Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I read free boxes of fried chicken to reduce violent crime.

That might work here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
That is truly sad.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
It's really sad what has happened to a once great nation.

I honestly wonder if they would have our back if we had to fuck up another country again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Never heard of them - but I DO know of about 5 or 6 fish & chip shops that still fry in beef dripping, not oil....
The difference is staggering. One of the above even uses a coal fired frier….keeping it old skool
View Quote
I miss real fish and chips cooked in beef tallow and served in newspaper. With lots of Sarson's vinegar.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Lame idea.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
local to me....fatal killing last night in a city centre.
52 year old man - 7 teenage yoots
he was stabbed once, with a screwdriver

…too many UK politicians & public are too removed from reality & causality for the problem to EVER be fixed

They will ALWAYS seek to blame the tool, as it's easier on their conscience & voting demographics

ALSO IN UK NEWS TODAY
total drug deaths in the UK now at over 4300
Around 3000+ from illegal drugs, the rest from over-use or incorrect prescription of legally prescribed drugs
But, yeah, put fucking gps trackers in knives - add the annual battery change costs & record keeping admin to the rest of the taxes were swamped under
wankers
View Quote
isn't the UK a country of like 60 million? with 260ish knife deaths annualy. Compared to the US (330 million) that would be 1100 ish expected, instead the US has about 1600 annualy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I read free boxes of fried chicken to reduce violent crime.

That might work here.
View Quote
Interdasting.....I have never seen anyone act-up while eating good fried chicken, just nom, nom, nom.

That said I've heard of near riots if the chicken runs out or if someone gets a extra piece.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
isn't the UK a country of like 60 million? with 260ish knife deaths annualy. Compared to the US (330 million) that would be 1100 ish expected, instead the US has about 1600 annualy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
local to me....fatal killing last night in a city centre.
52 year old man - 7 teenage yoots
he was stabbed once, with a screwdriver

…too many UK politicians & public are too removed from reality & causality for the problem to EVER be fixed

They will ALWAYS seek to blame the tool, as it's easier on their conscience & voting demographics

ALSO IN UK NEWS TODAY
total drug deaths in the UK now at over 4300
Around 3000+ from illegal drugs, the rest from over-use or incorrect prescription of legally prescribed drugs
But, yeah, put fucking gps trackers in knives - add the annual battery change costs & record keeping admin to the rest of the taxes were swamped under
wankers
We are around 60 -65 million population thereabouts.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
“Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc,” tweeted MP Scott Mann.

https://i.imgur.com/U9DMBGc.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Hitting the target audience demographics well there too I see....66% isn't bad
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#11]
The part that got me was the GPS tracker in knife handles. It's like they don't think criminals know about hand drills, powerful magnets, or aluminum foil. That whole country is turning into one giant supermax prison.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The part that got me was the GPS tracker in knife handles. It's like they don't think criminals know about hand drills, powerful magnets, or aluminum foil. That whole country is turning into one giant supermax prison.
View Quote
It is a totally unworkable idea, for sure. But honestly, you guys take stuff like this far too seriously.

Do you really think anyone here took gave that brain fart any credible mileage?

Maybe it’s a cultural thing. I dunno.

Over here a tweet like that is met with “bwahahaha what a nob.   Hey mate.  I need a charging point for me butter knife ”.

Even the MP who made the tweet said it was quite  “a shit idea”. Everyone took the piss out of him for it. All he could do is roll with it and take the roasting he got with good grace and laugh about the stupidity of it.

If you find the tweet you will see the comments that flamed him.

You guys start analysing it and seriously considering it. It’s pretty funny from our end. It’s like “are these guys serious?  They believe this stuff?”
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They'll come for the forks next
View Quote
Then the spoons.

Then they just hook you up to the matrix and sit you body in a protective glass bubble. It's for your own good of course.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What for?

It’s funnier watching you lot lose your minds over it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Agent_Funky

Please try to defend this.
What for?

It’s funnier watching you lot lose your minds over it
We're not losing our minds. We're laughing at you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Am I the only one that gets that they are using the boxes to promote a message, not that they are banning plastic knives?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Where's our friends from across the pond who bash Americans now?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that gets that they are using the boxes to promote a message, not that they are banning plastic knives?
View Quote
That's what it seems like, but GD is prone to hysteria.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#19]
1000 years of inbreeding on that island sure has had some side affects on intellect.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is a totally unworkable idea, for sure. But honestly, you guys take stuff like this far too seriously.

Over here a tweet like that is met with “bwahahaha what a nob.   Hey mate.  I need a charging point for me butter knife ”.

Even the MP who made the tweet said it was quite  “a shit idea”. Everyone took the piss out of him for it. All he could do is roll with it and take the roasting he got with good grace and laugh about the stupidity of it.

You guys start analysing it and seriously considering it. It’s pretty funny from our end. It’s like “are these guys serious?  They believe this stuff?”
View Quote
Yet guys like that really are shaping policy.

Same as the US though, gun laws passed by officials that obviously know nothing about guns...
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
The funniest part is that you don't think they're dead fucking serious.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Can't wait for KFC's Glock-free chicken.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Same as the US though, gun laws passed by officials that obviously know nothing about guns...
View Quote
That is certainly a valid point, but what makes this so ironic (and so simultaneously hilarious and tragic), is that we here in the US for decades now have been using the "next they'll ban kitchen knives" comment as our go to argumentum ad absurdum.

That was the most absurd, ridiculous, unlikely, unworkable, hyperbolic conclusion our minds could possibly come to. Something no one back then thought was even remotely possible.

And yet here we are.

The real dilemma is that now we'll have to find a new one to use. Next they'll ban toothpicks?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No idea = we've had a certain violent demographic being culturally enriching for a long time now
THEY added to the deaths by putting pressure on the effective "stop & search" powers - now it's more difficult to do this & the death toll is skyrocketing

One EASY FIX?
Close down the Fried Chicken shops - they attract fuckwits & crime like flies congregating around a pool of shit

Ne'er a fatal stabbing, of an evening, at Ye Olde Pie shoppe
Missouri Bucket O'Fried Fowl = can I get some body bags & a mop with that, to go....?
View Quote
Missouri never did anything to you
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There are the genuine KFC franchise outlets - and there are about 34000 different rip off Halal friendly "imitations" with wall to wall grease & hot & cold salmonella - though you'll be stabbed or shot long before that gets ya...
And if the regular food poisoning doesn't do you in, the dose of chlamydia from the 15 year old serving you your luke warm fried cat will make you wish it had
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. The funniest part is that you do.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So was that Congress dude who threatened to nuke American gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Who cares England is lost, their subjects don't care, why should we?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Everybody want to do some banter until it’s time to do some banter shit Sorry you got offended on the last thread.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Everybody want to do some banter until it’s time to do some banter shit Sorry you got offended on the last thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glass jaws, mate.  Glass jaws.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So was that Congress dude who threatened to nuke American gun owners.
View Quote
I get what you're saying, but that's a strawman argument. He didn't actually threaten to nuke American gun owners. He was merely saying that if we resisted disarmament, that the federal government would use everything at its disposal to neutralize us. In a nutshell, he was saying, You can resist if you want to, but we're bigger and stronger and we'll win.

So in that context, yes, his threat was VERY real. He fully intends to unconstitutionally ban guns, then use military force against anyone who refuses to go along with it. There's not a single bone in his body, or anyone else in congress for that matter, who's not dead serious about that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well we'll save a place for you here just in case. Assuming you're still allowed to leave by that time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Obviously they can’t keep shanks out of prison so what a f—king joke.  GPS tracker in toothbrushes? Better yet every stick of wood.   I guess this guy has never watched a vampire movie and the wood steak to the heart .

Registration on mechanics tools lol.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Septics can't handle banter, it's a well-known fact.

Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A UK Member of Parliament demanded strict new policies to crackdown on violent crime throughout the United Kingdom earlier this year; calling for the implementation of a “GPS tracker” in every knife sold in the country.

“Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc,” tweeted MP Scott Mann.

Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc.
View Quote

Holy carp!  Now your knife is going to need batteries, and you're in big trouble if you don't keep it charged.

Coming soon to here?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well we'll save a place for you here just in case. Assuming you're still allowed to leave by that time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanted to move to America since I was a kid, I hope you guys will still be accepting white immigrants by that time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Disarm citizens, import more "asians" and africans.  What's their end game?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I assume they are removing bones from their chicken, too.
A sharp, broken drumstick can really tear $hit up...
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wanted to move to America since I was a kid, I hope you guys will still be accepting white immigrants by that time.
View Quote
Well the upside is that we're not requiring any proof of who you are, so just get a dark spray on tan and tell them your name is Omar.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#41]
This is the stupidest thing I’ve read all day.

It’s astonishing that they once stood up to tyranny.

Now, they embrace it and ask for more.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle."

Is this real? unfucking believable
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://pics.me.me/american-working-in-england-ls-suing-his-colleagues-for-too-4932210.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pics.me.me/american-working-in-england-ls-suing-his-colleagues-for-too-4932210.png
Holy shit. He looks like Tyrion Lannister.

We should rename him Tyrion Bannister.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is the stupidest thing I’ve read all day.

It’s astonishing that they once stood up to tyranny.

Now, they embrace it and ask for more.
View Quote
They stopped standing up to tyranny about the same time they stopped pronouncing their Rs. Coincidence? I think not!
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers mate.  Very thoughtful of you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The United Kingdom Home Office has contacted site staff and asked for the removal of the OP. Do not make any jokes in regards to fried chicken.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#47]
What about a pointed stick?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Maybe in reality they’re just trying to save money and it’s just their English sense of humor
Who uses a knife at a chicken joint anyway?

Just give me a fork and a few napkins
I always end up throwing away those knives, unused, anyway

Always seemed a total waste of resources
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You’ll have a long wait.

I’m just here to see how comically retarded this thread gets before someone figures it out.
View Quote
So if a Brit stabs a bunch of people with a pointy stick will they burn all the trees?

How`d I do?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Uh... how did they cut the chickens up before they fried it?  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top