Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Germans and Koreans. How far along were both those countries after 20 years? Still shitting in holes in the ground?

View Quote

Look at the national average IQ of both those nations, then look at Astan...Then get back to us.

Quoted:
I always love reading the edgy GD responses to stuff like this. It really helps reinforce just how clueless most folks are.

These dudes just gave their lives fighting for their country, which is an incredibly honorable sacrifice in its own right.

Even more so when you consider that they fought until they exhausted every round of ammunition and probably knew reinforcements were not coming and they were going to die regardless.

And most of those commandos are legit fighters with legit tactics and have been doing some pretty gangster shit for a long time.

All things that should be commended.

Yet here we are, in America, witnessing the erosion of our rights and the destruction of our country and most of you are on here shit posting from the comfort of your parents' basement, too lazy to do anything about it.

...All the while mocking a group of guys who made the ultimate sacrifice.

The irony is palpable.
View Quote

Yeah, its not that we are not going to fight at the wrong time, or just do something NOW and have the entire weight of the Federal Thugs come down on us, right? Not like wait for the right time, right? Nah.

So what have you done?

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus

:

Really?   Piss on his grave, huh?  You seem to make a habit of pissing on the graves of better men than you.

You start threads about how you don’t respect service members, and now you shit on Pat Tillman?

Pat Tillman is a FAR better man than you will ever be, and you you know it.

For that matter, those Commandos are better men than you, as well.
View Quote

Where did I piss on his grave? Its a well know rumor that is how he got himself killed.

But if you want to read up on who really did kill Tillman, this link will really fit the bill rather nicely.
https://lukeford.net/blog/?p=12409

No, I asked GD if recent events in the Armed Forces has caused THEM, PESERONALLY to lose respect in the institution of the armed forces, you would know that if you were not a dishonest person.

Now, if you would like to dispute this claim, fine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Are these the guys who were abandoned by the AFghan Army?

like, they called for back up, and it never came?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
No surprise that they were killed.  Hope it was quick for all of them.  More than I would expect from them.  And our Western way of fighting wars was heavily influenced by the 30 years war, in which those fighting didn't have much if anything in the way of ROE.  When fighting animals, I kind of like Armaud Amary's ROE " Caedite Eos, Novit Einem Dio", my apologies for the poor latin.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I was always taught to keep the last bullet or grenade for yourself.
No way I would ever be taken alive.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tough break but consider this, had it not been for US arrogance they would have been tending their farms and killing each other off in their spare time anyway.
View Quote

You know use of logic and reason is not looked kindly upon here, right?

Quoted:
Wrong.

View Quote

Only he isnt.
Quoted:

We didn't start a war with them.

They are what typically happens in any 3rd world county, cut the head off one bad guy and a second grows back.
View Quote

And if you say "I am not playing wack a mole with the 3rd world" they look at you like you are growing 3 heads.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wish we never made it our problem.
View Quote

All you have to do is leave, leave, never go back, and NEVER ALLOW THEM INTO THE HOMELAND AGAIN, and they will not be a problem.

Quoted:

Let me guess…

The Neo-Con, Zionist, International Bankers?
View Quote

If the boot fits.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a lesson here....    
1. Don't surrender
2. Might as well go down swinging.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
My last time there I we arrested 2 ANA for being Talibs. I always had the thought in the back of my mind they are going to shoot us in the back. Now that they are back in control, they are going to kill all the family of anyone who aided America
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Edgy. Tell that to Pat Tillmans wife. Tell that to my buddy whose fiancé got splattered all over a mountain in Afghanistan. Tell that to Marcus Lutrell, Chapman, Cunningham and the thousands of others who never came back.

It IS our problem. If you start a war, you end the war. You stack bodies to the sky if that is what it takes. You eradicate the problem and ensure it never, ever comes back. So yes the instant we put troops on the ground in '01, it became our problem.
View Quote

If the Soviets could not do it, there is no chance our snowflake government will do what needs to be done to end it over there.

Always have two bullets left, one for the enemy and one for yourself.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The problem is though, this nation never recognized it as a War.  A Declaration of War was never declared by the Congress, the people of this nation were never mobilized to win it.

I'll never forget George Bush telling us to go buy DVD players after 9/11, because that's how we'd defeat the terrorists by living our lives as usual.

I'm all for winning in Afghanistan, but we gave up trying to do that when we turned over the political governance of Afghanistan to the Afghans.  The military outcome was tied to the success of the Afghan government, a government we influenced as best as we could, but couldn't directly control.  It doomed our us in Afghanistan.

People who can't read and write and who have barely ventured out of their local tribal areas their entire lives are not ready to carry out a sophisticated Constitutional Republic. What did we honestly expect?  

Should be an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that the U.S. can never again attempt to nation build in a place where an active civil war is being carried out.  Before we showed up the Afghan people were in the middle of a long civil war between various factions. Iraq was a dictatorship that kept at bay an ethnic civil war. Vietnam was essentially a civil war between the North and the South.  We need to learn our lesson, it's been a costly lesson.  No more nation building in the middle of a civil war, it's not the ideal time to do so clearly.
View Quote

interesting
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Edgy. Tell that to Pat Tillmans wife. Tell that to my buddy whose fiancé got splattered all over a mountain in Afghanistan. Tell that to Marcus Lutrell, Chapman, Cunningham and the thousands of others who never came back.

It IS our problem. If you start a war, you end the war. You stack bodies to the sky if that is what it takes. You eradicate the problem and ensure it never, ever comes back. So yes the instant we put troops on the ground in '01, it became our problem.
View Quote

Beers on me if you are ever in Idaho!

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn guys, wtf. No its not our 'problem' but some of these men likely trained and fought with Americans... to meet such a brutal, undignified death at the hands of the f'n taliban is sad. You can disdain the politics and still eschew callousness towards these men.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m sure China will do better.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am not sure what this post means but the one thing I am sure of is that it is made by someone who was never in Afghanistan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only we had built libraries there for Drag Queen Readings.

I am not sure what this post means but the one thing I am sure of is that it is made by someone who was never in Afghanistan.
I think it's sarcasm. The Dems think that kind of forced indoctrination fixes all the problems in our society.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From what I have read the commandos were one of the few groups in the Afghan military that mostly had their shit together. And the article says they fought until their ammo ran out instead of surrendering immediately like their ANA ANP comrades usually do.

So I won’t make an edgy indifferent post.
View Quote

Agreed, the commandos are actually good soldiers and it's a sad situation all around.
However, it's still good that we're withdrawing. It's clear that the majority of Afghan people are indifferent to their government at best, so it's a fool's errand for us to stay there fighting the Taliban.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Beers on me if you are ever in Idaho!

View Quote

Sure thing! Also, to the poster about Lutrell. I know he is alive. I mentioned him in the same way as my friend who lost something there. Great fact about my buddy. I was working in the squadron intel shop about 4 years after his fiancé got killed and the shop got a package. I opened it up and what did I find? A beat up broken screen tough book computer with stains on it. I flipped it over and there was, covered in dried blood the aircrafts callsign. Good chance it was my buddies fiancé's' blood. My friend was over in the squadron and I thought for a moment about telling him. I talked to my civilian guy and we decided the best was not to and trash it, so I did.

This war touched so many in all parts of the world. All for nothing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I always love reading the edgy GD responses to stuff like this. It really helps reinforce just how clueless most folks are.

These dudes just gave their lives fighting for their country, which is an incredibly honorable sacrifice in its own right.

Even more so when you consider that they fought until they exhausted every round of ammunition and probably knew reinforcements were not coming and they were going to die regardless.

And most of those commandos are legit fighters with legit tactics and have been doing some pretty gangster shit for a long time.

Yet here we are, in America, witnessing the erosion of our rights and the destruction of our country and most of you are on here shit posting from the comfort of your parents' basement, too lazy to do anything about it.

The irony is palpable.
View Quote

Well said.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not to demean the dead, but their sacrifices were in vain, and I can confidently state that any if them that had been boots on ground for more than a week, they knew it.  They were fighting for their oaths, and their buddies, not because they had any illusion that we had a chance of "winning".
View Quote

We live in an era where the truth is hateful to those who hate the truth because they love their lies most of all.

More over the greatest threats to our happiness, health, wealth, property and Liberty are not in some cave in in the middle East, but here in our homeland, in the seats of power in our states and nation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Don’t even try it.  You asked if “ANYONE  ELSE” has lost respect….  That’s as much a statement as a question.

You’re not fooling anyone.

Especially yourself.
View Quote

"Has the institution become diminished in your eyes?"

You clearly are lying here guy. So how about you stop digging while your behind and kindly bug out? Ok? Great.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think it's sarcasm. The Dems think that kind of forced indoctrination fixes all the problems in our society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Implying dems ever have a desire to fix rather then ruin.

Quoted:

You don’t even pretend, huh?

Many great books lay out the facts, not my fault if you shut your eyes to said facts, they are still real and still true no matter all your naysaying.

Quoted:
Damn guys, wtf. No its not our 'problem' but some of these men likely trained and fought with Americans... to meet such a brutal, undignified death at the hands of the f'n taliban is sad. You can disdain the politics and still eschew callousness towards these men.

As we said, we are done caring, this was always the outcome in question, no matter if we as 10 years ago or 10 years for now. We have all the watches, Apaches, C130s, etc but they had all the time.

And for what? More of young men to die and be wounded? More contracts to Lockheed, Boeing, and Colt? More of the loss of our basic freedoms?

You just do not get it, we are done caring about the world as our home burns. You do you, we will do us.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
And just like with Colonel Azimi's unit wiped out 2 weeks ago, the central government failed to provide backup because these true patriots of Afghanistan were a threat to Ashraf Ghani's Presidency.

He would rather good men DIE and the Taliban gain ground, than to back up the actual fighters, then those who actually fought to keep the country free, would challenge Ghani for the Presidency.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]
So, what was accomplished overall? My observations are that we get into these conflicts, spend vast amounts of resources, spend years and years there then leave. Then the enemy retakes everything we gained as we leave the defense to the locals who quickly give up or get overrun, not to mention all the equipment we leave behind.

For such a 1st world superpower, not quantifiably justified. Unless there are covert objectives the populace is not aware of.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not our problem.
View Quote

Afghani doing Afghani type things........

Rudyard Kipling

The Young British Soldier
When the 'arf-made recruity goes out to the East
'E acts like a babe an' 'e drinks like a beast,
An' 'e wonders because 'e is frequent deceased
  Ere 'e's fit for to serve as a soldier.
     Serve, serve, serve as a soldier,
        So-oldier OF the Queen!

Now all you recruities what's drafted to-day,
You shut up your rag-box an' 'ark to my lay,
An' I'll sing you a soldier as far as I may:
  A soldier what's fit for a soldier.
     Fit, fit, fit for a soldier . . .

First mind you steer clear o' the grog-sellers' huts,
For they sell you Fixed Bay'nets that rots out your guts --
Ay, drink that 'ud eat the live steel from your butts --
  An' it's bad for the young British soldier.
     Bad, bad, bad for the soldier . . .

When the cholera comes -- as it will past a doubt --
Keep out of the wet and don't go on the shout,
For the sickness gets in as the liquor dies out,
  An' it crumples the young British soldier.
     Crum-, crum-, crumples the soldier . . .

But the worst o' your foes is the sun over'ead:
You must wear your 'elmet for all that is said:
If 'e finds you uncovered 'e'll knock you down dead,
  An' you'll die like a fool of a soldier.
     Fool, fool, fool of a soldier . . .

If you're cast for fatigue by a sergeant unkind,
Don't grouse like a woman nor crack on nor blind;
Be handy and civil, and then you will find
  That it's beer for the young British soldier.
     Beer, beer, beer for the soldier . . .

Now, if you must marry, take care she is old --
A troop-sergeant's widow's the nicest I'm told,
For beauty won't help if your rations is cold,
  Nor love ain't enough for a soldier.
     'Nough, 'nough, 'nough for a soldier . . .

If the wife should go wrong with a comrade, be loath
To shoot when you catch 'em -- you'll swing, on my oath! --
Make 'im take 'er and keep 'er:  that's Hell for them both,
  An' you're shut o' the curse of a soldier.
     Curse, curse, curse of a soldier . . .

When first under fire an' you're wishful to duck,
Don't look nor take 'eed at the man that is struck,
Be thankful you're livin', and trust to your luck
  And march to your front like a soldier.
     Front, front, front like a soldier . . .

When 'arf of your bullets fly wide in the ditch,
Don't call your Martini a cross-eyed old bitch;
She's human as you are -- you treat her as sich,
  An' she'll fight for the young British soldier.
     Fight, fight, fight for the soldier . . .

When shakin' their bustles like ladies so fine,
The guns o' the enemy wheel into line,
Shoot low at the limbers an' don't mind the shine,
  For noise never startles the soldier.
     Start-, start-, startles the soldier . . .

If your officer's dead and the sergeants look white,
Remember it's ruin to run from a fight:
So take open order, lie down, and sit tight,
  And wait for supports like a soldier.
     Wait, wait, wait like a soldier . . .

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
  An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
     Go, go, go like a soldier,
        So-oldier of the Queen!

funny how much things change they tend to remain the same.
In other words, assholes in shithole countries tend to do shithole things.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do the world a favor and turn it to glass
View Quote

I concur. Make it truly be 'the graveyard of empires'.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
May 1 , 1975

Former Republic of South Vietnam
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You gentlemen here are way smarter than me on this topic but I just don't understand why the need to withdraw?

We've had troops in Germany for far longer, troops in Korea (no war declared) as well. I don't see why we couldn't leave bases there and at least conduct air operations.
View Quote

Having US troops there was slowing down China's take over, Xi asked Xiden to leave?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Moral of the story: don’t run out of ammo until the enemy is dead or withdrawn.
View Quote

This. Under no circumstances sit in place until you’re resources are expended. Act while you can.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Look at the national average IQ of both those nations, then look at Astan...Then get back to us.

Yeah, its not that we are not going to fight at the wrong time, or just do something NOW and have the entire weight of the Federal Thugs come down on us, right? Not like wait for the right time, right? Nah.

So what have you done?

Where did I piss on his grave? Its a well know rumor that is how he got himself killed.

But if you want to read up on who really did kill Tillman, this link will really fit the bill rather nicely.
https://lukeford.net/blog/?p=12409

No, I asked GD if recent events in the Armed Forces has caused THEM, PESERONALLY to lose respect in the institution of the armed forces, you would know that if you were not a dishonest person.

Now, if you would like to dispute this claim, fine.
View Quote

A rumor. You help try to destroy a heroes reputation based on a fucking rumor? Written by this fuck--

"About Luke Ford
I've written five books (see Ama zon.c om). My work has been followed by the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and 60 Minutes. I teach Alexander Technique in Beverly Hills (Alexander90210.com)."

Holy fuck. Just log out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#33]
America has fallen to insurrection.

Excuse me if I don’t give a damn.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The irony is palpable.
View Quote

They’re dead and the Taliban will win.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not to demean the dead, but their sacrifices were in vain, and I can confidently state that any if them that had been boots on ground for more than a week, they knew it.  They were fighting for their oaths, and their buddies, not because they had any illusion that we had a chance of "winning".
View Quote

It wasn’t like that at the beginning.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

FTR...

Marcus Lutrell came back and wrote a titled Lone Survivor, it was made in to a movie. He is now married and living on his ranch in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No surprise that they were killed.  Hope it was quick for all of them.  More than I would expect from them.  And our Western way of fighting wars was heavily influenced by the 30 years war, in which those fighting didn't have much if anything in the way of ROE.  When fighting animals, I kind of like Armaud Amary's ROE " Caedite Eos, Novit Einem Dio", my apologies for the poor latin.
View Quote

Our earliest story is the Iliad. The siege of Troy. While the 30 years war was certainly influencing it followed a tradition thousands of years old of total war in the west.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The irony is palpable.

Your point?

I would not advise my countrymen to follow their example. I was in the other war.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#40]
100% agree!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wasnt Pat Tillman beyond the wire without permission so he could get a Blow Job from a female reporter?

Hate to break it to you, some are are just not winnable or worth it, we were never going to get these people to change their culture, belief system, etc.

It was all a crock to go in, and make billions for the MIC, all the while undermining our rights at home.

What caused 9/11? Failure of agencies to communicate, a fear of be seen as “racist” and above all a an immigration system that is design to import the most backwards and hostile people into our country.
View Quote

Hello fellow firearms enthusiast. Do you dream of electric sheep?

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100000 01100110 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01100110 01101001 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110010 01101101 01110011 00100000 01100101 01101110 01110100 01101000 01110101 01110011 01101001 01100001 01110011 01110100 00101110 00100000 01000100 01101111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100101 01100011 01110100 01110010 01101001 01100011 00100000 01110011 01101000 01100101 01100101 01110000 00111111 00100000
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The irony is palpable.
View Quote

As a South Vietnamese this reply speaks volume.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Let me guess…

The Neo-Con, Zionist, International Bankers?
View Quote

It sure isn't the presidents
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

100%..eradicate
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don’t even try it.  You shit Pat Tillman’s grave here in this thread, and insist that you would never do such a thing.  Except in that other thread, where you swear you didn’t do what you were obviously doing.

Or did the Zionist Bankers trick you into behaving this way?  lol
View Quote

Only I am trying it because it is what is posted on the thread, anyone who would visit it would see that you are lying.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2464351_Anyone-else-lost-a-great-deal-of-respect-trust-in-the-Armed-Forces-.html

Merely was asking if that old story had any truth to it, but hey, you wanna get mad, play a victim, great, to it someone who gives a damn about your opinion, because I clearly sir do not have a damn to give you for your opinion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you were defending your city against an enemy like the Taliban, and you fought until you ran out of ammo, what would YOU do?

I fought as an advisor a few times.  Sometimes just me with them.  I always had a grenade mounted to the center of my chest. But I also had the ability to call for help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The irony is palpable.

Your point?

I would not advise my countrymen to follow their example. I was in the other war.

If you were defending your city against an enemy like the Taliban, and you fought until you ran out of ammo, what would YOU do?

I fought as an advisor a few times.  Sometimes just me with them.  I always had a grenade mounted to the center of my chest. But I also had the ability to call for help.

You were there. Surrender was not an option.

ETA they had to get out of there while they still had the ability to fight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A rumor. You help try to destroy a heroes reputation based on a fucking rumor? Written by this fuck--

"About Luke Ford
I've written five books (see Ama zon.c om). My work has been followed by the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and 60 Minutes. I teach Alexander Technique in Beverly Hills (Alexander90210.com)."

Holy fuck. Just log out.
View Quote

Can you explain away the evidence that shows he was shot a close range?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Marcus Luttrell came back.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top