BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL

You know all of their LSTs in the Black Sea save for maybe one Ivan Gren class are of the same vintage, right?   Bragging that its not a big deal because of its age is a bit of a self-own.

You know why it was in drydock?  Because they were still using it.  Same for all the other LSTs that Ukraine has hit that were subsequently put into drydock.    

Yes its old.  No, they can't really afford to lose them.  They're using them.   They don't have that many Ivan Grens to replace them with. Four total in the entire Russian navy?  And none that Turkey will allow into the Black Sea.

And how old was that improved Kilo, btw?
View Quote
Someone doesn't know what  he's talking about. Only 2 lsts have been hit. The Minsk and a Serna class. There are 10 of the same as Minsk left and 2 of the Serna.

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
lol, they abandon their country and then may get all pissy if said country is abandoned. Is that about what this is?...

...oh, and Breitbart is literally Russian propaganda. Rating this one troll
View Quote

They ain’t gonna get pissy over shit. If he actually said this, he’s alone in that thinking. Ukrainians aren’t violent like some other groups can be. When’s the last time you heard or saw Ukrainian immigrants fighting or rioting here in the US(or anywhere for that matter)?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You are hilarious The Minsk (your mega-bucks of useful military hardware) was commissioned 30 May 1983.  
It sustained damage and some Ukebro's opinion on twitter is not the same as reality.

View Quote

When was that sub commissioned?

Also note what your own link said. The ship is beyond economical repair..

It’s done.

What do the satellite images show of the kilo?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe the person who posted the first article that relies on it should so we don't have to just take his word for it.
View Quote
So you've got nothing

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This. When we are fighting in ukrainistan in 20 years which side will the bros be on?
View Quote

@strike504

Just like how we are fighting Poland, the Baltics, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechia, Slovakia, and Slovenia now?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They ain’t gonna get pissy over shit. If he actually said this, he’s alone in that thinking. Ukrainians aren’t violent like some other groups can be. When’s the last time you heard or saw Ukrainian immigrants fighting here in the US(or anywhere for that matter)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, they abandon their country and then may get all pissy if said country is abandoned. Is that about what this is?...

They ain’t gonna get pissy over shit. If he actually said this, he’s alone in that thinking. Ukrainians aren’t violent like some other groups can be. When’s the last time you heard or saw Ukrainian immigrants fighting here in the US(or anywhere for that matter)?

Ukrainians aren’t violent? You even Cossack bro?  East Galicia 1943-1944?  

Never been this large amount of refugees from Ukraine in modern history so who knows, but certainly they have the cultural capacity for violence.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's apretty cool trick, thatnks!

So here's the entire article, so that nobody can claim I'm keeping anything out

Here is the section that seems to be in contention and I have bolded what I think is the salient point: "Curtailing aid to Ukraine will only prolong the war, Mr Zelensky argues. And it would create risks for the West in its own backyard. There is no way of predicting how the millions of Ukrainian refugees in European countries would react to their country being abandoned. Ukrainians have generally "behaved well" and are "very grateful" to those who sheltered them. They will not forget that generosity. But it would not be a "good story" for Europe if it were to "drive these people into a corner".

Could be a veiled threat, could be pointing out that refugees might misbehave/riot if they don't get their way--kinda sounds like a mob movie, LOL, "nice country you have here, be apity if a million refugees decided to riot".  There are many instances of that in the West, specifically Europe, where refugees have done so when their host countries did not keep them happy.  Any other reasonable interpretations of Zelensky's comments?
View Quote
Is there a video of his full quote? Skeptical of the chopped up quote.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why are these “refugees” not fighting for their country?
View Quote

They abandoned their own country ..
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where is your boy faded?
View Quote

I’m here, sleeping off a hangover after watching a couple trillion rubles burn up this morning

It’s easy to day drink when you are a dollar general manager
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's apretty cool trick, thatnks!

So here's the entire article, so that nobody can claim I'm keeping anything out

Here is the section that seems to be in contention and I have bolded what I think is the salient point: "Curtailing aid to Ukraine will only prolong the war, Mr Zelensky argues. And it would create risks for the West in its own backyard. There is no way of predicting how the millions of Ukrainian refugees in European countries would react to their country being abandoned. Ukrainians have generally "behaved well" and are "very grateful" to those who sheltered them. They will not forget that generosity. But it would not be a "good story" for Europe if it were to "drive these people into a corner".

Could be a veiled threat, could be pointing out that refugees might misbehave/riot if they don't get their way--kinda sounds like a mob movie, LOL, "nice country you have here, be apity if a million refugees decided to riot".  There are many instances of that in the West, specifically Europe, where refugees have done so when their host countries did not keep them happy.  Any other reasonable interpretations of Zelensky's comments?

I haven’t found one but I think we can all agree that The Economist isn’t a Russian propaganda organ so what would their incentive to be deceptive to show Zelensky in a negative light? Assuming that the Economist is sincere in their writing, what reasonable explanation would you have for his comments?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Never been this large amount of refugees from Ukraine in modern history so who knows, but certainly they have the cultural capacity for violence.
View Quote

You’re referencing one event during a time of war. And Cossacks, warring clan that fought during times of war to protect their sovereignty. I’m talking about diaspora getting sporty in other countries cause of shit happening geopolitically. It’s never happened.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No Sir. The better question is did you...
View Quote
I don't rate threads
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What he actually said was implying that if Ukraine falls that there would be millions of stateless refugees with no future who might turn to crime.
But you actually need to read the original interview to understand that.
But we don't want that sketti is here to earn his roubles.
View Quote

Send them back with hammers and sickles to help rebuild. Not another dime...
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You’re referencing one event during a time of war. And Cossacks, warring clan that fought fiercely during times of war. I’m talking about diaspora getting sporty in other countries. It’s never happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re referencing one event during a time of war. And Cossacks, warring clan that fought fiercely during times of war. I’m talking about diaspora getting sporty in other countries. It’s never happened.

I’m referencing genocide against the Poles in a land grab and a warrior culture going back hundreds of years to make the point that yes, they can be violent.  I can’t think of any large emigration from Ukraine with such large collections of displaced persons from Ukraine in modern history so it’s really an unknown. People tend to behave differently when they are in small groups and family units of expats that dribble in rather than rapid movements of large groups of expats so it’s really an unknown rather than either certain or impossible.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Look at all the new names in this thread learning from each other and having their opinions changed
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, if you know Slavic people in Orthodox Christian countries well than this shouldn't surprise you at all.

The Polish are different, because although Slavic they are Catholic due to being part of the Holy Roman Empire and therefore their culture is much more akin to Central European culture than those Orthodox nations that have various points have been a part of the Russian Empire.  

There is a reason though that Ukraine in particular even prior to 2014 was unable to join NATO or the EU and really had nothing to do with fear of pissing off Russia.  They as a country are pretty incompatible for the Western way of doing things compared to say the Baltic States that are not Slavic and more Nordic.  Nordic Countries like Finland and Sweden can join NATO and it fits like a glove, but Ukraine has deep cultural issues that will make a true partnership with them that would benefit us take a long time to develop.  

Eisenhower knew that NATO just didn't have enough forces to protect every original member.  Eisenhower favored having a few "neutral nations" like Austria where either the Soviets would avoid them or those neutral nations would get invaded then have to fight them on their own giving NATO some time to better position itself without the commitment of having to jump in and save them.   I think when we look at the current state of NATO it is pretty clear that its only saving grace is the incompetence of the Russian military, but that incompetence is not something you can bank on forever particular as Russia continues to receive an education from the school of hard knocks, which has a way of refining militaries over time.  If the Russians ever did get their @#$% together and come out of their collective alcoholic stupor they've got the numbers to steam roll through much of Europe as we feared would happen during the Cold War when NATO was a lot stronger than it currently is in terms of men and hardware.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They ain't gonna get pissy over shit. If he actually said this, he's alone in that thinking. Ukrainians aren't violent like some other groups can be. When's the last time you heard or saw Ukrainian immigrants fighting or rioting here in the US(or anywhere for that matter)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They ain't gonna get pissy over shit. If he actually said this, he's alone in that thinking. Ukrainians aren't violent like some other groups can be. When's the last time you heard or saw Ukrainian immigrants fighting or rioting here in the US(or anywhere for that matter)?

There would have to be a first time in order for there to be a last time. Also thought that the folks in question that fled went to European countries, not the USofA. I'm not saying that those that fled ukraine to European countries will rise up, but Zelensky is seemingly implying and/or threatening as such...

...and saying that ukranians aren't violent like some other groups can be (blanket statement) contradicts the claims & videos of ukranians fighting Russians. They are doing plenty of shooting n killing in their efforts to defend with the use of outside funding & supplies
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The air search lights over Russia right now…

https://i.ibb.co/R3CyFwW/IMG-3294.jpg
View Quote

**sevastopol

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't rate threads
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Sir. The better question is did you...
I don't rate threads

My man...
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

**sevastopol

View Quote

@fadedsun
Meme would need a LOT more fire
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sketti is right on time with a fuck Ukraine thread right after a huge hit on Russia's black sea fleet yesterday! Hahaha someone even called it last night too! You are so predictable Sketti...lol
View Quote
Huge Hit
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I’m referencing genocide against the Poles in a land grab and a warrior culture going back hundreds of years to make the point that yes, they can be violent.  I can’t think of any large emigration from Ukraine with such large collections of displaced persons from Ukraine in modern history so it’s really an unknown. People tend to behave differently when they are in small groups and family units of expats that dribble in rather than rapid movements of large groups of expats so it’s really an unknown rather than either certain or impossible.
View Quote

You talking about the ethnic cleansing committed by the UPA  during WW2 against Poles in Polesia and Lublin regions. I’m from Polesia. My grandparents told me that the NKVD infiltrated the UPA to undermine them and therefore were carrying out a lot of the killings under the guise as UPA.

That being said, we can’t say that Ukrainians have a tendency for this kind of behavior as a result of a small ultra nationalist faction’s activities during WW2.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When I see snippets of quotes from an interview, interspersed with editorial comments, I don't take the conclusion made by the author of the added comments seriously.  Especially when it's a different language.  

At the very least, critical thinking demands that it be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Unfortunately, confirmation bias tricks certain people into accepting the claim, because they want it to be true.

This is GD, after all.
View Quote
It's not the first time Zelenskyy threatened the west over the gravy train  so that tends to lean towards it being true
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There would have to be a first time in order for there to be a last time. Also thought that the folks in question that fled went to European countries, not the USofA. I'm not saying that those that fled ukraine to European countries will rise up, but Zelensky is seemingly implying and/or threatening as such...

...and saying that ukranians aren't violent like some other groups can be (blanket statement) contradicts the claims & videos of ukranians fighting Russians. They are doing plenty of shooting n killing in their efforts to defend with the use of outside funding & supplies
View Quote

He’s a dumbass. I haven’t trusted him since day one when this mess started. My heart goes out to the regular people who just want to live in peace, prosper, and take care of their families. They don’t deserve any of this shit. My reference to violence was specific to civil unrest. Not defending themselves against Russia.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If only there was a huge echo chamber thread in which members are protected and free to heap praise upon Volodymyrr without fear of opposition.

If such a thread existed maybe others would be free to discuss the reality of this conflict and its involvement of the west.

If only.
View Quote
You should see the Zelenskyy stroking going on in there over damaging 40 year old landing ship.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why are these “refugees” not fighting for their country?
View Quote

Most are elderly, women and children seeking shelter and employment to support the folks at Home. When I was in Saudi Arabia it was interesting that the Lebanese Christians did similar support and sent the money back home. The family member left behind had to stay or the family lost claim to their ancestral land. As soon as one left the muslims would seize it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mostly women and kids.

What are they supposed to do?

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Kalibr launching Kilo submarine and a transport ship permanently removed from the party?

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Things that make you go

Why are you the way that you are?

View Quote
Because unlike you, he is a sentient being.
There is one thing you Ukebros and jellyfish have in common. Guess what it is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Those "refugees" abandoned their country. Maybe go back and fight?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I assume he actually said that. Even so, while a poor choice of words, it doesn't amount to a whole lot. Zelensky is merely stating the obvious: Ukrainian refugees will be upset if funding is pulled and the Russians pillage their home.
View Quote

Ya they might be upset, but you’re not gonna see levels of violence and protest like we recently saw in Israel from Eritreans.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Things that make you go

Why are you the way that you are?

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You should see the Zelenskyy stroking going on in there over damaging 40 year old landing ship.
View Quote

@daoliver924
Post a screenshot of people praising zlenskyy over a strike carried out by the military. Because I’ve been following page by page since day 1 and haven’t seen what you’re talking about
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You reacted to a post about Russian military shit getting blown up by claiming you were personally attacked.

I can only surmise you identify as an Improved Kilo class submarine.
View Quote
This thread is not about Russian military shit being blown up but that's all you've got so ...
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This thread is not about Russian military shit being blown up but that's all you've got so ...
View Quote

Their M.O. is always to change the subject

Zelenskyy is morphing into a terrorist
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I assume he actually said that. Even so, while a poor choice of words, it doesn't amount to a whole lot. Zelensky is merely stating the obvious: Ukrainian refugees will be upset if funding is pulled and the Russians pillage their home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't found one but I think we can all agree that The Economist isn't a Russian propaganda organ so what would their incentive to be deceptive to show Zelensky in a negative light? Assuming that the Economist is sincere in their writing, what reasonable explanation would you have for his comments?

Assuming that the quote is a legitimate summation of President Zelensky’s comments, what do you think he meant by saying that it would “not be a good story for Europe? “ Civil unrest? Strongly worded letters to parliament?  Seems to me a bit of odd phrasing for a large group of people just being upset.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Destroying a landing ship and severely damaging a kilo class sub is a huge hit.

Don’t go you agree?

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ukrainians are not violent.......Eh,we'll just ignore Wolyn!
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There are no Ukrainians fighting right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They wouldn't have been stateless if they had stayed and defended their state.

There are no Ukrainians fighting right now?
What does that have to do with anything in this  thread
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

A kilo class submarine is a 40 year old ship?

@daoliver924

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are hilarious The Minsk (your mega-bucks of useful military hardware) was commissioned 30 May 1983.  
It sustained damage and some Ukebro's opinion on twitter is not the same as reality.

It's done.

Apparently you can't read. That tweet is the source of everyone who says it's destroyed and he's nothing but propaganda.

BBC says light damage

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A kilo class submarine is a 40 year old ship?

@daoliver924

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F562LbaX0AMqEf4?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Psss bro. 1980 was 43 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Meh
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm here, sleeping off a hangover after watching a couple trillion rubles burn up this morning

It's easy to day drink when you are a dollar general manager
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is your boy faded?

I'm here, sleeping off a hangover after watching a couple trillion rubles burn up this morning

It's easy to day drink when you are a dollar general manager
Were you drinking absinthe. Because only in a hallucination did a couple trillion rubles burn up

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Mostly women and kids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly women and kids.

Cite?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top