Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm eagerly awaiting some investigation leaks to start dripping over the next few months.  I don't expect it to change anything but it will help to restore som credibility to the FBI. (Sad when you think they need to leak investigation info to regain credibility).
View Quote

Why would the FBI having credibility be a good thing?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This is the only way to express it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We're living in a banana republic.

This is the only way to express it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So sad and angry right now. Helpless is an appropriate description of how many people are feeling. I really hope this pushes more voters over to Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone say hello to your new president.

So sad and angry right now. Helpless is an appropriate description of how many people are feeling. I really hope this pushes more voters over to Trump.

She will not have the same level of fervent public support that obama enjoyed in his two campaigns. If the republican base would get solidly behind Trump we wouldn't have to worry about a president hillary. It would actually be a breeze.

But as we all can see, that is not what's happening. Many in the GOP, including posters on this gun site, prefer what we witnessed today over what might happen under a president Trump.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The outcome of the recommendation isn't his concern.  The outcome of his fact-finding investigation is, and the first half of his speech made it VERY clear what it found.

A lot of folks, in mil and some other govt sectors, take oaths.  Many never get the chance to really decide to do the right thing by it, at potential great personal cost.  He got that chance, and choose poorly.  His thoughts/statements about pressure or expectations be damned- personal courage CAN happen outside the battlefield in the face of choosing to do what is right versus an easier wrong.  His own words made it absolutely clear they found wrong-doing, but are choosing to ignore it- actions that will hurt the country and the FBI, both, to a very great extent.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I get that vibe as well. I think he was pressured and I think he personally strongly disagrees with the final outcome. I also think he is submitting because he knows there will be no victory or win for him in saying what he truly believes. I suppose that qualifies him as a coward in some respects.

The outcome of the recommendation isn't his concern.  The outcome of his fact-finding investigation is, and the first half of his speech made it VERY clear what it found.

A lot of folks, in mil and some other govt sectors, take oaths.  Many never get the chance to really decide to do the right thing by it, at potential great personal cost.  He got that chance, and choose poorly.  His thoughts/statements about pressure or expectations be damned- personal courage CAN happen outside the battlefield in the face of choosing to do what is right versus an easier wrong.  His own words made it absolutely clear they found wrong-doing, but are choosing to ignore it- actions that will hurt the country and the FBI, both, to a very great extent.  

Well said.  Comey willingly chose to abdicate the responsibilities of his position to become a lackey of a criminal administration.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm going to re-read it today. You know for research and what not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone still think that Enemies Foreign and Domestic is a work of fiction?

The rule of law died in this country a long time ago.  Today was just the official announcement.

I'm going to re-read it today. You know for research and what not.

Lots of things to be learned from that book

I suggest everyone read it. And prepare.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
7/5/2016 the day America Died
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]
New avatar:

Please don't hotlink it so you don't kill my photobucket account. Go ahead and steal it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Strauss and Howe's book "The 4th Turning" predicted that we would face an existential crisis, on a par with the Civil War or WW 1 and 2, right about now.

So this isn't actually it, yet, but this sure seems like a big leap in that direction,
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you thinking those government bureaucrats are different than those other government bureaucrats?  Really?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what the CIA thinks about this.

Are you thinking those government bureaucrats are different than those other government bureaucrats?  Really?  

I think he is saying what do average Case Officers who live under the rules think of Hillary breaking every rule and walking, when they know what would happen if they did the same.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
His whole statement was about her mishandling of classified information. The whole reason this happened in the first place was because of her deliberate attempt to circumvent open records law. Comey was absolutely silent on this.
View Quote

I posted before seeing yours.  Everyone is so fixated on the classified information that they seem to overlook this important (I believe more important) aspect - that her actions in setting up the private server could only have been to keep all of her information hidden from her department and, therefore, from the public.  

What was that about Nixon getting in hot water for 18 minutes of missing tape?  Here we have an untold number of emails that were erased with only the say-so of the person erasing them that those emails weren't information that should be subject to government records retention requirements.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Liberals and Hillary supporters celebrating right now

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#12]
What I can assure the American people is that this investigation was done honestly, competently and independently, no outside influence of any kind was brought to bear."
View Quote

I'd have more respect for this POS Comey if he just told the American people to fuck off and go about your peon business.

This lie amounts to telling a hooker you love her as you're skipping out on the tab.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Strauss and Howe's book "The 4th Turning" predicted that we would face an existential crisis, on a par with the Civil War or WW 1 and 2, right about now.

So this isn't actually it, yet, but this sure seems like a big leap in that direction,
View Quote

I've been wanting to read that book for a while but, I keep forgetting to pick up a copy.  Maybe this will provide the spark to finally do it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Hannity is going to flip his wig tonight..
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm incredibly angry right now.

OK Congress.  The ball is now in your court - we've seen that nobody in the Executive Branch can be trusted.  You going to make it 2 for 3?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Liberals and Hillary supporters celebrating right now

https://i.sli.mg/zYG3xY.png
View Quote

And I hate them as much as I hate the stooges in the Gov.

I have said it before, fuck all liberals. They are not our Countrymen, they are traitors and scum. They are the enemy, pure and simple. Every. Fucking. One. They are as big as enemies as the Germans and Japanese in WWII. Maybe bigger, since they are destroying the country from within.

Never forget that. They deserve to treated as the enemies they are. If they are ever defeated (ha, fat chance now), they cannot be allowed to live amongst us. They must be banished to a country of their own, never to taint the goodness of Freedom again. You cannot live in peace amongst them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
This regime owes General Petraeus an apology, a pardon and all-inclusive, round the world tour.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#20]
suck my taint, government
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know if today was the day the Republic died, but today was certainly the day that Comey read the eulogy over the casket.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK Congress.  The ball is now in your court - we've seen that nobody in the Executive Branch can be trusted.  You going to make it 2 for 3?
View Quote

Oh fuck, my sides hurt
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This regime owes General Petraeus an apology, a pardon and all-inclusive, round the world tour.
View Quote

Old David a gun control liberal. Fuck that Nancy Boy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wonder what the CIA thinks about this.
View Quote

They are just part of the government machine...
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Pat Sajak
   ?@patsajak
23 minutes ago

No matter how you feel about the candidates, it should be a lot of fun watching the Trump vs. Houdini race unfold.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haven't they already? The judicial branch was the last holdout and that appears to be lost as well. If hillary gets elected it will absolutely be lost for at least decades.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Could it be possible he was pressured into that and doesn't actually agree with the outcome?

I mean, I know it was pre-scripted, but why spend all of that time planting the idea that she was careless, committed a crime, etc...

They could have said Hillary did nothing wrong, and we're dropping charges.

Instead, they built a clear picture of corruption and bias for the American voters to process when they hit the polls.

Maybe I'm grasping at anything in hopes that the law isn't dead.

View Quote

Makes you wonder.  They were passing an already hot potato to DOJ.  Now that Comey said all he did, it's like he heated the damn thing up even more.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know if today was the day the Republic died, but today was certainly the day that Comey read the eulogy over the casket.
View Quote

The Republic died the day the 16th and 17th amendments were passed (Federal income tax and popular election of senators)

We're just reaching the point of realization that the rotting skeleton is well and truly dead.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol. Laws are for the middle class. Moral cowardice trumps honor and comfort trumps freedom every time when there are no consequences.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#30]
"No surprises about Hillary, you don't lose races when you own all the horses". - Charlie Daniels via Twitter.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
His whole statement was about her mishandling of classified information. The whole reason this happened in the first place was because of her deliberate attempt to circumvent open records law. Comey was absolutely silent on this.
View Quote

He didn't mention the email where she told her aide to whiteout classified markings and fax a document to her home either.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Read:  Because anyone with a lawyer's brain knows that Hillary will have your ass and your entire family

hounded for life.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The highlights:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information,...

It is also likely that there are other work-related e-mails that they did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all e-mails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received.

There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff,

We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

Read:  Because anyone with a lawyer's brain knows that Hillary will have your ass and your entire family

hounded for life.  

Not defending him, but it sounds like he's reading this under some kind of duress. Almost like he's saying, read between the lines, there's nothing I can do.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Someone posted this on Yahoo, I thought I'd share it

"In the hopes of clearing my family name, and in the
sincere desire to give my children the fair share of the American way of
life, without a blemish on their name and background, I have appeared
before this committee
and given it all the cooperation in my power. I consider it a great dishonor
to me personally to have to deny that I am a criminal. I wish to have
the following noted for the record: that I served my country faithfully
and honorably in World War II and was awarded the Navy Cross for
actions in defense of my country; that I have never been arrested or
indicted for any crime whatsoever; that no proof linking me to any
criminal conspiracy whether it is called "Mafia" or "Cosa Nostra" or
whatever other name you wish to give has ever been made public. I have
not taken refuge behind the 5th amendment, though it is my right
to do. I challenge this committee to produce any witness or evidence against
me. And if they do not, I
hope they will have the decency to clear my name with the same publicity
with which they now have besmirched it."

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not defending him, but it sounds like he's reading this under some kind of duress. Almost like he's saying, read between the lines, there's nothing I can do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The highlights:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information,...

It is also likely that there are other work-related e-mails that they did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all e-mails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received.

There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff,

We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account.

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

hounded for life.  

Of course no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.  Reasonable prosecutors want to remain on this side of the grass.  Charging Hillary is suicide.

He still should have done the right thing and recommended charges.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The highlights:

hounded for life.  

People were saying the same thing about Chief Justice Roberts.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#37]

surprised that fuccboi had the balls to say that
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
One law for thee, another for me.  

Comey probably didn't want to end up like Vince Foster.  There is no law, almost no republic left.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I posted before seeing yours.  Everyone is so fixated on the classified information that they seem to overlook this important (I believe more important) aspect - that her actions in setting up the private server could only have been to keep all of her information hidden from her department and, therefore, from the public.  

What was that about Nixon getting in hot water for 18 minutes of missing tape?  Here we have an untold number of emails that were erased with only the say-so of the person erasing them that those emails weren't information that should be subject to government records retention requirements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, its ties into the clinton foundation and all the other upstanding americans it will implicate far and wide for the traitors they are. There is a reason a block of the GOP would rather see HRC as president of this country. This whole email thing is a facade. The real story is the CF and it's corruption and ties to foreign governments which has conveniently been ignored by the media.

I would be willing to bet that Trump has leaked information that will be released on this. The reason for this opinion is because the top tiers of government all seem to be implicated in some way or another (their protection is guilt) but the working stiffs in places like the FBI who are investigating and analyzing obviously have access and are not beholden to these traitors.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Could this mobilize Bern people?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Nobody but nobody should be defending Comey in the least.  The deck was stacked?  He saw the writing on the wall?  Fuck you, resign then.  Men and women have bled out and died defending the rule of law, if you think that the corruption has become too great then get the fuck out and turn down that paycheck.  

I don't give a shit what Comey said today, or how he kinda sorta backhanded indicted her by calling her a,iar and negligent.  He didn't recco charges.  HE IS AS COMPLICIT AS HILLARY HERSELF.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Nice. Hopefully that notion can gain/hold some traction with the people.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

lets see if he can follow through

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]
What a coincidence! The day FBHO starts campaigning for FHRC, the FBI clears her.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cute statement, but WHAT THE FUCK IS HE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!?!!?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#46]
So when does the FBI rank and file start leaking to show what's really going on?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
View Quote

It's a work place violation. Go see HR please for your verbal reprimand.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#48]
How about a FUCKING GRAND JURY Comey you spineless WEASEL!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE BEARD JUST GOT 10CM LONGER
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What a coincidence! The day FBHO starts campaigning for FHRC, the FBI clears her.
View Quote

And Arfcom ASSURED me of the Clintons and the Obamas hating each other too much to work together.

Face it, we're the Starks of American Politics, while the progressives are the Lannisters; we play to be right and honorable, they play to win the game of thrones.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top