BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that drawing on the physical material to be cut into the part?

This all relates pretty simply to constructive possession.

The ATF said years ago, you can't even put a fucking etching on a lower reciever for the 3rd hole.... so why some dumbass would go do the same thing with a LL is beyond me.

The NFA should be repealed, but there is a reality here whether we agree with it or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arguably I'm a criminal because I have the photo of the keycard saved on my computer, since drawings of machine guns are illegal now.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Is that drawing on the physical material to be cut into the part?

This all relates pretty simply to constructive possession.

The ATF said years ago, you can't even put a fucking etching on a lower reciever for the 3rd hole.... so why some dumbass would go do the same thing with a LL is beyond me.

The NFA should be repealed, but there is a reality here whether we agree with it or not.

Do you own both bleach and ammonia cleaning products?

That's constructive possession.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
How is this any different than those pipes with Sten blueprints printed onto them? Those have been sold for like 20 years when surplus kits started coming in.

Hell, there’s some in gunbroker right now.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A thousand pardons to Firefly fans.  I was a bit punchy last night.  I meant brownshirts.

Also,  
Americans really need to nullify all these stupid, ineffective and unconstitutional firearm and possession laws.  Jury duty is important.  It is probably the only way we will change the laws, since the politicians and judges are mostly power-hungry and corrupt big gov types.
View Quote

To quote the aformentioned fandom, "Thats what government is for, gettin in a mans way"
also
"A government is a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned"
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you are doing it to evade discovery of another illegal activity, yes.

View Quote

So they have to prove intent.  Which they can't really, but they can lie and say they think he was up to no good.
Which is why "intent" based laws are BS to begin with
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No worries my man, GFM link added to OP
View Quote

Appreciate the thread. Hopefully our (big) little community here can play a role in helping CRS fight this bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

NFA constructive Posession is LAW, a rule/procedure would clarify or interpret the law, and the 3rd hole opinion was lettered by the ATF to an individual..

Then you have some solid court cases like you mentioned that have empowered the ATF.

I said it before, these guys are fooking morons for what they did.

They should have sold a plastic stencils or stickers,  and offered the sheet metal seperate. ATF has not and wouldn't touch the concept of making basic information illegal, the law says "parts".
View Quote

So what exactly does this law say about constructive possession?

We can pull this from the ATF rules... but thats NOT a law.

Held, a firearm, as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3), is made when unassembled parts are placed in close proximity in such a way that they: (a)Serve no useful purpose other than to make a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length (e.g., a receiver, an attachable shoulder stock, and barrel of less than 16 inches in length); or (b) Convert a complete weapon into such an NFA firearm, including – (1) A pistol and attachable shoulder stock; and (2) A rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and an attachable barrel of less than 16 inches in length. Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How is this any different than those pipes with Sten blueprints printed onto them? Those have been sold for like 20 years when surplus kits started coming in.

Hell, there’s some in gunbroker right now.

View Quote

They used to sell them with the ports/slots etched into them ..... ATF put an end to those about 10 years or so ago
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

NFA constructive Posession is LAW, a rule/procedure would clarify or interpret the law, and the 3rd hole opinion was lettered by the ATF to an individual..

Then you have some solid court cases like you mentioned that have empowered the ATF.

They should have sold a plastic stencils or stickers,  and offered the sheet metal seperate. ATF has not and wouldn't touch the concept of making basic information illegal, the law says "parts".
View Quote

Constructive possession as described, sound like shit law.

::EDIT:: A drawing on a blank sheet of material ain't no "parts."  You would need to cut out everything, assemble it, AND install it to actually make a machine gun.  Which on top of which, SHOULD be ENTIRELY legal.

FATF.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I do not have a pattern of mocking gun owners and conservatives. I own more guns than most, and I fall on the right side of the political spectrum--If you're truly stalking my post history as you say, then you you've seen where I've said plenty of times on this website that I vote straight ticket Republican (and twice voted for Trump).

Doesn't have to be an insult to violate CoC #6. It was an attack. What you wrote was an attack on me in an attempt to provoke a negative response:

"Oh wait, you don’t give a shit. You want to paint him as an idiot criminal because that’s what you do to gun owners"

They were cash transactions. Page 14 of the court filing linked on the first page of this thread. Six separate times in a nine-day period, dude pulled out $9,000.00 cash. All the details are in the document, should you care to inform yourself.
View Quote

When you have a silver star on your account, you get to make notes about members. It looks like a text bubble with three dots. You have had a note that keeps being true. No stalking necessary.

It is a great feature. It allows me to remember why I dislike certain people.

Now, posting the exact note might be against CoC 6, but the fact that you think I violated it only further solidifies my believe, is that you are here to troll and report people who confront you.

I don’t have time to scour the documents again, but are you trying to tell me that Matt Hoover withdrew cash out of his bank account in $9k increments 6 times?  Because withdrawing isn’t structuring with documented money.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When you have a silver star on your account, you get to make notes about members. It looks like a text bubble with three dots. You have had a note that keeps being true. No stalking necessary.

It is a great feature. It allows me to remember why I dislike certain people.

Now, posting the exact note might be against CoC 6, but the fact that you think I violated it only further solidifies my believe, is that you are here to troll and report people who confront you.

I don’t have time to scour the documents again, but are you trying to tell me that Matt Hoover withdrew cash out of his bank account in $9k increments 6 times?  Because withdrawing isn’t structuring with documented money.
View Quote

Damn... now I know why I'm not on your Christmas card list...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
But they're not machinegun parts. It's a rectangle made out of metal. The fact that it has the outline of a part on it does not mean it IS that part.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How would he be avoiding tax?
View Quote

That's my point
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
But they're not machinegun parts. It's a rectangle made out of metal. The fact that it has the outline of a part on it does not mean it IS that part.
View Quote
What's true and what you can convince a jury of are not always the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It ceased to be just 1A right after he started manufacturing, selling and pimping out his auto cards.

Had he just made the video of how to make a lighting link, or clothes hanger, or whatever item its not an issue, and there are plenty of those out there.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I do not have a pattern of mocking gun owners and conservatives. I own more guns than most, and I fall on the right side of the political spectrum--If you're truly stalking my post history as you say, then you you've seen where I've said plenty of times on this website that I vote straight ticket Republican (and twice voted for Trump).
View Quote

That says more about the Overton Window than it says about you.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are you talking about? Clothes hangers are not an NFA item.

You took a leap off into the deep end on that one.. come back when you have taken your meds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, so if he made a video on clothes hangar auto sears, and also sold clothes hangers, in your mind that's a crime?

What are you talking about? Clothes hangers are not an NFA item.

You took a leap off into the deep end on that one.. come back when you have taken your meds.

It pains me that people like you sit on juries.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol.

If the bold is true, then why would the red be?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

What exactly am I in constructive possession of?

Chlorine gas isn't illegal to produce or own.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So they have to prove intent.  Which they can't really, but they can lie and say they think he was up to no good.
View Quote

The clarification is usually found somewhere it says "with no other useful purpose". They don't have to prove intent, they just have to convince a jury the item sold serves no purpose other than being completed into a LL.

While the NFA is a load of horseshit, there is a ton of procedural rules, letters and judicial rulings to keep yourself from getting tied up in said horseshit.

Even a crap lawyer would have advised these individuals to at least prepare themselves for a legal challenge.  We have everything we need to know the ATF would go after them, as they have done in somewhat similar situations.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I double dog dare you to have it tattooed on your arm.  Let the ATF confiscate that!
View Quote

Ouch!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who said anything about intent?

They pulled the cash to keep the Feds from freezing their access to it, because once they are indicted on manufacturing and selling illegal NFA items, the cash earned is now part of the investigation and subject to confiscation until the charges are resolved.

There could be a number of issues on the Tax side of the issue as well.

Pulling cash under the reportable amount isn't the issue, not sure why it's being portrayed that way. But they are being investigated for crimes where cash was exchanged, where it entered and exited physical banks accounts... that falls under money laundering/wire fraud. People Hide that by doing transaction that aren't reported...

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#23]
What a joke. Complete out of control.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#24]
The atf is out of control.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I don’t think a “structuring” charge would stick unless they were convicted on a related charge like laundering, tax evasion, fraud, racketeering ect...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was thinking. If I were to get an Autokeycard tattoo would I be a machine gun?
View Quote

If someone gave you one while passed out without your consent would you then be in possession?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#27]
If someone designs a shirt with "ATF says this shirt is a machine gun" with the drawings/blueprints on them I'd buy one to support that court case.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What a joke. Complete out of control.
View Quote

Yeah!!

Welcome AFT enthusiast!

Dobermann or Rottweiler?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
PDF warning, it's the charging documents

Who am I talking about? This guy, some of you call him "youtube Fred Durst":

https://yt3.ggpht.com/ytc/AKedOLSK6Cym4XWeqD9pKQnoBNbVDQ2YuHhUV9-683EhYA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

He was indicted today for the horrific crime of conspiring with another man, Kris Ervin, to advertise and sell "auto key cards", which the ATF is claiming are machine guns.

What is an auto key card? It's a credit card sized piece of sheet metal with a drawing of a lightning link on it:

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/AutoKeyCard-Armslist.png

No, it isn't "pop out" style like a model airplane. Yes, it requires additional machining to finish, which would be illegal without an SOT.

The ATF has indicted two men based on one of them selling DRAWINGS of a "machine gun", and the other advertising them.

This is a massive violation of not just the 2A, but the 1A as well.

I'm a fan of the CRS Firearms channel, I know the guy Matt does have a particular style that some may find annoying, but his videos are pretty informative and he's pretty based.

This is absolutely ridiculous and cannot be allowed to stand.

Edit: added video with explanation on his channel from DLD After Dark, John Crump, and Matt's wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu6sKcy3_4Q

Here is the GoFundMe for Matt’s legal defense!

Link
View Quote

Is that photo to scale?  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't think you understand the term conspiracy, nor have you read the charging documents. They list them as "Machine gun conversion devices constituting machine guns" and while left in the blank card form no, they are not conversion devices. But when you tell someone and show someone exactly how to make that item you just sold into a lighting link, that act is conspiracy.
View Quote

Small Arms Review published a magazine article with the LL, which explained how obvious and drop-in they are.  Then they sold that magazine to thousands.  Why didn’t they get busted?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Small Arms Review published a magazine article with the LL, which explained how obvious and drop-in they are.  Then they sold that magazine to thousands.  Why didn’t they get busted?
View Quote

If that's a serious question I'm not sure what to say without being an ass.

Did they provided customers of the magazine with the dimensional schematics printed right on the material used to produce a LL?

The ATF does not care if you have detailed schematics or blue prints of regulated parts, let alone an article that simply discusses functionality of said part.

Dimples or etching directly on a piece of material which provides instructions to complete it, in their view, constitutes intent to make a regulated part. While I find the NFA despicable the reasoning above is logical.  I don't think playing dumb would really work here. The ATF reasons that once a piece of material is marked, "production" has begun.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Domestic terrorism.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The clarification is usually found somewhere it says "with no other useful purpose". They don't have to prove intent, they just have to convince a jury the item sold serves no purpose other than being completed into a LL.

While the NFA is a load of horseshit, there is a ton of procedural rules, letters and judicial rulings to keep yourself from getting tied up in said horseshit.

Even a crap lawyer would have advised these individuals to at least prepare themselves for a legal challenge.  We have everything we need to know the ATF would go after them, as they have done in somewhat similar situations.

View Quote

I was referencing the "structuring" BS, but that "no other useful purpose" is BS as well.  Its still "intent".  How does the JURY or COURT know what useful purposes it might be put to.  Could be a coaster, could be a shim for a table, etc.  It still comes back to "intent".
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The atf is out of control.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was referencing the "structuring" BS, but that "no other useful purpose" is BS as well.  Its still "intent".  How does the JURY or COURT know what useful purposes it might be put to.  Could be a coaster, could be a shim for a table, etc.  It still comes back to "intent".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This. Laws and LE agencies inferring intent in order to stick a crime on innocent people is fucking disgusting.

Quoted:

Did they provided customers of the magazine with the dimensional schematics printed right on the material used to produce a LL?

The ATF does not care if you have detailed schematics or blue prints of regulated parts, let alone an article that simply discusses functionality of said part.

Dimples or etching directly on a piece of material which provides instructions to complete it, in their view, constitutes intent to make a regulated part. While I find the NFA despicable the reasoning above is logical. I don't think playing dumb would really work here. The ATF reasons that once a piece of material is marked, "production" has begun.  

The problem is that there are actual statutes that outline what is and is not a machine gun, and this meets none of them.

If you can't see how ATF stretching their view to include anything they see fit as some sort of illegal device, then I can see how you might say that illogical things are logical; but the fact remains that stretching the definition of machine gun to include devices that can allow a semiauto to fire multiple shots with a single funcion of the trigger *only after cutting, bending, and assembling* them is far outside their authority, and sets a really terrible precedent. Because you can make a coat hanger do the same thing, after *cutting and bending* it too.

You should stop simping for tyrants.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
In for $20 and fuck the ATF. Yes, I mean you too agent cockbag who is reading this. I hope you get ass cancer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Dimples or etching directly on a piece of material which provides instructions to complete it, in their view, constitutes intent to make a regulated part. While I find the NFA despicable the reasoning above is logical.  I don't think playing dumb would really work here. The ATF reasons that once a piece of material is marked, "production" has begun.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's your problem... there should be no "in their view"... there should only be "based on statute".

So any agency that is allowed to make up its own laws is a problem... congress abdicated their responsibility and should be hauled over the coals for doing so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There's your problem... there should be no "in their view"... there should only be "based on statute".

So any agency that is allowed to make up its own laws is a problem... congress abdicated their responsibility and should be hauled over the coals for doing so.
View Quote

The ATF makes the rules, enforces the rules, and is the technical tester to determine if the thing they investigated based on the rules they made up is illegal.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

hey hey hey, BrownSHIRTS.  Browncoats are Firefly fans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does that case decision mean we can, by law, manufacture machine guns again and the FJB browncoats can't do squat about it?

@HenryKnoxFineBooks

Attachment Attached File

Browncoats kewl.

Brown Shirts not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Not sure what machine guns but look at the wot triggers on the picture.  This was today

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/south-florida-federally-licensed-gun-shop-owner-and-employee-charged-illegal-sale
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This. Laws and LE agencies inferring intent in order to stick a crime on innocent people is fucking disgusting.

The problem is that there are actual statutes that outline what is and is not a machine gun, and this meets none of them.

If you can't see how ATF stretching their view to include anything they see fit as some sort of illegal device, then I can see how you might say that illogical things are logical; but the fact remains that stretching the definition of machine gun to include devices that can allow a semiauto to fire multiple shots with a single funcion of the trigger *only after cutting, bending, and assembling* them is far outside their authority, and sets a really terrible precedent. Because you can make a coat hanger do the same thing, after *cutting and bending* it too.

You should stop simping for tyrants.
View Quote

The law doesn't state the part must be operational or complete... see you too are interpreting the law in favor.

If the ATF clarifies what IS a part that can be used to convert a weapon, stating a piece a material that is marked for completion and has begun to be manufactured isn't entirely outside of the statute.

It is however, an interpretation. You will have to rely on which side can convince a jury its either a piece of metal with some other purpose or it's a marked part that aides in completion of an NFA item.

ATF can't use procedures as the ground work for a conviction,  they would still have to prosecute based on the statutory language.

People have successfully won cases that go against procedural rules, they aren't the law. They simply help people understand when an agency will go after you.

Their is nothing illogical about this, and it's like we are relying on playing dumb as some kind of winning argument in a court room.

There needs to be clarification on what constitutes a part so people can have an idea when they will run foul of the law, specifically charged with a crime.. They stuck their line on marking already processed materials so the part can be made functional with minimal effort. Some of the LL they sold were precut, and required a few tabs clipped to punch the part out.

If I bought a complete lighting link, that still required to be bent correctly to function, is that a part covered? Or a DIAS that isn't assembled and required the holes drilled, but marked where to drill?

How would you know otherwise without the enforcing agency  clarifying what is or isn't considered a part? Without a strict statutory definitions it's open for ANYONE to interpret... only thing thst matters is which interpretation is going to convince a jury.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The law doesn't state the part must be operational or complete... see you too are interpreting the law in favor.

If the ATF clarifies what IS a part that can be used to convert a weapon, stating a piece a material that is marked for completion and has begun to be manufactured isn't entirely outside of the statute.

It is however, an interpretation. You will have to rely on which side can convince a jury its either a piece of metal with some other purpose or it's a marked part that aides in completion of an NFA item.

ATF can't use procedures as the ground work for a conviction,  they would still have to prosecute based on the statutory language.

People have successfully won cases that go against procedural rules, they aren't the law. They simply help people understand when an agency will go after you.

Their is nothing illogical about this, and it's like we are relying on playing dumb as some kind of winning argument in a court room.

There needs to be clarification on what constitutes a part so people can have an idea when they will run foul of the law, specifically charged with a crime.. They stuck their line on marking already processed materials so the part can be made functional with minimal effort. Some of the LL they sold were precut, and required a few tabs clipped to punch the part out.

If I bought a complete lighting link, that still required to be bent correctly to function, is that a part covered? Or a DIAS that isn't assembled and required the holes drilled, but marked where to drill?

How would you know otherwise without the enforcing agency  clarifying what is or isn't considered a part? Without a strict statutory definitions it's open for ANYONE to interpret... only thing thst matters is which interpretation is going to convince a jury.
View Quote

The law states the part must be the part and not something else that can be fashioned into that part. Reading the language isn't interpretation; and the idea that plain verbiage needs "interpreted" is the whole reason the ATF has been able to contrive their own laws from whole cloth in the first place.

The ATF has been creatively stretching the definition of things in order to prosecute "crimes" they know they won't be able to secure a conviction on for years. That doesn't matter to them because they have unlimited money, and if they are only able to bankrupt their target through legal expenditures it is all the same to them. People have successfully won cases going against procedural rules because procedural rules aren't laws and ATF isn't Congress. They know they have no case, but they hope to settle and get a conviction, but if not then making whatever law abiding citizen is their target for the week spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal fees is great too.

Speaking of creatively stretching definitions "begun to be manufactured" regarding the subject item is just that.

It isn't illogical in the sense that their actual purpose is to fuck people who go out of their way to avoid breaking the law. It is illogical if you expect a federal law enforcement agency to follow the law and have integrity-and I do understand that those two things are entirely too much to ask.

Statute is clear as to what does and does not constitute a machine gun. The reason it seems that it isn't is that the AFT will confuse the issue depending on the circumstances of individual cases in order to achieve their desired ends. Because they are seeking a predetermined conclusion this invariably leads to conflicting precedents from ATF themselves. E.g. "readily convertible can require a day in a machine shop, or 30 minutes and prefabricated parts.

The confusion is caused by the ATF. The statute is clear.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Browncoats kewl.

Brown Shirts not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does that case decision mean we can, by law, manufacture machine guns again and the FJB browncoats can't do squat about it?

@HenryKnoxFineBooks

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Browncoats kewl.

Brown Shirts not.

Redshirts are always hilarious, though!

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 2:02:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll use this line the next time my product engineers tell me I’m late for a deadline.

“You guys had the blueprint and the material is sitting right over here. It’s as good as finished, right?”

But fuck me if their out of spec material ends up with a dimension 1 micron out of tolerance.

I’m a legit machinist and could finish one of these. Most people aren’t and they couldn’t make this operate. Therefore this is a 0% MG.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The law states the part must be the part and not something else that can be fashioned into that part. Reading the language isn't interpretation; and the idea that plain verbiage needs "interpreted" is the whole reason the ATF has been able to contrive their own laws from whole cloth in the first place.

The ATF has been creatively stretching the definition of things in order to prosecute "crimes" they know they won't be able to secure a conviction on for years. That doesn't matter to them because they have unlimited money, and if they are only able to bankrupt their target through legal expenditures it is all the same to them. People have successfully won cases going against procedural rules because procedural rules aren't laws and ATF isn't Congress. They know they have no case, but they hope to settle and get a conviction, but if not then making whatever law abiding citizen is their target for the week spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal fees is great too.

Speaking of creatively stretching definitions "begun to be manufactured" regarding the subject item is just that.

It isn't illogical in the sense that their actual purpose is to fuck people who go out of their way to avoid breaking the law. It is illogical if you expect a federal law enforcement agency to follow the law and have integrity-and I do understand that those two things are entirely too much to ask.

Statute is clear as to what does and does not constitute a machine gun. The reason it seems that it isn't is that the AFT will confuse the issue depending on the circumstances of individual cases in order to achieve their desired ends. Because they are seeking a predetermined conclusion this invariably leads to conflicting precedents from ATF themselves. E.g. "readily convertible can require a day in a machine shop, or 30 minutes and prefabricated parts.

The confusion is caused by the ATF. The statute is clear.
View Quote

I think you're on to something here. Compare the Auto Key Card to the FRT situation. The ATF ordered  the FRT folks to stop production and deemed the FRT15 trigger a machine gun. Well, no one's in jail over that, but they have the money to support a legal defense. Contrast that against the Auto Key Card folks and further to Matt Hoover, neither of which are particularly successful. They drop a heavier hammer with their contrived interpretation because they know they can out resource them and probably get them to agree to a plea deal, which is as good as a conviction. Meanwhile, the FRT15 at least meets the part of the code that makes it an actual part and it comes with clear instructions for installation, while the Auto Key Card is really more like art that a usable part.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So what exactly does this law say about constructive possession?

We can pull this from the ATF rules... but thats NOT a law.

Held, a firearm, as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3), is made when unassembled parts are placed in close proximity in such a way that they: (a)Serve no useful purpose other than to make a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length (e.g., a receiver, an attachable shoulder stock, and barrel of less than 16 inches in length); or (b) Convert a complete weapon into such an NFA firearm, including – (1) A pistol and attachable shoulder stock; and (2) A rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and an attachable barrel of less than 16 inches in length. Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.
View Quote

So I suppose a hacksaw is illegal if it strolls past a rifle or shotgun?
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow...  Lot of purse swinging going in here.

Some by folks who give off a faint glow even...

I think it's rather cute that some folks think that ATF will or has followed the law.   There is no rule of law currently in Just-Us.  While we play by the rules they laugh their Just-Us asses off and change rules mid stream every time.  They have become the enforcement arm of the democratic party.

When are you folks going to grow up and understand that both cases most likely will never make it to trial and the whole object of this exercise is to 1.) Inflict financial harm.  2.) Send a message to anybody thinking of producing a similar product.  I.E: Made an example of.  It's a win, win for Just-Us.  

For fucks sake go look at the bottom of page seven and look at their own internal emails...  calmly discussing bankrupting an FFL over morning coffee.

Life is not fair and neither is the ATF nor a demonstrably corrupt Just-Us.  (Who has the will or the ability to arrest anyone at Just-Us or it's adopted stepchild agency?).

It's never been a problem of proof...  Take the time to study the folks who are fucking with you for a moment and you will find they are quite predictable.  

"A man who picks up a cat by its tail learns a lesson that can be learned no other way"
 Mark Twain

Who is the man?  Who is the cat?  What lesson will be learned?

The only answer outside of a conflict with Just-Us is to expose the actions and ridicule them in court and in public.  Something about the sanitizing rays of sunlight that seem to slow their collective role.

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Would it be illegal if the drawing was on a sheet of paper?
View Quote

What if a two year old drew it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#50]
I am trying to figure out if there is any limit on constructive intent at all in the eyes of the ATF.  

The ATF is saying that a piece of metal with a printed outline of two lightening links is a machine gun.

So does a sheet of steel in the same room with a printed pdf of a lightening link = constructive intent = machine gun?

Does an appropriate piece of steel sheet in the garage + .pdf of a lightening link on my computer = constructive intent = machine gun?

How about a browser history of watching how a registered lightening link works + a sheet of steel in the garage?

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top