Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You have to strike while the iron is hot. FCS kids don’t get many chances to play on national TV.

That’s why that kid that was the #1 national recruit made a mistake going to Jackson State. He had an offer list from Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn etc etc. He could have played against elite competition on TV every Saturday. His NFL stock won’t be near what it could have been.
View Quote

Would you rather have $1.5mil guaranteed or a small chance at making $6mil in the NFL?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That was an awesome pick.

Two very exciting games yesterday.
View Quote

Northern Illinois vs Coastal Carolina THRILLING Ending | 2021 College Football

Game losing dumb call at 00:58
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Would you rather have $1.5mil guaranteed or a small chance at making $6mil in the NFL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to strike while the iron is hot. FCS kids don’t get many chances to play on national TV.

That’s why that kid that was the #1 national recruit made a mistake going to Jackson State. He had an offer list from Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn etc etc. He could have played against elite competition on TV every Saturday. His NFL stock won’t be near what it could have been.

NFL is full of FCS players
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What percentage of FCS players make the NFL?

What is the average length of am NFL career?

What are the average earnings for the average NFL career?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hit quote when ya meant to hit google
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My google only gives me wrong answers and overused gifs
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PBKAC
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope Disney and YouTubeTV get their crap worked out.

As of right now I have no ESPN to watch bowl games.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suggest duck duck go
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Wrong thread
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izfAeU4q6Vc
View Quote

There was a lot of dumb plays by NIU that cost them the game.
Despite the going for it with 6+ minutes left on 4th down and coughing up the ball. All the defense had to do was stop CCU.

They still had a chance to win, but wait there is more opportunity for offensive screw ups in the last minute:
1) with 00:27 left in the game the player going down for NIU and getting the 00:10 run off, instead of them setting a play and spiking the ball and then letting player go down.
2) Last play of the game, the WR not getting out of bounds and/or play call for an out pattern not a throw to the end zone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did he get 1.5 guaranteed?

Also are you factoring in what he could have made somewhere like Bama?

6 million is 2nd round draft money. I’m going to bet he blows thru that 1.5 million in the first year. I guess it’s a matter of looking at right now vs what the future could hold.

And here’s the #2 national player with the complete opposite attitude.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Corporate greed screwing the end user.
We need menu pricing and the ability to hand select each channel we want with no others factored in a package deal.
I probably have 400 channels and watch about 10-15 at most. And when college football season isn’t on that probably drops in half. Ridiculous.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sports surge

Has them all.

Free
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sports surge

Has them all.

Free
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sports surge

Has them all.

Free

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I think Bailey Zappe at WKU just set the NCAA single season TD record, with another quarter of football to go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're assuming he won't play 3 years at Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn  etc. after collecting his NIL money and spending one year in Jackson.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You're assuming he won't play 3 years at Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn  etc. after collecting his NIL money and spending one year in Jackson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Transfer portal is real
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sports surge

Has them all.

Free
View Quote
The past few years I've subscribed to YouTube or Hulu during the college season.  Watched every game on Sports Surge this year.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That could happen. Did he get a lump sum? I’d have to think these boosters are smarter than that especially coming off Ewers just bailing on Ohio State after that rumored mega NIL deal.
Who knows as the information available is incomplete and no one appears to know what’s legal and what’s not.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Transfer portal is real
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Transfer portal is real

It’s QB central this year. Afraid that’s going to be the new norm.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The past few years I've subscribed to YouTube or Hulu during the college season.  Watched every game on Sports Surge this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sports surge

Has them all.

Free

College basketball is harder to find streams.

Cfb is easy as crap
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That could happen. Did he get a lump sum? I’d have to think these boosters are smarter than that especially coming off Ewers just bailing on Ohio State after that rumored mega NIL deal.
Who knows as the information available is incomplete and no one appears to know what’s legal and what’s not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NIL deals should probably be public info, playing for public institutions for the most part
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Transfer portal is real

Already was
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
The Independence Bowl is a shithole. Shreveport is the armpit of Louisiana. And it’s raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Independence Bowl is a shithole. Shreveport is the armpit of Louisiana. And it’s raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock
View Quote

We affectionately call that the "Homo Bowl"

Not to be offensive to homos, or bowls in particular.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That bowl is absolutely terrible.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Despite the going for it with 6+ minutes left on 4th down and coughing up the ball. All the defense had to do was stop CCU.

They still had a chance to win, but wait there is more opportunity for offensive screw ups in the last minute:
1) with 00:27 left in the game the player going down for NIU and getting the 00:10 run off, instead of them setting a play and spiking the ball and then letting player go down.
2) Last play of the game, the WR not getting out of bounds and/or play call for an out pattern not a throw to the end zone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izfAeU4q6Vc

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surprised it hasn't fallen down yet
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#31]
21-14 UAB up at the half.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a helluva grab.
Off to the transfer portal for him.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif

He had already signed with FSU.  I’ve heard he wanted to be coached by Sanders since he’s considered one of the best DBs ever, but what set Sanders apart, imo, was speed more than anything else.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

last time i recall it being decent was the a&m vs. miss state game when jackie sherrill coached for the bulldogs. snow and everything. awesome. (Ags lost but at least it was to Jackie)

i also remember this being the poulan weed eater independence bowl, back when sponsor names were less common as part of the bowl

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#34]
B-Y-Who?

Some cupcake.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Very happy for UAB.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats HeyCoach!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#37]

very cool. congrats on the big win

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#38]

This is the way
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Congratulations!

Monk
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Guys, the weather was absolutely shit. It was raining sideways all during the first half and halftime. Then the cold front came through and the temperature dropped from 65 to 50 in the 3rd quarter.

It was worth it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Congrats UAB.

Makes you wonder what many teams in the SEC West would actually be ranked if they played in the Big 12/Pack 12.

Just seems to me there are some really good teams that have gotten shafted by the rankings this year when I know they could beat some of these top 15 teams.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Two excellent games today and big shout out to UAB and Utah State!  The Utah State coach's backstory is truly inspiring.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#44]
OH! Montana State beat the Bunnies of SDSU. As a reward they get to go to Frisco and face the Bison.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I know this is the football thread, but I just watched (on TV) my Badgers win the NCAA championship in volleyball. Awesome match! It was glorious! First ever VB championship for the Badgers, after coming close the last few years. We're number 1! We're number 1!

The semifinal and the final were both amazing, hard-fought, super close matches. Great win!

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Congrats UAB.

Makes you wonder what many teams in the SEC West would actually be ranked if they played in the Big 12/Pack 12.

Just seems to me there are some really good teams that have gotten shafted by the rankings this year when I know they could beat some of these top 15 teams.
View Quote

We’ll never know because there will never be parity amongst the conferences. Maybe if 50% of each teams schedule was played out of conference we’d have a better barometer because conferences then wouldn’t cannibalize each other.

And bowl games don’t tell the truth. Too many optouts for a true representation of that team. Just 1 NFL quality player sitting out can change the outcome. What happens when that’s 3 or 4?
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I know this is the football thread, but I just watched (on TV) my Badgers win the NCAA championship in volleyball. Awesome match! It was glorious! First ever VB championship for the Badgers, after coming close the last few years. We're number 1! We're number 1!

The semifinal and the final were both amazing, hard-fought, super close matches. Great win!

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/TeOOWQOL_n9ex4etemkYc3W2_ss=/0x0:2684x1790/920x613/filters:focal(1128x681:1556x1109):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/70292799/1237321449.0.jpg
View Quote

No apologies needed when posting about women’s college volleyball.   In the future, more pics would be helpful, however.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Two excellent games today and big shout out to UAB and Utah State!  The Utah State coach's backstory is truly inspiring.
View Quote

Those were good games.   The whole cigar lounge was cheering hard for UAB.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/TeOOWQOL_n9ex4etemkYc3W2_ss=/0x0:2684x1790/920x613/filters:focal(1128x681:1556x1109):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/70292799/1237321449.0.jpg
View Quote

1, 3, 2
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As they fucking should have.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top