BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 242
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And I'm talking about which team Georgia would rather face.  Not who deserved what ranking.
View Quote

Once again, meh.  I want to know this is the best team in the country, not the team that had the easiest road to the championship.  Besides, I'm looking forward to the matchup.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Once again, meh.  I want to know this is the best team in the country, not the team that had the easiest road to the championship.  Besides, I'm looking forward to the matchup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I'm talking about which team Georgia would rather face.  Not who deserved what ranking.

So, given the choice, you would honestly rather Georgia play Ohio State in the semi finale as a 6.5 point favorite than play TCU as a 15 point favorite?
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Penix Jr, slated to be a first round draft pick, is coming back to play for UW next year.

Maybe that will encourage his WRs to return as well. One is projected to also be a first rounder.

That's big news for UW and bad news for the rest of the Pac12
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I still can't believe this team lost to Florida.
View Quote

It's what the eventual PAC12 Champ does ... lose to a middling SEC team to start the season.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Penix Jr, slated to be a first round draft pick, is coming back to play for UW next year.

Maybe that will encourage his WRs to return as well. One is projected to also be a first rounder.

View Quote

Who?

And who cares?
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Excellent dissertation demonstrating you get your football intelligence from UGa football fan forums.  Keep going, this is really funny!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nick Saban: “Just think. Would we be underdogs to the other 4 teams if you had us head to head?”

Uh….yes.

Bye.

They’d be favored over TCU by 5-6 points,
Close to a pickem with Michigan or OSU and a slight dog at 3-4 pts vs Georgia.

Meh. I think they get beat by all of them….and so would the sharks if that was really on the books.

The two teams he BRAGGED about losing close to got DEMOLISHED TWICE EACH after beating Bama. They both had to play UGA and got killed but they also got steam rolled by Texas A&M and South Carolina lol!!

Excellent dissertation demonstrating you get your football intelligence from UGa football fan forums.  Keep going, this is really funny!

He's not wrong.

And oBama isn't playing in the CFP.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Who?

And who cares?
View Quote

The nation's leading passer.  

Heisman candidate.

Now that he is returning next year he will probably be the Heisman frontrunner at the start of the 2023-24 season.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s crazy to hear.
1st rounder is 10-12 million minimum.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's what the eventual PAC12 Champ does ... lose to a middling SEC team to start the season.
View Quote

Well, it does Mean More to us.

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Who?

And who cares?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who?

And who cares?

The posters in this thread?
It’s college football related.
???

What’s with all the shitty edgelord GD bullshit this year? This thread used to be free from that crap and now it’s morphing into that same atmosphere.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol @ Indiana for losing him
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

that would be awesome for us college football fans. that dude and UW generally didnt get near the attention they deserve. i suppose thats in part because pac handles their schedule so poorly and in part because caleb and riley have ensured usc is sucking up all the national attention the pac does get.

penix is  arguably one of the top 3 qbs in the country with caleb and hooker.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What the 12 team playoff would look like based on todays rankings and selections.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/7B7ECC2D-3896-4485-84E7-ACF62D3CF507_jpe-2623926.JPG
View Quote
nobody cares

It's the second year in a row where 4 teams is honestly too many and we're accelerating  towards a 12 team playoff.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I like UGA getting Ohio St. in the Peach.

People feel they “got sighted” being higher ranked yet getting the tougher team. I don’t think so.

Nearly 4 weeks to prep, home game in ATL, toughest matchup problem of all the playoff teams with the most prep time in the friendlier environment.

I see a rout.

Michigan (Wish.com UGA) talkin’ already as well.

It was 34-3 in the 3rd before UGA 3rd string came in last year and we did handoffs up the middle every possession from then on. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
nobody cares

It's the second year in a row where 4 teams is honestly too many and we're accelerating  towards a 12 team playoff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the 12 team playoff would look like based on todays rankings and selections.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/7B7ECC2D-3896-4485-84E7-ACF62D3CF507_jpe-2623926.JPG
nobody cares

You should convince your team to forfeit the money cuz they care so little
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like UGA getting Ohio St. in the Peach.

People feel they "got sighted" being higher ranked yet getting the tougher team. I don't think so.

Nearly 4 weeks to prep, home game in ATL, toughest matchup problem of all the playoff teams with the most prep time in the friendlier environment.

I see a rout.

Michigan (Wish.com UGA) talkin' already as well.

It was 34-3 in the 3rd before UGA 3rd string came in last year and we did handoffs up the middle every possession from then on. Lol.
View Quote
We heard a whole lot yesterday about how Michigan wants a rematch with Georgia.  Michigan better spend the next month preparing for TCU and take care of that business first.

WRT Georgia drawing Ohio St in the first round.  Kirby is probably thrilled by that.  It'll be easy to get his team's attention and focus leading up to that matchup.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody cares

You don't make any sense.  Does Raider Rash affect the brain?  
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That’s crazy to hear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s crazy to hear.

Yeah, no way I would stay if I was projected to be a 1st rounder.  I'm guessing that NIL & insurance must figure into this somehow.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, no way I would stay if I was projected to be a 1st rounder.  I'm guessing that NIL & insurance must figure into this somehow.
View Quote

NIL won’t be 10-12 mil guaranteed.

Maybe he thinks he will be #1 next year instead of the 3rd or 4th QB taken this year
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody cares

Guess they don't teach math in Alabama.... more playoff spots = more playoff money and Bama at even a down 10-2 would make it...
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe he thinks he will be #1 next year instead of the 3rd or 4th QB taken this year
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Betting on himself... maybe if the PAC played games earlier
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#24]
SEC Shorts - Alabama tries to sneak on board the Playoffs

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF1N6A6b5Lc
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Guess they don't teach math in Alabama.... more playoff spots = more playoff money and Bama at even a down 10-2 would make it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not an Alabama fan, and have never lived in Alabama.  I don't know if you're right about Alabama math, but you can take that up with the Bama fans.

I may have my answer on the Raider Rash
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not an Alabama fan, and have never lived in Alabama.  I don't know if you're right about Alabama math, but you can take that up with the Bama fans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Raider rash mostly just hurts when you pee
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
nobody cares

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody cares

Agreed
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Raider rash mostly just hurts when you pee
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Those losses are not part of my cherry-picked assessment of my team’s performance so let’s just stick to the facts, okay?”
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely amazing. They must have my Alabama fan brother in law's phone tapped, because this is exactly what he was saying. He could have even played "Alabama" in this video without a script.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s crazy to hear.

Maybe being projected to be taken by the Colts had something to do with it.

As much as I like seeing him come back next year, if I was a projected top 10-15 draft pick, it would be tough to not enter the draft.

He is tight with the UW coaching staff since they worked together before coming to Seattle.  I'm sure that had a big part of the decision
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Rumor is Donovan Smith (QB2) is going to hit the portal today, other rumor is Tyler Shough (QB1) may hit the portal after the bowl game
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Rumor is Donovan Smith (QB2) is going to hit the portal today, other rumor is Tyler Shough (QB1) may hit the portal after the bowl game
View Quote

Going to hold Michigan’s clipboard?
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Absolutely amazing. They must have my Alabama fan brother in law's phone tapped, because this is exactly what he was saying. He could have even played "Alabama" in this video without a script.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could have used him an hour ago.  I had to look up "boat raced."  That's a new term for me.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smith is a pretty good athlete.  He had a receiving and rushing TD against OU to finish the season.  Shough has a PAC12 title ring from Oregon, but he's only started 8 games out of 25 due to injury.... we had 2 of our 3 best OL play 100% of offensive snaps mind ya.  Kliff and Wells didn't recruit that position very well
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The posters in this thread?
???

What’s with all the shitty edgelord GD bullshit this year? This thread used to be free from that crap and now it’s morphing into that same atmosphere.
View Quote

It's PAC-12, no one cares about PAC-12.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's PAC-12, no one cares about PAC-12.
View Quote

It’s daylight. We care
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
nobody cares

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody cares

Sure some folks care.

And maybe this year it’s pretty obvious that Georgia and Michigan are better than everyone else. But it still needs to be proven on the field. So what’s wrong with watching Michigan beat TCU and Georgia beat OSU?

And in other years there have been deserving teams left out. 2014 TCU should have been included. A&M deserved an opportunity in 2020 a helluva lot more than ND. And what about Western Michigan going undefeated in 2016 and UCF in 2018? Is it fair to leave out undefeated teams?

Should participants be decided my men sitting around a table?
At least 12 teams will implement some predetermined criteria on who’s included and take the favoritism factor out of the equation for the most part.

Transfer portal, NIL, expanded playoffs, college football is changing and not everyone is going to like or agree to all the changes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sure some folks care.

And maybe this year it’s pretty obvious that Georgia and Michigan are better than everyone else. But it still needs to be proven on the field. So what’s wrong with watching Michigan beat TCU and Georgia beat OSU?

And in other years there have been deserving teams left out. 2014 TCU should have been included. A&M deserved an opportunity in 2020 a helluva lot more than ND. And what about Western Michigan going undefeated in 2016 and UCF in 2018? Is it fair to leave out undefeated teams?

At least 12 teams will implement some predetermined criteria on who’s included and take the favoritism factor out of the equation for the most part.

Transfer portal, NIL, expanded playoffs, college football is changing and not everyone is going to like or agree to all the changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody cares

Sure some folks care.

I suspect many many won't/don't/aren't gonna like the new football world.  Its changed a LOT in the last 10 years.  Looks very dissimilar to 20 years ago in so many ways.  

I think the blue bloods will be the ones in the playoffs when they ought not be there.  

This year its UGA, then UM, then whomever else with 1 loss.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:46:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:The posters in this thread?
???
View Quote
It seems things took a turn for the worse after bama's Jermain Burton throw a punch at that girl, Saban did nothing (or next to nothing about it), and folks in here got heated about it.
Hopefully, things will be better next year.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now do Arch Manning
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It seems things took a turn for the worse after bama's Jermain Burton throw a punch at that girl, Saban did nothing (or next to nothing about it), and folks in here got heated about it.
Hopefully, things will be better next year.

Monk
View Quote

Yeah, but some of us were right.

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]
OSU WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba opting out of the CFP to get healthy for the NFL draft.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they lose their starting jobs to #3 when they were injured?
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Silly (portal/draft) Season is going to be interesting.

Lots of bowls won't have some important players involved.

Looks like it's going to be even worse this year with some big names bailing.

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I suspect many many won't/don't/aren't gonna like the new football world.  Its changed a LOT in the last 10 years.  Looks very dissimilar to 20 years ago in so many ways.  

I think the blue bloods will be the ones in the playoffs when they ought not be there.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nobody cares

Sure some folks care.

The 1 thing the expanded playoffs will do that I think everyone here will agree on is put some emphasis back on being a conference champion. It’s the only way to be in the top 4 and get a first round bye. Notice how Utah and Clemson in that chart were in the Top4 and TCU and OSU weren’t? That’s a pretty big deal.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Now do Arch Manning
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now do Arch Manning

?
He’s a recruit to Texas.
?
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might have, but QB3 got injured and is still injured as I've heard.  QB1 is currently expected to be starter for Bowl game.  

Got another 4 star HS QB coming in January mind ya.  QB3 Morton is a 4 star himself and quite talented but OC Kittley runs the Kliffense and its quite complicated
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top