Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 403
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Depends on where ATM ends up in the final ranking.  If it’s 25, you’re wrong.  

Remind us again of the last time UGA won a national championship game.  
View Quote
You are Alabama, surely you can do better than recycling FU's tired old crap.
I was expecting the 2 and 26 gif.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Two things:

But did they win?

It’s GA...the perennial 3-4th best team in the SEC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They took Georgia down to overtime 2 years ago.
Two things:

But did they win?

It’s GA...the perennial 3-4th best team in the SEC.
I was just correcting the "beat by 2 scores" thing. No dog in this fight, despite generally rooting for Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You are Alabama, surely you can do better than recycling FU's tired old crap.
I was expecting the 2 and 26 gif.

Monk
View Quote
Dang it, you beat me!

I was going to respond with “ok, when was the last time GA almost won a championship game?”

Tua Tagovailoa Game winner from all angles!! (Fans Reaction)
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Clemson may have needed those penalties, but who committed them?

The team that lost.

A team that doesn't execute at significant moments in a game (OSU) is not better than one that does (Clemson).
View Quote
Thank you . You just repeated what I said. Clemson made them pay for there mistakes. Simply saying  if it was a mistake free game on both sides OSU wins.  But that’s not reality. There’s always mistakes . Clemson needed them to win. OSU provided them. Good for Clemson. I’m not talking fumbles, interceptions.  I’m talking about something that’s bonehead mistakes.  Targeting and running into the kicker. Clemson had nothing to do with why it happened. Just a big thank you buckeyes. They made them pay dearly for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I believe it’s close to a 3 touchdown game.
View Quote
Could very well be.

I do think Burrow needs to be a little more careful on those hitch routes though. Saw two yesterday that could have easily been pick sixes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Riley having two straight Heisman winners and a runner up for the third year is very impressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fun games last night.  The results weren't surprising but it was fun to watch.  I feel bad for Oklahoma.

LSU is gonna bounce Clemson off the floor.  Lawrence and Clemson are very good but Burrow and LSU are unbelievable.  They're unreal.
No need to feel bad for Oklahoma. They made the playoffs which is huge for a programs exposure. Making the playoffs will land them a few recruits and sell some T-shirt’s.
It just turns out that the best the Big12 has to offer doesn’t quite stack up to other conferences best teams.
Riley having two straight Heisman winners and a runner up for the third year is very impressive.
He’s definitely the QB whisperer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I missed the entire LSU/OU game driving back from the panhandle.

Going to have to watch a replay today.
View Quote
Just watch any random snuff film. Same difference.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm genuinely surprised.

Going into those two games, I thought Clemson was the best team followed by OSU, LSU, and OU. Really thought OU would move the ball better on LSU and keep it close into the 4th.
I did think both Clemson and LSU would win, but not in the fashion that they did.

I questioned just how much improved LSU's defense really was, and before last night would have said Clemson would beat them by double digits in the championship game.

After last night, I'm strongly leaning LSU -5.
Is anyone giving the Clemson defense enough credit?
They shut down OSU. And say whatever you want but OSU still averaged around 48 points per game this year.
Bama and Auburn also played LSU close with 3 & 5 point margins.
Couple that with Clemson having a better offense than any of those 2 and it may be closer than you think.

And did Vegas miss it that bad? Yeah it’s just a betting line but if it was that far off the sharps and betting consortiums would break it off in their ass for having a bad line. The line hasn’t moved that much. A point at most. That’s not indicative of a bad line or a 3 TD disparity.

Having said that anything is possible and LSU has made a lot of teams look pretty bad this year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]
How are THE OHIO STATE fans doing today? Has the delusion run it’s natural course?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL brutal
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dang it, you beat me!
I was going to respond with “ok, when was the last time GA almost won a championship game?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVrY6C0aRY
View Quote
All in good fun.

Bama's struggles this year showed how just a few players (defense) can make a huge difference.
Georgia's offensive struggles were due in large part to losing a number of receivers early.  
Stuff happens.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok, I can’t keep up with all my mag bets. You owe me 1 from last night, but we still have an open bet on the national championship?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troutman84 - we still have one riding on the Rose bowl, so let's see how that plays out.
Ok, I can’t keep up with all my mag bets. You owe me 1 from last night, but we still have an open bet on the national championship?
I owe you one from last night and we have one open bet on the Rose Bowl. I have Wisconsin. I don't think they can claim a natty with a win from that game having lost to Illinois and OSU (twice!)

Godammit, fucking Buckeyes cant do anything right!
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They shut down OSU. And say whatever you want but OSU still averaged around 48 points per game this year.
Couple that with Clemson having a better offense than any of those 2 and it may be closer than you think.

And did Vegas miss it that bad? Yeah it’s just a betting line but if it was that far off the sharps and betting consortiums would break it off in their ass for having a bad line. The line hasn’t moved that much. A point at most. That’s not indicative of a bad line or a 3 TD disparity.

Having said that anything is possible and LSU has made a lot of teams look pretty bad this year.
View Quote
I think Clemson will be the best all around team that LSU will face for sure. I do give Auburn the edge on defense, and Bama the edge on offense though. Clemson's wideouts didn't impress me last night. I know they were banged up, but they didn't seem to get a lot of separation.

A lot of that has to do with OSU's DB's, of course. Not sure how well LSU's DBs compare.

Conversely, I think Clemson's DBs are in for a long night with those LSU wideouts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm genuinely surprised.

Going into those two games, I thought Clemson was the best team followed by OSU, LSU, and OU. Really thought OU would move the ball better on LSU and keep it close into the 4th.
I did think both Clemson and LSU would win, but not in the fashion that they did.

I questioned just how much improved LSU's defense really was, and before last night would have said Clemson would beat them by double digits in the championship game.

Bucknuts has 500+ total yards
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How are THE OHIO STATE fans doing today? Has the delusion run it's natural course?
View Quote
Doing just fine personally. Beat ttun, won the conference, played the defending champs close and should have won. Any year with a trip to the playoffs is a good year, only one team can win it all and there's no shame in losing a close game.

Gotta pull for Joey B. now but the SEC tards make it hard.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think Clemson will be the best all around team that LSU will face for sure. I do give Auburn the edge on defense, and Bama the edge on offense though. Clemson's wideouts didn't impress me last night. I know they were banged up, but they didn't seem to get a lot of separation.

A lot of that has to do with OSU's DB's, of course. Not sure how well LSU's DBs compare.

Conversely, I think Clemson's DBs are in for a long night with those LSU wideouts.
View Quote
Pretty good summary. I would add that the lousy field last night in AZ vs Superdome turf will weaponize our receivers a lot more than what we saw last night. I'm not sure how bad Higgins and Ross were dinged up but would hope they'd be 100% in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I owe you one from last night and we have one open bet on the Rose Bowl. I have Wisconsin. I don't think they can claim a natty with a win from that game having lost to Illinois and OSU (twice!)

Godammit, fucking Buckeyes cant do anything right!
View Quote
That’s right. I’m sure we’ll end up breaking even.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Once during a Baylor / Texas Tech game Gus Johnson said the Luby's cafeteria in Waco was the best restaurant he's ever been to.
View Quote
Gimme dat Fuego
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How are THE OHIO STATE fans doing today? Has the delusion run it’s natural course?
View Quote
They got a piece of Dabo
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#21]
All the clowns talking about OSU getting blown out were shown to be pretty clueless (which some of us expected). Will everyone talking up an LSU blowout be just as wrong? BTW, what was the Vegas spread on OSU/Clemson?

I have no interest in this game, just amused at the fan bias.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All the clowns talking about OSU getting blown out were shown to be pretty clueless (which some of us expected). Will everyone talking up an LSU blowout be just as wrong? BTW, what was the Vegas spread on OSU/Clemson?

View Quote
Clemson was between a 2 and 3 point favorite depending on when you made your bets.

LSU is a 5 and a half point favorite over Clemson.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Doing just fine personally. Beat ttun, won the conference, played the defending champs close and should have won. Any year with a trip to the playoffs is a good year, only one team can win it all and there's no shame in losing a close game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are THE OHIO STATE fans doing today? Has the delusion run it's natural course?

Pretty much how I feel, I'm very satisfied with the season despite the playoff loss in a very close game.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I missed the entire LSU/OU game driving back from the panhandle.

Going to have to watch a replay today.
That game was less gentle than a snuff film
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm genuinely surprised.

That’s a helluva lot more than I would have guessed. But only scoring 23 points is what matters in the end. That’s less than 1/2 their yearly average per game.

I don’t know if Clemson can even hold LSU to under 35. And to win I think they’re going to have to. They can’t win a shootout.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm kinda in agreement. I think if they played yesterday it might have been a two touchdown game.

LSU was by far the best looking team in the final 4 but Oklahoma will make a team look a lot better than OSU will.

Give Dabo two plus weeks to prepare and I think it might be   closer than a lot of people think.

That said, if I had a gun to my head I'd still have to take LSU and give the 5.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That’s a helluva lot more than I would have guessed. But only scoring 23 points is what matters in the end. That’s less than 1/2 their yearly average per game.

I don’t know if Clemson can even hold LSU to under 35. And to win I think they’re going to have to. They can’t win a shootout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm genuinely surprised.

yeah they took too many 3s and not enough 7s... but it's a risky way to make a living, defensively speaking
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don’t worry

Clemson will get corn dogged like everyone else this year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Don’t worry

Clemson will get corn dogged like everyone else this year.
View Quote
That’s what they all said last year too. Bama was unbeatable.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#30]
You need to change your avatar back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fun games last night.  The results weren't surprising but it was fun to watch.  I feel bad for Oklahoma.

LSU is gonna bounce Clemson off the floor.  Lawrence and Clemson are very good but Burrow and LSU are unbelievable.  They're unreal.
No need to feel bad for Oklahoma. They made the playoffs which is huge for a programs exposure. Making the playoffs will land them a few recruits and sell some T-shirt’s.
It just turns out that the best the Big12 has to offer doesn’t quite stack up to other conferences best teams.
Transfer QB whisperer
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That’s what they all said last year too. Bama was unbeatable.
View Quote
I’m busting his chops as he has poor mouthed LSU all year

It will be a great game to watch for sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ohio State really looked like the better team last night. They ended up killing themselves with penalties and some controversial calls, and the fact that they couldn't score TDs in the red zone. The fumble definitely looked like one to me, but I guess the pros in the replay booth know the rules better.
View Quote
That was a tough call overall.
When you watched it at full speed it appeared like a no catch. When it was slowed down it appeared he had control of it and took several steps.
Since it was ruled a fumble on the field I’m surprised it was overturned.
Somewhat reminiscent of the catch / fumble controversy in the A&M / LSU game last year with the A&M tight end Sternberger.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
...but not exactly the defensive whisperer.  Its almost a shame to have generational talent at QB three years in a row, only to give up 54, 45, and 63 points in bowl games.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
...but not exactly the defensive whisperer.  Its almost a shame to have generational talent at QB three years in a row, only to give up 54, 45, and 63 points in bowl games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Big12 just doesn’t play defense well. And this is what happens when you run up against teams that play offense and defense.
LSU is #8 in total defense in the SEC and ranked #29 overall. The only Big12 team above that is TCU at #26.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m kind of glad Clemson won. If it ended up being LSU / Ohio for championship...the media would do everything possible to turn it into something it’s not and I don’t want Burreaux distracted with nonsense. I’m sure they would make it out to either a “revenge on Ohio State” or a mixed emotions competing against his old team scenario.

Although the dude is laser focused and if he was any more calm than he is...he would probably fall asleep.

LSU is still DBU, but they don’t have the complete defensive package that they once had. At any rate, it will take a miracle for Clemson or anyone else to beat LSU.

Surfer dude QB and his overzealous holy roller coach are going to do everything they can and come up with a great game plan, but at the end of the day it won’t be enough to pass up LSU.

Tigers win by 17
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’m kind of glad Clemson won. If it ended up being LSU / Ohio for championship...the media would do everything possible to turn it into something it’s not and I don’t want Burreaux distracted with nonsense. I’m sure they would make it out to either a “revenge on Ohio State” or a mixed emotions competing against his old team scenario.

Although the dude is laser focused and if he was any more calm than he is...he would probably fall asleep.

LSU is still DBU, but they don’t have the complete defensive package that they once had. At any rate, it will take a miracle for Clemson or anyone else to beat LSU.

Surfer dude QB and his overzealous holy roller coach are going to do everything they can and come up with a great game plan, but at the end of the day it won’t be enough to pass up LSU.

Tigers win by 17
View Quote
LSU sure looked good yesterday, but I think a large part of that was that OU is bad.

OSU had a great team this year, and Clemson beat them.

LSU very well may blow Clemson out of the water, but the line is only 5 points, and I think Clemson has a good chance to win outright.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Clemson’s going to get curb stomped.   Ou  was a 12.5 point dog to lsu.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LSU sure looked good yesterday, but I think a large part of that was that OU is bad.

LSU very well may blow Clemson out of the water, but the line is only 5 points, and I think Clemson has a good chance to win outright.
View Quote
Clemson no doubt took advantage of OSU mistakes.  But my opinion was gifted the Win with OSU bonehead targeting and running into the kicker. I don’t think they would have pulled it off with out them. They capitalized on them . Great job . OSU lost that game all on there own.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL...did we watch the same game. OU has no part in LSU’s success. Everything was planned and executed perfectly. And as Joe said, he wasn’t as sharp as he could have been. Jefferson is an absolute monster and just makes catches.

And add a horrific loss for our offensive coordinator, which obviously had an impact on all the coaches and the few players that found out prior to the game. I personally knew Carley in high school and have friends that were close to her even today. RIP.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

All in good fun.

Bama's struggles this year showed how just a few players (defense) can make a huge difference.
Georgia's offensive struggles were due in large part to losing a number of receivers early.  
Stuff happens.

Monk
View Quote
Alabama vs lsu with Alabama's defense at full strength and Tua doesn't fumble the ball inside the red zone then I believe lsu would have left Bryant-Denny a one loss team up until that point.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Tigers win by 17
View Quote
which ones?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Alabama vs lsu with Alabama's defense at full strength and Tua doesn't fumble the ball inside the red zone then I believe lsu would have left Bryant-Denny a one loss team up until that point.
View Quote
More than 50% of bamas points came in the fourth quarter after LSU got content and sloppy blowing them out for 3/4 of the game.

Also bamas defense had been bad all year, that game was not an outlier. Healthy or not nothing points to bama doing much better at 100%
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Georgia fans:
Are these rumors true about how many key players y’all have sitting out against Baylor?
If true I might drop some $ on Baylor and the 5 points.

Starting LT
Starting RT
No. 1 WR
No. 3 WR
No. 5 WR
No. 1 RB (possibly)
No. 2 RB
6th OL (sometimes starter)
Starting DE
Starting FS
Starting DB/STAR

Not trying to sound ugly but yalls offense is going to struggle mightily if this is true.
Page / 403
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top