Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

only if saban agrees to retire and let urban take over. even that would be had to see.

but urban could go back to the broadcast booth until saban retires then go to bama.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Urban Meyer fired......who in college football is going to pick him up?

Will he be entering the Saban rehab program in preparation for moving on to Texas next year??

only if saban agrees to retire and let urban take over. even that would be had to see.

but urban could go back to the broadcast booth until saban retires then go to bama.

I'd pay to see Urban take over for Saban.... lordy Lane Kiffin would be a better choice IMO
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Will he be entering the Saban rehab program in preparation for moving on to Texas next year??
View Quote

Not even Saban can unfuck that fucker.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It is.  But we MUST deliver with that talent or else transfer portal problems could loom.  Getting the talent through the door is good, developing them and integrating it into a winning formula is required, or else great players will leave to greener pastures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a ridiculously good class.

It is.  But we MUST deliver with that talent or else transfer portal problems could loom.  Getting the talent through the door is good, developing them and integrating it into a winning formula is required, or else great players will leave to greener pastures.

Talent is an absolute necessity for winning championships.  Coaching, attention to detail and luck complete the puzzle.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thank you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd pay to see Urban take over for Saban.... lordy Lane Kiffin would be a better choice IMO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a heartbeat.  Kiffin is still learning, but he’s coming along pretty good at this point.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In a heartbeat.  Kiffin is still learning, but he’s coming along pretty good at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish TTU had hired Kiffin instead of Wells but he's way too mouthy for the TTU Admin ... way too much like Mike Leach which is one reason I think he'd have done well
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZPef9Tk6wA

You'll note Texas Tech folks and anyone who played against Mahomes knew he'd be a stud NFL QB
View Quote

The 2016 Mayfield/Mahomes showdown was an epic offensive explosion

Winner of that game was going to win the Heisman that year

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25136382/baker-mayfield-patrick-mahomes-record-shattering-2016-showdown

@Freakinout
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25136382/baker-mayfield-patrick-mahomes-record-shattering-2016-showdown

@Freakinout
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZPef9Tk6wA

You'll note Texas Tech folks and anyone who played against Mahomes knew he'd be a stud NFL QB

@Freakinout

That game was wild... OU offense was unstoppable and Mahomes played as hard as anybody could have.  

The FU Baker chants are also interesting, nobody can cuss in sync like TTU fans
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Jacksonville didn't even let him fake a heart attack first.  Savage.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or a brain tumor
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That game was wild... OU offense was unstoppable and Mahomes played as hard as anybody could have.  

View Quote

Or frisbee tortillas on the field
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn right.  

They've been trying to stop the cursing and tortillas since the early 70s at least.  

Made progress in tortillas not causing delays, students practice their chants before games now.  Fu baker was a bad choice we all know that sorta thing fueled his best performances
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No thank you.
View Quote

No kidding, Urban taking over Alabama would be just about the only thing that would make me stop being a fan.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Adrian Martinez to Kansas State
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't think he's gonna have any more success in Big 12, guess he doesn't wanna move his shit far
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, dont think that will happen................I think Meyer is done for awhile. The school wouldnt allow him to be head coach........too many issues. Kiffin would be a better choice on a bad day
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't think he's gonna have any more success in Big 12, guess he doesn't wanna move his shit far
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rumor is his girlfriend is down there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kansas girls
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Kansas girls
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah his chickie snack is there. She isn't bad looking at all
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#22]
MSU had a solid early signing class.

Currently ranked better than Ole Miss, so I'll take it. I guess when your head coach is listed as leading candidate to several head coaching gigs it has a negative effect on recruiting.

We had another coach that liked to search for jobs late in the year and that had to affect recruiting (Mullen).

Leach is getting some of the best players he's ever had and I can't wait to see this play out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still very surprised Jacksonville canned Meyer...but I doubt there will be any shortage of job offers in the future (except maybe from the NFL).
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
MSU had a solid early signing class.

Currently ranked better than Ole Miss, so I'll take it. I guess when your head coach is listed as leading candidate to several head coaching gigs it has a negative effect on recruiting.

We had another coach that liked to search for jobs late in the year and that had to affect recruiting (Mullen).

Leach is getting some of the best players he's ever had and I can't wait to see this play out.
View Quote

Leach and Kiffin both have developed their coaching mythology, game planning, and offenses around creatively using less on field talent.  Leach doesn't *need* a top 5 class to be deadly on any given Saturday in the conference.  But without that talent I don't think it's nearly as easy to win the SEC.

But Leach's capability to do more with less is risky.  You have to take more risks when you are the underdog.  It'd be interesting to see him coach an Alabama level of talent.  The dude will either keep his high risk style and lose an easy game and be a laughing stock; or he will reset NCAA records on route to his first championship.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be attending JMU @ NDSU tomorrow night.

Let's go, Bison. Send the purple puppies home with a loss as their final game in FCS.

GO BISON!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Side thought after looking at Clemson replacing their OC/DC coordinators:

When Nick Saban has to replace a OC/DC he KNOWS that he is interviewing a person for a 2y gig.  They will be GONE in 2y guaranteed.  Cause one of two things will happen:

--Saban picked the right person.  That person kicks ass.  Bama wins a championship and the OC/DC get a HC offer.

--Saban picked the wrong person.  They are still Bama, so they maybe just don't win a championship.  Saban gives one more shot the following year, if the coordinator doesn't step it up them Saban will remove them.  

So no matter what happens, at the very beginning Saban knows that it's a 2y decision, so he's making his choices as such.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Side thought after looking at Clemson replacing their OC/DC coordinators:

When Nick Saban has to replace a OC/DC he KNOWS that he is interviewing a person for a 2y gig.  They will be GONE in 2y guaranteed.  Cause one of two things will happen:

--Saban picked the right person.  That person kicks ass.  Bama wins a championship and the OC/DC get a HC offer.

--Saban picked the wrong person.  They are still Bama, so they maybe just don't win a championship.  Saban gives one more shot the following year, if the coordinator doesn't step it up them Saban will remove them.  

So no matter what happens, at the very beginning Saban knows that it's a 2y decision, so he's making his choices as such.
View Quote

That’s why Saban keeps the same terminology and overall schemes.  He said in an interview that sometimes an assistant or coordinator wants to change terminology to what they’ve been used to and he always takes a giant, steaming shit on their idea.  The players and other assistants are all used to a system and he refuses to make everyone learn one new staff members way of communicating.  Players are generally going to spend three to four years in the system so it’s a good idea to keep everything as simple and consistent as possible.  Two of the requirements to win championships-attention to detail and consistency.
Dabo built Clemson into a very good program.  He’s definitely got the background to do it again, but it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes after having to restructure and reload.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not even Saban can unfuck that fucker.

Monk
View Quote

Wait, I thought the “fucker” was a different gaytors coach?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#30]
good and extensive article about Bailey Zappe (HBU and WKU QB) and Zach Kittley.  Most probably haven't seen Zappe play but he's pretty damn good and apparently 4 TDs away from the a NCAA single season TD record

ETA

link

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32883150/bailey-zappe-journey-historic-season-western-kentucky
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well according to his daughter Gigi, The Meyers are Krackens.

The enemy (aka the world) REALLY doesn’t wanna see good people win. & you can argue whether my dad is a “good person” or not based on what you see in the media. (super reliable source of info as we know). Anyone who truly knows us knows how incredible he is as a person. The enemy wants us to crumble & crawl into a hole. But I think you just release the Kraken in me.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Texas' Casey Thompson is in the transfer portal, guess Ewers got 4mil and the starting spot
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck the DUKES!

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Dumb call & play by NIU.

CC Scores on the next play.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Dabo enters the chat*
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

*Dabo enters the chat*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Dabo enters the chat*

Dabo aint coming either.............
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Texas' Casey Thompson is in the transfer portal, guess Ewers got 4mil and the starting spot
View Quote

Not surprising
Same reason I’d bet Calzada bailed on A&M when he heard Johnson was transferring in from LSU. The days of keeping 2 good to decent QBs on your roster are becoming more difficult. Going to be interesting watching who leaves next at A&M when Weigman, King and Johnson are competing for the starting job. Only thing that may keep them all there is if Johnson ends up #3 since he has coaching aspirations and may be ok in that role. Hopefully the plan is to redshirt Weigman next year now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#40]
@TacticalGarand44 - so, y’all got a fiddle in the band?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a fuckin game. We were up 6, 3 minutes to go, JMU driving to the end zone. Our number 6, Destin Mutha Fuckin Talbert as he is now legally entitled to be named, climbs the ladder and makes one of the most insane one handed picks I’ve seen at any level of football.

And our fullback? Holy shit. He puts up 110 on the ground, plus 90 through the air, and both of our Tudders.

What a fuckin GAME!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:42:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Destin Talbert INSANE Interception vs James Madison | 2021 College Football | 2021 FCS Semifinal
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#44]

That was a helluva grab.
Off to the transfer portal for him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What a fuckin game. We were up 6, 3 minutes to go, JMU driving to the end zone. Our number 6, Destin Mutha Fuckin Talbert as he is now legally entitled to be named, climbs the ladder and makes one of the most insane one handed picks I’ve seen at any level of football.

And our fullback? Holy shit. He puts up 110 on the ground, plus 90 through the air, and both of our Tudders.

What a fuckin GAME!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a fuckin GAME!

I turned it on as soon as we got to the hotel. I was able to watch the last 5 minutes, right as JMU was marching down the field on that next to last possession.

I told Mrs. Coach I had a friend at that game if he wasn’t dead from stress yet.

We’re about to hit the road to the Independence Bowl, it’s gonna be a wet one today.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I turned it on as soon as we got to the hotel. I was able to watch the last 5 minutes, right as JMU was marching down the field on that next to last possession.

I told Mrs. Coach I had a friend at that game if he wasn’t dead from stress yet.

We’re about to hit the road to the Independence Bowl, it’s gonna be a wet one today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a fuckin GAME!

Go Blazers!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That was a helluva grab.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#49]

That was an awesome pick.

Two very exciting games yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a helluva grab.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif

You have to strike while the iron is hot. FCS kids don’t get many chances to play on national TV.

That’s why that kid that was the #1 national recruit made a mistake going to Jackson State. He had an offer list from Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn etc etc. He could have played against elite competition on TV every Saturday. His NFL stock won’t be near what it could have been.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top