Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OC & OL Coach
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no......... the only cases are the OC and one other, who have mild cases and will probably be back to coach the game

OC & OL Coach

both will be back to coach according to Saban

Now if more teams come down with it, and it affects the whole of the playoff, Nuke China......those SOBs have screwed up too much stuff in the world
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

ACC > SEC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if Michigan/Cincy natty game is by default?!?!

We nuke China.

Monk

Fuck that bullshit
Fuck all this bullshit
Fuck China, Fuck Biden and Fuck Fauci

ACC > SEC

Yep.
Ags we’re obviously scared.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep.
View Quote

To be fair, I don't think we could have won that game with no receivers, half an O-line, no running backs, no corner backs, and half our linebacker's out.  

So I guess we are scared?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To be fair, I don't think we could have won that game with no receivers, half an O-line, no running backs, no corner backs, and half our linebacker's out.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

How many guys have opted out and declared for the draft? 5 or 6? Then Calzada leaving and possibly a walk on starting?

Yeah Ags probably weren’t winning but the extra practice and seeing some young talent get lots of playing time would have been nice.

Can’t believe this crap is happening. Guess everyone got lucky with it not screwing up the regular season.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How many guys have opted out and declared for the draft? 5 or 6? Then Calzada leaving and possibly a walk on starting?

Yeah Ags probably weren’t winning but the extra practice and seeing some young talent get lots of playing time would have been nice.

Can’t believe this crap is happening. Guess everyone got lucky with it not screwing up the regular season.

View Quote

I think 5 or 6 several declared for the draft.  Calzada is a non-factor.  Dude's body was beat to shit and he had to have surgery on his shoulder so he wouldn't have been playing in any bowl game no matter what.  The COVID testing protocol and league guidelines made it impossible to field a team.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would Texas stoop so low?
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dunno if Texas has the grades to make the list.  

Its better to be an academic 5-7 than basketweaving 5-7
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just heard Texas AM pulling out of Gator bowl due to covid.
View Quote

Pussies.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pussies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pussies.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pussies.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

when people say there are "too many bowls", they dont mean so many that schools arent interested in the payday, theyre pointing out the dilution in making a bowl game. that itself used to be a real reward for good teams who did well.

now there are so many bowls you have to be really bad to not get invited (looking at you austin)

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

when people say there are "too many bowls", they dont mean so many that schools arent interested in the payday, theyre pointing out the dilution in making a bowl game. that itself used to be a real reward for good teams who did well.

now there are so many bowls you have to be really bad to not get invited (looking at you austin)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean that ship sailed in like 99/00.  

If we're gonna go back in time lets do no scholarship limits and AP poll picks champ, but now with NIL that'll be a hoot
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a couple extra weeks of practice?

Fuck I hope so!
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I couldn’t make it through the first series with that lady being the commentator. She’s not confident in what she’s doing, her speech pattern was choppy, and she wasn’t coherent at times.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe Missouri managed to lose that game.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

To Army.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
UGA players testing positive for Covid-1980?

I despise uga, but in all seriousness that really does suck for those kids if it ends up affecting this game.
View Quote

Yes it does.  A&M and possibly their opponent really got a bad deal because of losing their extra practices unless the NCAA lets them have makeups.   Bowl game practices help the team out for next season.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bigger news:  Rumor is Alabama's entire Offensive Line tested positive.
View Quote

Two assistant coaches tested positive, but not hearing any players at this point.   One is the OL coach so it is possible.  Not having the assistants at practice isn’t helpful, though.  Hopefully the OC can watch remotely.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To Army.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To Army.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Could an opt-out by and NFL quality running back have made a difference?

Tyler Badie will also be sitting out for Mizzou's bowl game against Army. The Tigers will be without its record-setting running back after coach Eliah Drinkwitz said he did not want to risk the star's future on the game, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune. He rushed for 1,604 yards on 268 carries, with 14 going for scores.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/college-football-players-skipping-bowl-games-list/1ibqbezd8j7xh1409qhmkkyllb
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Tyler Badie will also be sitting out for Mizzou's bowl game against Army. The Tigers will be without its record-setting running back after coach Eliah Drinkwitz said he did not want to risk the star's future on the game, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune. He rushed for 1,604 yards on 268 carries, with 14 going for scores.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/college-football-players-skipping-bowl-games-list/1ibqbezd8j7xh1409qhmkkyllb
View Quote

Maybe for a scrub team from the Big 10 or Pac 12.

The SEC should be next man up, just as good as as the starter, reload not rebuild, dat SEC speed
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

MO actually did better than i expected. Army's running game is awesome and they beat that poor MO D to death. MO still had the chance to pull it off and they played well their last drive (except the 2 point conversion pass  away from a wide open receiver).

but Army deserves credit for that win more than MO gets blamed for losing IMHO. a run based offense that had thrown only 5 (?) passes all game gets the ball back with about a minute to play and using a 3rd string QB starts throwing the ball and gets in place for a 41 yard field goal from a kicker whose long of the year was I think they said 31 yards and he missed a shorter kick early in the game. and somehow that dude made the kick to win.

yep, there are too many bowl games.

did any one else notice how poor the refs and clock guy did on the last 2 drives? several times for both teams failing to stop the clock on a called first down.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The SEC should be next man up, just as good as as the starter, reload not rebuild, dat SEC speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol we go thru this EVERY year. You cannot lose a single NFL quality player and be the same team that earned that bowl spot.
Mizz was 6-6 this year.

Can you absolutely tell me that if Badie wasn’t on that team they wouldn’t have went 5-7 or possibly even worse and not even been bowl eligible?

1 carry, 1 block, 1 sack……1 single play can change a game. And these are the players capable of making game changing plays sitting out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#26]
The SEC hate in this thread is real.

SEC has won 13 of the last  23 NCs, and 15 of the last 29.

Take aTm and Mizzou out of the conference, and 1/2 of the teams in the conference (6/12) have played in the title game in the last 25 years.  If uga somehow wins it this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a National Championship in the modern era.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Take aTm and Mizzou out of the conference, and 1/2 of the teams in the conference (6/12) have played in the title game in the last 25 years.  If uga somehow wins it this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a National Championship.
View Quote

It’s jealousy disguised as hate
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take aTm and Mizzou out of the conference, and 1/2 of the teams in the conference (6/12) have played in the title game in the last 25 years.  If uga somehow wins it this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a National Championship.

Exactly
The Horns and Sooners realized it. If you can’t beat them…….
Now most everyone else just needs to get off their collective asses and do something about it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly
Now most everyone else just needs to get off their collective asses and do something about it.
View Quote

They moved for money.

ATM moved for the competitive advantage, recruiting, and nattys like a real program would want to do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I am oddly excited about this UCF v Florida game tonight.  I think its going to be a packed house and I am HOPING its a good game.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am oddly excited about this UCF v Florida game tonight.  I think its going to be a packed house and I am HOPING its a good game.
View Quote

I am more excited for the gator meltdowns after the game
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol we go thru this EVERY year. You cannot lose a single NFL quality player and be the same team that earned that bowl spot.
Mizz was 6-6 this year.

Can you absolutely tell me that if Badie wasn’t on that team they wouldn’t have went 5-7 or possibly even worse and not even been bowl eligible?

1 carry, 1 block, 1 sack……1 single play can change a game. And these are the players capable of making game changing plays sitting out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

Why are you defending mizzou then?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its mockery disguised as jealousy disguised as hate
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exactly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Like Army?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They moved for money.

ATM moved for the competitive advantage, recruiting, and nattys like a real program would want to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

They moved for money.

But why is the money there?

Because of the quality of the football. Look at who dominates recruiting and sends the most players to the NFL. It all goes hand in hand. The SEC is the minor leagues for the NFL. Texas and Oklahoma have always recruited well but being in the SEC will also help get them a few players who only want to play in the SEC.

Oklahoma and Texas didn’t move there for money alone. The powers to be at Texas wouldn’t join the SEC just to be a whipping boy for a few dollars. They joined because they wanted to be a part of the best conference in college football and because they also believe they can compete. The money is just a byproduct.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good move, because one does not mock a superior without looking foolish.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

I’m not defending Mizz. I’m talking about the fact that optouts affect the outcome of bowl games. I don’t care who the team is.
But every year people post lololololol at so and so about losing to someone in a bowl game. These games need to be taken with a grain of salt and yet people think they really mean something. There are also a lot of other extra curricular activities that occur during these bowl game festivities that affect player performance. Like wayyyyy too much partying all week because many don’t take the game seriously.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Like Army?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Like Army?

No, like the rest of the little bitch ass conferences that don’t make the big bucks and never win playoff games and have their marquee programs leave for the SEC.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Two assistant coaches tested positive, but not hearing any players at this point.   One is the OL coach so it is possible.  Not having the assistants at practice isn’t helpful, though.  Hopefully the OC can watch remotely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigger news:  Rumor is Alabama's entire Offensive Line tested positive.

No players but both coaches will be back for the game........ they have had a plan in place for this kind of thing since last year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They moved for money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

They moved for money.

Whut
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roll Tide!
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’m not defending Mizz. I’m talking about the fact that optouts affect the outcome of bowl games. I don’t care who the team is.
But every year people post lololololol at so and so about losing to someone in a bowl game. These games need to be taken with a grain of salt and yet people think they really mean something. There are also a lot of other extra curricular activities that occur during these bowl game festivities that affect player performance. Like wayyyyy too much partying all week because many don’t take the game seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

If the game results don't matter why do we play any games at all?  

I"m guessing Mizzou's 6-6 talent can only do what a 6-6 team can do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, like the rest of the little bitch ass conferences that don’t make the big bucks and never win playoff games and have their marquee programs leave for the SEC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Like Army?

You seem pretty upset this morning, maybe ya need a beta blocker
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Roll Tide!
View Quote

lol...yeah mocking the fans for conference homerism is acceptable, I guess, but that isnt exclusive to the sec.

Buds with both Texas and OU grads, and they're all about the Bigxii during bowl season.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that happens, the championship needs to have a big ol star next to it, like cccf’s.  It will be just as legit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If that happens, the championship needs to have a big ol star next to it, like cccf’s.  It will be just as legit.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

Bowl games (besides the playoffs) are a reward to the players. You keep arguing like the opt outs don’t make a difference. If that’s the case why do the injuries that everyone bitches about make a difference? It’s the same result. You’re missing a key player and it can affect the outcome of the game. The only difference is one is voluntary and one not. If you can’t understand that I don’t know what to tell you. But I also know you do understand that and you are just wanting to troll this subject.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Like Army?

Maybe I just find it incredulous that we have this same conversation every year and people refuse to understand that these “bowl” teams are not quite the same team much of the time that played the regular season games.

My first reply that started this entire conversation was a serious question asking if anyone thought that the player who opted out might possibly have made a difference.

Doesn’t mean Army still wouldn’t have won.

Instead the comments are lolololol at the SEC. Army owns their little bitch ass. And those same comments and thought processes will prevail throughout the entire bowl season.

And this isn’t just about the SEC. This is about opt outs affecting all of these games and to base how good any team is / was when they are playing without their top tier talent is inaccurate.

There are only 4 teams at this point that are guaranteed to show up physically and mentally ready to play. That’s not saying other teams won’t. I’d guess Army did. Highly doubtful they had any optouts, they were playing in the Armed Forces Bowl and I’d have to imagine they are pretty damn disciplined to begin with and don’t have players drinking and smoking weed all week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?
Because those games need to be played and the champion determined on the field and not in some fucking lab because a QB had a runny nose.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top