Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When I was a kid we took all of my Joe’s behind the house into the woods and destroyed them. Now as an adult I wish I still had them. I’ve been contemplating on going behind my parents house to try and find the parts. But every now and then I scour eBay for them. They’re so ridiculous in price now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I had the USS Flagg. My parents were poor. The two big wheels we had were both second hand. One was technically my brothers.

@TheTallest
I asked my Mom for the USS Flagg again recently….she checked eBay and said it was still too expensive.

When I was a kid we took all of my Joe’s behind the house into the woods and destroyed them. Now as an adult I wish I still had them. I’ve been contemplating on going behind my parents house to try and find the parts. But every now and then I scour eBay for them. They’re so ridiculous in price now.

When I got older in High School I took all of my Star Wars toys and put them in totes.

I had a hell of a collection of figures and vehicles.

My first year away at College my mom gave it all away. I had no idea she had did it. After we had our son, which was around the same time that the Phantom Menace came out, I decided it was time to go get the totes and start cleaning up the toys and checking to see which ones worked and which ones didn't that took batteries. So I called my mom and said I was coming out to get my Star Wars toys and she got real quiet, and I said Mom what's going on and she said I gave those away when you went to college years ago. It took me about six months to talk to my mom again

I had intended for that to be given to my kids. Now I look at the stuff on eBay that I had and realize that I could have damn near paid for two years of college for my daughter by selling the stuff I had. Thanks Mom
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring back the parachute pants !!!
Had a pair.  They were comfortable.

But did you also have the moon boots?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/0F3B37AD-7D08-40A2-B687-377962A7D1F5_jpe-2330301.JPG

Oh snap.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Amazing time to live and be a kid.
View Quote

The best time. Born in '77, BMX and Tony Hawk. And Mike Tyson. And Gretzky.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Boomers: We were really cool, we all listened to a band named after a dildo!
Millennials: OMG, chicks hair was huge!

GenX: At least our chicks had huge hair and not huge dicks.

Ugly Kid Joe will always be high school in the 90s to me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byEGjLU2egA

Let us not forget when talk show hosts were somewhat respectable and made the mistake of calling 2 Live Crew on the show.  

Even the Boomer dudes be like dat ass.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iViMrXn5IIs

Anyone remember Green Jelly?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtffv9bpB-U
View Quote

My copy said Green Jellö.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's worth it. I have listed to the whole thing while I was working. Didn't watch much though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An hour+ video, eh?...

It's worth it. I have listed to the whole thing while I was working. Didn't watch much though.
My wife and I watched it.  We were legit captured by the whole the thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Still do.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
do i still have to wear my cardigan?
View Quote

With a turtleneck...
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#10]

I wanted this thing so bad as a kid and my parents never got it for me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]

I had the pair on the left.
Quoted:

You can still find them on Tubi. My son has watched them all several times. Proud papa moment.
View Quote

Quoted:

Awesome
View Quote

I have it on DVD. My daughter and I have been watching them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I got older in High School I took all of my Star Wars toys and put them in totes.

My first year away at College my mom gave it all away. I had no idea she had did it. After we had our son, which was around the same time that the Phantom Menace came out, I decided it was time to go get the totes and start cleaning up the toys and checking to see which ones worked and which ones didn't that took batteries. So I called my mom and said I was coming out to get my Star Wars toys and she got real quiet, and I said Mom what's going on and she said I gave those away when you went to college years ago. It took me about six months to talk to my mom again

I had intended for that to be given to my kids. Now I look at the stuff on eBay that I had and realize that I could have damn near paid for two years of college for my daughter by selling the stuff I had. Thanks Mom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I had the USS Flagg. My parents were poor. The two big wheels we had were both second hand. One was technically my brothers.

@TheTallest
I asked my Mom for the USS Flagg again recently….she checked eBay and said it was still too expensive.

I still have some of my Star Wars figures and a few of my G.I. Joe’s but the majority of the Joe’s are in the woods by my house and a lot of my Star Wars toys were lost.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Class of 84 checking in!  What a great time to be young.  Great memories here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

I trashed mine about 5 years ago. Warmest boots ever. Mine were silver and black though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#15]

I recently ended up with one of those.  Fixed it up and my son rides it.  

Of course I had to give it a shot.  Those things are dangerous.  Dangerous I say!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I trashed mine about 5 years ago. Warmest boots ever. Mine were silver and black though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The worst part about those things was forgetting to put your shoes in your backpack when you left for school in the morning, then getting to school and realizing you had to wear your goddamn fucking mooners all day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Born 74 graduated HS 92. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Speaking of GI Joe, I tripped across these a while ago, they’re not the 80’s versions but still the full size ones and I thought they were pretty cool.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Proud GenX checking in.  Another born in '74, graduated in '92.  Still have an Atari 2600, a "Trashcan" 80, and a "Commode" 64 kicking around in storage.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The worst part about those things was forgetting to put your shoes in your backpack when you left for school in the morning, then getting to school and realizing you had to wear your goddamn fucking mooners all day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wore mine with pride.

They looked very much like the ones Napoleon Dynamite wore.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I always wanted this as a kid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I was born in 81 and definitely identify more with Gen X than Millennials.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#23]

My wife came home from work the other day with a huge box full of vintage 1/6 G.I. Joe’s from the 1970’s. Got four figures, two in phenomenal shape and two that need a lot of work and two vehicles, a foot locker and a bunch of accessories.

This is one vehicle she came home with:

It’s incomplete.

And this is the other one:

It’s mostly there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been there done that. Total suckage.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife came home from work the other day with a huge box full of vintage 1/6 G.I. Joe’s from the 1970’s. Got four figures, two in phenomenal shape and two that need a lot of work and two vehicles, a foot locker and a bunch of accessories.

This is one vehicle she came home with:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PqwAAOSw7rdiCri3/s-l1600.jpg

It’s incomplete.

And this is the other one:

https://image.invaluable.com/housePhotos/donley/48/675548/H5675-L213381156.jpg

It’s mostly there.
View Quote

Those are cool.  Go Joe!
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Those are some cool GenX toys, but that is definitely some boomer paneling.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#27]
*1984 millennial intensifies*

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#28]
After school cartoons were the best.

The days of Ronaldus Maximus.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was born in late '71 also, class of 1990.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

How embarrassing for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
xennial.  It's a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

82 here.  Not really gen x, not really millennial.
xennial.  It's a thing.

Millennial started in 1980... It sucks, I know but we've got a generation even if it's not the one we want.

81'er
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#33]
The first "decent" bicycle I owned.  I bought this at Otasco Hardware store with a little help from my old man (I'd saved up $100, but didn't account for tax).

The Huffy Sigma.  So badass with the wheel discs.

Then two of my friends got GT bikes, I remember one was a GT performer.  My parents splurged and got me a Dyno VFR for my birthday (big deal for them and me since they were very frugal).

There's no telling how many miles I logged on these two bikes.  Back then I was supposed to be outdoors all day until the streetlights came on, that's just the way it was.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s an antique wood hutch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I recently decided to start collecting Currier and Ives dinnerware.  I bet some of the older Gen-X'ers ate off these as a kid.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My copy said Green Jell.
View Quote
@Skinny79

I just pulled this out for this thread. I keep it in my mementos box hoping one day to strike it rich because of its rarity.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
@Skinny79

I just pulled this out for this thread. I keep it in my mementos box hoping one day to strike it rich because of its rarity.

https://i.postimg.cc/XJyL4tNf/PXL-20220329-155007349.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My copy said Green Jell.
@Skinny79

https://i.postimg.cc/XJyL4tNf/PXL-20220329-155007349.jpg

I have that exact CD, bought it in 1993 or so before they changed the name. The newer ones said Green Jelly, and Maynard from Tool did the piggy voice on the "Three Little Pigs" song. Also a funny rip off of a Sex Pistols song "Anarchy" in there. And who can forget SHIT MAAAAAAN!!

No way I'd let my 14yo listen to that, but those were different times.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Did you also have to wear sandwich bread bags over your socks to make sure your feet didn't get wet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I recently decided to start collecting Currier and Ives dinnerware.  I bet some of the older Gen-X'ers ate off these as a kid.

https://i.imgur.com/SRO8UXg.jpg
View Quote
I remember!
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The first "decent" bicycle I owned.  I bought this at Otasco Hardware store with a little help from my old man (I'd saved up $100, but didn't account for tax).

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/sigfix5d0a5b6ebb409_lg.jpg

Then two of my friends got GT bikes, I remember one was a GT performer.  My parents splurged and got me a Dyno VFR for my birthday (big deal for them and me since they were very frugal).
https://thumbor.offerup.com/5Y-fyDAD43lTOlPTgrs5xZi2ylY=/1920x1440/caa5/caa55dd8774e4c5da51c1c356003ee58.jpg

There's no telling how many miles I logged on these two bikes.  Back then I was supposed to be outdoors all day until the streetlights came on, that's just the way it was.
View Quote
Those are some sweet bikes. When I was in that phase, if a kid rode up on anything made by Redline, like a ProLine or 600a, he immediately established dominance and was crowned king. Those were serious racing bikes. Then later on came Diamondback, Haro, Mongoose and other freestyle bikes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Did you also have to wear sandwich bread bags over your socks to make sure your feet didn't get wet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Checking in.  Born in '81, Class of '98.

The difference between us (last of Gen X) and Millenials is we are old enough (even if only by a few years) to know how fucking bad of an idea it was to bring back 80's mom jeans (and other hideous high-waisted nonsense), bangs (which never looked good, ever), and shitty keyboard/synth-heavy music with droning, androgynous vocals.

We also have seen Reality Bites, and knew Tim Armstrong when he had a mohawk.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#45]
My brother and I both had Ross Apollo 3-Speed bikes.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

It sure made it difficult to keep the boots on your feet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You can still find them on Tubi. My son has watched them all several times. Proud papa moment.
View All Quotes

Well, I just signed up for Tubi, thanks for that!
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Those are some sweet bikes. When I was in that phase, if a kid rode up on anything made by Redline, like a ProLine or 600a, he immediately established dominance and was crowned king. Those were serious racing bikes. Then later on came Diamondback, Haro, Mongoose and other freestyle bikes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/CE403C58-29DB-45C5-AEE2-ECBEEA1242CF_jpe-2330550.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/39572BF4-3828-4364-98E3-1DEA510F3647_jpe-2330551.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/sigfix5d0a5b6ebb409_lg.jpg

https://thumbor.offerup.com/5Y-fyDAD43lTOlPTgrs5xZi2ylY=/1920x1440/caa5/caa55dd8774e4c5da51c1c356003ee58.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/CE403C58-29DB-45C5-AEE2-ECBEEA1242CF_jpe-2330550.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/39572BF4-3828-4364-98E3-1DEA510F3647_jpe-2330551.JPG

Absolute King if you had one of those.  No doubt.

I had a buddy from day care who had the first and only Kuwahara BMX bike I'd ever seen.  Others were kings, he was the God Emperor.  

Same buddy also had a Powell-Peralta Tony Hawk skateboard.  Basically, he owned everyone.  Crazy thing was/is, he wasn't a spoiled kid and he's grown up to be a down to earth guy.  I see him maybe twice a year; we still talk bikes and skateboards like we were 10 years old.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#49]
What a great time to have been born.  I feel lucky that God chose this time for me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did anyone else have the Sea Wolf sub as a kid? I remember taking that thing with me in the tub.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/1975-vintage-gi-joe-sea-wolf_1_5d826af97-2330558.jpg
View Quote

Mine is still in my parent's attic along with most of the other stuff too including the jeep and trailer, ATV, tower, helicopter,  etc.  I haven't seen any of it in years and the SC heat has probably ruined all of it.  My cousin recently sold his Haro Master (green, can't recall the exact model) for $2000- with a broken crank.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top