Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone needs to go in there like Conan the Barbarian.

Crush your enemies, take thier land, and fall asleep to the wailing lamentations of their women.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We were never going to do what needed to be done to actually, end the war.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edgy. Tell that to Pat Tillmans wife. Tell that to my buddy whose fiancé got splattered all over a mountain in Afghanistan. Tell that to Marcus Lutrell, Chapman, Cunningham and the thousands of others who never came back.

It IS our problem. If you start a war, you end the war. You stack bodies to the sky if that is what it takes. You eradicate the problem and ensure it never, ever comes back. So yes the instant we put troops on the ground in '01, it became our problem.

We were never going to do what needed to be done to actually, end the war.

This is obvious in hindsight. At the time it was different. Our chaplain was talking a war of civilizations. There was no ROE. It was the Wild West.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Not anymore.  But for some of us, there was a time when it WAS our circus, and they WERE our primates.   RIP my brothers .
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
America has fallen to insurrection.

Excuse me if I don’t give a damn.
View Quote

Isnt it amazing that as our country falls apart we have concerned people more worried about the rest of the world then their own country?

Some people would rather worry about about others as their own house burns.

Quoted:

It sure isn't the presidents
View Quote

He takes pride in be their shock trooper.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can you explain away the evidence that shows he was shot a close range?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A rumor. You help try to destroy a heroes reputation based on a fucking rumor? Written by this fuck--

"About Luke Ford
I've written five books (see Ama zon.c om). My work has been followed by the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and 60 Minutes. I teach Alexander Technique in Beverly Hills (Alexander90210.com)."

Holy fuck. Just log out.

Can you explain away the evidence that shows he was shot a close range?

Stop dude. No one wants to take the time to explain why you are wrong when you've consistently posted off topic bullshit in every thread. Unfortunately you will take down one or two members with your bait posts before you finally get banned.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FTR...

Marcus Lutrell came back and wrote a titled Lone Survivor, it was made in to a movie. He is now married and living on his ranch in Texas.
View Quote

I know I could have worded it better but I was lumping those that lost something with those who were lost. I should have separated them to make it easier to understand.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not like nobody knew what would happen to that clown circus of an army once we pulled  out of "Vietghanistan"!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Sucks to be them. We should have never been there in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, it wasn't. We already knew the region. We knew who had to be paid off to get access. We knew who the players were and where they would hide. We knew the no go zones.

We knew the four corners and for some reason decided instead of a quick, blast the shit out of the place, bomb the shit out of it from 50,000 feet and get the fuck out. Let's go big foot print. Big mistake.

If we were not prepared to fuck up Iran, make Pakistan our bitch and double dare Russia to fuck with us, do a bitch slap and get the fuck out.
View Quote

I was speaking of Iraq. As I said I was in the other war. There was no ROE in Mosul in 2004.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, it wasn't. We already knew the region. We knew who had to be paid off to get access. We knew who the players were and where they would hide. We knew the no go zones.

We knew the four corners and for some reason decided instead of a quick, blast the shit out of the place, bomb the shit out of it from 50,000 feet and get the fuck out. Let's go big foot print. Big mistake.

If we were not prepared to fuck up Iran, make Pakistan our bitch and double dare Russia to fuck with us, do a bitch slap and get the fuck out.
View Quote

Pretty much this. I mean what in gods name was Pakistan going to do? That was a major issue, Iran as well. We can take on just about any and all comers so that should have been the play. If things were on the up and up (of which I am unsure of) the Pakistan hiding of AQ and Taliban fighters would have been on the nightly news for the entire world to see. The Paki border is basically the equivalence of the Ho Chi Minh trail in Vietnam. Only we could really covertly attack it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was always taught to keep the last bullet or grenade for yourself.
No way I would ever be taken alive.
View Quote

Like I said, the Peshmerga, YPG, and YPJ have the right idea. You know what that one's for.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You and I (and everyone else reading this) know that NEVER would have happened.  It hasn’t happened since 1945 and it NEVER will again.  It is unfortunate because you are 100% correct but the reins will NEVER be removed again.

Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edgy. Tell that to Pat Tillmans wife. Tell that to my buddy whose fiancé got splattered all over a mountain in Afghanistan. Tell that to Marcus Lutrell, Chapman, Cunningham and the thousands of others who never came back.

It IS our problem. If you start a war, you end the war. You stack bodies to the sky if that is what it takes. You eradicate the problem and ensure it never, ever comes back. So yes the instant we put troops on the ground in '01, it became our problem.

You and I (and everyone else reading this) know that NEVER would have happened.  It hasn’t happened since 1945 and it NEVER will again.  It is unfortunate because you are 100% correct but the reins will NEVER be removed again.

Ever.

This. Absolutely
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I would have rather called arty in on myself if I ran out of ammo the surrender to those barbarians.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would have rather called arty in on myself if I ran out of ammo the surrender to those barbarians.
View Quote

If they still had arty I dont think we would be having the same discussion.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Never surrender.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Taliban have captured Spin Boldak(Kandahar), which sources say now makes all border towns connecting Afghanistan to other countries under Taliban control.

Seized millions of Rupees from the house of an Afghan Intel Colonel. Allegedly from India to finance terrorists in Pakistan.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's the whole rescue story from yesterday:

Afghan Special Forces, the elite fighters are on various frontlines across the country. I tagged along with these young men for some missions. Here is what happened in Kandahar today while they were on a rescue mission after spending the whole night on a combat mission. The objective was to extract a wounded policeman trapped by Taliban insurgents on the outskirts of Kandahar city for the last 18 hours. The particular district is contested between the government and the Taliban.

I could feel the tension in the air as ASF were expecting an imminent attack from the Taliban. There was sporadic machine gun fire but all hell broke loose as the Humvees reached the extraction point. Rocket propelled grenades (RPG) and other heavy weapon were used by the Taliban against the convoy resulting in the destruction of 3 Humvees. Gunners atop the Humvees swiveled wildly, aiming fire at suspected Taliban fighters who were hard to see. The Humvee in which I was travelling with other special forces was also targeted by at least 3 RPG rounds and other weapons. I was lucky to be safe and capture the visual of one of the rockets hitting the armour plate overhead.

Attachment Attached File

The attack continued as Afghan Special Forces retreated after successfully carrying out the extraction. Caught in the middle of this ambush were several Afghans who were trapped while one of them was this boy.

There were no immediate reports of deaths among the commando unit on Tuesday, and Shah, whose leg was injured in a grenade explosion, was successfully rescued.

After leaving the neighbourhood, some of the team made their way up to a hilltop police base to regroup along with Shah.
Got a 15 minute break during almost 15 hours of back to back missions.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd say they fought bravely and died with their honor intact unlike most of their comrades.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Taliban have captured Spin Boldak(Kandahar), which sources say now makes all border towns connecting Afghanistan to other countries under Taliban control.

Seized millions of Rupees from the house of an Afghan Intel Colonel. Allegedly from India to finance terrorists in Pakistan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6QcbkAXoAAp6aV?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6QcdSZWUAMNpQj?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Did the Taliban take Torkham Gate? That’s the most important border crossing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Remember this when Sharia comes to your town.
Better to die on your feet than die on your knees.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the movie Marcus Lutrell mad it home.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From what I have read the commandos were one of the few groups in the Afghan military that mostly had their shit together. And the article says they fought until their ammo ran out instead of surrendering immediately like their ANA ANP comrades usually do.

So I won’t make an edgy indifferent post.
View Quote

The Taliban were afraid of having to fight them again it seems.  RIP Commandoes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6QcbkAXoAAp6aV?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6QcdSZWUAMNpQj?format=jpg&name=medium

@wreckshooter

Torkham is the only one left it looks like, although Taliban social media was showing fighters all over the area.

edit:

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Absolute bullshit... if the US wanted to they could paste half the planet overnight and make it shake and glow. THe US played with a limited set of ROE drafted by spineless communist politicians more interested in how the war would effect their portfolios rather than keeping US servicemen safe and allowing them to win the war.

The idea that if the US got fully mobilized and couldnt beat some shithole like AFghanistan is beyond laughable..  I mean really what would those Taliban fucks do if you guys went stoneage and sent everything you had.. Nothing because next to the US all other nations militarily are second place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasnt Pat Tillman beyond the wire without permission so he could get a Blow Job from a female reporter?

Hate to break it to you, some are are just not winnable or worth it, we were never going to get these people to change their culture, belief system, etc.

It was all a crock to go in, and make billions for the MIC, all the while undermining our rights at home.

What caused 9/11? Failure of agencies to communicate, a fear of be seen as “racist” and above all a an immigration system that is design to import the most backwards and hostile people into our country.

Absolute bullshit... if the US wanted to they could paste half the planet overnight and make it shake and glow. THe US played with a limited set of ROE drafted by spineless communist politicians more interested in how the war would effect their portfolios rather than keeping US servicemen safe and allowing them to win the war.

The idea that if the US got fully mobilized and couldnt beat some shithole like AFghanistan is beyond laughable..  I mean really what would those Taliban fucks do if you guys went stoneage and sent everything you had.. Nothing because next to the US all other nations militarily are second place.

Laughable but totally true. Our military is not built for nation building, not built for sustained combat in extreme climates, and wasn't trained to communicate natively with the Afghans.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Stop dude. No one wants to take the time to explain why you are wrong when you've consistently posted off topic bullshit in every thread. Unfortunately you will take down one or two members with your bait posts before you finally get banned.
View Quote

So you can’t or won’t, man you guys just really do not like handling reality all that much.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And the other poster’s point is?
View Quote

You lost the initiative, op.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for your service.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No.  He’s his own worst enemy.

The bad habit of pissing  on the graves of dead soldiers, and the tendency to blame it all on the Jews tends to catch up to you , here in GD…
View Quote

And yet the MODS do nothing about it...
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#35]
It's interesting that the Taliban are saying that it's a fake video.

This seems to happen in every war. Remember that scene in Band of Brothers?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#36]
"I told myself that I'm not going to do that, and as long as I have a gun, why I should give up?"

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's interesting that the Taliban are saying that it's a fake video.

This seems to happen in every war. Remember that scene in Band of Brothers?
View Quote

Yea no one believes them

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As some of you may recall, that summer prior to 9/11, the Taliban destroyed the giant Buddhas in Afghanistan.

The Liberals OUTRAGED.  Once we later began fighting the Taliban, their outrage waned.  Sure, the Taliban didn't let women and girls go to school, and they murdered Gay people, BUT they were an enemy of the United States, so that gives them a pass in the eyes of the Left.

It will be interesting to see this time around how the Liberals respond to the Taliban slaughtering gays and women, and not letting little girls learn to read.
View Quote

It will be ignored completely like the Uyghurs. We might see mental gymnastics as someone tries to blame the US occupation as the reason why the Taliban has to resort to those tactics.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Isnt it amazing that as our country falls apart we have concerned people more worried about the rest of the world then their own country?

Some people would rather worry about about others as their own house burns.

View Quote

Those South Africa threads are popular.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Real leadership consolidates power.

Taliban owns Afghanistan.  US intervention was an irrelevant sideshow.

Anyone who didn't see this outcome deserves the bewilderment and heartache they have.  Just like Iraq.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That is tragic. I'd never make light of their sacrifice.

We have no control over the fate of Afghanistan.  If we were willing to colonize it or turn it over to the administration of a new East India Trading Company we could probably make a go of it, but that wasn't "politically correct" so we didn't do so. Instead we handed the fate of Afghanistan to Afghanistan and yet tied our military success to them resulting in a outcome we couldn't control.

However, this rapid withdrawal of U.S. forces has been terrible executed. What should have been done is that an interim plan should have been in place to "privatize the war" in Afghanistan.  Allow the Afghan government with Western financial assistance to hire private military contractors to supplement their ranks for the next ten years.  A large presence of private military contractors could have helped ease the nation into a transition period and just may have prevented the chaos we're currently seeing.

We have seen disfunctional small corrupt governments defeat insurgencies through the use of private military companies (see Executive Outcomes work in Africa).   It can be done, but the West has some P.C. aversion to the use of mercenaries for some reason even if it would save lives and protect our interests.
View Quote

Erik Prince proposed something similar years ago. The politicians and generals would never allow it, because to allow them a chance to succeed with PMCs, would be an admission of their own failures of strategy and generalship.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In the movie Marcus Lutrell made it home.
View Quote

He made it home in the book too. And in real life. He took a tremendous pummeling but he got home. Unlike his fellow team mates.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#45]
LOL another thread where Rusty busts out the high school debate letter jacket and lectures actual experts on their business, while shitting on men who have actually done something with themselves.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#46]
In that case I look forward to seeing you in Cuba!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
LOL another thread where Rusty busts out the high school debate letter jacket and lectures actual experts on their business, while shitting on men who have actually done something with themselves.
View Quote

Join date post count is usually accurate. Surprised more people haven't just ignored the guy by now. Wastes less energy than arguing with an obvious retread or troll.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#48]
What idiot surrenders to those religious nut jobs?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you can’t or won’t, man you guys just really do not like handling reality all that much.
View Quote

The reality is you're a lesser sentience compared to the men doing the fighting and dying. In that same situation, away from your keyboard, you'd be meat for hungry carrion and wild dogs.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not our problem.
View Quote

Well it is kinda our problem again. The Taliban are getting our weapons and equipment that we supplied making them a worse foe than they were. Pull out the ground troops for the most part, but I say bomb the shit out of them a few times a month.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top