BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree 100% but it is fun to listen to fellow Texans parrot that shit as a point of pride when we actually have some draconian shit laws here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas is not the last bastion of Freedom.  In fact, it has less freedom in some ways than other states.

I agree 100% but it is fun to listen to fellow Texans parrot that shit as a point of pride when we actually have some draconian shit laws here

True.  I loved the first 30+ years of my life in TX, and while I still have friends and family there, I roll my eyes at that stuff.

I’ll buy you a whiskey if we ever meet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in a coastal socal town.

This past week, I was in the Austin area for work. Never seen so many Biden signs in front of houses. One after another, even in the burbs outside of the city.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Denver is liberal. Where you there when Hickenlooper was Mayor? A cop was shot and killed by an illegal alien that worked in the mayor's restaurant.
Then they elected him governor.
Weed isn't your problem.

View Quote

Yes, I got there when Hickenlooper was mayor and yes Denver is liberal but weed is a problem.  Denver went from a liberal city with all of the liberal shit that goes with that, to a San Francisco like shit hole after legalization.  I was working downtown and saw it when it happened.  The two are connected.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lots of defeatism here.

Florida is trending more red.

A decade ago, Ohio and Missouri were battleground states.  They are now solid red states.

Pennsylania, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, and even Minnesota are now competitive states.  
View Quote
Agree, personally I am looking forward to the valley turning purple or even red if anything.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This past week, I was in the Austin area for work. Never seen so many Biden signs in front of houses. One after another, even in the burbs outside of the city.
View Quote

Combination of Austin being Austin and all the Californians that have moved in.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe so but I was in Colorado when they legalized weed.  I could not wait to leave after that happened.  I watched as the cities turned into shit holes right in front of my eyes.  Crime, bums sleeping in the streets, people shooting up in public areas.  Denver looks like San Francisco now.  No thanks.
View Quote

Really? This is the same as saying there is still drug trafficking after legalization in some states.

The root problem still exists in more draconian states, and until it's legalized EVERYWHERE, people will migrate away from prohibition and toward legalization.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can thank the radical left that hijacked the political left, especially in Texas.

Their refusal to live and let live on all the personal/social liberties except drugs has alienated high swaths of voters.  Guess where all those votes went?

Same thing that happened in TX is going to happen in VA, because the atheist millennials can't imagine a world where others are free to do the stuff they don't like.
View Quote

Well, this is one of the dumbest, most myopic things I've read in awhile. Besides changing some words, did you actually comprehend what the meaning of what you wrote was?

You realize the left allows many times more personal freedoms than the right, according to the offical party planks?

And you realize 95% aren't voting AGAINST any personal liberty, they're voting FOR the personal liberties they hold dear.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep hearing this. I live in downtown Houston and have seen a total of two Biden Harris signs in yards. The same goes for bumper stickers. There were many more Beto signs during the last go around. This has given me some hope.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No.  Maybe in the future, but not in 2020.  Will go solidly for the Donald.
View Quote

What is wrong with these people? I’m normally a doomer about things but I’m cautiously optimistic.

The campaign seems confident to the point of being over confident. Cory lewandowski let it slip on tv that Ohio is completely out of play for the dems. He even said “I shouldn’t be saying this but”.

States are in play that they never thought would be in play. The rioting really screwed the dems. Along with Biden being a senile, kid sniffing, corrupt, pedophile.

On top of that they know the hunter Biden laptop bomb is coming next week.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Really? This is the same as saying there is still drug trafficking after legalization in some states.

The root problem still exists in more draconian states, and until it's legalized EVERYWHERE, people will migrate away from prohibition and toward legalization.
View Quote

Yes, the only difference is that the state becomes the dealer and not all people will migrate away from prohibition.  There are those of us that will migrate away from legalization.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A few years ago all the Texans here said it would never happen, lol
View Quote

It won't happen.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Too many Californians. The irony isn’t lost on me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Combination of Austin being Austin and all the Californians that have moved in.
View Quote

Yeah a lot of the people felt very familiar.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, this is one of the dumbest, most myopic things I've read in awhile. Besides changing some words, did you actually comprehend what the meaning of what you wrote was?

You realize the left allows many times more personal freedoms than the right, according to the offical party planks?

And you realize 95% aren't voting AGAINST any personal liberty, they're voting FOR the personal liberties they hold dear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can thank the radical left that hijacked the political left, especially in Texas.

Their refusal to live and let live on all the personal/social liberties except drugs has alienated high swaths of voters.  Guess where all those votes went?

Same thing that happened in TX is going to happen in VA, because the atheist millennials can't imagine a world where others are free to do the stuff they don't like.

I used to think like you when I was a teenager and in my early twenties.  It's ok you'll figure things out eventually.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I used to think like you when I was a teenager and in my early twenties.  It's ok you'll figure things out eventually.
View Quote

Ok boomer. You keep alienating potential allies and feeling good about it. Great job. We're all proud of you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Most of them probably lived in extreme rural Texas with their heads up their ass too
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

CNN also said it was a battleground state in 2016. When the votes came in it wasn't even close.

It might turn at some point but I don't think this is the election
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#18]
100,000+ families have moved to Texas every year for the past decade. Most of those from dem strong holds...our states sucess is bringing our downfall.

That said, I dont see biden is having much luck here in Houston, not liked by the asians, blacks or hispanics. Without widespread fraud he does not stand a chance.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude that is Austin. its the festering boil on Texas ass.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That said, I dont see biden is having much luck here in Houston, not liked by the asians, blacks or hispanics. Without widespread fraud he does not stand a chance.

View Quote

That is reassuring.  It has been many years since I lived in the Houston area (Katy) but I have family there.  What I hear from them is scary.  One of my wife's life long friend there is voting for Biden.  We were floored to hear this.  I hope you are right.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Until the people in the Red counties wake up and realize they can turn off the cities electricity and water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Purple really means blue. The cities will have control of everything. And they will 'interpret'/make the laws.

Until the people in the Red counties wake up and realize they can turn off the cities electricity and water.

You have to worry about making the roaches scatter though.

Luckily, the 2 roads that come near me both have bridges on them. Be a shame of someone spilled some used tires and lighter fluid there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wrong ! Virginia was the result of unfettered immigration both legal and illegal and transplants from blue states.  I moved to Virginia from South Carolina 15yrs ago and I could see it changing back then . Democrats are using the 1965 immigration act to stack the deck in their favor during our elections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But VA was the result of fraud.

Wrong ! Virginia was the result of unfettered immigration both legal and illegal and transplants from blue states.  I moved to Virginia from South Carolina 15yrs ago and I could see it changing back then . Democrats are using the 1965 immigration act to stack the deck in their favor during our elections.

Virginia:
Ethnicity

The state's most populous ethnic group, Non-Hispanic whites, has declined as a proportion of population from 76 percent in 1990 to 61 percent in 2019, as other ethnicities have increased.

More recent immigration in the late 20th century and early 21st century has resulted in new communities of Hispanics and Asians. Among international immigrants to Virginia, eleven percent were born in El Salvador, nine percent in India, six percent in South Korea and five percent each in Mexico and the Philippines as of 2017.[153] As of 2019, 9.6 percent of Virginia's total population describe themselves as Hispanic or Latino, and 6.9 percent as Asian.[6] The state's Hispanic population rose by 92 percent from 2000 to 2010, with two-thirds of Hispanics in the state living in Northern Virginia.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Funny that Oklahoma is seldom mentioned as a red state:

And was for Ted Cruz in the primaries:

Oklahoma results by county
 Ted Cruz - yellow
 Donald Trump - blue
 Marco Rubio - red

But the way they are trying to get more jobs here it will probably get pinker in the future.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes, I got there when Hickenlooper was mayor and yes Denver is liberal but weed is a problem.  Denver went from a liberal city with all of the liberal shit that goes with that, to a San Francisco like shit hole after legalization.  I was working downtown and saw it when it happened.  The two are connected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Denver is liberal. Where you there when Hickenlooper was Mayor? A cop was shot and killed by an illegal alien that worked in the mayor's restaurant.
Then they elected him governor.
Weed isn't your problem.

I think you might be confusing causation and correlation.

Plenty of shitholes cities in Texas- and it ISN'T because of legal weed. How about the mayors, the governor, the leg and the DA's?

And I wonder - how many people flocked there from California?

Oddly- most people don't realize how really restrictive CA is with weed. Plenty of counties banned it outright, the rest have ridiculous rules, fees and 30% tax on it. CP has like 4000 pot stores w/ 5 million population. CA has 700 stores.
CA is so retarded they can't even grow pot.
And that's not even factoring in wildfires and electrical outages.
California is cancer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It won't happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won't happen.

Teach your kids Spanish and Chinese. And maybe some Hindi.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Plenty of shitholes cities in Texas- and it because of legal weed. How about the mayors, the governor, the leg and the DA's?
View Quote

Nothing that looks like Denver or San Francisco.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm 30 min from the center of downtown. I can count on one hand the biden signs that we see. Shit ton of Trump signs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of shitholes cities in Texas- and it because of legal weed. How about the mayors, the governor, the leg and the DA's?

Austin is working hard on it. I've seen a huge decline there within just the last 5 years. Homeless everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Austin is working hard on it. I've seen a huge decline there within just the last 5 years. Homeless everywhere.
View Quote

True, I'll give you that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve been hearing this shit since George W. Bush’s first term.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#31]
VA used to be a reliable red state. Then it wasn't.

We all know why
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#32]
If it turns blue the country is lost forever.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

And there are those here who would rejoice in that just so they could say "see, I told you it would!"
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Too many Big city dems.
View Quote

Houston with over 4 million,  Austin with a million San Antonio and the valley with almost 3 million and 100s of 1000s moving in from California on the regular, you bet it's a battleground state.

Dems saw Beta's performance against Cruz as a opening and have been working it for 2 years.  Cornyn is in trouble, Abbott is in trouble and about 1/2 of the state house seats are up for grabs.  Harris County Judge and Dallas County Judge have have both already jumped, though they're both in trouble.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
blue state project, showing fruit

years ago TX folks here would reply with the "LOL you're crazy. No way could TX ever go blue. Droves of mexicans coming in all vote conservative here"

good luck america

we're going quick into an eternity of china style global totalitarian domination

should be fun

View Quote

If you were being honest, you would say "years ago, Texas folks would reply 'you're on crack' when we said Texas is going blue this time!"

No-State-Displayed arfcommers have been predicting Texas will go blue every election since Bush II.  

It probably will happen eventually.  It MIGHT happen this time.   I think there's a small chance of it.  But only a small chance of it this time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Austin as been Uber Liberal since the 70's due to the University of Texas Students & Staff, not to mention so many State of Texas Jobs.

It has only gotten worse each year in the past 20 years as Austin became a Tech Center "Silicon Gulch" which has drawn many jobs & people from California.

Austin has always been known as "California on the Colorado (river)" due to it's wacky leftist policies & voting.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Texas has always been a "Battleground" state. It goes through periods of red and blue. Always has.
Of course the most conservative Governator we had in the past 30 years was a Democrat. She was a tough old broad too. I liked her, and had the opportunity to meet her one morning.
I wasn't all that in line with some of her politics, but she was an amazing woman. YMMV
View Quote

Lol.  Tx us red, last time it was blue was 40yrs ago, IIRC. Ann Richards was not conservative, refused to pass CCW, lost to Bush who passed it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#38]
For those of you saying Texas will go blue this time, this is your opportunity to make a shitload of money.   If you really believe it.

Texas for Biden is a 30 cent buy on predictit.    3k will get you 10k if you're right.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/texas-results

Registered republicans are leading 51-40 in "Mail-in and early in-person ballots returned" so far. But that's where democrats need to have a big lead since more republicans are going to vote on Election day.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And there are those here who would rejoice in that just so they could say "see, I told you it would!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it is disgusting to think you're right about some folks on here.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Unfortunately Demographics are destiny.

Too many citiots raising liberal kids and third world transplants turning our country into a socialist shit hole.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Unfortunately Demographics are destiny.

Too many citiots raising liberal kids and third world transplants turning our country into a socialist shit hole.

View Quote

I do not disagree with you but I do put more blame on our school system.  All the way through College.  Our schools are run by liberal zealots that are not teaching our kids how to think but what to think.  Parents that should know better are too busy in their careers to notice or don't care.  It will only get worse.  It's a disease.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Most of the "Real" Texas is still Republican.
View Quote

So Is New York, But the larger populations of the cities elect the politicians.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Cant get pissed...they are just doing what GD has said for years...move to a free state
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Most of the "Real" Texas is still Republican.
View Quote
Most of the "Real" Illinois is too, FWIW....

We are grossly outnumbered. Is Texas?

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Texas is not the last bastion of Freedom.  In fact, it has less freedom in some ways than other states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, it's hard to believe...the last bastion of freedom is turning blue. Fucked up right there.

Without Texas, no Republican has a chance at the White House. So, yeah, it really is the last bastion of freedom.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I told you this two years ago and you Texicans said no fucking way.

Should have listened.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You can thank the religious right that hijacked the political right, especially in Texas.

Their refusal to live and let live on all the personal/social liberties except guns has alienated huge swaths of voters. Guess where all those votes went?

Same thing that happened in VA is going to happen in TX, because the religious boomers can't imagine a world where others are free to do the stuff they don't like.

https://i.imgur.com/Tnrun5e.jpg

View Quote

Complete and utter nonsense. The right is the right. Virtually everyone who calls themselves conservative DON'T believe all the LBGTQMOUSE nonsense nor do they think abherrant behavior should be codified into law as protected from discrimination. God-fearing people support people's RIGHTS. They also want to have smaller, less intrusive, less expensive government. Oh, and on the abortion question almost 2/3 of all Americans polled do NOT support abortion. So, you're strawman is just that. Leftists just can't accept they are actually in the minority.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But VA was the result of fraud.

Add in the feckless GOP in Virginia along with conservatives, including gun owners, thinking they didn't need to remind government that they work for us, and you get a commie takover.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Texas reminds me of California 1992 era.... California used to be a Republican stronghold until 1992, hasn’t turn red since.

Liberty loving Texans need to have more kids and start the political battle to regain your state and keep it red.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who knows. But the Texas going blue bullshit was in full effect when Cruz beat Beto, even though Cruz barely campaigned and Beto had National dnc support, the media, Hollywood and way more money.

Texas reminds me of California 1992 era.... California used to be a Republican stronghold until 1992, hasn’t turn red since.

Liberty loving Texans need to have more kids and start the political battle to regain your state and keep it red.

Of course we should attempt to share conservative values with our friends and vote in strength but let’s not pretend like Texas needs to be regained. Two Republican senators and gov at the moment. I’d like to continue to advance of course but let’s be positive here. Frequently we see threads about “Oh this time Texas is going blue!!!!”, let’s not panic.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top