BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A welder with some angle iron could turn the wall into a ladder on the Mexican side.
View Quote
Well placed shot with 300WM on welding Mexican will turn said Mexican in to an example of what happens when you fuck with the wall.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying to figure out what they cut that with.

Parts of it look like they have the melted bits left behind by a plasma cutter, other surfaces look like cuts done with a grinder or sawzall.

If they put secondary tubing inside the concrete with loose sticks of rebar or round bar within them, those would prove very difficult to cut.

That said, anything is breechable with tools and knowhow. Given enough time, I could breech that wall or get into a bank vault just with tools that I have in my garage. Could probably get into my safe in about 5-10 minutes if I didn't care about destroying it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've always like this concept. Keep the wall as the last line of defense. If someone has a latter they would first have to cross the fence with it entering the enforcement zone.

https://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2017/08/31/Border_Wall_42874.jpg-9ce4f_c0-301-4185-2741_s885x516.jpg?1ee0f1133550157a0a8d8801827912c10d5af1e6
View Quote
Great idea. Then the Mexicans who cross won't have to spend time looking for a border agent to turn themselves in for a free ride to the city for release.

It would cut down on drugs maybe.. But I suspect most of that comes in via shipping containers and trucks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Princess Diana ruined border security for all of us.

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone could saw through the front door of your house.  Making your front door useless.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Wall doesn't mean shit unless there is a man on every post with a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Someone could saw through the front door of your house.  Making your front door useless.
View Quote
Why bother with a door.  Cordless sawzall or circular saw and take a hunk o' wall out.  Around back where there isnt a lot of light. Probably no secority wires or alarms either.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NBC said that did they?  I wonder what "common tools" they were referring to because that pic looks like it took a fucking plasma cutting torch
View Quote
Yep, you can even see the dripping steel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well placed shot with 300WM on welding Mexican will turn said Mexican in to an example of what happens when you fuck with the wall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A welder with some angle iron could turn the wall into a ladder on the Mexican side.
This. You fuck with the wall, you get shot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This. You fuck with the wall, you get shot.
View Quote
shoot the gas tank first
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unless you live in a castle, all of your doors and windows are useless. Which is why everyone should carry at home.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was just about to post that pic.

Harbor Freight has them for $329.99.
https://www.harborfreight.com/portable-torch-kit-with-oxygen-and-acetylene-tanks-65818.html

Any human trafficker with a damn makes enough money to use it and dump it after one use. Maybe $400 with tax and both tanks filled? That's a drop in the bucket compared to the money he makes bringing a dozen people across.

Would a wall based on steel tubing filled with concrete be better?

Or what about a simple steel reinforced concrete wall? Say 6 feet thick and 30 feet high?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 4Runner has an electrical outlet in the back.  An electrical outlet that will run a small angle grinder.  A small angle grinder that will cut thru stuff like locks, chains, or boat trailers.  It cut the tongue off my old galvanized steel boat trailer with ease.

And, the 4Runner is highly mobile.  It excels off road.

With a cheap Harbor Freight generator in the back, it would be even easier because I could upsize the tools and run multiple tools.

If the response time is hours, I could easily cut multiple holes - miles apart - before any response to the first hole with just a 4Runner and a grinder.
I'm not certain you could cut that steel with an angle grinder.  I've done it, but it certainly wasn't fast.

These oxy torches are about $100+ at pawn shops.  That's what I would probably use.  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126713/Oxy_Torch_jpg-802727.JPG
I was just about to post that pic.

Harbor Freight has them for $329.99.
https://www.harborfreight.com/portable-torch-kit-with-oxygen-and-acetylene-tanks-65818.html

Any human trafficker with a damn makes enough money to use it and dump it after one use. Maybe $400 with tax and both tanks filled? That's a drop in the bucket compared to the money he makes bringing a dozen people across.

Would a wall based on steel tubing filled with concrete be better?

Or what about a simple steel reinforced concrete wall? Say 6 feet thick and 30 feet high?
Build it with used drill stem. Heavy wall thickness and hardened. Probably buy it relatively cheap as surplus.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#13]
You mean you can cut steel tube around a wooden 4X4 with tools? Who would have thought that? What are they magicians?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People have broken out of prisons in the past, does that mean we should just let them all go?
https://i.imgflip.com/2ppj4t.jpg
100% contraband free zone.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top