BCM
User Panel

Page / 108
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From Elon's leaked email:

I'm just going to go ahead and state that I think he's straight up lying about those production numbers.  In 1Q19 they were still not making 5k Model 3s per week.  I don't believe they've suddenly surged to sustainable 6300/week, nor will they attain 7000/week.  When we get Q2 production numbers at the end of June we'll see this was just more of Elon lying to try and juice the stock price.
View Quote
This.

How does anyone still believe a single word that comes out of his mouth?
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]
How on earth can Tesla make 100,000 cars this quarter?  They laid off staff, cut weekend/night work, and they're retooling the production line.

Tesla is rejiggering its Fremont factory to build the Model Y SUV and a Model S refresh.
After laying off production staff in January, Tesla's car plant in Fremont, California now makes these cars only in day shifts during the week. There's no weekend or night time production, employees told CNBC.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/29/tesla-fremont-factory-prepping-for-model-y-production-model-s-refresh.html
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Erin Schneider has been named Director of the SEC's San Francisco office.   She's prosecuted Musk and Elizabeth Holmes (of Theranos).  
Plus she's a former PWC auditor.  
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2019-78
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Erin Schneider has been named Director of the SEC's San Francisco office.   She's prosecuted Musk and Elizabeth Holmes (of Theranos).  
Plus she's a former PWC auditor.  
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2019-78
View Quote
Dun dun dun
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#6]
IB is increasing their margin requirements again for Tesla.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Stock is right around 185 bucks this morning.

This is bad ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is bad ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is bad ?
If you're one of these two guys, yeah:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tesla-production-financial-problems-Tesla-raised-another-2B-to-cover-losses/5-2038095/?page=78#i76804685

Quoted:
I bought 180 shares at $308 average today.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tesla-production-financial-problems-Tesla-raised-another-2B-to-cover-losses/5-2038095/?page=40#i73856718
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

I will say my Tesla stock went up over 10% today and is up over 50% since I bought it

Attachment Attached File

And I could sell my Not A Flame Thrower for 4 times what I paid for it on eBay right now so he has my attention
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is bad ?
If you're one of these two guys, yeah:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tesla-production-financial-problems-Tesla-raised-another-2B-to-cover-losses/5-2038095/?page=78#i76804685

Quoted:
I bought 180 shares at $308 average today.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Tesla-production-financial-problems-Tesla-raised-another-2B-to-cover-losses/5-2038095/?page=40#i73856718
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58537/6652BD31-6A26-40DE-9EF4-BF8B3C9EFC2A-633291.JPG
I will say my Tesla stock went up over 10% today and is up over 50% since I bought it

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58537/E27D0D6C-513B-47CF-A16D-CF0415BD5317-633293.JPG

And I could sell my Not A Flame Thrower for 4 times what I paid for it on eBay right now so he has my attention
That bottom thread is interesting.   On page 40, we’re all discussing “Funding at 420” like it’s a real thing.  

It’s truly amazing that Elon maintained any credibility at all after that little stunt.

The guy who bought the 180 shares is already down about half a Tesla.   Selling when you’re down like that, is the hardest thing to do.    I hope he’s able too.   ..........
And, I hope he comes back to give us resolution.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That bottom thread is interesting.   On page 40, we're all discussing "Funding at 420" like it's a real thing.  

It's truly amazing that Elon maintained any credibility at all after that little stunt.

The guy who bought the 180 shares is already down about half a Tesla.   Selling when you're down like that, is the hardest thing to do.    I hope he's able too.   ..........
And, I hope he comes back to give us resolution.
View Quote
Elon makes big headlines with his ludicrous claims, and people remember those.  A lot of those claims, if you're not an engineer or otherwise expert in the relevant field or just really skeptical, you could be fooled into believing.  People don't remember the headlines that don't get published when 80% of Elon's ludicrous claims slowly turn into vapor, and the other 20% fail magnificently.

Remember these:

The stock price was $321 when he made this one:

Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
In addition to the financials, the insiders are voting with their feet.
- Insiders have been selling.  Elon Musk is the only insider that's been buying a bit.  
- Insiders have been leaving the company.  Several CFO types have come in, stayed for a month or so, then bailed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Kinda reminds me of the first half of this:
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#14]
It may look shockingly similar at the end including that flat line at zero.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually just had a coworker try to tell me that Tesla has an extensive amount of cash in reserve (without counting the loan Elon just took out), that the amount of debt they are in is "good" and that the only real problem for Tesla is their cars are too good/last too long.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Actually just had a coworker try to tell me that Tesla has an extensive amount of cash in reserve (without counting the loan Elon just took out), that the amount of debt they are in is "good" and that the only real problem for Tesla is their cars are too good/last too long.
View Quote
I too work with the handicapped
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lol

Cultists will be cultists
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Cultists will be cultists
Pretty much. His long time friend owns a top of the line model 3 and recently purchased Tesla stock at the high end 300s price.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
PM me your coworker's contact info, I have this little charity project call the human fund he'll be interested in.

To be fair I have a very wealthy programmer friend in CA that has a scary large amount of Tesla stock.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/11/20/short-sellers-are-struggling-their-massive-bet-against-elon-musk-isnt-helping/?noredirect=on

So far, the bet has been mostly a loser, but Spiegel isn’t ready to relent. “I just don’t want it to kill me in the short term,” he says as his eyes toggle between computer screens and a Pomeranian pleading for attention around his ankles.

Spiegel’s small hedge fund, Stanphyl Capital, is part of one of Wall Street’s most aggressive bets against a single company in history. The $10 billion wager has set up a marathon battle between one of Silicon Valley’s most outspoken leaders, Tesla chief executive Elon Musk, and some of Wall Street’s most notorious doomsayers.

It comes as many short sellers are struggling. The number of hedge funds focused on betting against companies has fallen by more than half as U.S. markets started a record upswing nearly a decade ago. Since 2013, short-seller campaigns against a company’s stock have lost an average of about 0.5 percent, according to Activist Insight Shorts, a data provider.

For those betting against Tesla, the fight has been particularly tough. Musk wields his 23 million Twitter followers against his critics with rapid-fire tweets and commands a loyal group of believers that can frustrate his critics.

“These people are much more concerned about profits than what’s best for our children,” Ross Gerber, a Los Angeles investor who backs Tesla, said of short sellers. “Morally speaking, you can short Snapchat all you want. Go short Facebook. Tesla’s whole purpose is to create an electric infrastructure so we can address the issue of climate change.”

[Tesla posts a profit after what Musk calls a ‘historic quarter’]

The fight has already claimed one casualty. Infamous short seller Andrew Left, who has been a vocal critic of Musk and Tesla for years, relented last month and switched from attacking the company to praising it. “It’s not worth the brain damage. Nobody can change the narrative on this thing,” he said in an interview before announcing his decision.

But Spiegel, 57, and many others are still not ready to back down. “I am very patient,” he said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Elon Musk makes more wild promises about a product that doesn't exist yet.  
View Quote
LOL. This will be like the $35k model 3.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t they make like one of those? Software crippled all to shit?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
For your immediate downpayment of 5k today you can preorder one, if you place the order before 6/5 you will get free supercharging for life and 3 blowjobs a week. Delivery timeframe is sometime between now and 2025, and when we stiff you on the base model you will step up to the 60k version that we have to put out so we can break even. Elon loves you, please sign here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah doubt eeet.  
If it happened, Post proof.   DK made a bet about that, and asked us to remind him if....
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Must be some mighty kine bud in his pipe.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Reminds me of RAM in 87,000 font on some of these trucks
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#30]
I guarantee their line is being a total piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#31]
That article reads like a bad April Fools joke.  They've already promised Solar Roofs, the Semi, the Roadster 2, the Model Y, the Shanghai factory producing 3k Model 3s per weeks before the end of the year, and more service centers.  They don't have the cash to fund capex to complete any of those.  They barely have the cash to fund refinancing debt and continuing to lose money quarter to quarter for the next 12 months, and that's after having just raised $2.2B in new cash.

At least they built functioning concept vehicles of the Semi and Roadster 2.  The Model Y was a goofed together Model 3 with a 6 inch rear window lift.  I wouldn't wager on them ever even building a pickup concept vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
The China factory building is still under construction.  The next phase will be to buildout the assembly line equipment, and train the local workers.  
https://insideevs.com/news/352448/video-tesla-gigafactory-3-progress-may-30-2019/
There's not enough time to get all this plant completed and begin production this year.  Tesla will probably hand-assemble a few cars, push them out the door, and announce a huge success.  
Bottom line: another cash crunch is on the way.  Tesla won't be able to generate cash from the China factory until sometime into 2020.

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#33]
$49k!?!?! I doubt they can sell them that cheap at cost... it's going to be an 80k+ car in several years when it may exist, if it ever gets a chance to exist... I don't know how much kool aid you'd need to drink for that to sound realistic, but I clearly haven't had enough. I mean maybe if they find a way to keep using govt and investor money to increasingly subsidize cars they sell...
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The China factory building is still under construction.  The next phase will be to buildout the assembly line equipment, and train the local workers.  
https://insideevs.com/news/352448/video-tesla-gigafactory-3-progress-may-30-2019/
There's not enough time to get all this plant completed and begin production this year.  Tesla will probably hand-assemble a few cars, push them out the door, and announce a huge success.  
Bottom line: another cash crunch is on the way.  Tesla won't be able to generate cash from the China factory until sometime into 2020.

View Quote
I have a tinfoil thought.  What if Tesla hides a few thousand of the unsold cars it already has over there and then releases them in the grand opening?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Bullshit, unless it is built on the model 3 platform... which would be a pretty shit truck....

I don't see any other way....
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bullshit, unless it is built on the model 3 platform... which would be a pretty shit truck....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well if the “truck” is as much a truck as the model Y is an SUV i’d expect something like a Subaru Baja.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
$49k!?!?! I doubt they can sell them that cheap at cost... it's going to be an 80k+ car in several years when it may exist, if it ever gets a chance to exist... I don't know how much kool aid you'd need to drink for that to sound realistic, but I clearly haven't had enough. I mean maybe if they find a way to keep using govt and investor money to increasingly subsidize cars they sell...
View Quote
When the Semi was unveiled in November of 2017 people believed Elon when he said it would sell for $150k, have a million mile warranty, charge free for life on an all new unbuilt charging network, and be profitable.  All that despite the fact that the batteries alone for the semi had input costs of over $150k.

When people want to believe the dream, they will believe the dream.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Tesla stock was down another six points today.  At that rate, it will be down to zero in 30 days.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tesla stock was down another six points today.  At that rate, it will be down to zero in 30 days.  
View Quote
It was confirmed to me by my coworker that it's only because individuals keep shorting Tesla stock. Has nothing to do with failed promises, lack of profit, borrowing more money, missed deadlines, lack of sales or the internal tracking of every dollar spent.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It was confirmed to me by my coworker that it's only because individuals keep shorting Tesla stock. Has nothing to do with failed promises, lack of profit, borrowing more money, missed deadlines, lack of sales or the internal tracking of every dollar spent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, the insanity of the fanbois is off the chart,  they honestly believe that Elon is going to save the planet and that they are buying in at a bargain price.  You get some real gems over on a couple of the Tesla investor sites, people posting how they are down 7 figures and still have faith in the man and the mission.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#42]
$178.97

Circling the drain ?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
$178.97

Circling the drain ?
View Quote
A dip in the road or the crest of the last hill before the ride down to the ocean, who knows. I don't know what the Ace in the sleeve is though, a deal to license batteries and superchargers to another OEM for big bucks? Im not sure...
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A dip in the road or the crest of the last hill before the ride down to the ocean, who knows. I don't know what the Ace in the sleeve is though, a deal to license batteries and superchargers to another OEM for big bucks? Im not sure...
View Quote
If it was me, I would start to desgin rolling chassis to sell to other manufacturers. Let others put the shells on them and worrying about selling them. The only cars they should be making are the S, X and luxury crossover.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
He even tweeted that itll tow 300,000 lbs
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If it was me, I would start to desgin rolling chassis to sell to other manufacturers. Let others put the shells on them and worrying about selling them. The only cars they should be making are the S, X and luxury crossover.
View Quote
Couple problems with that. Tesla loses money on every car it sells, this won't change that. GM already tried the electric skateboard concept for rolling chassis and it didn't work out, why would they license it from someone else? As an OEM Tesla would have to provide the tech specs for others to control their drives. Huge shift from the very secretive system they have now. It's not like Tesla is the only ones that know how to make electric drives, they're the only one willing to lose the amount of money it takes to produce what they have.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
He needs to stop smoking crack. I guess for him towing = pulling something a distance of 100ft at walking pace. How do people still take him seriously?
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He needs to stop smoking crack. I guess for him towing = pulling something a distance of 100ft at walking pace. How do people still take him seriously?
View Quote
“Muh Titan can pull a space shuttle!!”
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's stunt towing and there's road towing. A Model X did pull a 300k lbs plane once. 150 tons sounds like a lot, but the human record is 208 tons, and a Porsche Cayenne did 285 tons.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Couple problems with that. Tesla loses money on every car it sells, this won't change that. GM already tried the electric skateboard concept for rolling chassis and it didn't work out, why would they license it from someone else? As an OEM Tesla would have to provide the tech specs for others to control their drives. Huge shift from the very secretive system they have now. It's not like Tesla is the only ones that know how to make electric drives, they're the only one willing to lose the amount of money it takes to produce what they have.
View Quote
I believe VW is licensing out the MEB platform to other automakers.
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top