User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They import most of their energy, and industrial goods.  Iron ore is their their largest import after oil and computer chips.
They couldn't pull shit out of Afghanistan if we left, they couldn't pull shit out of Africa if we left, they couldn't pull shit out of the ME if we left.  

You're an idiot if you think they just have enough steel laying around rebuild even 10% of China.
View Quote

A large portion of their population is uneducated, and they, like Australia have the population centered on the coast. They have done a good job of fucking up the country ecologically. I was talking to an engineer there about the general lack of birds. They have a fraction of wild birds compared to the US. She said it was because of pollution, and the rural folks use them to supplement their diets. I have been to places there where the main transportation was an old school gravely looking two wheel tractor pulling a farm wagon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So what is the US position if China invades Taiwan? Not our problem?
View Quote

It will be a lot of countries problem. Huge amounts of tech comes from there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The RoC should adopt the Israeli policy of nuclear ambiguity. Everyone knows the Izzies have nukes, including on SSKs, but they haven’t made it official so the political/diplomatic fallout has been neglible.

A Pershing equivalent and SSKs with nuclear cruise missiles would be an adequate and cost-effective deterrent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s rather ambiguous because the US neither wants to antagonize them nor give tacit permission to go ahead and invade.

I think the plan was that the CCP would simply buy off the Taiwanese government and have them agree to reunification. This probably would have already worked,and may still in the future,if the CCP wasn’t so tone deaf and heavy handed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#6]
This is a few years old. If you can get by the sock puppet intro his videos are entertaining.

Could Chinese military really invade Taiwan if US was neutral? Part 1/2

Could Chinese military conquer Taiwan within a year? Part 2/2
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It’s rather ambiguous because the US neither wants to antagonize them nor give tacit permission to go ahead and invade.

I think the plan was that the CCP would simply buy off the Taiwanese government and have them agree to reunification. This probably would have already worked,and may still in the future,if the CCP wasn’t so tone deaf and heavy handed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After going full HAM on Hong Kong, no one has any illusions about what's in the cards for them with a CCP takeover.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
They need missile and aircraft deployable anti-ship mines.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top