They can just name that pod the Southwest Conference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Conference
View Quote

But... Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually OU has a great bowl record. They smoked Florida and Auburn in bowls the last few years. It's the playoffs where they need to get over the hump. Venables has 3 Nattys and knows what it takes to get that done.
View Quote

I was just ribbing ya.  I like Oklahoma and hope they do well in the SEC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lol, no they don’t get a pass. Especially just because other conference members were passed over. Wasn’t that just TCU and Baylor in 2014?

Let’s see how many 11-1 seasons Oklahoma has once they move to the SEC. I’d be very surprised if they have that many. Anyway, this has morphed into an Oklahoma conversation when that was never the intention. They were simply used as an example of what happens when you don’t have playoff quality teams on your regular season schedule.

I hope Oklahoma and Texas both play Georgia and Bama in their first year in the SEC. Let’s make up for lost time and see how the Big12s best stack up with the SECs best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe Georgia or TAMU have any input into which cross division opponent is scheduled.

Monk

Then why do Auburn and UGA play every year?

Permanent cross divisional opponents. Same reason A&M plays SC. I’m not a fan of it. Partly creates the issue we are discussing here.

I thought Aggies played UF as its permanent one

Florida and LSU

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ranking-sec-cross-divisional-rivalries/

Just weird as I don't think A&M has any connection with SC in any way form or fashion

When you look at how long some of the other cross divisional games have been being played, it’s more like a who’s who of leftovers when A&M joined the SEC. Although that’s not a bad draw for A&M and the Ags have beat SC every year since joining the SEC I don’t like playing them every year.

Its a good deal for A&M, having to play UGA or another competitive team would be more challenging than the Vandy of the Carolinas

It’s good for the win loss column but boring.
Why tiptoe around playing better teams? Just so you can slink into the playoffs like Oklahoma and get your ass kicked in the first round every time?

slink huh?  what's A&M's record against Oklahoma all time?

What’s that have to do with Oklahoma getting their ass kicked in the first round of the playoffs every year they’ve made it?

Half the playoff teams do every year

Who has been multiple times and lost in the first round every time?
Notre Dame? Twice?
Oklahoma 4 times? Or is it 3?
Think that’s all.

They had at least one that they came close.  They've had a glaring deficiency called defence for a solid decade or so now.  They get passes on their loses too.   Multiple 1 loss Big 12 champs have been passed over but OU is pretty much assured with that record and all our teams play each other every year so no easy outs

lol, no they don’t get a pass. Especially just because other conference members were passed over. Wasn’t that just TCU and Baylor in 2014?

Let’s see how many 11-1 seasons Oklahoma has once they move to the SEC. I’d be very surprised if they have that many. Anyway, this has morphed into an Oklahoma conversation when that was never the intention. They were simply used as an example of what happens when you don’t have playoff quality teams on your regular season schedule.

I hope Oklahoma and Texas both play Georgia and Bama in their first year in the SEC. Let’s make up for lost time and see how the Big12s best stack up with the SECs best.

Big 12s middle of the road beat Bama and Mizzou won a couple of SEC East divisons iirc

Also tu is just valuable, OU didn't win a conf title or play in title game last year
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well there’s 14 teams and really only 2 at the top. So that leaves everyone else to be somewhere in the middle or at the bottom. Hopefully A&M can find an offense here pretty quick or that mid tier ranking you give them might not hold.

Oklahoma has only played 2 SEC regular season opponents in the last 10 years. Tennessee twice. I’d personally discount bowl games and also playoff games to be fair.

I’m looking forward to them playing a full SEC regular season schedule. There really aren’t any easy weeks when you are playing a conference opponent. Many of the teams that don’t get talked about here like Ole Miss, Mississippi State etc are not easy outs. They will give you hell every week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no they don't get a pass. Especially just because other conference members were passed over. Wasn't that just TCU and Baylor in 2014?

Let's see how many 11-1 seasons Oklahoma has once they move to the SEC. I'd be very surprised if they have that many. Anyway, this has morphed into an Oklahoma conversation when that was never the intention. They were simply used as an example of what happens when you don't have playoff quality teams on your regular season schedule.

I hope Oklahoma and Texas both play Georgia and Bama in their first year in the SEC. Let's make up for lost time and see how the Big12s best stack up with the SECs best.
OU has performed well against the SEC outside of the playoffs.  They will do fine.  Heck, even aTm has shown everything will be fine, they were a mid tier team in the b12 and are a mid tier team in the SEC.

Well there’s 14 teams and really only 2 at the top. So that leaves everyone else to be somewhere in the middle or at the bottom. Hopefully A&M can find an offense here pretty quick or that mid tier ranking you give them might not hold.

Oklahoma has only played 2 SEC regular season opponents in the last 10 years. Tennessee twice. I’d personally discount bowl games and also playoff games to be fair.

I’m looking forward to them playing a full SEC regular season schedule. There really aren’t any easy weeks when you are playing a conference opponent. Many of the teams that don’t get talked about here like Ole Miss, Mississippi State etc are not easy outs. They will give you hell every week.

You discount SEC loses in postseason but don't discount OU loses in the post season?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is the most often mentiond SEC pod configuration:

Pod A: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina
Pod B: Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Pod C: LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M
Pod D: Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas

9 Game Conference Schedule
Each team would play the other 3 teams in their pod
Each team would play two teams from the other 3 pods on a rotating basis

10 Game Conference Schedule (don't think it would happen)
Each team would keep one traditional rival game (AU/UGA)

View Quote

I don't mind the 3-3-6 "Podless" version shown here https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2022/5/13/23071167/what-a-podless-sec-football-schedule-could-look-like-3-6-6-permanent-opponents-texas-oklahoma

"In what we call the “3-6-6” format, there would be no divisions, no pods, no subgroups of any kind within the conference. What you’d have instead is each team having three permanent “rivalry” games each year, and six rotating opponents (six in even years and the other six in odd years). That means you’d play nine conference games (up from the SEC’s current eight), but you’d also

Maintain your team’s most important rivalry games
Face EVERY conference team in a 24-month span
Have EVERY conference team come to your home stadium in the span of four years"

For example:
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How do you explain Clemson?
View Quote

We’ll the last  6 times Clempson ( ha ha ) has played the Top of the SEC they are 2-4 . Won Twice vs Alabama in the CFNCG . Lost once  to Alabama in the Semi final game . Lost to Alabama in the Championship game. Lost to LSU in the Championship game.  And Since Georgia is Current Champions , lost to them last year first game of season.   Clemson is a good team. But a lot of folks at tiger.net wear orange tinted glasses. But I guess we all do from time to time. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't mind the 3-3-6 "Podless" version shown here https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2022/5/13/23071167/what-a-podless-sec-football-schedule-could-look-like-3-6-6-permanent-opponents-texas-oklahoma

"In what we call the “3-6-6” format, there would be no divisions, no pods, no subgroups of any kind within the conference. What you’d have instead is each team having three permanent “rivalry” games each year, and six rotating opponents (six in even years and the other six in odd years). That means you’d play nine conference games (up from the SEC’s current eight), but you’d also

For example:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/Screenshot_2022-09-22_094125-2535132.png
View Quote

Literally a pod system
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Literally a pod system
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For example:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/Screenshot_2022-09-22_094125-2535132.png

Literally a pod system

This is the one I have seen mentioned and wouldn't have a problem with, but other LSU fans hate that we play Florida every year now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Literally a pod system
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For example:

Literally a pod system

no its not. in a pod all the teams within that pod play each other every year. look more closely.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Actually OU has a great bowl record. They smoked Florida and Auburn in bowls the last few years. It's the playoffs where they need to get over the hump. Venables has 3 Nattys and knows what it takes to get that done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

None as a HC though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Literally a pod system
View Quote

It's not a pod because every team has a different set of "rivals".  A pod puts a set of teams together as mutual "rivals".
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif

It’s true

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, no they don't get a pass. Especially just because other conference members were passed over. Wasn't that just TCU and Baylor in 2014?

Let's see how many 11-1 seasons Oklahoma has once they move to the SEC. I'd be very surprised if they have that many. Anyway, this has morphed into an Oklahoma conversation when that was never the intention. They were simply used as an example of what happens when you don't have playoff quality teams on your regular season schedule.

I hope Oklahoma and Texas both play Georgia and Bama in their first year in the SEC. Let's make up for lost time and see how the Big12s best stack up with the SECs best.
OU has performed well against the SEC outside of the playoffs.  They will do fine.  Heck, even aTm has shown everything will be fine, they were a mid tier team in the b12 and are a mid tier team in the SEC.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif

It’s true

Click To View Spoiler

I think complacency killed A&M. Then folks came along that wanted to change that. That’s where they are now. And there’s been some success. Just not enough.

I could make a pretty good argument that they should have made the playoffs very recently. 2020 Covid season 8-1 in conference play. Got screwed by Notre Dame. If the season isn’t Covid shortened does an 11-1 A&M team get in? Or does media favorite ND still get the nod?

Or if A&M had been a member of another conference like the Big12 when that happened do they get in as a 1 loss P5 conference champion? Although Georgia and Bama have both made the playoffs together twice, I still believe theres committee bias towards having 1 conference with 1/2 the field. And the fact you’re in the same division as 1 of the other teams makes that even more unlikely.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have been told only real conferences play 8 games

But I would switch Arky and Mizzou for LSU/TA&M
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the most often mentiond SEC pod configuration:

Pod A: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina
Pod B: Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Pod C: LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M
Pod D: Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas

9 Game Conference Schedule

10 Game Conference Schedule (don't think it would happen)
Each team would keep one traditional rival game (AU/UGA)

I have been told only real conferences play 8 games

But I would switch Arky and Mizzou for LSU/TA&M

No one saying 8 SEC conference games is ok has used the word “real”. If anything the real truth is fans of other conferences rag on the SEC for not playing 9.

This is an issue that should be addressed to add a bit of parity though. Actually surprising it hasn’t.

As the conferences grow to 16 and 20 I’m actually a fan for lowering the number of conference games. The simple fact is you will hardly ever get to play outside of conference and face the Michigans, Ohio States and Clemsons of the world.

If you drop divisions and go to pods with fewer regular opponents you will still play everyone in the conference often enough. Let’s get more out of conference P5 matchups going. Everyone should be required to play 2 every year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You discount SEC loses in postseason but don't discount OU loses in the post season?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure I did in another post. I have been speaking about playoff results. Not bowl games. If I wanted to harp on bowl results I’d throw the A&M / Oklahoma bowl game back in the face of the poster who threw out the ass whooping Oklahoma put on A&M 20 years ago in a regular season game. A&M beat Oklahoma 41-13 in the Cotton Bowl in 2012. A&Ms first season in the SEC and the last time they’ve played.

Playoff games are totally different in my mind in lieu of regular bowl games. I’ve consistently stated that here for years. That’s a huge reason I’m a proponent of expanding the playoffs and eliminating as many worthless bowl games as possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTDBw7X8wBU

"They kept giving us the ball"

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why do you guys keep posting old shit?  That's from way back in Week 3.  It's Week 4 for God's sake.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why do you guys keep posting old shit?  That's from way back in Week 3.  It's Week 4 for God's sake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can completely understand why you would want to put week 3 to rest and never have it mentioned again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Im just ready for OU to move forward with their new brothers. I hope they can start SEC play next year. Also curious if OU will still dominate softball and gymnastics and still bring home nattys every year with the move. The baseball championship with OU and Ole Miss was a sign of things to come as well I hope.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Im just ready for OU to move forward with their new brothers. I hope they can start SEC play next year. Also curious if OU will still dominate softball and gymnastics and still bring home nattys every year with the move. The baseball championship with OU and Ole Miss was a sign of things to come as well I hope.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh FFS.

Some kid got a hat or a t shirt.

NCAA is fucking broken
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh FFS.

NCAA is fucking broken
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS.

NCAA is fucking broken

Pay recruits million in NIL deals but don't even think about giving another kid some swag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oh FFS.

NCAA is fucking broken
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS.

NCAA is fucking broken

Doing anything during dead period is a no go and I'm sure the coach new that
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Pay recruits million in NIL deals but don't even think about giving another kid some swag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS.

NCAA is fucking broken

Just wait for the rest of the Adidas FBI scandal to drop in basketball.  Remember Kansas offered Zion 100K to come to KU and dook got him
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Bryce Ramirez made it back to Lubbock to a heartwarming welcome

Really hope the new HC works out I like him a lot
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#28]
6 of the top 18.

Not bad, Arky.

Attachment Attached File

Damn, Drew... you gonna let anyone else play?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

With the SEC having released 2023 schedules last week, it doesn’t look likely that Okie and the Horns will move before at least 2024.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think complacency killed A&M. Then folks came along that wanted to change that. That’s where they are now. And there’s been some success. Just not enough.

I could make a pretty good argument that they should have made the playoffs very recently. 2020 Covid season 8-1 in conference play. Got screwed by Notre Dame. If the season isn’t Covid shortened does an 11-1 A&M team get in? Or does media favorite ND still get the nod?

Or if A&M had been a member of another conference like the Big12 when that happened do they get in as a 1 loss P5 conference champion? Although Georgia and Bama have both made the playoffs together twice, I still believe theres committee bias towards having 1 conference with 1/2 the field. And the fact you’re in the same division as 1 of the other teams makes that even more unlikely.
View Quote

Weak leadership killed A&M, not complacency.  Specifically Kevin Sumlin fucked the locker room up after Johnny Manziel.  

Sumlin recruited 5* Kyle Allen in 2014, 5* (Heisman winner) Kyler Murry in 2015, then Kellen Mond in 2017.  Sumlin really messed up on handling two 5* QB's in the locker room.  There were fights, literal fist fights.  Both Kyle Allen and Kyler Murry transferred out of A&M due to this and there were two downhill impacts:

1. A&M couldn't recruit high level recruits because of the stigma of not being able to use talent correctly.
2. A&M was stuck with Kellen Mond as a starter for the next 4 years who was recruited to be a backup to two superstars (one of which was a Heisman winner).

Jimbo came in 2018, and the best QB he had was Kellen Mond, and he couldn't recruit a replacement because of the stigma left behind by Sumlin needed to be overcome.  The 2020 covid season was just a byproduct of these events.  A&M was left with all positions filled relatively well but without an on-field leader (QB) that could really drive the team to success.  

2021 was the year that Jimbo shook the stigma that Sumlin created.  He showed in the 2020 year that he could use talent and in that 2021 recruiting class they opened up for conversation.  

Now Jimbo has his talent, and everything else he has asked for without question.  This is the year that a corner needs to be turned.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
6 of the top 18.

Not bad, Arky.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214090/Screenshot_20220922-134129_Chrome_jpg-2535314.JPG

View Quote

3 of the 6 are DBs and LBs. Blitz much?
A&M doesn’t. They need to. They were so short handed in the secondary against Miami they couldn’t afford to put guys on an island so they were dropping 7-8 most all game. Hopefully with 3 starters back in the secondary they can send more pressure. Just don’t let that QB run draws cause he’s one big boy to let get loose.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Weak leadership killed A&M, not complacency.  Specifically Kevin Sumlin fucked the locker room up after Johnny Manziel.  

Sumlin recruited 5* Kyle Allen in 2014, 5* (Heisman winner) Kyler Murry in 2015, then Kellen Mond in 2017.  Sumlin really messed up on handling two 5* QB's in the locker room.  There were fights, literal fist fights.  Both Kyle Allen and Kyler Murry transferred out of A&M due to this and there were two downhill impacts:

1. A&M couldn't recruit high level recruits because of the stigma of not being able to use talent correctly.
2. A&M was stuck with Kellen Mond as a starter for the next 4 years who was recruited to be a backup to two superstars (one of which was a Heisman winner).

Jimbo came in 2018, and the best QB he had was Kellen Mond, and he couldn't recruit a replacement because of the stigma left behind by Sumlin needed to be overcome.  The 2020 covid season was just a byproduct of these events.  A&M was left with all positions filled relatively well but without an on-field leader (QB) that could really drive the team to success.  

2021 was the year that Jimbo shook the stigma that Sumlin created.  He showed in the 2020 year that he could use talent and in that 2021 recruiting class they opened up for conversation.  

Now Jimbo has his talent, and everything else he has asked for without question.  This is the year that a corner needs to be turned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was actually talking pre Sumlin days before facility improvements and stadium expansion. Back before the decision was made to move to the SEC. But I do agree with Sumlin being a disaster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A&M doesn’t. They need to. They were so short handed in the secondary against Miami they couldn’t afford to put guys on an island so they were dropping 7-8 most all game. Hopefully with 3 starters back in the secondary they can send more pressure. Just don’t let that QB run draws cause he’s one big boy to let get loose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 of the top 18.

Not bad, Arky.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214090/Screenshot_20220922-134129_Chrome_jpg-2535314.JPG

Whatever works in the long run.
Might explain SOME of Arky's pass defense woes.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

4 starters back this week.

2 were suspended.

2 were ejected for targeting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

2 were suspended.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 were suspended.

If Arky is smart, they'll run the ball down the Aggies' throats for 4 quarters.
Keep the shit-show of a defensive secondary on the sidelines as much as possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Literally a pod system
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For example:

Literally a pod system

Not really a "pod"
In a pod system, all of the teams in a pod play each other yearly.  

In a pod you would have
Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, and Vandy for example...they would all play each other.

In this system Bama plays Auburn, LSU, and the Vols..
Auburn plays Bama, UGA, and Miss St....
So if it is a "pod" it would be individual pods.....or something, but not the round robin style of 4 team pods that are normally suggested.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

LSU should tell NCAA to fuck right off. toothless pos organization

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#39]

My niece just started as a student at ‘Cuse.  I guess I’ll be watching that game Friday.  I simply don’t understand yankee football though.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the NCAA.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was actually talking pre Sumlin days before facility improvements and stadium expansion. Back before the decision was made to move to the SEC. But I do agree with Sumlin being a disaster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

please dont bring up the period of the-coach-who-shall-not-be-named.  ffs i still expect to see a series of missed/broken tackles when the Ags hit someone in the open field. post traumatic stress is stressful.

i need a drink just from typing that shit

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

please dont bring up the period of the-coach-who-shall-not-be-named.  ffs i still expect to see a series of missed/broken tackles when the Ags hit someone in the open field. post traumatic stress is stressful.

i need a drink just from tying that shit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i need a drink just from tying that shit

Might see more of that Saturday if Rocket and/or KJ get some steam up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

2 were suspended.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 were suspended.

Bouie is not a starter. Harris was supposed to start although he’s listed as a backup to Deuce Harmon who was injured I believe.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My niece just started as a student at ‘Cuse.  I guess I’ll be watching that game Friday.  I simply don’t understand yankee football though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s pretty similar. Just not as physical.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SEC losses in post season are the same as wins for any other conference
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34645264/texas-tech-lb-bryce-ramirez-back-lubbock-surgeries-broken-leg

TTU was able to pay for Ramirez's parents expenses to travel to NC while he was in the hospital.  Glad that ain't against the rules
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Thursday night football always makes me think of Marshall Faulk vs BYU. Faulk went for 299 in '92 and 253 in '93 on Thursdays vs BYU. Should've won the Heisman over Torretta in 1992...and I say that as a Miami fan.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#48]
I hate watching kids from SoFla ball out for teams other than Miami. The CANES have no shortage of RBs. In fact Miami has the 4 top ranked RBs out of SoFla in the '20 and '21 classes on the roster...but this kid CJ Donaldson for WVU is a stud from Gulliver Prep which is less than 3 miles from the U.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I hate watching kids from SoFla ball out for teams other than Miami. The CANES have no shortage of RBs. In fact Miami has the 4 top ranked RBs out of SoFla in the '20 and '21 classes on the roster...but this kid CJ Donaldson for WVU is a stud from Gulliver Prep which is less than 3 miles from the U.
View Quote

California, Texas, and Florida have had a hard time holding onto their hometown talent for the past 10y.  I'm not sure if that will get better or worse, but it has been a common theme.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

2nd sellout in 13 years?
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top