Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
If a judge and or jury say that drawing on metal do not constitute a machine gun, then the whole of the government’s case falls apart and will be dismissed.

All of the things that fed claims, Hoover and Ervin did we’re not illegal as individual actions.  At best tax related charges if they were not claiming income.

The idea that Hoover was avoiding 10K, as a conspiracy, is ridiculous. He was being paid and his pay was under 10K for his services.  Now if he didn’t claim all the payments, he may be in violation of some failure to report charge, but not conspiracy.

The real issue here is the Government has a completely weak case against Ervin.  They need to prove that a drawing on metal constitutes a machine gun and that in and of itself is breaking the law.  Since that is pretty ridiculous as a stand alone charge they are attempting to make a conspiratorial plot around the to bolster a weak case.

Fed doing Fed things because they have a bottomless pit of $ and don’t liked to be mocked.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here to help! I'm still not sure why everyone gets all up in arms when you post an actual comment. Maybe next time we all just post the same things like

FTATF! or Those scoundrels are treacherous watch out ye skellywags! Since we are all about throwing around the Coward term..

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3zLyCNCMMPwxq/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qwqjr6tgsrj5cyuad5wab37rr1twkinyql3oqt3a&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
View Quote
How to weed people out the very basic 101.  

Join date, post count, and the thread type which aroused a massive post dump in one day.  Along with sudden use of edgy memes.

He might like a screen name change.tritium would be a good fit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's illegal to withdraw certain amounts of your own money?

Or is it about tax avoidance?
View Quote

It's about money laundering. Structuring is a commonly used money laundering tactic by breaking down larger amounts into smaller amounts to attempt to "fly under the radar" and prevent the reporting of said cash.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I double dog dare you to have it tattooed on your arm.  Let the ATF confiscate that!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are arguing that the card itself, a drawing, IS the machine gun. Even without cutting it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The auto key card shit wont stick.

Where they will get him is being in possession and transferring machine guns.  10 counts of that or whatever.

They are arguing that the card itself, a drawing, IS the machine gun. Even without cutting it out.
Point the card at one of them, yell bang, and wait for them to fall over. When they don't, charge them with oppression under color of law.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's about money laundering. Structuring is a commonly used money laundering tactic by breaking down larger amounts into smaller amounts to attempt to "fly under the radar" and prevent the reporting of said cash.
View Quote

Money laundering is the practice of making money that was gained through criminal means, look as if it came from a legitimate business activity.

Tax Avoidance is the practice of taking actions to minimize your tax payments within the law. The media calls these ‘loopholes’.  But the avoidance is legal.

Failure to report income.  Self explanatory and breaking the law.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, and there was another such stamp approved and issued in PA. In both cases the courts said "OMG MACHINEGUNS!" and backed the ATF. Just one more proof that the rule of law is dead in this country.

Read all about it here:

Hollis v Lynch et. al.
View Quote
It's a shame the supreme court was in such a bad place then. It was unfortunately too dangerous for them to appeal to the SC at that time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a lot of misconceptions about structuring and Currency Transaction Reports. There are millions and millions of CTR's filed in the FINCEN data base. No one is browsing through them, they get looked at when the person gets looked at. Just withdraw the $45,000 and be done with it.

It's not just the IRS that has access to CTR's, also law enforcement agencies.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I double dog dare you to have it tattooed on your arm.  Let the ATF confiscate that!
View Quote

"Long sleeve or short sleeve?"
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just-Us was tasked with doing "something" on guns to give the pResident a win.
View Quote

All federal agencies were also ordered to make available ALL of their databases with a similar aim... expect a lot more data mining to justify govt overreach.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

How would he be avoiding tax?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Why isn’t the GFM link for CRS Firearms in the OP????
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#13]
That sucks.  I should be able to buy that card with the rest of the gift cards.  Hopefully he prevails in court.  Can we donate to a legal support fund?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Money laundering is the practice of making money that was gained through criminal means, look as if it came from a legitimate business activity.

Tax Avoidance is the practice of taking actions to minimize your tax payments within the law. The media calls these 'loopholes'.  But the avoidance is legal.

Failure to report income.  Self explanatory and breaking the law.

View Quote

To clarify, my intention was not to say that they are laundering money. Just stating that structuring is a commonly used money laundering tactic. Tax evasion purposes is another reason why people structure. Also terrorist financing. They could literally spin it in any direction they want for the purpose in count of make the charges stick.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#15]
You may beat the charge but you won’t beat the ride and harassment.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Violation of civil rights under color of law is a thing. I hopes he goes after the arresting agents and doj lawyers that filed the case.

1st amendment bitches!

I remember when this started, agents showed up at his house and tried to get him to lie to them about stupid shit. He refused to speak with them and they were shouting questions like, do you own a drill. His answer was, I'm a home owner, of course I own a drill. Guess they were hoping he would say no.

This is how our alphabet agencies work.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

To clarify, my intention was not to say that they are laundering money. Just stating that structuring is a commonly used money laundering tactic. Tax evasion purposes is another reason why people structure. Also terrorist financing. They could literally spin it in any direction they want for the purpose in count of make the charges stick.
View Quote

To clarity.  I wasn’t trying to rail on you.

In this instance it’s a HUGE STRETCH.  At the core of this case is the charge that printed drawings on metal constitutes a machine gun.  Since on its face, that claim is absurd, the ATF needs to make a case that Ervin’s and Hoover’s real intention was to sell machine guns.  Because Ervin had the cards made and paid Hoover to promote the sales and provide information on how and illegal machine gun could be made using a metal card with drawings on it.  They are saying there was a conspiracy to manufacture and sell something illegal by combining perfectly legal acts together.  The reason was to make money off the illegal activity.  They are doing this because the only real thing they are claiming is illegal is printing drawings on a piece of metal.  The rest is fluff in an attempt prop up an absurd charge.

Since we can say a plastic stock is actually a trigger and fires multiple rounds with a single stock, I guess anything is possible with the right judge and activism.  

The rule of law is truly staring to become dead and clearly favors those in charge.  Once the public no longer respects the rule of law, the population will become ungovernable. This is already occurring in certain states in because of ideology.  The ungovernable in these state are a certain demographic and the rest of the population see the elephant in the room.  At a certain point the rest of the population will get very tired of the certain demographic and those they elect who allow it.  How it is stopped can be debated.  But make no mistake that at a certain point the rest of the population will break. (sorry for rant)
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Someone should etch a grenade launcher onto a block of aluminum and sell them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#19]
The ATF is out of control.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why isn’t the GFM link for CRS Firearms in the OP????
View Quote

1, I gotta sleep sometime, and 2, I’m a little worried about them using GoFundMe since GFM is notoriously anti-freedom and will absolutely cancel if this gets big enough.

See: Rittenhouse
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#22]
“I’ll know it when I see it”

-ATF
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

1, I gotta sleep sometime, and 2, I’m a little worried about them using GoFundMe since GFM is notoriously anti-freedom and will absolutely cancel if this gets big enough.

View Quote

Wasn’t meant as a slight against you. Sorry if that’s how it was construed. Completely understand.

I am happy to see they’re 60% of the way towards their goal. Although I don’t think 100k is going to be enough.

My overall point is that this is that this is arguably the largest firearms community out there. And if we can’t rally behind someone being curb stomped by tyranny, we might as well kiss our rights goodbye.

There’s often a tendency to eat our own. Maybe out of fear. Maybe simply because we don’t agree or like the other person all that much. But our investment in fighting for our rights should supersede all of that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#24]
The citizenry have an obligation to bring the out of control ATF under control.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Thank heavens there are organizations like the NRA out there designed to help individuals being mistreated by the government. What would we do without them?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm just here for the shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I’m well aware of CoC #6.

When you have a pattern of mocking gun owners and conservatives over the last 3+ years, did you think nobody noticed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m well aware of CoC #6.

When you have a pattern of mocking gun owners and conservatives over the last 3+ years, did you think nobody noticed?

I do not have a pattern of mocking gun owners and conservatives. I own more guns than most, and I fall on the right side of the political spectrum--If you're truly stalking my post history as you say, then you you've seen where I've said plenty of times on this website that I vote straight ticket Republican (and twice voted for Trump).

However, pointing out your schtick does not violate #6. No insults were made. I’m just making you aware that you are being obvious.

Doesn't have to be an insult to violate CoC #6. It was an attack. What you wrote was an attack on me in an attempt to provoke a negative response:

"Oh wait, you don’t give a shit. You want to paint him as an idiot criminal because that’s what you do to gun owners"

Banks only have to report on cash transactions. A wired amount shouldn’t be subject to the same penalties, as the source is identified.

Perhaps the guy sending the money was avoiding bank fees that way?  Who knows. We’ll see in court. But to receive a wired transaction shouldn’t be illegal. I haven’t read that it was cash from any source.

It is a Hail Mary that the feds are using to make this guy spend more on a lawyer. If he claims it on his 1099, it’s not an IRS problem.

They were cash transactions. Page 14 of the court filing linked on the first page of this thread. Six separate times in a nine-day period, dude pulled out $9,000.00 cash. All the details are in the document, should you care to inform yourself.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

File what ? The banks file the report he appears to be making his withdrawals under the limit so they wouldn't.

A stupid law, but he appears to have broke it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I ever suggest I support or agree with the law ? I don't make or enforce it I am just saying he is screwed.

Why is he screwed? He still has 3+ months to file for 2021

File what ? The banks file the report he appears to be making his withdrawals under the limit so they wouldn't.

A stupid law, but he appears to have broke it.

Might make a big difference in how much is coming in though.  If you get 8K or 9K coming and and sweep it out to another account or just to cash that would be completely different (at least IMO) from getting 18K and taking out 9K twice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The process is the punishment. They don't have to actually prove any of the charges to utterly ruin someone.

The only way I see to fight this is with organized legal defense like antifa uses. Lawyers and bail funds set up waiting to defend whoever gets pulled into the system.
View Quote

You are 100 percent correct - and anyone that stands up, will just get the ol' Randy Weaver treatment by the ATF as further punishment.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#30]
DEFUND THE ATF!!!

Or the AFT, you know, the thing!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How long have you been with the agency?

It is a drawing on a piece of metal. It isn't a manufactured anything. Does he include instructions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, its the fact he owns a company that has an FFL+SOT that is an issue. The fact he didn't manufacture them is worse and proves further his conspiracy charge. He is an SOT holder that knows what a lighting link is, see youtube video evidence. He paid someone else to make the item because he knows as an FFL+SOT holder he legally can't manufacture them without proper documentation. He then sells the items and provides instructions on how to convert the item into an illegal NFA item.

Furthermore, picking locks is not regulated by the National Firearms act. If you manufactured explosives c4 for instance, and sold each part needed to manufacture an C4 on a website. Then made a videos for youtube on how to mix the parts to create a regulated explosive, you too would be charged.

How long have you been with the agency?

It is a drawing on a piece of metal. It isn't a manufactured anything. Does he include instructions?

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

hey hey hey, BrownSHIRTS.  Browncoats are Firefly fans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does that case decision mean we can, by law, manufacture machine guns again and the FJB browncoats can't do squat about it?

@HenryKnoxFineBooks

hey hey hey, BrownSHIRTS.  Browncoats are Firefly fans

A thousand pardons to Firefly fans.  I was a bit punchy last night.  I meant brownshirts.

Also,  
Americans really need to nullify all these stupid, ineffective and unconstitutional firearm and possession laws.  Jury duty is important.  It is probably the only way we will change the laws, since the politicians and judges are mostly power-hungry and corrupt big gov types.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fuck structured withdrawals while we are at it too.  Too many people just love them some government in people's lives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Retard structured withdrawals. He'll plead to something and ATF will get a conviction.

Fuck structured withdrawals while we are at it too.  Too many people just love them some government in people's lives.

Agreed.
It shouldn't NEED to exist...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

what should i do with my fingers and belt loops?
View Quote

"Put your hands up, pull your pants down, spread your cheeks!"
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

either you meant 5000 CDs or 10 per state, I think...
Math hard, brain hurt now...too early, need more cofefe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
500 Chris Dorners.  100 per state.  Is that what the Feds are asking for?  Inquiring minds want to know because that is a very strange request…

either you meant 5000 CDs or 10 per state, I think...
Math hard, brain hurt now...too early, need more cofefe

Ha! I’m going to leave it. When I wrote it, it felt weird but I didn’t think it was because of the numbers, I thought it was the text.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if I withdraw 9k from my account 3 days in a row I just broke a law?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Google lightning link drawings.

View Quote
And then do Swift Link.  It is apparently what the Vegas shooter used to false flag the ban of bump stonks.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Wasn’t meant as a slight against you. Sorry if that’s how it was construed. Completely understand.

I am happy to see they’re 60% of the way towards their goal. Although I don’t think 100k is going to be enough.

My overall point is that this is that this is arguably the largest firearms community out there. And if we can’t rally behind someone being curb stomped by tyranny, we might as well kiss our rights goodbye.

There’s often a tendency to eat our own. Maybe out of fear. Maybe simply because we don’t agree or like the other person all that much. But our investment in fighting for our rights should supersede all of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries my man, GFM link added to OP
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably depends why you withdrew $9k each day...

Day 1 funtime at the casino in Vegas - $9k
Day 2 huge wedding with new stripper GF in Vegas - $9k
Day 3 seeing attorney in Vegas about the bad decision on day 2 - $9k

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They were cash transactions. Page 14 of the court filing linked on the first page of this thread. Six separate times in a nine-day period, dude pulled out $9,000.00 cash. All the details are in the document, should you care to inform yourself.
View Quote

Does it say where the $9k went? Some places give a discount for cash...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

no but you arose suspicion
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Arguably I'm a criminal because I have the photo of the keycard saved on my computer, since drawings of machine guns are illegal now.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.
View Quote

Is that drawing on the physical material to be cut into the part?

This all relates pretty simply to constructive possession.

The ATF said years ago, you can't even put a fucking etching on a lower reciever for the 3rd hole.... so why some dumbass would go do the same thing with a LL is beyond me.

The NFA should be repealed, but there is a reality here whether we agree with it or not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are doing it to evade discovery of another illegal activity, yes.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

CoC #4 anyone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You go be brave and post it up on the internet! Maybe you are a glowie for trying to goad people into breaking laws? Can the internet be a fed?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/7v735rSZA1Szm/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ox7yjsrmebgoiep1lp87fm45uevdmplqcjsabnwe&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Quoted:

Ahh yes the internet spirit warrior has arisen! Please show us how many laws you break in order to show how masculine you are! You break those laws!

https://media4.giphy.com/media/xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vwo2wzeeu0yo1p4vx01vuoy9luskonp8j9j3kylb&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

CoC #4 anyone?

correct, but the "MOD" a term used loosely only punked the person that called him what he is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I was thinking. If I were to get an Autokeycard tattoo would I be a machine gun?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I remember an expression from the military:

"Execute one, educate a thousand."

That's clearly what they are doing here - making an example of high-profile individuals.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Most of the federal government is out of control.  The ATF's actions are just another example.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is that drawing on the physical material to be cut into the part?

This all relates pretty simply to constructive possession.

The ATF said years ago, you can't even put a fucking etching on a lower reciever for the 3rd hole.... so why some dumbass would go do the same thing with a LL is beyond me.

The NFA should be repealed, but there is a reality here whether we agree with it or not.
View Quote

Is there a law... or is it an AFT rule...

You can blame Chevron for a lot of the problems today.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is there a law... or is it an AFT rule...

You can blame Chevron for a lot of the problems today.
View Quote

NFA constructive Posession is LAW, a rule/procedure would clarify or interpret the law, and the 3rd hole opinion was lettered by the ATF to an individual..

Then you have some solid court cases like you mentioned that have empowered the ATF.

I said it before, these guys are fooking morons for what they did.

They should have sold a plastic stencils or stickers,  and offered the sheet metal seperate. ATF has not and wouldn't touch the concept of making basic information illegal, the law says "parts".
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top