BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
New name = "it scouts"
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the two separate groups have been dying a slow death for 20 years. I think this is more about having enough boys OR girls to remain a viable organization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with gender equality. It has everything to do with pre-emptively avoiding the "My child is a trans-gender and boy scouts is not allowing my boy to be a girl, or my girl to be a boy" thing. It's 3D chess.
They thought this would be a way to avoid the whole tranny boy scout issue. Everyone just "assumes" the boy is a girl. So, a girl who wants to be a boy can join and no one would have an issue. Or a boy who decides he wants to be a girl can be a girl in the boy scouts.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If they are taking the girls, they should also take the cookie fund raiser.   It is much better than popcorn.
View Quote
I simply paid my dues with money earned from an actual job instead of slinging popcorn.  No one wanted the stuff.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you serious?  BSA should be for hetero boys.
No homos
No girls
No freaks.
View Quote
I'm not defending their actions. It's an opinion on why I think they are letting girls into the Boy Scouts. 
I was in the Cub Scouts. Didn't stay with it when I could be in the Boy Scouts. Boy Scouts gets a lot of pressure from outside forces, LGBT-agenda liberals. If they didn't, they would remain the same. 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Scout?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do we call "Boy Scouts" that are girls?  "Girl Scout" is taken.
"Scout?"
Queer scout?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#7]
In spite of all of the bad press in the past years, I was actually quite excited about getting my son into scouting.  Until now.  I don't have a problem with him being around girls.  I encourage it.  But, it hurts my heart to see one of the few remaining boys' clubs being turned into a co-ed clusterfuck.  I suppose I have a few years to really make up my mind about him being involved, but this certainly doesn't help.  

Bad move, BSA.  Bad move.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a bit torn on this.  The Girl Scouts is totally lame, and if I had a daughter I would be saddened that she wouldn't have the opportunities I had in the Boy Scouts.  On the other hand, I suspect strongly that this will practically destroy the organization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
My nephew has been in for a while and all the campouts have tons of Mommys that go to every event and prevent  them from being boys.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
"Progess" in action.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
In before Brazzers logo
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got a lot out of the scouting program, but my son will never be involved.  Sad day, but it has been coming for a while.
View Quote
Trail Life USA is what you seek.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What ever happened to the GSA?
View Quote
They caved first and stopped actually doing anything which resembled 'Scouting' so now the Left is looking to dismantle the BSA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#15]
As an ES, I has a sad...
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That maybe over thinking it.  I prefer the more simpler reason of needing more bodies to offset the loss of mormons so that revenue does not dive worse than it has been.  It's much tougher to find bodies from the traditional pool of recruits, so they expanded it.
You need to understand that the BSA and it's councils own a significant amount of property that requires maintenance, taxes, and other expenses to be paid.  Because of this, their fixed monthly costs are high without counting variable costs.  You also need to know that councils have been selling property at times in order to meet expenses.  They usually sell property that was donated and don't have any restrictions in the deed, or restrictions have expired.  There also has been consolidations of councils to prevent one from bankruptcy.
Bodies generate revenue, the more the better.  Regardless of whether they have mental issues, queers, or equally queerish parents, or of the opposite sex.
I think they will get a short-term fix, but then accelerate the spiral down.
View Quote
If they don't get revenue, then they'll close. No reason to keep the organization going. Boy Scouts will be a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#17]
We live in interesting times. 

I often wonder what it would be like to time travel back 20 years ago, and tell my younger self what the cultural milieu is going to look like in 2017. I imagine I'd scarcely believe what my future self was claiming. 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a damn shame, my grandson just started cub scouts. He will never see scouting as I did. He and my son will be doing a father/son cake baking & decorating as team for a pack competition. WTF ? ? When did cake baking become a Scout activity?
View Quote
The blame now lies with your son for not pulling your grandson out of that bullshit before he becomes an effeminate cuck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's a damn shame, my grandson just started cub scouts. He will never see scouting as I did. He and my son will be doing a father/son cake baking & decorating as team for a pack competition. WTF ? ? When did cake baking become a Scout activity?
View Quote
We did it two decades ago.  In dutch ovens on an open fire.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
So instead of aiming for random badges, potential eagle scouts are going to get laid. Maybe not a bad thing
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually not true.  The LDS still supported the BSA at least until eagle scout.  Will be interesting to see how they take this considering they are 25% of all scouts iirc.
View Quote
There has been talk for a very long time about transitioning to a LDS version of Scouts so the BSA may find that more than 25% of their funding () vanishes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:49:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not a fan of this, but I still LOL at everyone who posted without reading the press release.  Let's see what it actually says:

Starting in the 2018 program year, families can choose to sign up their sons and daughters for Cub Scouts. Existing packs may choose to establish a new girl pack, establish a pack that consists of girl dens and boy dens or remain an all-boy pack.  Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls.

Using the same curriculum as the Boy Scouts program, the organization will also deliver a program for older girls, which will be announced in 2018 and projected to be available in 2019, that will enable them to earn the Eagle Scout rank. This unique approach allows the organization to maintain the integrity of the single gender model while also meeting the needs of today’s families.
View Quote
OK, so this probably will suck for Cub Scouts, because I don't see all sponsoring organizations wanting to support two organizations -- Cub Scout Pack for girls and a Cub Scout Pack for boys.  So you're gonna get girls in many Packs with their own dens, which may or may not slow Packs down.  And that will affect recruiting, retention, and graduation of the boys into Boy Scout Troops.

For Boy Scout Troops, they say they intend to keep Boy Scout Troops female-free (for now at least).  If a sponsoring organization wants girls in Boy Scouts, then they can form a second Girls' Troop (for lack of a better name right now) that does its own thing.  Whether they will share a Troop Committee is something else entirely.

I'm not very happy about this.  They claim to do it because recruiting is down, but I believe BSA HQ is getting lots of pressure from its corporate donors to let girls in.  The District Executive in our Council had a meeting with us two months ago, and one comment he made was, "You know, the only 3 countries that don't let girls into Boy Scout Troops are Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the USA," so they have their SJW talking points.

My primary concerns are (1) rank/merit badge standards being weakened or loosened because the new parents who have no Scouting history think they are too hard, and (2) more SJW infecting the tenets of Scouting, like changing the Scout Oath/Law to reflect diversity, inclusivity, social justice, etc.  I mean, if they let GIRLS into Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting, everything is on the table, right?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We’re through the looking glass here people, and living in the strange reality on the other side of the mirror.

Our enemy wants to destroy tradition, traditional institutions, societal norms, to destroy the past itself.
View Quote
I think you are wrong.

The Marxists want to destroy YOU.  They are just chipping away the layers until they can more easily kill you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#24]
He my son got to fuck his first girl when he was 16.

They were both on a Venture Crew, and had quite the adventure.

Wouldnt want to be Scoutmaster when sally gets pregnant after the SPL goes ball deep on her at summer camp.

My boys would enjoy the mile swim with a bunch of gals in bikinis.

This is a Scoutmasters nightmare
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They caved first and stopped actually doing anything which resembled 'Scouting' so now the Left is looking to dismantle the BSA.
View Quote
This is what it boils down to 100%.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#26]
It sounds like they going to create a "Scouts for Girls" sort of program, what the girl scouts should of been. While having integrated packs but segregated Dens on the Cub Scout side of things
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I often wonder what it would be like to time travel back 20 years ago, and tell my younger self what the cultural milieu is going to look like in 2017. I imagine I'd scarcely believe what my future self was claiming. 
View Quote
unrecognizable compared to 80s
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#28]
WHERE ARE THE DANK MEMES????
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I imagine the conversation would involve phrases such as "Dude, you're tripping balls. None of that shit could happen."
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think the two separate groups have been dying a slow death for 20 years. I think this is more about having enough boys OR girls to remain a viable organization.
View Quote
BSA HQ has done this to themselves.  Boy Scouts of America would be a lot stronger than it is today if they hadn't welcomed gay Scouts, gay Scoutmasters/Assistant Scoutmasters, and transgender Scouts* into Boy Scout Troops.  

*aka "girls who lie on the application form" because A Scout is Trustworthy is an outdated construct of The Patriarchy designed to oppress women and minorities.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Are culture and principles the hill we want to die on?

If we just give the Left our children, and future, they'll leave us alone. you Dissidents are the problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I stopped by their popcorn stand at walmart the other day and asked what I could buy for $10.
Nothing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Where do I turn my Eagle Scout in?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of this, but I still LOL at everyone who posted without reading the press release.  Let's see what it actually says:

OK, so this probably will suck for Cub Scouts, because I don't see all sponsoring organizations wanting to support two organizations -- Cub Scout Pack for girls and a Cub Scout Pack for boys.  So you're gonna get girls in many Packs with their own dens, which may or may not slow Packs down.  And that will affect recruiting, retention, and graduation of the boys into Boy Scout Troops.

For Boy Scout Troops, they say they intend to keep Boy Scout Troops female-free (for now at least).  If a sponsoring organization wants girls in Boy Scouts, then they can form a second Girls' Troop (for lack of a better name right now) that does its own thing.  Whether they will share a Troop Committee is something else entirely.

I'm not very happy about this.  They claim to do it because recruiting is down, but I believe BSA HQ is getting lots of pressure from its corporate donors to let girls in.  The District Executive in our Council had a meeting with us two months ago, and one comment he made was, "You know, the only 3 countries that don't let girls into Boy Scout Troops are Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the USA," so they have their SJW talking points.

My primary concerns are (1) rank/merit badge standards being weakened or loosened because the new parents who have no Scouting history think they are too hard, and (2) more SJW infecting the tenets of Scouting, like changing the Scout Oath/Law to reflect diversity, inclusivity, social justice, etc.  I mean, if they let GIRLS into Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting, everything is on the table, right?
View Quote
Jamborees
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I thought your motorcycle just blew up.
View Quote
If you have a BSA, how would you even know the difference?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a lot out of the scouting program, but my son will never be involved.  Sad day, but it has been coming for a while.
Yes, we will likely do Trail Life for the boy when he is old enough.  My daughters are in American Heritage Girls, and so far we are pleased.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Starting in the 2018 program year, families can choose to sign up their sons and daughters for Cub Scouts. Existing packs may choose to establish a new girl pack, establish a pack that consists of girl dens and boy dens or remain an all-boy pack.  Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls. Using the same curriculum as the Boy Scouts program, the organization will also deliver a program for older girls, which will be announced in 2018 and projected to be available in 2019, that will enable them to earn the Eagle Scout rank. This unique approach allows the organization to maintain the integrity of the single gender model while also meeting the needs of today’s families.
View Quote
If any girls in "Boy Scouts" will be in a single gender group, how is this different than Girl Scouts?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Whatever reason would the progressive left have for working for years to destroy this?

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In spite of all of the bad press in the past years, I was actually quite excited about getting my son into scouting.  Until now.  I don't have a problem with him being around girls.  I encourage it.  But, it hurts my heart to see one of the few remaining boys' clubs being turned into a co-ed clusterfuck.  I suppose I have a few years to really make up my mind about him being involved, but this certainly doesn't help.  

Bad move, BSA.  Bad move.
View Quote
Read the press release.  Boy Scout Troops are NOT going co-ed.  Packs may choose to go co-ed but will be segregated into single-gender dens.

But, I don't expect either to last for long.  Moms will cry, "the Cub Scout Pack has two dens with 8 boys each, but my Suzie is stuck in the girls' den with two other girls. It's not FAAAAAAIIIIIIRRRRRRR......."
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Not surprising.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There has been talk for a very long time about transitioning to a LDS version of Scouts so the BSA may find that more than 25% of their funding () vanishes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually not true.  The LDS still supported the BSA at least until eagle scout.  Will be interesting to see how they take this considering they are 25% of all scouts iirc.
My families LDS, you can call me jack.   I'll have a talk with my dad and see if he's heard anything, he's a local bishop.  When they cut the program beyond eagles he was adamant the church was sticking with the scouts,I wonder how this will play out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Screw it. Most cub scout troops are glorified home ec classes anyway.
View Quote
It's hard to get enough non-pedo men to take on a pack.
I led a Webelos group for years, quit due to meddling mothers whose precious snowflakes could do no wrong.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Well at least they don't have bump stocks

I do think there will be lots of bumping going on.

Good for them, hope the young men gets lots of pussy on their camping trip 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Can boys join the Girl Scouts?
View Quote
No, but you can piss in their bathroom.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My nephew has been in for a while and all the campouts have tons of Mommys that go to every event and prevent  them from being boys.
View Quote
My son's old Troop did that. I found a new one that is a lot more old-school.  No Mommies allowed on campouts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#46]

What in the actual fuck???

I used to be proud that I earned Eagle Scout, now I'm embarrassed to be associated with the organization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Where do I turn my Eagle Scout in?
View Quote
Don’t. You earned it. It’s the BSA who have lost their way.

I won’t be giving my Eagle Medal back, because I earned it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Darn...next thing you know they will open combat arms and special forces to women...then lookout..Noone will join the military..
View Quote
Too old.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#49]
I hope someone starts a new organization and gets away from the political correctness that has infected the BSA.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So instead of aiming for random badges, potential eagle scouts are going to get laid. Maybe not a bad thing
View Quote
I'm seeing Sex Merit Badge requirements forming in my head already!  And if they are going to do this it better have a silver border! 
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top