Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's just dumb.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why aren't we blaming the SF team who went to pick up Bergdahl?

They could have refused the mission.

That's just dumb.

No shit.

I mean...they could have claimed he died in the crossfire of an ambush set at the pick up point....but refuse the mission? Not so much.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That's just dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just dumb.

Hell, that's putting it mildly.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
JSOC debated rescue mission due to belief he was a deserter

JSOC didn't want to risk lives for deserter

Commanders on the ground debated whether to pull the trigger on a rescue several times in recent years, according to one of the sources, a former high-level intelligence official in Afghanistan, who said the conclusion each time was that the prospect of losing highly trained troops was too high a price to pay for rescuing a soldier who walked away from his unit before being captured by the enemy.

A second source told The Washington Times that the rescue operation plans were “high risk” and became even less attractive in recent months when officials in the Pentagon’s Joint Special Operations Command grew convinced that the Taliban and the militant Haqqani network, whose operatives were holding Sgt. Bergdahl, were eager to cut a deal for his release.

Joint Special Operations Command always had the rescue mission on the table and it was entirely under their ownership, but the big question centered on whether Bergdahl was somebody you risk lives for when you still have time and space to maneuver diplomatically,” said the source, a high-level congressional aide, who, like the former intelligence official, spoke only on the condition of anonymity.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/2/pentagon-knew-berghdahls-whereabouts-but-didnt-ris/#ixzz33ZkF7eNh
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That did not happen,it's an urban legend. Posing on an AAA piece and legitimizing the North Vietnamese was bad enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets just tell it like it is!

"Bowe Bergdahl is Afghan's Jane Fonda "

He should be brought up on charges of Desertion under fire.

No one directly died because of that cunt!!

I'm pretty sure a couple of POWs were beat to death after she turned over a note they slipped her.

That did not happen,it's an urban legend. Posing on an AAA piece and legitimizing the North Vietnamese was bad enough.
While the slip of paper is an urban legend:

"Both the Snopes and Urban Legend versions confirm that a
prisoner, Michael Benge, was beaten by Vietnamese captors for
refusing to meet with Fonda."

http://reason.com/blog/2005/05/18/did-hanoi-jane-pass-notes-hand

But for her being in North Vietnam, Mr. Benge would not have been tortured on that occasion.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
A Muslim helping Muslims...my shocked face.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#7]
DU - The GOP is swift-boating Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025037326
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't "swift boating" just having those who served with someone tell the truth about how that person behaved?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Isn't "swift boating" just having those who served with someone tell the truth about how that person behaved?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes and I think it has become painfully obvious to all except libtards that Obama likes jihadists more than white Christian gun owners.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only silver lining is that this blowing up in Obama's face hard.  In comparison to other scandals, which the media slow rolled like a mofo, pretty much everybody and their uncle was on this one today.  That is breakneck speed for the sympathizer media.  CNN covered it all day, and not in an exactly friendly way.  Hell, even MSNBC dared to question it.  This is not going away, and is going to pick up steam all week.  By the time it is done, this really could be the President's biggest scandal ever.
View Quote

I've said it before- one can hope.  Oh man am I ever hoping.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure a couple of POWs were beat to death after she turned over a note they slipped her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets just tell it like it is!

"Bowe Bergdahl is Afghan's Jane Fonda "

He should be brought up on charges of Desertion under fire.

No one directly died because of that cunt!!

Many accounts I've read said that incident was fabricated.  I am open to convincing proof that it dd happen, though- as I certainly believe it is plausible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
BREAKING: Video Segment – Colonel David Hunt Says Bergdahl ‘Called His Unit the Day After He Deserted to Tell His Unit He Deserted…

“Bowe Bergdahl was a deserter. Bergdahl on June 20, 2009 crawled underneath a wire at his fire base with water, food, a change of clothes, a knife and a cell phone. He called his unit the day after he deserted to tell his unit he deserted… Bill, we lost 14 soldiers, killed, searching for a deserter. He left his unit in combat. It’s non-arguable… We don’t know yet if he joined the Taliban or not. But, there’s no question he deserted."

Quoted:
Many accounts I've read said that incident was fabricated.  I am open to convincing proof that it dd happen, though- as I certainly believe it is plausible.
View Quote

I'd also would be more than happy to hear any proof. I agree it's very plausible!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#13]

And I bet Team Obama thought this POW returning would take public attention away from the VA scandal.

If anything, it's just pissed off veterans even more!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And I bet Team Obama thought this POW returning would take public attention away from the VA scandal.

View Quote

Well, it kind of did... It's no longer on the front page and the only people that seem to care about it is us, because it directly impacts us. And this administration has proven time and time again, it doesn't give a flying fuck about vets or how pissed off we are, sooo it worked. It seems what they didn't expect, for some odd reason, is vets with firsthand knowledge of the situation coming out and shouting from the rooftops what really happened.

I really can't wrap my head around what could have been the endgame here. There was zero chance that there wasn't going to be backlash from this!

Also, no one is talking about Operation Choke Point. They obviously are terrible with trades, maybe they figured trading two scandals for one was a great deal.

ETA:
Or Sgt. Tahmoorsessi, so three scandals for one. See we're getting closer to the 5:1 magic number.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is the sort of thing that should make any die hard really question the loyalty Obama has to the country.
View Quote

The loyal Obama fans don't have the thinking capacity to question anything he does.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BREAKING: Video Segment – Colonel David Hunt Says Bergdahl ‘Called His Unit the Day After He Deserted to Tell His Unit He Deserted…

“Bowe Bergdahl was a deserter. Bergdahl on June 20, 2009 crawled underneath a wire at his fire base with water, food, a change of clothes, a knife and a cell phone. He called his unit the day after he deserted to tell his unit he deserted… Bill, we lost 14 soldiers, killed, searching for a deserter. He left his unit in combat. It’s non-arguable… We don’t know yet if he joined the Taliban or not. But, there’s no question he deserted."

I'd also would be more than happy to hear any proof. I agree it's very plausible!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hunt seems to be going of of more liberal estimates as to how many were killed during operations meant to find him or as a result of his actions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Guy at work was attached to a Seal Team (not a Seal himself but deployed with them) and he is fucking pissed.  He said his last deployment was spent almost exclusively gathering intel looking for this asshole.  I asked him if people died looking for him and he said "Oh yeah."
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heroes welcome for the Taliban 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDrQPK1Z9c
View Quote

Needs moar drone strike.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#22]
How Obama Convinced His Spies to Support the Taliban Prisoner Release

...But current U.S. intelligence and defense officials who spoke to The Daily Beast on Monday say the process for exchanging Taliban for Bergdahl this time was rushed and closely held, in some instances leaving little room for any push back against a policy clearly favored by the White House.

“This was an example of forcing the consensus,” one U.S. military official said. “The White House knew the answer they wanted and they ended up getting it.”

The White House did not even consult or inform Congress until after the prisoner release had begun. Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, told The Daily Beast, “Should we have gotten advance warning? I actually think so.” She added, “We had participated in a number of briefings some time ago [on a possible future deal] and there was considerable concern.”

At the end of the day, both Hagel and Clapper supported Obama’s decision. Hagel was willing to make the certification that the risk to U.S. interests posed by releasing the “Gitmo Five” was mitigated in part by the assurances of the Qatari government.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You know how domestic violence victims sometimes will call the police in tears, then immediately bond their abusive SO out of jail and be back with them in <24 hours?  

It kind of reminds me of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the sort of thing that should make any die hard really question the loyalty Obama has to the country.

The loyal Obama fans don't have the thinking capacity to question anything he does.

You know how domestic violence victims sometimes will call the police in tears, then immediately bond their abusive SO out of jail and be back with them in <24 hours?  

It kind of reminds me of that.

The only difference is the obama fans don't even know or recognize they are being hit. I think we're approaching 50% of this nation meeting DSM V Delusional.

DSM V: Delusions are fixed beliefs that are not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. Their content may include a variety of themes (e.g. persecutory, referential, somatic, religious, grandiose).[…] Delusions are deemed bizarre if they are clearly implausible and not understandable to same-culture peers and do not derive from ordinary life experiences. […] The distinction between a delusion and a strongly held idea is sometimes difficult to make and depends in part on the degree of conviction with which the belief is held despite clear or reasonable contradictory evidence regarding its veracity.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed. This is fucking amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When you think he can't go any lower, Obama never disappoints.

Agreed. This is fucking amazing.

keep paying attention, I don't think we have seen anything yet
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well at least BHO managed to get the VA scandal off of the front pages. That seems to be his game plan, just make a bigger fuck up than the current one he's receiving shit about to distract the twitter world then  repeat as often as necessary.

What a bunch of buffoons we have running this show.

View Quote

I wish they were just buffoons.

What we have is a mix of chicago organized crime bosses, a bunch of commies, and a smattering of doped out hippie commies actively transforming this country into a dung heap.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No shit.

I mean...they could have claimed he died in the crossfire of an ambush set at the pick up point....but refuse the mission? Not so much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just dumb.

No shit.

Or, wait bowe, get away from that open door, you're in a helicopter st 2500 feet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As soon as they got off the plane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK when does Qatar release them? 1 month, 6 months, a year?

As soon as they got off the plane.

I, for one, am shocked!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

This will be much easier for them to control Americans have very short memories......I saw this same thing with Bobby Garwood many years ago.
and other VA scandals that threatened other administrations as much as it does the current one...

spell the rasp in raspberry....r a s p .....spell the straw in strawberry...s t r a w....spell the fuck in justice...there ain't no fuck in justice.

I believe that there will be justice someday...but that day is not quite yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

At the end of the day, both Hagel and Clapper supported Obama’s decision. Hagel was willing to make the certification that the risk to U.S. interests posed by releasing the "Gitmo Five” was mitigated in part by the assurances of the Qatari government.
View Quote

What the fuck does that even mean????

"in part"??? What are the other mitigating parts?

"Assurances"??? WHAT assurances!? We've heard from Obama of absolutely ZERO assurances made by the Qatari gov't.

Hagel is exactly what he was predicted to be before his confirmation - a moronic buffoon whose only legacy will be to WEAKEN our national defenses.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Can we impeach and rid ourselves of the retards who voted him in in the first place?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

... can't we commence impeachment proceedings yet?
Can we impeach and rid ourselves of the retards who voted him in in the first place?

Exactly. Obama is not the problem. He is a symptom and result of it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#32]
In case this didn't make the thread yet.  It's getting "good"   Fox News reporter says,

"Great reporting from @JenGriffinFNC - new report: Berghdal left behind a note renouncing American citizenship...developing..."

https://twitter.com/Jennafnc/status/473852493286633472

From news reporter Byron York.

Byron York ?@ByronYork

"So US knew all along why Bergdahl left. Promoted him while gone, silenced his Army colleagues, now traded Gitmo terrorists for him…"

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/473791396366008320

And from Twitchy,

" ‘Getting worse by the hour’: FNC reports Bergdahl renounced US citizenship
Posted at 12:17 pm on June 3, 2014 by Twitchy Staff "

http://twitchy.com/2014/06/03/getting-worse-by-the-hour-fnc-reports-bergdahl-renounced-us-citizenship/

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In case this didn't make the thread yet.  It's getting "good"   Fox News reporter says,

"Great reporting from @JenGriffinFNC - new report: Berghdal left behind a note renouncing American citizenship...developing..."

Byron York ?@ByronYork

"So US knew all along why Bergdahl left. Promoted him while gone, silenced his Army colleagues, now traded Gitmo terrorists for him…"

And from Twitchy,

http://twitchy.com/2014/06/03/getting-worse-by-the-hour-fnc-reports-bergdahl-renounced-us-citizenship/

View Quote

Friggin hell...

How low can this administration go???

Someone needs to photoshop a limbo party with the Obama under a low stick. Caption it "Limbo to HELL".
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Byron York ?@ByronYork

And from Twitchy,

View Quote

Barack Obama. Fundamentally transforming America since 2009! Now with even MORE transforming!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Friggin hell...

Someone needs to photoshop a limbo party with the Obama under a low stick. Caption it "Limbo to HELL".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Byron York ?@ByronYork

And from Twitchy,

Friggin hell...

bowe made out like a bandit ..poison pill got his boys released and that was probably his understanding between his Taliban friends when they gave him back ...bazingaa good one ole boy
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#38]
A bit of devil's advocacy.

Once we leave Afghanistan, we have no basis for indefinitely holding Taliban members.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Once we leave Afghanistan, we have no basis for indefinitely holding Taliban members.
View Quote

Fine , fucking shoot them .

ETA:  After a trial of course
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't kill a POW unless it was violating LOAC.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Friggin hell...

View Quote

I doubt if we have seen the end of it. 'Limbo to Hell" is right.  Obama is going to take the US lower than the Marianas Trench.

I predict impeachment will follow by 2015.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you could not be a POW unless you were captured in a uniform of a nation?

On another note, this also means we just released these 5 with intimate knowledge of how interrogation techniques are used, most likely fluent in English and well versed in what Not to Fear about the US.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't they technically "unlawful combatants" not POWs?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I thought you could not be a POW unless you were captured in a uniform of a nation?

On another note, this also means we just released these 5 with intimate knowledge of how interrogation techniques are used, most likely fluent in English and well versed in what Not to Fear about the US.

TRG
View Quote

We've given Taliban members POW status.

Given that they were fighting for the state of Afghanistan, I don't think thats incorrect.

And I'm not sure about the uniform requirement. I know you don't have to do much to have a 'uniform.'
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our GITMO detainees are unlawful combatants, not POWs.  They are afforded no protection under the Geneva Convention or any other international treaties or accords.  We can hold them until they rot, and there is no law that says otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hunt seems to be going of of more liberal estimates as to how many were killed during operations meant to find him or as a result of his actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hunt is counting soldiers from other units that were killed during various attempts to find  Berger
Bergdandah.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:And to send Susan-freakin'-Rice out there to peddle this narrative?  Unreal... after Benghazi, she should be homeless and eating out of dumpsters... she has ZERO credibility.
View Quote

I think sending Rice on the Sunday talk show was by intentional design to rub everyone's nose in it.  As in, what are you gonna do about it?

That's right.  You'll do absolutely nothing, and we'll continue to do whatever the heck we want to, free from any constraints imposed by the Constitution, the law, or even common sense.  And we'll send out Susan Rice to lie some more just to rub salt in the wound.

Surely the Administration had to know about all this on Bergdahl was going to come out and blow up in their face.  The question is why.  

Just to distract from the VA?  Or is something much larger at play?

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think sending Rice on the Sunday talk show was by intentional design to rub everyone's nose in it.  As in, what are you gonna do about it?

That's right.  You'll do absolutely nothing, and we'll continue to do whatever the heck we want to, free from any constraints imposed by the Constitution, the law, or even common sense.  And we'll send out Susan Rice to lie some more just to rub salt in the wound.

Surely the Administration had to know about all this on Bergdahl was going to come out and blow up in their face.  The question is why.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:And to send Susan-freakin'-Rice out there to peddle this narrative?  Unreal... after Benghazi, she should be homeless and eating out of dumpsters... she has ZERO credibility.

It solves a problem:  What to do with 5 KNOWN to be DANGEROUS Taliban 'officers' being held at Guantanamo?  

You can't keep them in the States and you can't close Guantanamo until you have a place to put them. This allows them to move those top 5 guys out of Guantanamo.  Problem solved.

Now, since those 5 that Obama agreed are dangerous are gone then you can explain that the others remaining can be released because 'they really weren't that bad compared to those 5 that we were 'forced' to release to 'save a soldier'...

Once you release the five poisonous snakes, what harm is there in releasing all the non-venomous ones as well?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Maybe Kumami was right , great satan ..court of snakes and all that
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top