BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 242
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So Saban really didn’t want to do it, but he was afraid the AD might be upset with him so he begrudgingly did it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/ED23DA4C-6797-4848-A1A7-CF585A97971F_jpe-2623461.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And when you do anything football related to win a championship even at park level, he might expend the effort to raise an eyebrow.  I’m sure his feelings are hurt now.

Lol, thanks for the laugh Feinbaum.

Saban is a great coach, he’s had a hell of a run.  Begging “Lobbying” isn’t a good look for him, IMO it is demeaning.

I doubt Saban was the one who made the phone call for that. And if he had refused, I’m sure his AD wouldn’t have been happy. Plus he wouldn’t have been doing his job.

So Saban really didn’t want to do it, but he was afraid the AD might be upset with him so he begrudgingly did it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/ED23DA4C-6797-4848-A1A7-CF585A97971F_jpe-2623461.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly why I wanted UGA to play TCU:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, TCU earned the #3 spot more than Ohio State...
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No way .

Flukes happen and there is no way they risk an all big ten championship game . None

Ratings take a back seat ensuring a sec team in championship game

View Quote

You were saying….
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You were saying….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way .

Flukes happen and there is no way they risk an all big ten championship game . None

Ratings take a back seat ensuring a sec team in championship game

You were saying….

I am greatly surprised they didn’t do it .
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought this was supposed to be announced later today?

I guess they figured everyone outside of delusional Alabama fans already knew what it would be anyway.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/FE2C7CDF-F0D2-415C-988F-1F0A909EB571_png-2623508.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/8F388D7B-83CA-41D2-9DE6-807D4B31E138_png-2623510.JPG
View Quote

We're not all delusional. I've been saying ever since Bama dropped that game to LSU that they weren't getting into the CFP. And that's OK. Nobody is perfect all the time. Coach Saban has had only 2 perfect seasons in his entire time of being a head coach. Bear Bryant had only 3 perfect seasons during the whole time he was a head coach.

The top 4, now, are what I figured it'd be then; even after Michigan beat Ohio St. in the regular season.

And seeing as how my favorite team isn't in the playoffs, I won't be watching any of those games. I'll watch Alabama in their bowl game, but that's it. I'm not an SEC homer. I don't pull for other teams simply because they're in the same conference.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
What we learned this year is that teams should play three weak non-conference games and win your conference either undefeated or with one loss and you should make the playoffs.

That will be even more applicable when the playoffs are expanded.

SOS means very little now.  Just win.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We're not all delusional. I've been saying ever since Bama dropped that game to LSU that they weren't getting into the CFP. And that's OK. Nobody is perfect all the time. Coach Saban has had only 2 perfect seasons in his entire time of being a head coach. Bear Bryant had only 3 perfect seasons during the whole time he was a head coach.

The top 4, now, are what I figured it'd be then; even after Michigan beat Ohio St. in the regular season.

And seeing as how my favorite team isn't in the playoffs, I won't be watching any of those games. I'll watch Alabama in their bowl game, but that's it. I'm not an SEC homer. I don't pull for other teams simply because they're in the same conference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought this was supposed to be announced later today?

I guess they figured everyone outside of delusional Alabama fans already knew what it would be anyway.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/FE2C7CDF-F0D2-415C-988F-1F0A909EB571_png-2623508.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/8F388D7B-83CA-41D2-9DE6-807D4B31E138_png-2623510.JPG

Which is why I posted "everyone outside of delusional Alabama fans already knew" and not "everyone outside of Alabama fans already knew."
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Still never been a 2 loss team in the playoff.

But 2 big 10 teams, dayum.

Go Bucks!!!

Beat Michigan for the title.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Which is why I posted "everyone outside of delusional Alabama fans already knew" and not "everyone outside of Alabama fans already knew."
View Quote

Sorry. I'm just so used to being called delusional just for being an Alabama fan. And people calling me arrogant just for being an Alabama fan.

"Y'all think y'all are better than everybody else and should be handed everything to you simply because you're Alabama."
"No. I think we should get a chance like everyone else.....just like everyone does. And if we squander that chance, then we don't deserve anything."

I'm a realist. Which really confuses some people (and pisses off others ) since I don't "tow the company line" simply because I'm a fan of a certain team. They're not infallible. But I do support them, win or lose.

So they didn't make the CFP this year. No worries. Go win a bowl game and start working towards next year. Let the dissatisfaction of not having a spot in the playoffs fuel them for next year so they try harder.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nick Saban: “Just think. Would we be underdogs to the other 4 teams if you had us head to head?”

Uh….yes.

Bye.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nick Saban: “Just think. Would we be underdogs to the other 4 teams if you had us head to head?”

Uh….yes.

Bye.
View Quote

The whole "would we be favored" argument is even worse when you consider those last 3 games Saban was touting as being so meaningfull Alabama failed to cover in ALL of them.

In fact, Alabama has been terrible ATS all season.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Uh….yes.

Bye.
View Quote

They’d be favored over TCU by 5-6 points,
Close to a pickem with Michigan or OSU and a slight dog at 3-4 pts vs Georgia.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Uh….yes.

Bye.
View Quote

He knows how it works. He was throwing up a Hail Mary and I don’t blame him but it did look desperate. Also the same look he sported when commenting on TA&M NIL deals in the off-season. Can’t wait for next seasons AFLAC commercials to drop.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

………Coach Saban has had only 2 perfect seasons in his entire time of being a head coach. Bear Bryant had only 3 perfect seasons during the whole time he was a head coach…...

View Quote

That right there is perspective.  

People do become delusional with expectations.  Put a bunch 18 - 20 year old kids out there and unpredictable or stupid stuff happens some times.  

But also great things can happen.  And that’s why we love it.  

Expecting perfection indefinitely from kids, coaches or any one in any endeavor is foolish.  

Enjoy the moments of perfection for what they are and have anticipation for the next moment.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The whole "would we be favored" argument is even worse when you consider those last 3 games Saban was touting as being so meaningfull Alabama failed to cover in ALL of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why does the point spread matter? Who cares if they don't "cover" when the clock hits 00:00? At the end of the game, the only thing that matters is the score. Did you score more points than your opponent? Yes? Good, you're the winner. But they didn't cover the spread. So what? Do they still award the trophy and all the accolades if they don't cover the spread? They do? Cool, then they're still the winner. You can win by 100 or win by 1; it's still a win either way. And you'll still get a trophy whether if it's by 1 or by 100.

Point spreads and underdogs/favorites have always made me laugh. On any given day, any team can beat any other team, point spread and being an underdog or favored be damned. You have to do more than the other team, you have to score more points than the other team, to win. It's that simple. All that other bullshit doesn't even matter. Do you think the players on the field are worried about point spreads? No! They're worried about the next play.

Alabama lost 2 games in which they were favored. Nobody cares that they didn't cover the spread. All they care about is if they won or not. They didn't, so none of the rest matters. Well, maybe it matters to those who place bets. But then, those people are foolish/idiots.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What we learned this year is that teams should play three weak non-conference games and win your conference either undefeated or with one loss and you should make the playoffs.

That will be even more applicable when the playoffs are expanded.

SOS means very little now.  Just win.
View Quote

i disagree. of course "just win" will always apply, and why shouldnt it?

but in the new 12 team playoff SOS is gonna be important to get in if youre not a conference champ. that'll mean OOC games against good teams are important, unless your in conference schedule has enough high rank teams.

if youre in the ACC OOC is more important than it is for SEC teams, generally.

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why does the point spread matter? Who cares if they don't "cover" when the clock hits 00:00? At the end of the game, the only thing that matters is the score. Did you score more points than your opponent? Yes? Good, you're the winner. But they didn't cover the spread. So what? Do they still award the trophy and all the accolades if they don't cover the spread? They do? Cool, then they're still the winner. You can win by 100 or win by 1; it's still a win either way. And you'll still get a trophy whether if it's by 1 or by 100.

Point spreads and underdogs/favorites have always made me laugh. On any given day, any team can beat any other team, point spread and being an underdog or favored be damned. You have to do more than the other team, you have to score more points than the other team, to win. It's that simple. All that other bullshit doesn't even matter. Do you think the players on the field are worried about point spreads? No! They're worried about the next play.

Alabama lost 2 games in which they were favored. Nobody cares that they didn't cover the spread. All they care about is if they won or not. They didn't, so none of the rest matters. Well, maybe it matters to those who place bets. But then, those people are foolish/idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

point spread matters in this discussion because saban hung his hat on it for arguing bama should be in this year.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why are you ranting to us about point spreads when it was Saban who brought it up in the first place?
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet on college football. Thanks for calling me an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

point spread matters in this discussion because saban hung his hat on it for arguing bama should be in this year.  

View Quote

And apparently Saban completely ignored who was favored when they barely beat the  Longhorns and Aggies,  or who was favored when they lost to Tennessee and LSU.  None of which are in the 4 team playoff.  

But I guess Alabama should get extra credit this season for finally playing more decent teams and on the road for a change.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was there before tonight as well. It was worth covering the tab to see the reaction on everyone’s face when they had the cocktail sauce
View Quote

so jelly…. couldn’t make it this year. My BIL and nephew and there though
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh….yes.

Bye.

Meh. I think they get beat by all of them….and so would the sharks if that was really on the books.

The two teams he BRAGGED about losing close to got DEMOLISHED TWICE EACH after beating Bama. They both had to play UGA and got killed but they also got steam rolled by Texas A&M and South Carolina lol!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good for him. And he's wrong. I didn't see/hear any of his comments. I don't watch every single thing he's on or watch every single press conference he has.

Quoted:
Why are you ranting to us about point spreads when it was Saban who brought it up in the first place?

I was just responding to the 2 people who's posts I quoted. I had no idea Nick Saban had brought it up. Again, I don't watch/hear every single thing he says or does.

Quoted:

You're welcome.....? I just think betting and gambling are foolish and only idiots do them. I don't bet on things and I don't gamble. I have better things to do with my money than take a chance on something to which I don't control the outcome. But hey, it's your money. Do with it as you wish. But I'll still call anyone an idiot for doing it. You're free to spend your money as you want. I'm free to call someone an idiot for spending it on something I consider foolish.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Good for him. And he's wrong. I didn't see/hear any of his comments. I don't watch every single thing he's on or watch every single press conference he has.

I was just responding to the 2 people who's posts I quoted. I had no idea Nick Saban had brought it up. Again, I don't watch/hear every single thing he says or does.

You're welcome.....? I just think betting and gambling are foolish and only idiots do them. I don't bet on things and I don't gamble. I have better things to do with my money than take a chance on something to which I don't control the outcome. But hey, it's your money. Do with it as you wish. But I'll still call anyone an idiot for doing it. You're free to spend your money as you want. I'm free to call someone an idiot for spending it on something I consider foolish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We were directly talking about Nick Saban's comments about point spreads (one person even specifically mentions Nick Saban saying it in the very first sentence of their short post), but you "had no idea Nick Saban had brought it up" because you "don't watch/hear every single thing he says or does"?

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We were directly talking about Nick Saban's comments about point spreads (one person even specifically mentions Nick Saban saying it in the very first sentence of their short post), but you "had no idea Nick Saban had brought it up" because you "don't watch/hear every single thing he says or does"?

https://media.tenor.com/QwcxGNHGU_8AAAAC/dr-evil-right.gif
View Quote

OK, my mistake.

Re: bold part.....I don't. Is it that hard to believe? I'm a fan, not a worshiper.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#27]
What the 12 team playoff would look like based on todays rankings and selections.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

OK, my mistake.

Re: bold part.....I don't. Is it that hard to believe? I'm a fan, not a worshiper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/QwcxGNHGU_8AAAAC/dr-evil-right.gif

OK, my mistake.

When a post begins with "Nick Saban said...." it's not exactly a prerequisite to know ANYTHING about Nick Saban in order to know the post is about him.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Attachment Attached File

Georgia is #1 and they are rewarded by playing the team they are the smallest favorite against.

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/5679A8F5-786D-4870-A864-1870BFD049CE_jpe-2623928.JPG

Georgia is #1 and they are rewarded by playing the team they are the smallest favorite against.

https://i.imgur.com/swhZroa.gif
View Quote

OSU -3 against Michigan?

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/5679A8F5-786D-4870-A864-1870BFD049CE_jpe-2623928.JPG

https://i.imgur.com/swhZroa.gif
View All Quotes

I'm sure the committee is obsessed with betting lines like this thread
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

How else do you think they became millionaires?
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

One doesn't need to know anything about betting lines to know TCU is the team the other 3 wanted to face.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably insider trading, owning the refs is just for beer money
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

One doesn't need to know anything about betting lines to know TCU is the team the other 3 wanted to face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?  

They deserved 3 more than Ohio State who didn't win their division nor play this weekend, much less against a top 10 team
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol

Like Michigan wanting to play a team they just beat on the road by 22?
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#37]
South Carolina is going to play Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl. Looking forward to this game, from what I hear locally Spencer Rattler will play in the bowl. If he is dialed in, we will give ND a run for their money.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
South Carolina is going to play Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl. Looking forward to this game, from what I hear locally Spencer Rattler will play in the bowl. If he is dialed in, we will give ND a run for their money.
View Quote

*Clemson Bowl
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And?  

They deserved 3 more than Ohio State who didn't win their division nor play this weekend, much less against a top 10 team
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?  

And I'm talking about which team Georgia would rather face.  Not who deserved what ranking.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Michigan would rather play a team they are 3 point underdog against instead of a team they are a 9.5 favorite against?  Sounds good.  I'm sure Georgia would be happy to switch with them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And I'm talking about which team Georgia would rather face.  Not who deserved what ranking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?  

Georgia doesn't get to pick their opponent
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And?  

You don't say.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Well, more big news out of Badgerland, Mertz to the portal.

In the last week:

-Luke Fickell hired as HC
-Jim Leonhard (interim HC and Badger legend) staying on, most likely as DC
-Starting QB Graham Mertz announces entry to the portal

Win, win and win... Mertz never came close to living up to the hype and would always quickly regress after any semblance of progress.

On, Wisconsin!
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, more big news out of Badgerland, Mertz to the portal.

In the last week:

-Luke Fickell hired as HC
-Jim Leonhard (interim HC and Badger legend) staying on, most likely as DC
-Starting QB Graham Mertz announces entry to the portal

Win, win and win... Mertz never came close to living up to the hype and would always quickly regress after any semblance of progress.

On, Wisconsin!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Roll Tide
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

*Clemson Bowl
View Quote

I guess that would make the Orange Bowl with UT Vs. Clemson the *Gamecock Bowl.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I guess that would make the Orange Bowl with UT Vs. Clemson the *Gamecock Bowl.
View Quote

Rocked by Cock Bowl
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Meh. I think they get beat by all of them….and so would the sharks if that was really on the books.

The two teams he BRAGGED about losing close to got DEMOLISHED TWICE EACH after beating Bama. They both had to play UGA and got killed but they also got steam rolled by Texas A&M and South Carolina lol!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh….yes.

Bye.

Excellent dissertation demonstrating you get your football intelligence from UGa football fan forums.  Keep going, this is really funny!
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top