Quoted:

Full vid. Can't believe he anchored him at the end

https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/status/1611808197316075521
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there an extended version that shows the whole enchilada?

Most of the videos are from Channel 11 Houston and to avoid glamorizing gun violence, they stop at the point the Citizen pulls out his gun - they don't show the first shot, much less the last ones.

Bigger_Hammer

Full vid. Can't believe he anchored him at the end

https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/status/1611808197316075521

Don’t squeeze so hard you will break your pearls
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
We need common sense anchor shots legislation. Think of the children.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Who is our snake bit Houstonian? This is the kind of shit that happens to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screen name?

Who is our snake bit Houstonian? This is the kind of shit that happens to him.

I'll be Damn, it sure does sound like a Nathaniel_Hawkins thread!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing to keep in mind for the "it's only a toy gun" crowd.  He picked it up, placed it on the table and did not recognize it as a fake until he inspected it a SECOND time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't give two shits that he anchored him at the end.  Would I?  Nope.  But I don't care that he did.

Guy deserves a medal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't give two shits that he anchored him at the end.  Would I?  Nope.  But I don't care that he did.

Guy deserves a medal.
View Quote

My hot take as well buuuut he’s going to be loved not so tenderly by the DA. The anchor AND not sticking around or reaching out after the fact is going to fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sort of want to move to TX unless FL gets it together and allows constitutional carry with open carry.
View Quote

FL will have to un-ban binaries before I consider moving there
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can't remember exactly where in Texas, I think it was Dallas, a scrap yard owner shot 2 or 3 thieves in the space of a month and the PD kept taking his shotguns.  

A reporter tried to paint him as a vigilante psycho and got fired, and the public bought him a new shotgun.  

I'd pitch in to get the carnal/compinche/guey a new gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And a new truck and free voucher for a new gun.

I can't remember exactly where in Texas, I think it was Dallas, a scrap yard owner shot 2 or 3 thieves in the space of a month and the PD kept taking his shotguns.  

A reporter tried to paint him as a vigilante psycho and got fired, and the public bought him a new shotgun.  

Able Walton. I think it was arfcommers who got him the new shotgun. The reporter who ambushed Able outside the store, Rebecca Aguilar, was a piece of shit who treated my wife (then gf) like crap when her house was hit in a tornado because she wasn't sad enough before going on camera. Fuck her. She lost her job and her lawsuit against Fox. Still unemployed
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My hot take as well buuuut he’s going to be loved not so tenderly by the DA. The anchor AND not sticking around or reaching out after the fact is going to fuck him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guy deserves a medal.

That's why it's important not to shirk jury duty.

In a civil case I'd find for deceased's estate owed the shooter ten bucks for the dinner he had to walk away from.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe, but here in Texas.
If you have a reason to shoot you can shoot until the threat is no longer a threat (and that would be subjective).
Also no law that says you have to stick around so to speak.

There was a article in the local news about this with a lawyer discussing these very issues in this case.
As for me I hope he remains a unidentified subject.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you have a reason to shoot you can shoot until the threat is no longer a threat (and that would be subjective).

There was a article in the local news about this with a lawyer discussing these very issues in this case.
View Quote

If true, that's a good law.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#12]
That ninth shot didn't help his tactical situation even a little but it sure hurt him strategically/legally.  I guess he can argue he was attempting to prevent the robber from fleeing as described in 9.41.  Jury might be sympathetic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why have a jury system when we have video?

You know the perp was unarmed and unable to respond how?

Where did that volley of shots hit?

Has anyone ever been shot multiple times and still been able to respond?

It's thinking like yours that is turning the tables and making law abiding, armed citizens instant suspects and criminals if they don't defend themselves as you dictate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I just saw the full video where the shooter fires several shots.

He fires a volley of shots and the bad guy goes down. He continues to shoot as the bad guy is down, with 8 shots being fired.

Then a 9th shot happens after about a two and a half second delay at point blank.

The actions and body language in the video on the second volley of shots and especially on that last shot are not self defense.

So it's no wonder Houston PD wants to talk to the guy. It's a pretty solid murder case assuming the jury doesn't nullify because of the "he fucking deserved it" defense.

It's thinking like yours that is turning the tables and making law abiding, armed citizens instant suspects and criminals if they don't defend themselves as you dictate.

I think we're talking past each other by not asking the right question.

"Why would someone who's broken no law by defending themselves feel that they should leave the scene rather than staying to talk to the cops?"

The answer keeps coming up that we don't trust The State to not punish us for doing something completely within our rights to do.

The process has become the punishment and many people are fully aware of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I saw his hand twitch when he was on the ground. He might have been going for another gun.  The shooter probably saw it too, he was really close. Didn’t a cop shoot an unarmed guy in an Arizona hotel hallway because he moved his hands?  Did he get prosecuted?

Hmm…
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That ninth shot didn't help his tactical situation even a little but it sure hurt him strategically/legally.  I guess he can argue he was attempting to prevent the robber from fleeing as described in 9.41.  Jury might be sympathetic.
View Quote

Tunnel vision, OODA loop, man in the arena....
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If (big if) he's smart enough to shut his mouth and let a good lawyer do the talking for him then he stands a chance.  If he starts talking he'll fuck himself.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tunnel vision, OODA loop, man in the arena....
View Quote

There's lots of arguments you can make.  That ninth shot means you stand a good chance of getting to make them though, and it didn't improve his tactical situation any, though as you pointed out, he may not have felt that way in the moment.  He's lawyered up at least.  The prosecutor has no real incentive to go after him; and he's likely to find a sympathetic grand jury or jury in Houston.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#18]
The Reddit takes on this are absolutely delicious
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Friend of mine trains BJJ with a Harris County ADA. He asked him about this situation this morning. The ADA wouldn’t talk about it. Not one word or comment.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Friend of mine trains BJJ with a Harris County ADA. He asked him about this situation this morning. The ADA wouldn’t talk about it. Not one word or comment.
View Quote

No answer is an answer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#21]
First thought is this is why you don't mess with old dudes.  Second thing is pay attention to how calm his companion is. Going to be interesting to hear the background on these two.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First thought is this is why you don't mess with old dudes.  Second thing is pay attention to how calm his companion is. Going to be interesting to hear the background on these two.
View Quote

I don't think that guy is an old dude, probably close to 40.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#23]
We should be hearing something about the dead guy by now. Usually the their family would be on the news by now talking about how their saint of a family member didn’t deserve to be shot.

Also by now the Quanell X types should be expressing their outrage.

But nothing. Crickets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We should be hearing something about the dead guy by now. Usually the their family would be on the news by now talking about how their saint of a family member didn’t deserve to be shot.

But nothing. Crickets.
View Quote

The family(if any) probably doesn't have enough money to buy quannel's grief.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Reddit takes on this are absolutely delicious
View Quote
The fools on reddit are probably making apologizes for the deceased, and excusing his behavior by claiming that he was probably stealing so he'd have money to feed his homeless adopted children and put them through college or some such bullshit. It's almost a fucking meme with those people at this point. Someone dressed nicer than I do steals from decent honest people or stores, and they blame it on hunger, climate change, or anything they possibly can besides greed and sloth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would agree outside Harris Co (HOU,) and eventually they’ll find him unless he can disappear over the border. If I was on the jury I would say not guilty but he should hire one hell of a lawyer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Judging by the look of his truck, I doubt he can afford a lawyer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Death Wish 3: They Killed the Giggler!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Judging by the look of his truck, I doubt he can afford a lawyer.
View Quote

I don’t see why he should have to pay a lawyer. It wasn’t his fault that scumbag showed up and disturbed his meal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I had that thought early on. I've seen plenty of videos of bad guys getting favela justice, and the shooter's actions kinda had that vibe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there an extended version that shows the whole enchilada?

Most of the videos are from Channel 11 Houston and to avoid glamorizing gun violence, they stop at the point the Citizen pulls out his gun - they don't show the first shot, much less the last ones.

Bigger_Hammer

Oh man haha. Looked like a mag dump with an anchor shot.

It'll be interesting to see how this goes for him.

First four shots are easy to justify.

Next four get progressively harder to justify.

Final shot looks like either a negligent discharge, or an FU anchor shot.

Having said that, I have never been in that position and hope that day never comes.

He might be from Brazil originally. They allow that in Brazil. Might even encourage it.

I had that thought early on. I've seen plenty of videos of bad guys getting favela justice, and the shooter's actions kinda had that vibe.

Those I saw were mostly undercover cops shooting the hell out of armed robbers. They don't seem too concerned about unjustified use of force/ going too far after the guns come out. The state helicopter ripping up a neighborhood with MG fire while chasing a drug dealer car kinda gives you a feel for the place...
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that all homicides in Texas get presented to a grand jury...am I wrong about that?

If not, they have to go through the process of an investigation the whole way including identifying all the major players and getting statements.

The video tells the tale. Criminal did violent criminal shit and died as a result. Social hygiene was achieved. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

But the "authorities" aren't going to just let somebody zap the shithead and walk away without even being identified. Even though they should.
View Quote

Interesting case that its a pretty clear self defense captured on surveillance video. They could probably just present it to a grand jury and get a no bill for "John Doe".  Of course, Rittenhouse was the same. Guy needs to talk to a lawyer now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Let’s call the shooter Pablo Kersey until we find out his real name.

What shall we call the dead felon?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good shoot and I vote not guilty.
View Quote

I agree with you but the whole video shows him firing at least 4-5 times after the perp  was down and an anchor shot to the head at the end. The gummint will charge him when and if they get their hands on him.  

They just want to “talk to him”. Sure.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let’s call the shooter Pablo Kersey until we find out his real name.

What shall we call the dead felon?
View Quote

Deady mcbulletface?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#35]
His statement:  "That is me on the video. I was in fear for my life. I had no other choice but to defend myself, and It happened exactly like the video shows."

Attorney:  "Thank you, Detectives. I am sure you agree that this is the clearest, most cut and dry self defense case possible, and you also have it all on video. This concludes my client's statement for now. Here is my client's firearm.  If my client isn't being charged, please issue a receipt for the firearm and we will be leaving. Please contact me directly if it is necessary to produce my client for anything further and if required to do so, we will appear here within one hour."

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don’t see why he should have to pay a lawyer. It wasn’t his fault that scumbag showed up and disturbed his meal.
View Quote

Can you get a court appointed lawyer if police are looking to question you?

He knows he is wanted for questioning, what's the play here?

Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Guy deserves a medal.
View Quote

I mean what's the difference? If they guy got the other 8 shots and died anyway, what's the harm in the 9th?

The perp already deserved whatever he got by that point. He amped up this old man and forced him to blast him to save his and the others in the restaurant lives.

The final tap didn't change the future in any way so what was the harm?  I see no need to prosecute in a situation where the technically illegal part has no bearing on the results.

Maybe he could get charged with tampering with a body or something? LOL
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#38]
" he made a noise ", had to be done for self defense.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think I saw his hand twitch when he was on the ground. He might have been going for another gun.  The shooter probably saw it too, he was really close. Didn’t a cop shoot an unarmed guy in an Arizona hotel hallway because he moved his hands?  Did he get prosecuted?

Hmm…
View Quote

He got prosecuted and found not guilty.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend

The old dude should keep doing what he's doing. The police will only dig into the particulars of the guy and try and uncover a reason why he wasn't legal to carry.

As of now they don't know who he is so they can't claim they have an articulable reasonable suspicion that he was committing a crime. His words or cooperation can only fuck him.

The police have the tape. It says it all IMO. No other factors change the situation but police will be happy to fish for reasons after the fact that the old dude shouldn't have done what he did.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One thing to keep in mind for the "it's only a toy gun" crowd.  He picked it up, placed it on the table and did not recognize it as a fake until he inspected it a SECOND time.
View Quote
I have an airsoft pistol that is a copy of a Glock 19.  It's in the ballpark weight wise, and has a fully functional metal slide.  Most Californians would be hard pressed to pick it up and put it on the table, and realize it's not a real firearm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
If that armed robber was related to El Chapo, the good samaritan is going to need a minigun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that all homicides in Texas get presented to a grand jury...am I wrong about that?

If not, they have to go through the process of an investigation the whole way including identifying all the major players and getting statements.

The video tells the tale. Criminal did violent criminal shit and died as a result. Social hygiene was achieved. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

But the "authorities" aren't going to just let somebody zap the shithead and walk away without even being identified. Even though they should.
View Quote

There’s how the world SHOULD work, and then there is how the world actually works.

Hopefully not staying on scene doesn’t end up screwing the Good Samaritan.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#44]
The guy didn't ask for this, and didn't need any of it! He was just sitting there minding his own business. Dirtbags want to play that game, they deserve that prize.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But nothing. Crickets.

That's exactly how it works too.  I've heard it was north of 10k for an appearance and that was early 2010s
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend
View Quote

No. You can only fill out the paperwork once they arraign you if you want a public defender. He can hire a defense attorney now or wait til he is arrested and then go with a public defender. Better to talk to a real lawyer. Public defender will just try to get you a plea and move on. They don’t work hard for a case. They are too backed up with too many defendants and don’t put in effort to try and win a case most times.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think y’all just think it makes you sound cool to say aNcHoR sHoT. But all you’re doing is feeding into a narrative for those against us to use, well, against us.

He fired 4 shots, the perp falls down.  Big fucking deal   He then fires 4 more because he is still completely reasonable to believe that he hasn’t stopped the threat. Then he gets in close to pick something up by the criminals head and then shoots again.

You don’t know where that shot went (there were 2 bullet holes in the glass door) and you have no idea what he saw or heard when he was in close.

Either way, he stepped up defend himself and a room full of people from a guy who was in the process of violating just about every law in the Texas statutes of when it’s reasonable to use deadly force.

And half of y’all are looking for a reason to bury him, including making shit up and giving it a stupid “scary name” for our enemies to use against him and us.

Just stop. You sound like a 10yo playing COD and you sound like an enemy of our civil and 2a amendment rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, nice anchor shot.  

I have no issue with it.

I think y’all just think it makes you sound cool to say aNcHoR sHoT. But all you’re doing is feeding into a narrative for those against us to use, well, against us.

He fired 4 shots, the perp falls down.  Big fucking deal   He then fires 4 more because he is still completely reasonable to believe that he hasn’t stopped the threat. Then he gets in close to pick something up by the criminals head and then shoots again.

You don’t know where that shot went (there were 2 bullet holes in the glass door) and you have no idea what he saw or heard when he was in close.

Either way, he stepped up defend himself and a room full of people from a guy who was in the process of violating just about every law in the Texas statutes of when it’s reasonable to use deadly force.

And half of y’all are looking for a reason to bury him, including making shit up and giving it a stupid “scary name” for our enemies to use against him and us.

Just stop. You sound like a 10yo playing COD and you sound like an enemy of our civil and 2a amendment rights.

An anchor shot is a term in common use.  And I’m an adult who can look at these situations and draw objective conclusions.  Not a child who needs a narrative to go a certain way or my feelings get hurt.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LOL.

The witnesses all left too.

Imagine getting that call. You arrive two hours after the shooting. There are two employees who don’t speak English and who couldn’t see anything from the floor behind the register and one dead felon. That would be a short report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Witnesses describe the man as being between 4 foot and 8 foot tall, either black, white or hispanic and spoke only spanish, cantonese or arabic.....

LOL.

The witnesses all left too.

Imagine getting that call. You arrive two hours after the shooting. There are two employees who don’t speak English and who couldn’t see anything from the floor behind the register and one dead felon. That would be a short report.

Died of Covid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"Why would someone who's broken no law by defending themselves feel that they should leave the scene rather than staying to talk to the cops?"

The answer keeps coming up that we don't trust The State to not punish us for doing something completely within our rights to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I just saw the full video where the shooter fires several shots.

He fires a volley of shots and the bad guy goes down. He continues to shoot as the bad guy is down, with 8 shots being fired.

Then a 9th shot happens after about a two and a half second delay at point blank.

The actions and body language in the video on the second volley of shots and especially on that last shot are not self defense.

So it's no wonder Houston PD wants to talk to the guy. It's a pretty solid murder case assuming the jury doesn't nullify because of the "he fucking deserved it" defense.

He didn't want to be carried by 6 OR judged by 12. Third option was to leave. I can respect that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't care one bit about the anchor rounds.  Being a stick up man SHOULD be a very dangerous occupation.  Good for our hero walking the fuck out, only after taking care of the work and returning the stolen property to rightful owners.

If more of these shitbags took the asphalt/floor tile/room temperature challenge, society would be better off.  Shitbag here is dead, never to victimize anyone again.  His name will be on peoples' lips briefly to only score political points, nothing more.  Antifa will find something else to bitch about (hopefully another shitbag assuming ambient temp); his cousin, mother, aunt will wail briefly, but their short term grief will be replaced by the cold realization that he provided nothing of value to society and many people are safer because some innocent man enjoying a taco smoked his ass.

Good riddance.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top