BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 205
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So anyways, I'm not arguing that Richt is this god that's going to make Miami great again.

The whole conversation began with my assertion that Richt is arguably a top 10 head coach.

Some of you seem to be implying that he can't be a top 10 head coach because he hasn't won a national title.

In fact there are only four active head coaches with a national title...so clearly there will be a few coaches in the top 10 who have yet to win one.

I have yet to see anyone else post their top 10. If it did happen, then I missed it.
View Quote

I don't think you can be considered a top 10 coach when you have only won your conference twice in 15 years. The last decade of which... nothing. Even when UF and The Vols, had historically bad seasons, and Spurrier had run out of gas with the Cocks; he still couldn't capitalize.

He is an amazing recruiter and he will win a lot of games, even more now in his new division. But he wont win the important games.

You don't have to win it all to be a top 10 coach. But you should at least be capable of taking your own conference, or even division with regularity.

Having said that - I see Mac in a very similar situation as to what got Richt booted from Georgia, except Mac cant recruit to hide it. If he drops another one to The Vols and loses again to the Seminoles; doesn't matter if those are the only two losses on the season, there will be substantial heat to get rid of him.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I told you guys you were on a 10 year train wreck and McSharkraper wasn't 'your guy'.

The good news....he's stopped a lot of the severe bleeding and I think you're only 2 years away (maybe 3) from righting the ship.

If the FU board of directors were smart they'd be shopping for some HC talent right now.

Maybe if Kiffen does some good things at FAU over the next couple years he'll increase his stock and could be offered a SEC HC job.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe if Kiffen does some good things at FAU over the next couple years he'll increase his stock and could be offered a SEC HC job.
View Quote
Please Lord let me live long enough to see the press conference after Kiffen beats Daddy Saban in an SEC matchup. It will be glorious.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Chip Kelly at A&M?

Switch our athletic sponsorship to Jordan and katy bar the door.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Chip Kelly at A&M?

View Quote
That's the latest rumor swirling around.
If it's true and he has expressed interest privately I would guess Sumlin needs to go a minimum of 9-3 to have any chance of keeping his job.
There's a real possibility that the Ags could be 3-3 after the Alabama game and then 3-4 after Florida. If that occurs I could see a change mid season.
The opener vs UCLA is a must win.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather have Sumlin than Kelly, I think.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Chip Kelly at A&M?

View Quote
I gotta say, the Jumpman gear is pretty sick.

Attachment Attached File

Grounds crew was messing with the field before resodding it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53154/IMG-1591-223660.JPG

View Quote
Wanted to take this opportunity to voice a sincere Thank You for UNCs assistance in helping pave the way for the Ags to host a Super Regional in the NCAA Baseball playoffs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wanted to take this opportunity to voice a sincere Thank You for UNCs assistance in helping pave the way for the Ags to host a Super Regional in the NCAA Baseball playoffs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/51/20/52a65778a4f805662c0837fa238e45b4.gif
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#14]
BREAKING**  Local news is reporting that Bob Stoops is going to retire today.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh wow. That seems like odd timing if true.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, odd.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The local news stations are now running the story.

Word is that Lincoln Riley is going to replace him.  It would explain why he got that nice raise.

ETA:  It's not terribly odd timing if they had been planning it.  They didn't want to upset the ship and put a direction in place for his successor.  He's always said he wanted to leave the game early so he could spend time with his kids.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"It ain't about the Xs and Os, it's all about the Jimmys and Joes."

If Richt keeps recruiting like he's been, he'll win a couple of championships by accident.
View Quote
No offense intended but you still aren't getting it.  And I understand, I was as optimistic as you for a long, long time.

The guy was a recruiting machine for YEARS at UGA.  He got close to a NC exactly once.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, that sucks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd rather have Sumlin than Kelly, I think.
View Quote
I disagree.

Even with the baggage that Kelly would bring, I would like to see the Sumlin era end. I think this season is a great season for a change because the odds of better than 6-6 are very slim. I would love to have a plucky comeback story, but I just can't see it right now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, that sucks.
View Quote
Not really...  

I always thought he was a class act though.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow. I didn't see that one coming.
View Quote
Me either.  It's not like Oklahoma lost a lot of talent from last year either...walking away from a team that could be in playoff contention...damn.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#25]
This will be the first time the texas and OU game has had two first year head coaches since 1947.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No offense intended but you still aren't getting it.  And I understand, I was as optimistic as you for a long, long time.

The guy was a recruiting machine for YEARS at UGA.  He got close to a NC exactly once.
View Quote
Trust me, I get it.

However, landing two or three kids out of Florida per year, which is what CMR did at UGA...is a whole lot different than landing 20 studs out of South Florida with a DJ Johnson and Deejay Dallas mixed in every year.

Richt has already proven that he can recruit South Florida.

Now he's got the hometown team to sell.

The future is bright at the U.

ETA: Forgot about Jeff Thomas

Get ready to hear those three names very often the next three to four years
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not really...  

I always thought he was a class act though.  
View Quote
 A friend of mine died of cancer many years back.  He was a big OU fan.  He was a real low point with a very bad prognosis.  Bob Stoops called him to see how he was doing.  That cheered him up significantly in his final days.

I love coach Stoops and wish him the best.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Go Dawgs

I am ready for some College Football.

Monk
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/8b/ca/6f8bca375f2e17548fb4cc265effd1ad.jpg

Go Dawgs

I am ready for some College Football.

Monk
View Quote
You know what's happening come october, right?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#32]
WTF?!

How would you even know to google that or find it?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Gator fucking dog
Gator fucking tiger
Gator fucking seminole
Gator fucking trailertrashyokel... Aka Vol

That furfag shit pops up pretty damn quick.

I saw the gator x dog and it cracked me the f up. I was required to post it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Gators ain't right.

Monk
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gator fucking dog
Gator fucking tiger
Gator fucking seminole

View Quote
What comes up when you search "Gator fucking shark"?

wait, nevermind....I think I know.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gator fucking dog
Gator fucking tiger
Gator fucking seminole

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Ridiculous

An 11-year-old quarterback was offered a scholarship by the University of Hawaii on Saturday. Titan Lacaden, a fifth grader from Kapolei, Hawaii, took to Twitter to share the news that he had received a verbal offer from Hawaii head coach Nick Rolovich.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19625713/hawaii-rainbow-warriors-offer-scholarship-fifth-grader
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I know we don't usually discuss FCS football, but as my little sister says, "Whatever".

My NDSU Bison are returning the best linebacker in FCS, with whom we beat the Iowa Hawkeyes, holding them to 34 rushing yards. Unfortunately, he was out injured for the remainder of the season with his shoulder. Early in the coming season, we will head to Eastern Washington, to face one of the best receiving corps in the subdivision. Then the yearly grind through the Missouri Valley Football Conference, facing our rivals in Northern Iowa and South Dakota State. I hope we can make it through the regular season with 2 losses or less. Then the playoffs will start, we will kick it up a notch and sail through the four game playoff gauntlet to our 6th championship in 7 years.

Go Bison!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Source: Most Expensive Games

College football is all about the atmospheres. It’s one of the few sports remaining where attending a game is better than watching at home.

We’re just a few weeks from kickoff for the 2017 season. Do you buy tickets now or hope they get cheaper closer to the game? As season tickets get sent out this summer, prices could drop.

As of now, here are the most expensive regular season games of 2017, using the cheapest ticket currently available on StubHub.

1. Georgia at Notre Dame (Sept. 9) - $499

Two historic programs meeting for the second time ever. The 1980 Georgia team beat Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl and won the national title. In a time where so many big non-conference matchups are in neutral sites, it’s awesome to see a unique home-and-home series.

2. Alabama vs. Florida State in Atlanta (Sept. 2) - $422

Speaking of neutral sites, Alabama’s annual non-conference heavyweight fight is perhaps its biggest one ever. These teams could both be in the top 3, and the winner is likely your No. 1 after Week 1. The biggest key: How will Alabama’s rebuilt front seven do against Florida State’s questionable offensive line?

3. Oklahoma at Ohio State (Sept. 9) - $347

A rematch of last year’s Buckeye win in Norman, Lincoln Riley heads to Columbus for his second game as a head coach. All three College Football Playoffs have featured one of these teams.

4. Ohio State at Michigan (Nov. 25) - $295

Perhaps this one won’t come down to a 4th down spot.

5. Penn State at Ohio State (Oct. 28) - $285

The Nittany Lions’ returned a blocked field goal for a touchdown and turned that momentum into a Big Ten championship last year. This game could determined the Big Ten East.

6. Michigan State at Ohio State (Nov. 11) - $237

The Buckeyes yet again. Even the MSU game is a high price, showing just how high the excitement is in Columbus.

7. Alabama at Auburn (Nov. 25) - $222

Does QB Jarrett Sitdham make Auburn a legit SEC West contender this year? This game could have the division on the line.

8. Oklahoma vs. Texas in Dallas (Oct.14) - $218

Both Lincoln Riley and Tom Herman know what it’s like to coach in this game, but this will be their first as head coaches. Which is under more pressure? This rivalry has already been ratcheted up a notch this offseason in recruiting and subtweets.

9. LSU at Alabama (Nov. 4) - $210

This game was 0-0 into the fourth quarter last year, but Alabama has won six straight in the series. Ed Orgeron says Alabama is the standard, and the Tigers haven’t measured up.

10. USC at Notre Dame (Oct. 21) - $210

A national champion pick by some, if the Trojans are undefeated heading into this one, get ready for College Gameday.

others

Michigan State at Michigan (Oct. 7) - $207

Auburn at Clemson (Sept. 9) - $200

Clemson at Virginia Tech (Sept. 30) - $178

Florida State at Clemson (Nov. 11) - $171

Clemson at South Carolina (Nov. 25) - $171

Miami at Florida State (Sept. 16) - $163

Tennessee at Alabama (Oct. 21) - $155

Ohio State at Nebraska (Oct. 14) - $150

Clemson at NC State (Nov. 4) - $150

Pitt at Penn State (Sept. 9) - $147
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#41]
State’s travel ban may trip up intercollegiate athletic teams

California’s newly expanded ban on state-funded travel to states that discriminate against LGBT people could trip up intercollegiate athletic teams in the coming years — not only by restricting where they may play, but how they tap new recruits.
As of Thursday, state employees — including those at the University of California and California State University — are banned from traveling on the public dime to eight states. The shunned states often appear on college teams’ travel schedules. They are: Alabama, Texas, Kansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and South Dakota.

more at link

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/State-s-travel-ban-may-trip-up-intercollegiate-11243958.php
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

California’s newly expanded ban on state-funded travel to states that discriminate against LGBT people could trip up intercollegiate athletic teams in the coming years — not only by restricting where they may play, but how they tap new recruits.
As of Thursday, state employees — including those at the University of California and California State University — are banned from traveling on the public dime to eight states. The shunned states often appear on college teams’ travel schedules. They are: Alabama, Texas, Kansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and South Dakota.

more at link

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/State-s-travel-ban-may-trip-up-intercollegiate-11243958.php
View Quote
They will cave in, which is a shame, I'd rather California stays in California.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

more at link

View Quote
And of course we open with Cal this year.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

more at link

We have UCLA....there though.
No games already scheduled will be affected if I read it correctly.
But unless those liberal dipshits pull their head out of their ass it's going to screw the Pac12 big time eventually.
I bet there's some liberal politician somewhere thinking "well the other teams can just come here to California to play."
I can't imagine the coaches anywhere in Cali would be excited about this and how it could impact recruiting. If I'm in Oregon, Washington, Arizona etc. I'd be crying wolf to recruits.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Big announcement coming tomorrow.  

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/zamir-white-2802

Wherever he winds up, he is one hell of a good person.  I'll be happy for him.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://res-4.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload/t_large/mj6qt99qb62vfqukjtzk

View Quote
Georgia

Edit to Add:  UGA Sports Media via Instagram
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://res-4.cloudinary.com/rivals/image/upload/t_large/mj6qt99qb62vfqukjtzk

Georgia
http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/web1_IMG_0623.jpg
Yep.

Not much of a surprise given what he's said previously.  

He's a kid that I'll cheer for regardless.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#49]
OMG, I want football season to start so there's something decent going on. So sick of "regular" news.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Bama better watch some film on Sweat and James.

They're gonna give that QB and RB's fits.
Page / 205
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top