User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lol really?
Because those games need to be played and the champion determined on the field and not in some fucking lab because a QB had a runny nose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that happens, the championship needs to have a big ol star next to it, like cccf’s.  It will be just as legit.

Why?

lol really?
Because those games need to be played and the champion determined on the field and not in some fucking lab because a QB had a runny nose.

Just as legitimate as the old AP national championships
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that happens, the championship needs to have a big ol star next to it, like cccf’s.  It will be just as legit.

Why?

lol really?

So you’d be ok with eliminating the playoffs and going back to that?
Because either you would be or you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Or LOL have you determined this may be Michigans best chance to win a natty? OMG if Bama, Georgia and Cincy all get Covid……
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Or LOL have you determined this may be Michigans best chance to win a natty? OMG if Bama, Georgia and Cincy all get Covid……
View Quote

I am saying there shouldn’t be an asterisk next to this championship, or you have to put an asterisk next to all championships before the BCS.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The SEC hate in this thread is real.

SEC has won 13 of the last  23 NCs, and 15 of the last 29.

Take aTm and Mizzou out of the conference, and 1/2 of the teams in the conference (6/12) have played in the title game in the last 25 years.  If uga somehow wins it this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a National Championship in the modern era.
View Quote
No one hates the SEC, well maybe some do, most are just making fun of the teams in the SEC that aren't BAMA.  

The whole riding the coattails thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am saying there shouldn’t be an asterisk next to this championship, or you have to put an asterisk next to all championships before the BCS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that’s the way they determined a champion back then that’s just the way it was done. It doesn’t mean it was right or wrong. It’s the way it was.

Now it’s changed. 4 teams play the games and decide it on the field. So for whatever reason if I that doesn’t occur there needs to be a footnote (asterisk) explaining why.

How about we just hope that this isn’t an issue?

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe I just find it incredulous that we have this same conversation every year and people refuse to understand that these “bowl” teams are not quite the same team much of the time that played the regular season games.

My first reply that started this entire conversation was a serious question asking if anyone thought that the player who opted out might possibly have made a difference.

Doesn’t mean Army still wouldn’t have won.

Instead the comments are lolololol at the SEC. Army owns their little bitch ass. And those same comments and thought processes will prevail throughout the entire bowl season.

And this isn’t just about the SEC. This is about opt outs affecting all of these games and to base how good any team is / was when they are playing without their top tier talent is inaccurate.

There are only 4 teams at this point that are guaranteed to show up physically and mentally ready to play. That’s not saying other teams won’t. I’d guess Army did. Highly doubtful they had any optouts, they were playing in the Armed Forces Bowl and I’d have to imagine they are pretty damn disciplined to begin with and don’t have players drinking and smoking weed all week.
View Quote
Yet I'll bet we could go back and find SEC fans bragging about their 8-2 bowl record in the thread two years ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No one hates the SEC, well maybe some do, most are just making fun of the teams in the SEC that aren't BAMA.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take aTm and Mizzou out of the conference, and 1/2 of the teams in the conference (6/12) have played in the title game in the last 25 years.  If uga somehow wins it this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a National Championship in the modern era.

I don't think you see conference homerism anywhere else, at least not with the passion, that you see in the SEC.  Yeah, sure you've got a top team that is an NC contender almost every year but you still have the Vanderbilt, uSC, LSU, FL etc.

Plus the mocking is fun just to watch the homers get spun up and start the same old excuses each year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yet I'll bet we could go back and find SEC fans bragging about their 8-2 bowl record in the thread two years ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I just find it incredulous that we have this same conversation every year and people refuse to understand that these “bowl” teams are not quite the same team much of the time that played the regular season games.

My first reply that started this entire conversation was a serious question asking if anyone thought that the player who opted out might possibly have made a difference.

Instead the comments are lolololol at the SEC. Army owns their little bitch ass. And those same comments and thought processes will prevail throughout the entire bowl season.

And this isn’t just about the SEC. This is about opt outs affecting all of these games and to base how good any team is / was when they are playing without their top tier talent is inaccurate.

There are only 4 teams at this point that are guaranteed to show up physically and mentally ready to play. That’s not saying other teams won’t. I’d guess Army did. Highly doubtful they had any optouts, they were playing in the Armed Forces Bowl and I’d have to imagine they are pretty damn disciplined to begin with and don’t have players drinking and smoking weed all week.

I’m sure you could.
No different than the talking heads on TV talking about how optouts are affecting the games and then a few weeks later showing charts and discussing every conferences bowl record.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't think you see conference homerism anywhere else, at least not with the passion, that you see in the SEC.  Yeah, sure you've got a top team that is an NC contender almost every year but you still have the Vanderbilt, uSC, LSU, FL etc.

Plus the mocking is fun just to watch the homers get spun up and start the same old excuses each year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LSU and Florida have both won multiple national championships in the last 15 years.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank You, kind sir, for not including my Tigers (by name) in that listing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

SEC Bias in CFB Playoff Selection? - Rapid Reaction (Late Kick Cut)
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Auburn fans don't really seem to buy into the whole "muh SEC" thing.  

I'm guessing it is due to the rivalry with BAMA.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did that just for me, didn't you?

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a room you two
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If that’s the way they determined a champion back then that’s just the way it was done. It doesn’t mean it was right or wrong. It’s the way it was.

Now it’s changed. 4 teams play the games and decide it on the field. So for whatever reason if I that doesn’t occur there needs to be a footnote (asterisk) explaining why.

View Quote

If the buttsniffers get the Rona and can't play?

Ohno-anyway.gif

It's been 40+ years, they can wait another year. Or 40 more.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol...yeah mocking the fans for conference homerism is acceptable, I guess, but that isnt exclusive to the sec.

Buds with both Texas and OU grads, and they're all about the Bigxii during bowl season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roll Tide!

lol...yeah mocking the fans for conference homerism is acceptable, I guess, but that isnt exclusive to the sec.

Buds with both Texas and OU grads, and they're all about the Bigxii during bowl season.

While folks don't always understand, I'm mostly giving good natured shit.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Bowl games (besides the playoffs) are a reward to the players. You keep arguing like the opt outs don’t make a difference. If that’s the case why do the injuries that everyone bitches about make a difference? It’s the same result. You’re missing a key player and it can affect the outcome of the game. The only difference is one is voluntary and one not. If you can’t understand that I don’t know what to tell you. But I also know you do understand that and you are just wanting to troll this subject.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could an opt-out by and NFL quality running back have made a difference?

Tyler Badie will also be sitting out for Mizzou's bowl game against Army. The Tigers will be without its record-setting running back after coach Eliah Drinkwitz said he did not want to risk the star's future on the game, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune. He rushed for 1,604 yards on 268 carries, with 14 going for scores.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/college-football-players-skipping-bowl-games-list/1ibqbezd8j7xh1409qhmkkyllb

Maybe for a scrub team from the Big 10 or Pac 12.

The SEC should be next man up, just as good as as the starter, reload not rebuild, dat SEC speed

lol we go thru this EVERY year. You cannot lose a single NFL quality player and be the same team that earned that bowl spot.
Mizz was 6-6 this year.

Can you absolutely tell me that if Badie wasn’t on that team they wouldn’t have went 5-7 or possibly even worse and not even been bowl eligible?

1 carry, 1 block, 1 sack……1 single play can change a game. And these are the players capable of making game changing plays sitting out.

Why are you defending mizzou then?

I’m not defending Mizz. I’m talking about the fact that optouts affect the outcome of bowl games. I don’t care who the team is.
But every year people post lololololol at so and so about losing to someone in a bowl game. These games need to be taken with a grain of salt and yet people think they really mean something. There are also a lot of other extra curricular activities that occur during these bowl game festivities that affect player performance. Like wayyyyy too much partying all week because many don’t take the game seriously.

If the game results don't matter why do we play any games at all?  

I"m guessing Mizzou's 6-6 talent can only do what a 6-6 team can do.

Bowl games (besides the playoffs) are a reward to the players. You keep arguing like the opt outs don’t make a difference. If that’s the case why do the injuries that everyone bitches about make a difference? It’s the same result. You’re missing a key player and it can affect the outcome of the game. The only difference is one is voluntary and one not. If you can’t understand that I don’t know what to tell you. But I also know you do understand that and you are just wanting to troll this subject.

By your logic Texas Tech last decade doesn't count.  Starting 3-4 QBs annually mostly because of injuries
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take aTm and Mizzou out of the conference, and 1/2 of the teams in the conference (6/12) have played in the title game in the last 25 years.  If uga somehow wins it this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a National Championship.

It’s jealousy disguised as hate

Exactly
The Horns and Sooners realized it. If you can’t beat them…….
Now most everyone else just needs to get off their collective asses and do something about it.

Like Army?

No, like the rest of the little bitch ass conferences that don’t make the big bucks and never win playoff games and have their marquee programs leave for the SEC.

You seem pretty upset this morning, maybe ya need a beta blocker

Notre dame says hello
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

I definitely said we should do that and do away with scholarship limits.  

Why not?  No rules matter
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or even certain games they won last year…

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like it best if they played the games.  

That being said some chaos would be more interesting than another round of Bama beatdowns
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its frighteningly easy to spin some folks up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#26]
It's almost time for the retard bowl.

A shit tier team brought to you by cousin eddy vs a papermill clown college that isn't even a legitimate school. No matter who wins, we all lose.

Got damn this is a new low for my school. Playing a fucking community college, that on graduation the diplomas are literally given out by mickey fucking mouse. And I thought the shark fucker years were bad...

Well, it could be worse I guess. Could you imagine being an sec team that actually lost to the florida based devry online college? Or having not won a championship in over 40 years?

Fuck this is embarrassing.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

By your logic Texas Tech last decade doesn't count.  Starting 3-4 QBs annually mostly because of injuries
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tyler Badie will also be sitting out for Mizzou's bowl game against Army. The Tigers will be without its record-setting running back after coach Eliah Drinkwitz said he did not want to risk the star's future on the game, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune. He rushed for 1,604 yards on 268 carries, with 14 going for scores.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/college-football-players-skipping-bowl-games-list/1ibqbezd8j7xh1409qhmkkyllb

The SEC should be next man up, just as good as as the starter, reload not rebuild, dat SEC speed

lol we go thru this EVERY year. You cannot lose a single NFL quality player and be the same team that earned that bowl spot.
Mizz was 6-6 this year.

Can you absolutely tell me that if Badie wasn’t on that team they wouldn’t have went 5-7 or possibly even worse and not even been bowl eligible?

1 carry, 1 block, 1 sack……1 single play can change a game. And these are the players capable of making game changing plays sitting out.

I’m not defending Mizz. I’m talking about the fact that optouts affect the outcome of bowl games. I don’t care who the team is.
But every year people post lololololol at so and so about losing to someone in a bowl game. These games need to be taken with a grain of salt and yet people think they really mean something. There are also a lot of other extra curricular activities that occur during these bowl game festivities that affect player performance. Like wayyyyy too much partying all week because many don’t take the game seriously.

Not saying they don’t count because they do go on your record. I’m saying not to put so much weight on them.
And yes, it’s hard to have a successful season without your best players.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those opt outs didn’t count.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But why is the money there?

Because of the quality of the football. Look at who dominates recruiting and sends the most players to the NFL. It all goes hand in hand. The SEC is the minor leagues for the NFL. Texas and Oklahoma have always recruited well but being in the SEC will also help get them a few players who only want to play in the SEC.

Oklahoma and Texas didn’t move there for money alone. The powers to be at Texas wouldn’t join the SEC just to be a whipping boy for a few dollars. They joined because they wanted to be a part of the best conference in college football and because they also believe they can compete. The money is just a byproduct.

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

If you want more parity in the game scholarship limits should actually be reduced. That would spread the talent out. At least until someone figures out how to use NIL legally to offset it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. I just don’t tolerate 2nd tier team keyboard warriors.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's almost time for the retard bowl.

A shit tier team brought to you by cousin eddy vs a papermill clown college that isn't even a legitimate school. No matter who wins, we all lose.

Got damn this is a new low for my school. Playing a fucking community college, that on graduation the diplomas are literally given out by mickey fucking mouse. And I thought the shark fucker years were bad...

Well, it could be worse I guess. Could you imagine being an sec team that actually lost to the florida based devry online college? Or having not won a championship in over 40 years?

Fuck this is embarrassing.

View Quote

You know Malzahn wants to win that game bad. Bad combination with Florida in disarray and it being an in state matchup.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not saying they don’t count because they do go on your record. I’m saying not to put so much weight on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

So Army > SEC is what you're saying?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you want more parity in the game scholarship limits should actually be reduced. That would spread the talent out. At least until someone figures out how to use NIL legally to offset it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

Nobody wants parity.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

They were last night.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They were last night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mizz was 6-6 this year.

They were last night.

Army remembered how to play after Navy wore em out I suppose
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nobody wants parity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

Nobody wants parity.

Honestly I do. I’ve been accused of being an SEC homer today but I’m far from it when it comes to wanting to see other conferences be successful. That’s good for the game. And I’m all about wanting to watch good football. I’ll defend the SEC when folks disparage them because they do have a great business model and many of the programs spend the money to make success possible. I’d be fine with seeing other conferences do the same.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Honestly I do. I’ve been accused of being an SEC homer today but I’m far from it when it comes to wanting to see other conferences be successful. That’s good for the game. And I’m all about wanting to watch good football. I’ll defend the SEC when folks disparage them because they do have a great business model and many of the programs spend the money to make success possible. I’d be fine with seeing other conferences do the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

Nobody wants parity.

If there was legit parity I'd be down for it, but that's a pipe dream with TU paying 4mil for a QB

And you're definitely an SEC homer all the days.  That might change once the burnt orange folks start chanting SEC
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If there was legit parity I'd be down for it, but that's a pipe dream with TU paying 4mil for a QB

And you're definitely an SEC homer all the days.  That might change once the burnt orange folks start chanting SEC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

Nobody wants parity.

If they really did that that’s pure stupidity paying that kind of money for an unproven commodity.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
You'd need to impose roster limits, not scholarship.  The scholarship becomes somewhat meaningless if you can offer them a six figure yearly NIL deal.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If they really did that that’s pure stupidity paying that kind of money for an unproven commodity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

lol really?

Nobody wants parity.

Bidding war against TTU... we promised him 5K yards passing but piles of cash worked.  

We've got some solid QBs, Shough, Smith, and Morton 2 4 stars and a 3 star who is the RB coaches son.  

Ez declared for draft and skipping TTU bowl game
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who you trying to kid? We Aggies KNOW that was the best UNC team ever fielded. The opt outs caused addition by subtraction.

Even last year, I felt like our 2020 team was overrated. I think this year showed that to be true.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#44]
God.
Emory is the worst QB since treon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#45]
My screen is blacked out. Anybody else?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Hopper having game of his life and throws a punch to get ejected…
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hopper having game of his life and throws a punch to get ejected…
View Quote

Replay showed he didn't, he pushed that lineman after the cccf thug spit in his face.

Meanwhile, cccf has flopped 4 times. Egregiously fake flops.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Billy needs to pull damn near all the scholarships from these undisciplined scrubs. Dan really left a mess.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Replay showed he didn't, he pushed that lineman after the cccf thug spit in his face.

Meanwhile, cccf has flopped 4 times. Egregiously fake flops.
View Quote

Out to watch it don’t have any audio, didn’t look like a punch after the replay.

Still penalties are way too excessive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's BS. Some teams and players have a culture that goes that way, but some don't. Some teams have everybody show up for the bowl and play to win for pride. Again, not every team has that culture. But don't say only 4 teams are fully geared up to play.
Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top