Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
my letter let me know what you think.  

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago. -Thomas Jefferson

First of all Sen. Corker allow me to congratulate you on your victory in our great state of Tennessee.   As a resident of Chattanooga, and as one of the few conservative students left at UTC I was thrilled with your victory.  My email tonight is concerning the upcoming proposal of yet another gun ban, H.R. 1022 put forward by Sen. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY).  This ban seeks to ban many semi automatic rifles used by sportsmen, collectors, and enthusiasts.  She claims that such a ban would make our streets safer, I and many others contended that it would do nothing of the sort.  The vast majority of firearms used in violent crimes are handguns, which are almost without exception illegally obtained and possessed in the first place.  It should not be enough that just because an AR15 or M14 looks scary that it should be made illegal.  On the occasions when an “assault weapon” is used it is almost always an illegally obtained and modified weapon i.e. the “West Hollywood Shootout”.  The point needs to be made in congress that the states that have some of the strictest gun laws (NY, CA) still have some of the highest instances of gun violence.  How anyone thinks that by outlawing anything makes it impossible to get is mind boggling.  By making any firearms illegal you only insure that law abiding citizens will be unable to obtain them.  Those who are willing to use them to hurt the innocent would think nothing of breaking the law to obtain them in the first place.  It also needs to be said that the constitution does not give us the right to own sporting rifles, but was written specifically so that citizens of this nation would have military rifles.  I ask you Senator Corker, were does it stop, if they take “assault weapons” away and crime still exists what then.  Pistols maybe, and then maybe all semi autos, followed by maybe bolt action rifles, because after all Sen. Corker to a person who knows nothing about firearms a bolt action with a scope looks a lot like a sniper rifle.  My point is, as I’m sure you are well aware all laws set precedence and once we start banning it won’t stop till we have lost it all.  I chose to begin and end this email with quotes by one of the founders of this great country, a man who framed the constitution so many consider a relic of the past.  I truly hope that knowledge and careful consideration will win out over fear and ignorance, I am truly afraid that this generation will be the last to enjoy firearms freely.
 "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Luckly they dont have the votes they would need to pass this garbage. Even with the dems taking over in the houe and senate there are enough gun friendly dems that wont let this trash pass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Luckly they dont have the votes they would need to pass this garbage. Even with the dems taking over in the houe and senate there are enough gun friendly dems that wont let this trash pass.

I seem to recall similar statrments being made in the early 1990's.

I've seen 'gun friendly dems' that voted for gun control laws, because they considered them 'reasonable' measures to help fight crime.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What about filing a lawsuit against the idiots? Can the NRA or other group do that?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Did my part, wrote my senator.  I will urge all others I know to do the same.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Good luck trying to find all the guns here in Florida. Guns are not registered after u sell them to another person.  I sold all mine to some guy that I met at a Craker Barrel. hen

I lost them all in a tragic boating accident it was terrible!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
FIREARM'S REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All rights reserved.
11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you understand?
12. The Second Amendant is in place incase the politicians ignore the
others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.
15.Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
18. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
19. If guns cause cause crime, then matches cause arson.
20. Only a government that is afraid of it's citizens tries to control
them.
21. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
22.Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.
23. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
24 The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
25. "A government of the people, by the people, for the people"
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I said it once, and I will say it again, From my cold dead hands! To be honest people of that sort make me sick when their efforts could go to actually help fighting crime, and one other thing, If guns kill people, Can I blame misspelled words on my pencil? There is my two cents...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#9]
In addition to your letters, if you aren't registered to vote, then make sure to do so. A letter from a registered voter pulls more weight than one from someone who is not registered. If you aren't registered, then there is no fear of you using your vote to remove them from office.

If you are registered and don't vote, make a trip to the polls on the next election day and make your voice heard! Remember, even your local officials can propose laws that limit your second amendment rights.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
That bill is pure tripe. Time to contact my reps and perhaps submit an editorial to the paper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what I've read, before the current Congress got down to business, Charles Schumer warned that the democratic party had to stop catering to special interest groups or risk losing the support of the American people.

I suggest writing Mr Schumer, even if you are not from his state, and explaining the danger that H.R.1022 represents to his party.  It may be helpful to point out the recent Zumbo comments, and how those comments have apparently ended Zumbo's career.  If American gun owners are prepared to quickly and decisively do that to "one of their own", what are they prepared to do to the democratic party?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Republicans gain power just a few years ago thanks in part to a backlash against the gun grabbing liberals?  How soon they forget.

How many liberals do you know that are single-issue voters regarding gun control? Do you think a liberal would vote against Klinton if she refused to support a ban? No, they wouldn't. Most of them are against the 2nd ammedment, but it isn't a make-or-break deal for them. I am a conservative, and although I look at all planks of a candidate's platform, I will not vote for anti-2nd ammendment stooge -NO MATTER WHAT.

You would think that as politically savvy as many of them are, they would stay the hell away from any assault ban like it was a ripe ebola carrier. The issue will never gain them votes they didn't have already, and logic should tell them that it will only harm them to touch the issue. Without fail, some pinhead legislator will dredge it up again. Although the veteran libs probably cringe to themselves, they will vote for it to avoid their no vote being used against them by one of their liberal cohorts during the next primary. Fools.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck trying to find all the guns here in Florida. Guns are not registered after u sell them to another person.  I sold all mine to some guy that I met at a Craker Barrel.

Then you just violated HR1022.  Private sales are not allowed under HR1022.

I lost them all in a tragic boating accident it was terrible!

And you have a copy of the accident report, where you declared each firearm (including model and serial number) lost in the accident?  And you did notify the BATF, in writing, of the loss of each of the firearms (manufacturer, model, and serial number of each, with date and circumstances of the loss)?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago. -Thomas Jefferson

First of all Sen. Corker allow me to congratulate you on your victory in our great state of Tennessee.   As a resident of Chattanooga, and as one of the few conservative students left at UTC I was thrilled with your victory.  My email tonight is concerning the upcoming proposal of yet another gun ban, H.R. 1022 put forward by Sen. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY).   This ban seeks to ban many semi automatic rifles used by sportsmen, collectors, and enthusiasts.  She claims that such a ban would make our streets safer, I and many others contended that it would do nothing of the sort.  The vast majority of firearms used in violent crimes are handguns, which are almost without exception illegally obtained and possessed in the first place.  It should not be enough that just because an AR15 or M14 looks scary that it should be made illegal.  On the occasions when an “assault weapon” is used it is almost always an illegally obtained and modified weapon i.e. the “West Hollywood Shootout”.  The point needs to be made in congress that the states that have some of the strictest gun laws (NY, CA) still have some of the highest instances of gun violence.  How anyone thinks that by outlawing anything makes it impossible to get is mind boggling.  By making any firearms illegal you only insure that law abiding citizens will be unable to obtain them.  Those who are willing to use them to hurt the innocent would think nothing of breaking the law to obtain them in the first place.  It also needs to be said that the constitution does not give us the right to own sporting rifles, but was written specifically so that citizens of this nation would have military rifles.  I ask you Senator Corker, were does it stop, if they take “assault weapons” away and crime still exists what then.  Pistols maybe, and then maybe all semi autos, followed by maybe bolt action rifles, because after all Sen. Corker to a person who knows nothing about firearms a bolt action with a scope looks a lot like a sniper rifle.  My point is, as I’m sure you are well aware all laws set precedence and once we start banning it won’t stop till we have lost it all.  I chose to begin and end this email with quotes by one of the founders of this great country, a man who framed the constitution so many consider a relic of the past.  I truly hope that knowledge and careful consideration will win out over fear and ignorance, I am truly afraid that this generation will be the last to enjoy firearms freely.
 "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Carolyn McCarthy, U.S. Representative- NOT SENATOR.  Don't attribute to her MORE POWER than she actually has.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

First of all Sen. Corker allow me to congratulate you on your victory in our great state of Tennessee.   As a resident of Chattanooga, and as one of the few conservative students left at UTC I was thrilled with your victory.  My email tonight is concerning the upcoming proposal of yet another gun ban, H.R. 1022 put forward by Sen. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY).   This ban seeks to ban many semi automatic rifles used by sportsmen, collectors, and enthusiasts.  She claims that such a ban would make our streets safer, I and many others contended that it would do nothing of the sort.  The vast majority of firearms used in violent crimes are handguns, which are almost without exception illegally obtained and possessed in the first place.  It should not be enough that just because an AR15 or M14 looks scary that it should be made illegal.  On the occasions when an “assault weapon” is used it is almost always an illegally obtained and modified weapon i.e. the “West Hollywood Shootout”.  The point needs to be made in congress that the states that have some of the strictest gun laws (NY, CA) still have some of the highest instances of gun violence.  How anyone thinks that by outlawing anything makes it impossible to get is mind boggling.  By making any firearms illegal you only insure that law abiding citizens will be unable to obtain them.  Those who are willing to use them to hurt the innocent would think nothing of breaking the law to obtain them in the first place.  It also needs to be said that the constitution does not give us the right to own sporting rifles, but was written specifically so that citizens of this nation would have military rifles.  I ask you Senator Corker, were does it stop, if they take “assault weapons” away and crime still exists what then.  Pistols maybe, and then maybe all semi autos, followed by maybe bolt action rifles, because after all Sen. Corker to a person who knows nothing about firearms a bolt action with a scope looks a lot like a sniper rifle.  My point is, as I’m sure you are well aware all laws set precedence and once we start banning it won’t stop till we have lost it all.  I chose to begin and end this email with quotes by one of the founders of this great country, a man who framed the constitution so many consider a relic of the past.  I truly hope that knowledge and careful consideration will win out over fear and ignorance, I am truly afraid that this generation will be the last to enjoy firearms freely.

Carolyn McCarthy, U.S. Representative- NOT SENATOR.  Don't attribute to her MORE POWER than she actually has.Otherwise well written. The use of quotes from one of our founding fathers is also a very good technique. Kudos as well with the specific quotes you chose. I'd like to suggest omitting the the part "the constitution does not give us the right to own sporting rifles." We can all tell from the context of the rest of the sentence that that is not actually what you mean, but any even remote implication that we are are not allowed to own a gun should be avoided. Instead try something like "It also needs to be noted that at the time of the writing of the Constitution, all weapons were considered military or "assault" weapons."
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#15]
There are a number of democrats and liberals who, despite not liking guns too much (read: hippies) think that the government is taking too much power from the people, and that the government has become self serving. H.R. 1022 seems to be along those same lines, the government seeking more control under the guise of safety.

Does this mean we'll be friends with hippies?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's the letter I've formulated (combined several) that I'm going to email.  

Dear Congressman/Senator ____________,

As one of your voting constituents and a life-long resident of Nebraska, I am writing to you to express my disgust in a proposed House Bill by Mrs. McCarthy of New York. The Bill I am referring to is HR 1022.

This is a new bill that would re-authorize the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that sunset on September 13, 2004. This ban prohibited many semi-automatic firearms by name or by certain features, because they looked similar to military firearms. These weapons were labeled as "non-sporting", and were said to be no good for hunting.

The fact that the 2nd Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting and is solely about preserving liberty and freedom continues to confuse many of your colleagues in the House and Senate.

When this piece of "feel good" legislation was scheduled to sunset in September 2004, many elected officials in Washington made outrageous predictions about the dire consequences of the ban's expiration. We were told that violent gun crimes would skyrocket. They were wrong.  Sarah Brady, one of the nation's leading gun control advocates, warned that "our streets are going to be filled with AK-47s and Uzis. Life without the ban would mean rampant murder and bloodshed”.  She was also wrong.

This is nothing new.  In fact, before the now expired Federal Assault Weapon Ban was made into law, less that 2% of all crimes were committed with what the anti gun advocates define as “assault weapons”. Hands and feet were used more often as weapons by a wide margin!  In the 29 months since the ban expired, violent crimes with firearms have actually decreased in many areas.

It has been proven that violent criminals will never care about what laws are written, and that restricting the rights of good citizens has no effect on violent crime.  Washington DC and New York are perfect examples, with some of the highest crime and most restrictive gun laws in the nation.

As a voter, law abiding gun owner, shooter, firearms collector, small business owner and father of two sons, I find it necessary to contact my representatives and remind you to fight for my Constitutional rights. The same rights that you have taken an oath to protect and defend.

HR 1022 is a horrible, treasonous bill that would, among other things, criminalize manufacture and sale of practically all semi-automatic firearms, for no good reason and in direct opposition of our US Constitution. I need your help in defending our Constitution from its domestic enemies, which apparently include Representative Carolyn McCarthy of New York.  I need you to vote against HR 1022, should it slip out of the Judiciary Committee in any form. I also ask that you speak against any such laws at the first opportunity, and use your influence to prevent further introduction of the same in the House when possible.

Please continue to support law-abiding citizens, and our Constitution by letting Mrs. McCarthy and any potential co-sponsors know that the American people want crime control and not more restrictive gun control as presented in HR 1022.  

The 2nd Amendment of our Constitution is very clear, “…The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this letter and thank you for your service to our country and the State of Nebraska.  As this is a very actively discussed subject on the internet, be prepared to receive other phone calls and letters, as I am one of many of your constituents that feel the same about this type of outlandish proposed bill.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Please share your comments as to suggested modifications.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I am gonna fight this till my last breath, its the last time McCarthy gets elected even if Attila the Hun runs against her she is going to lose. she has just committed political suicide.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Mostly I lurk, but as soon as I read the front page I wrote up a letter (with some great phrases borrowed from example letters) to Representative Ellison who happens to be from my district. And yes, I am a Democrat, though a conservative one (I don't lump all Republicans with Ashcroft, I'd appreciate it if you don't lump me with McCarthy).

-----
Dear Honorable Representative Ellison,

At this time the House Committee on the Judiciary is considering H.R. 1022, to re-instate the "Assault Weapons Ban" with additional provisions.

As a Minnesota Democrat, veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and current member of the Minnesota National Guard I need your help to defeat this proposed legislation.

In many ways this is the same ban that was allowed to sunset in 2004 after having had no effect on crime. The AWB of 1994 did, however, succeed in alienating the Democratic Party from nearly half the population of the United States who lawfully own firearms.

I support every effort to decrease crime through offender rehabilitation and improving social conditions. However, I believe that this legislation, as with the AWB, would prove ineffective in combating the cause of crime, instead merely addressing a Hollywood representation of the symptoms. It puts the blame for a criminal act on a tool and not it's user.

Just as we Democrats have opposed many threats to the Constitution under the current administration, we should also oppose any threat to the Second Amendment as they are a similarly grave threat to our constitutional rights.

Thank you for your time and consideration on this important issue.

Your constituent
     (Name)
     (Address)
-----
I hope it gets the message across that not all Dems are for radically changing the Constitution for no useful purpose. You know what Ben had to say about essential liberties and temporary safety.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Mostly I lurk, but as soon as I read the front page I wrote up a letter (with some great phrases borrowed from example letters) to Representative Ellison who happens to be from my district. And yes, I am a Democrat, though a conservative one (I don't lump all Republicans with Ashcroft, I'd appreciate it if you don't lump me with McCarthy).

-----

<snip>

I hope it gets the message across that not all Dems are for radically changing the Constitution for no useful purpose. You know what Ben had to say about essential liberties and temporary safety.

Fair Enough  

My letters have been sent as well.  I don't care what political party someone is associated with, I care about the 2nd Amendment!

ETA-  What's wrong with Ashcroft
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Well he's afraid of breasts for one.... [Edit] But enough about John Ashcroft's breasts! Back to fighting this POS legislation!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Letters to Senators and Representative have been sent.

I feel letters are more effective than e-mails. They have to be handeled are are more difficult to delete.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#22]
What is shutting down a multi-billion dollar market going to due to the economy.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is the part that gets me, just above the firearms banned by name section:

"`(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof:"

Thats so vague.. whats the criteria for deciding a duplicate? If it looks the same? if the operating system in the same?

You could construe that to mean a legally assembled, 922r compliant, AK47 pattern rifle built from a set of parts.

Its far more insidious than that; It does what the Clinton gun ban wanted to do. They banned things like "FN FAL" and "Automat Kalasnikov" by name because they wanted those guns out of our hands - fortunately for us, the way things were worded, if the name on the gun is differant and its minus a few doo-dads, flash suppressor, etc, then its not that same gun.

Every AR-15 is a "copy or duplicate" of one of the listed banned types. My SLR-105 isn't banned by name, but its a "copy or dulicate" of an AK-74. Even without the other qualifiers, like "detachable large capacity feeding devices"

So my main question was, how close is a copy or duplicate? If it merely "looks" like an M-16? If it has a direct gas-impingement system?

Could I design gun that looks like and M-16 with a differant op system? Could I design a gun with the same op system, but merely differant looks?

Or would they be duplicates/copies still? The line is so vague that the only thing you can be sure of is that it will be drawn as far from our side as possible.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Hi guys, I found this website to help keep track of the bill and it's progress (or lack there of)

http://www.opencongress.org/

Results of a search I did today look good. No co-sponsors, no action and all the related blogs that come up seem to be in strong opposition to this bill.

My 2 cents

Hope it helps

Thurman
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Sign the Petition

Active Link:
No to HR 1022, "Assault Weapons Ban"

And my modifed letter.  It gets right to the point.

Dear Honorable Congressman/Senator  _______,

I am a voting constituent.  You are my Representive/Senator.

Vote AGAINST H.R. 1022: To reauthorize the assault weapons ban, and for other purposes.

Do NOT vote for any more firearm restrictions.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#26]
This is why you always vote Republican.  If a Dem makes it to the white house, this will pass.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I applaud you guys for staying optimistic about this not passing, but comeon, we have a liberal congress that is so fucking looney that they're trying to overstep the bounds of the Constitution and define the mission of troops in theater!!!  There's a reason the Founding Fathers did not want a few hundred commanders in chief!

If they're willing to redefine the function of the congress, you can bet your ass that they will have NO problem slicing the 2nd clear out of existence.

As for myself, I'm off to dig a nice deep hole in the back yard...
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Perhaps McCarthy should update her website image to reflect her true colors....

http://home.centurytel.net/tanagra/images/cm1.jpg

I have emailed my rep and also the house judiciary.  Paper letters soon too.  God I hope this doesn't make it to the senate... I have two goo-goo gaa-gaa brainwashed liberalmonkies for senators here in WA, and they'd vote yes on this shit in a hearbeat.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#29]
What ever happened to the "million man march" The one that descended on Washington, D.C. a few years ago. There aught to be about 90 million of us, with Elmer Fudds included. That would tie up the traffic on the Beltway for a few days? Maybe congress would notice us, then. Well I guess in 1998 they noticed us real good. Maybe they need a voting reminder? And yes we all need to join the NRA, moreso now than ever.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I added more information that has been sent to me on more gun control laws and the emails I am getting the website gets updated alot.

Thanks for the help.

My Webpage
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I have just read and signed the petition: "No to HR 1022, "Assault
Weapons Ban""

Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in
signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly make a
difference. We are trying to reach 1,000,000 signatures - please sign
here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348

Once you have signed, you can help even more by asking your friends and
family to sign as well.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I added more information that has been sent to me on more gun control laws and the emails I am getting the website gets updated alot.

Thanks for the help.

My Webpage

Thanks for that information.

Just sent some letters to my Maryland-critters. Hopefully they won't blow me off like they usually do.

I didn't realize this had any momentum. Where's The_McCallen... isn't he supposed to be keeping tards like me abreast of this sort of thing?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#33]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Thanks for the help.

My Webpage

Thanks for that information.

Just sent some letters to my Maryland-critters. Hopefully they won't blow me off like they usually do.

I didn't realize this had any momentum. Where's The_McCallen... isn't he supposed to be keeping tards like me abreast of this sort of thing?

It doesn't have any momentum. Not yet at least. Regardless, we should keep doing our part by protesting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#34]
tsalagaikola, maybe you could add this to your website? H.R. 1022 Petition
Courtesy of GGoldhag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Added thanks and I have noticed that some of the H.R. 1022 Petitions are on the ACLU sites and I have never known them to stand up for any gun owner rights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#36]
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348    <- Petition

http://www.house.gov/writerep/   <- Email your congressman

C'mon, let's get that petition over 10,000.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Howdy all, I read AR15.com pretty much daily, however, I do not take part in the conversation often. I do not care what sort of perverted laws are passed by weak men, I will not be laying down my arms. Ever.

This is my letter. Regards.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/userletter/?id=361&letter_id=1076897351&content_dir=congressorg

Subject:
Vote NO on HR 1022

To:
Sen. Max Baucus
Sen. Jon Tester
Rep. Dennis Rehberg
President George Bush

February 26, 2007

I am the hunter and the patriot whose rights the 2nd amendment protects. I keep and bear arms to feed my family. I keep and bear arms to secure liberty against tyranny. I keep and bear arms to protect myself and my family.

HR 1022 is a direct unconstitutional infringement of the right to keep and bear arms.

HR 1022 is treasonous. Failure to vote NO on HR 1022 is treasonous. Here in Montana, and we don't put up with treasonous horse sh*t. I petition you to be a MAN and vote NO on this HR 1022 horse sh*t.

I am watching closely and I will NOT forget how you vote on this bill.

Bozeman , MT
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck them and fuck her!! My second amendent rights give me the right to bear arms. They will never get my weapons!! Once you ban weapons only the criminals will have them!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#39]
God help us if Hillary gets into the White House......
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#40]
If you can spare the money send your letter "return receipt requested".  That will help get thier attention.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#41]
5500 signatures since I signed it last night.  

Keep it going. hopefully it will mean something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#42]
FIGHT HR 1022
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I would like to make this a new thread.
I type on behalf of two groups of people

1) The Military forces based near Fayetteville NC.
2) The "Private" forces that have suffered casualties greater than ALL OF THE COMBINED TOTALS OF COALITION FORCES.

They call and email me: [email protected] and (910)221-5211

Bless you warriors, Let me know your needs, Especially weapons..the MFRS will gladly ship

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Signatures: 5,623
Goal: 1,000,000
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm hope the mods need to get the petition posted on the front of the sight.  I now have something to spend my tax money on, instead of a new roof.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#46]
WE MUST STOP THIS ASAP. !!!!1
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#47]
I was #1150 yesterday am, now over 6,000.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Just got on a bunch of groups on mySpace to spread the word. Not sure how effective it'll be but every little bit counts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#49]

The anti-gun Democrats have begun the first of their next round of assaults on firearm freedom in the U.S.   This will begin with the all encompassing ban on the firearms as listed in HR1022.  Their next step, if they succeed with the first, will be the banning of remaining firearm types such as skeet and trap shotguns, revolvers, semiautomatic pistols and center fire hunting rifles.  Then finally bolt action small caliber (.22, .177, etc.) rifles, single shot firearms and perhaps even air rifles and antique and modern black powder muzzle loaders.  If this continues, eventually all target shooting, collecting and hunting by private citizens will be banned.

This is the effect of the Democrats gaining power in the U.S. Congress due to the direct actions of the Muslim terrorists on 9-11-2001 which resulted in the MANDATORY (and insufficient) military actions in the Middle East.  Because of anti-war sentiments in the U.S., which could be predicted by these terrorists, the Democrats are now in power.  Note that the People did not vote for the Democrats because of the Democrat's other agandas (such as taxes, gun bans, environment, etc.).  The People simply voted against the mandatory military actions in the Middle East.  Actions on any other agenda on the part of the Democrats will likely be their demise.

With the passage of  these firearms bans, the radical fundamentalist Muslims will have further reached their goal of restricting and eventually eliminating the freedoms of U.S. Citizens.  These are not the peaceful Muslims, they are the radical type we have all come to know.  If not stopped, they will gradually cause our government to do away with other rights as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.  (Speech, press, unlawful search and seizure, etc.)

How are our freedoms currently being affected?  Well, one step at a time.  Airline travel has been affected in the U.S. (increased security, longer waiting times, name lists, searches, questioning,  carry-on restrictions, etc.).  We can no longer make day trips or visit for short periods the neighboring countries (Canada  and Mexico) without obtaining a passport at a cost of $100+ (including photos).  Now, the Democrats are being lead like sheep into imposing yet another restriction on [firearms] the most fundamental of freedoms which is guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the constitutions of the majority of the States in the U.S.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I just looked at Carolyn McCarthy's website and she uses the Salt Lake City shootings as a example of why we need the new AWB.  No mention that he used a shot gun not a AW.  I guess the facts are unimportant.  Personally I think we need a ban on Bosnian Muslims.  If we had one there would not have been a Salt Lake City shooting.  This is not hate speak it's just facts and truth.  Sometimes the facts and truths get the dems confused.

Her lead story:
02/13/07
Yesterday we learned of more unnecessary deaths from gun violence in Philadelphia, PA and Salt Lake City, UT. I am saddened to hear of these events and have introduced legislation that if enacted will prevent further violence.

In Salt Lake City, a young man opened fire in a crowded mall, killing 5 individuals. It appears the shooter was not mentally stable and police are still investigating how he obtained the weapons.

Otherwise the AWB would not have helped if the firearms were purchased illegally and since when does the AWB cure crazy?

Time to get off my

Edited because I pushed the wrong button  
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top