User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Last episode was great!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That last episode was actually pretty good. Amazing what they can pull off when they aren't obsessed with putting an agenda front and center but instead focus on actual story and entertainment.

I do think this season they've toned down on THE MESSAGE a bit and it is improved over season 2 but, in my opinion, the damage has already been done. The show is always going to be diminished in my eyes, knowing what they'd like to push if they thought they could get away with it.

Just glad I'm still not giving them official views.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought this season was pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
This season has been so good, especially with that  last episode. Homelander finally showing some cracks in the armor.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
This season was better filmed, and had better acting!

was awesome
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Episode 6 was absolutely epic.  Looking forward to whatever is going to happen in the Finale.  The only boring stuff is Frenchie and the mute girl.  And I think there was a scene with a song or something one episode that I skipped past.  Otherwise, everything with the rest if the Boys is great.  The stuff with the one supe and A-Train was very Goerge Zimmerman-esque, and annoying. And they still show some TV footage in the background referencing Stormfront's fans.  But I've chosen to enjoy the show none the less.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Into episode 4 now. Verdict is still out on the wokeness but it seems okay so far.

It seems to have more blood and guts so that's fun.

The dinner scene was great.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Trump supporters are homeland fans and libs are starlight fans I guess per season 3
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
This is about where I fall: https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/07/11/the-boys-season-3-review-underhanded-partisan-propaganda/

The supe fights were the highlight of the season but it still just can't resist being shitty about politics, even if it now takes an occasional rare swipe at the Left as well. I wasn't terribly tuned in to the details of the season since the show has been relegated to playing while I hit the internet so, can't comment on the minutia of the writing/plot details.

Solid meh, compared to The Orville (which I watch without distraction) which is a shame because it really could be great if it wanted to. Pretty funny how a liberal guy like MacFarlane can set politics aside to put out excellent quality content but Amazon can't.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#10]
the political allegory is slightly less emphasized in S3, but it's still there.  that said, the core of the story, along with the performances, are so strong that S3 is still worth watching IMO.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I just finished season 3. It was better than season 2 IMO. Solid entertainment if you like this genre. It comes across like an amped up version of The Watchmen (movie). Looking forward to season 4, they definitely left a lot of stuff unresolved.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Anthony Starr was amazing this season.  He plays that role with such finesse.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anthony Starr was amazing this season.  He plays that role with such finesse.
View Quote

Really, I like all the actors. He and Karl Urban are obvious standouts though.

Problem is all these great characters/actors get stuck with shit writing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#15]
If turning up the studio lights is all it takes to supercharge Starlight why would she give a shit about Homelander on a sunny day?

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If turning up the studio lights is all it takes to supercharge Starlight why would she give a shit about Homelander on a sunny day?

https://c.tenor.com/4KA25rqYY-sAAAAM/the-boys-starlight.gif
View Quote

You mean when she got supercharged, levitated, and then used all that power to push soldier boy? She's weak as fuck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You mean when she got supercharged, levitated, and then used all that power to push soldier boy? She's weak as fuck.
View Quote

Yeah she is on a different tier than Homelander and SB, I was miffed what happened to Black Noir, I was hoping for a bit more.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top