Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2022 5:42:21 PM EDT
By popular () demand in another thread, and apparently a complete lack of interest from anyone else to do it first, lets kick off the sure to be shitshow (if it follows the season 2 formula) that will be The Boys season 3 out in just over 2 weeks!

The Boys – Season 3 Official Trailer | Prime Video

@Hunter-Killer
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Bold it and make it official.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Not gonna lie I just started watching not finished with season 1 yet. Pretty good so far.

INB4 omg woke show no watch!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like it has potential. Hope it's way better than season 2.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not gonna lie I just started watching not finished with season 1 yet. Pretty good so far.

INB4 omg woke show no watch!
View Quote

I hate to tell you but there's a very good chance you're going to be highly disappointed with season 2.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bold it and make it official.
View Quote

Done!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hate to tell you but there's a very good chance you're going to be highly disappointed with season 2.
View Quote

See this is why I keep my expectations really really low. That way I am not disappointed when the Wagyu turns out to be SPAM.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
A big +1 for the Beach Boys soundtrack.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See this is why I keep my expectations really really low. That way I am not disappointed when the Wagyu turns out to be SPAM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I said in the other thread of mine that spawned this one, season 1 was completely awesome. Loved it! Season 2 was a kick in the balls.

As I also said, the drop in quality between 1 and 2 is rivaled only by Westworld. I know a lot of folks like to shit on True Detective season 2 compared to season 1 but, that drop was nowhere near as bad as The Boys and Westworld.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
1 was good, 2 sucked, 3 can an eat a bowl of dicks
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As I said in the other thread of mine that spawned this one, season 1 was completely awesome. Loved it! Season 2 was a kick in the balls.

As I also said, the drop in quality between 1 and 2 is rivaled only by Westworld. I know a lot of folks like to shit on True Detective season 2 compared to season 1 but, that drop was nowhere near as bad as The Boys and Westworld.
View Quote

I'll hang out and see how people here like it.

I'm not optimistic.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm not optimistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not optimistic.

What sucks even more is I actually do like Urban and Starr as actors (granted I've only otherwise seen Starr in Banshee besides this).
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Season 2 was.... mediocre at best. It has it's moments. The relationship ups and downs between Hughie and Starlight are one of the high points, which probably tells you just how bad the rest of it is.

Too much Hollywood being Hollywood and having to mess with a good thing to push their agenda in such a blatant way that it came across as contrived.

The last episode is pretty decent, but it's a bit of a slog to get there.

We'll see where this goes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Season 2 was.... mediocre at best. It has it's moments. The relationship ups and downs between Hughie and Starlight are one of the high points, which probably tells you just how bad the rest of it is.

Too much Hollywood being Hollywood and having to mess with a good thing to push their agenda in such a blatant way that it came across as contrived.

The last episode is pretty decent, but it's a bit of a slog to get there.

We'll see where this goes.
View Quote

Agree 100% on all points.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#15]
S1 was very enjoyable.  It was funny, entertaining, and had a fun new take on the superhero genre.

S2 was the biggest drop off in quality I have ever seen from a live-action show from S1 to S2 IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.  Even if you forget all the woke stuff (and there as a metric shit ton of it) the show was ruined by horrible and lazy AF writing.  

I think maybe the worst part was the retconning of Becca cheating on Butcher with Homelander to Becca being raped.  It was such an interesting twist the way it was. The hero goes on the warpath to avenge his wife after she was raped and murdered by the big bad villain.  But then it turns out she wasn't raped or even murdered and our fallen hero turned himself into a villain for no reason.  After the retcon it became just another black and white/good vs evil story.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]
S2 got so bad that while the last few episodes were airing I made an account of some of the retardation for each episode.  He is a copy and paste from the finale:

Quoted:

Holy shit.  Where do I even start?

- "I can't lash out like some raging, entitled maniac. That's a white man's luxury."

- A Train went from not being able to run 100 yards without damn near having a heart attack to spending 3 hours running all over a city with absolutely no explanation other than him saying "my heart is fine."

- I guess we're meant to view a white woman saying "bad guys want to hurt us just because of the color of our skin" as a crazy person talking nonsense.

- So a woman with no powers was able to break out of a facility with cameras everywhere and 20 foot high walls while evading dozens of men hunting her.

- These highly wanted fugitives have been just strolling around in public with no disguises all season.  Why break that trend for the finale?

- So in order to have Ryan freak out and want his mommy the writers decide to have Homelander and Stormfront go to Planet Vought (of all places) in full costume and NOT anticipate being hounded for pics and autographs like they are EVERYWHERE ELSE THEY GO.

- Stormfront is standing literally face to face with Becca.  Ryan's blasts are so powerful they torch Stormfront to a crisp burning off all her limbs, but Becca somehow only has her throat cut? Da fuck?

- So we're supposed to believe Maeve would risk her life and her GF's life to try and force Homelander to let Butcher (someone she never met) and Ryan (someone she never met) go?  Nevermind Homelander actually given in despite her having very little leverage.

- Homleander's son is going to be raised without a mother just like Homelander and I guess we're supposed to view that as win for the good guys because....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
S2 got so bad that while the last few episodes were airing I made an account of some of the retardation for each episode.  He is a copy and paste from the finale:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

@Hunter-Killer

Might want to drop that in a spoiler. One poster was still working his way through S1.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

Might want to drop that in a spoiler. One poster was still working his way through S1.
View Quote

This is a thread about S3. Anything in the show previously aired doesn’t need to be in spoilers. If you follow this thread and get mad when something that has happened in the show gets posted that’s your own damn fault.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#19]
The clip of Homelander tasting cow shit really makes me want to tune in ASAP!

POS series after season 1.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Looking forward to it.

Will probably wait until all episodes have been released so I can binge watch it while my wife is out of town.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

@Hunter-Killer

In official threads every episode that has aired is fair game.  Also if someone hasn't finished S1, makes the decision to click on the official S3 thread, starts reading, sees "here is what sucked about the finale," AND THEN KEEPS READING, well....

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

View Quote

It is all good I am half retarded and won't remember by the time I get to those episodes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In official threads every episode that has aired is fair game.  Also if someone hasn't finished S1, makes the decision to click on the official S3 thread, starts reading, sees "here is what sucked about the finale," AND THEN KEEPS READING, well....

https://c.tenor.com/viz1dqmsBxkAAAAC/joker-arthur.gif

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is a thread about S3. Anything in the show previously aired doesn’t need to be in spoilers. If you follow this thread and get mad when something that has happened in the show gets posted that’s your own damn fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

Yeah, if we put everything that talked about something that happened after the series started in spoiler tags then the majority of the posts in official threads would be in spoiler tags.

Not to mention spoiler tags are reserved for spoilers from the comic and if we were to put pretty much everything in spoiler tags then someone who wanted to avoid comic spoilers might click on it thinking it was just another show "spoiler."
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Woooooooo
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I never got into any of the superhero movies but this show kept my interest.  I believe if anyone really had super powers, they'd be corrupt as shit just like this show portrays.   lol
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

It is all good I am half retarded and won't remember by the time I get to those episodes.
View Quote

Okay, just tryin' to look out for my ARF bros since it was mentioned!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

@Hunter-Killer

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Here’s hoping it’s more like season 1 and a lot less like season 2.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Season 1 was great, season wasn't as good as season 1 but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets. People disliked season 2 because they made fun of Trump supporters by likening them to Stormfront's supporters, but what they failed to see is that they also poked fun at the left as well and made Neuman who I believe they modeled after AOC into a mega-villian. Too many here are so eagerly ready to call others snowflakes but get all butthurt when a little ball-busting comes their way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Season 1 was great, season wasn't as good as season 1 but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets. People disliked season 2 because they made fun of Trump supporters by likening them to Stormfront's supporters, but what they failed to see is that they also poked fun at the left as well and made Neuman who I believe they modeled after AOC into a mega-villian. Too many here are so eagerly ready to call others snowflakes but get all butthurt when a little ball-busting comes their way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like I said above:

Quoted:
S1 was very enjoyable.  It was funny, entertaining, and had a fun new take on the superhero genre.

S2 was the biggest drop off in quality I have ever seen from a live-action show from S1 to S2 IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.  Even if you forget all the woke stuff (and there as a metric shit ton of it) the show was ruined by horrible and lazy AF writing.  

I think maybe the worst part was the retconning of Becca cheating on Butcher with Homelander to Becca being raped.  It was such an interesting twist the way it was. The hero goes on the warpath to avenge his wife after she was raped and murdered by the big bad villain.  But then it turns out she wasn't raped or even murdered and our fallen hero turned himself into a villain for no reason.  After the retcon it became just another black and white/good vs evil story.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, it wasn't just the woke shit that was so over the top as to be comical and distracting. The writing was crap with plenty of issues. Hunter-Killer pointed out a lot of it already.

And it's not "butthurt" to roll your eyes and/or criticize an agenda that's so absurdly blatant and predictable, that you minimize as "a little ball busting" which coincidentally only ever seems to go one way, especially when it's a detriment to the content.

Hollywood is quite literally writing industry rules that make what you call "ball busting" its official policy: https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/hollywoods-new-rules

Folks can deny or minimize this agenda all they want but Hollywood is quite publicly saying what it's doing and makes no effort to hide it. There's zero need to go out of your way to be "offended", like some folks seem to think. It's being put right in front of you voluntarily to offend.

ETA: In fact if the writing is good enough I dare say most people can overlook/look past some woke. Just look at how many folks here like The Orville even though Seth MacFarlane will inject his slant into it every now and then. It doesn't hurt in that it actually does tend to be somewhat evenhanded, unlike The Boys season 2, as well.

ETA2: Case in point...

'Quantum Leap' Shows Off Diverse Non-Binary Cast

Attachment Attached File

But hey, I'm sure we're all just imagining this agenda and looking for things to be offended at.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Seth Rogen would thank you for your support, but you’re a bunch of Trump loving racist fascist gun nuts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Bump. It's time!

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, that opening scene was explosive.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#39]
so what's the consensus on season 3?

like many have said, season 2 was so awful I have no desire for this season.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
so what's the consensus on season 3?

like many have said, season 2 was so awful I have no desire for this season.
View Quote

I’ve watched all three episodes. I like it so far.

Without getting into spoilers it’s flowing nicely with some unexpected twists. Pretty dark at times.

I will add that I don’t look at the world through woke colored glasses so I don’t ride on the typical GD hate everything bandwagon. If you didn’t laugh at the BLM BLT stand you probably voted for Biden.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Season 3 has been disturbingly entertaining. They make fun of everything.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really liked the first season.  The leftist agenda and attack on conservatives (literally equating them with Nazis) was so clear in the second season that it's dead to me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I watched 30 mins of the first episode of S3 last night. Turned it off. It's boring. The first season was great. Second was ok. This seems to be trying to hard.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Just watched the latest Ep. Good stuff
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Episode 4 was not much of a surprise with respect to everything Homelander.

Some other decent little tidbits though.

LMFAO off that even the wokeness writers for these episodes are commenting on things like white women doing black screens on instagram.

Seems they are trying to be slightly more equal time in satire this go around or maybe just woth the stupidity of social media and commercial pandering.

Also LMFAO at "deep flounder pounder."
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#46]
A bunch of woke shit, musical, and fat sweaty Seth Rogen jerking off. I’m almost afraid to keep watching.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#47]
With all the intentional trolling of 4Chan that the writers seem to be doing I really hope that some embarassing life lessons come to the right wing obsessed writers.

Honestly just lazy how cliche they pull out the 'ol alt-right bullshit.   Really not much in the way of effort.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Well I watched the first episode of Season 3.

That's it for me.

On to other shows.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#49]
They are trying way too hard this season
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Next episode is up now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top