User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a cab to Pattaya and go to Walking Street. 1000 Baht fare max.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don’t rent a jet ski
View Quote
This too. Total rip off.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
And dont go swimming in the bay. I got a staph infection in my dick from it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Swimming in the bay..."
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Swimming in the bay..."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Swimming in the bay..."
is that what they're calling it these days.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
OP if you are in Thailand in April get ready to get wet.

Songkran is the beginning of the Thai new Year and they celebrate by throwing water on you and often by marking your face with a white paste.

It is all in good fun and lasts only a few days in Bangkok.

Now beware if you go to Pattaya because Songkran might go on for 10 days.

Now you can not avoid getting wet so just plan for it.

They sell these double ziplock seal phone and money holders that you wear on a string around your neck and all bar and restaurant seats have trash bags over them so they don't get ruined.

As it is hot as hell there the water thrown on you is very refreshing but many bars have gone to putting large blocks of ice in the water buckets that the people fill their squirt guns and plastic pails with.

Ice water on the back of your neck will wake you up real fast if you don't see it coming.

Half the fun is watching people on the open sided baht buses get drowned as traffic is almost at a standstill as people from the over packed bars spill out into the streets.

Songkran is one of my favorite times to be in Pattaya.

Video of some of the fun:

SONGKRAN PATTAYA 2018 DAY 2. 12-4-2018
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine said he drank a whole fifth of Jack Daniels while riding an elephant up and then down the mountain while a little Thai kid slapped the back legs of the elephant for maximum elephant speed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Guessing Songkran will still be in full effect 4/15?

Wife and I fly in to Bangkok that morning and while I'm sure Songkran is fun I think I'd prefer
not to walk around wet all day.
Plan is Bangkok city and major sights 4/15, ruins and temples 4/16, and 4/17-4/18 fly south to some nice beaches.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been given the opportunity to travel to Thailand for work.  I was asked last Friday if I wanted to go so I haven't had much time to plan.  It's a short 3 week trip, I'll have 2 full weekends to enjoy.

Tell me what I should do while I'm there.  During the week I'll be working and staying in Bangkok.  The weekend will give me more freedom to explore provided I'm back at the client site on Monday morning.

Also, in for Murray Head jokes.
View Quote
I'm Bangkok make sure you try Mothertrucker's Burgers. Best burger I have ever had.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be in BKK at the same time.  Hit me up via IM and I will buy you a beer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guessing Songkran will still be in full effect 4/15?

Wife and I fly in to Bangkok that morning and while I'm sure Songkran is fun I think I'd prefer
not to walk around wet all day.
Plan is Bangkok city and major sights 4/15, ruins and temples 4/16, and 4/17-4/18 fly south to some nice beaches.
View Quote
Rereading  this and sounds like  a thread hijack
I’m sorry OP.
Thailand looks like it’ll be a fun time
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I googled ladyboy meme to try to edgey.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49816/images_jpeg_jpg-849919.JPG
View Quote
LOL we make those often:

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Songkran in Pattaya may be the biggest week long party in the world. It does get old after a few days, but if you can catch the last couple of days it's fun. Don't try to get into or out of Pattaya on the last day of Songkran, it's probably not going to happen.

There is a ferry that runs over to HuaHin from Pattaya. HuaHin has much nicer beaches than Pattaya, but nowhere near the nightlife. As far as that goes, Pattaya has plenty daytime adult action too.

Interesting that in Pattaya a fairly popular shooting range is located in the basement of Tiffany's Cabaret. Tiffany's Cabret is a huge ladyboy (katoey) show. At night the parking lot is full of elaborate Chinese tourist buses.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top