Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Heat was a remake. The original was called LA Takedown. It was a made for TV movie. It was word for work and scene for scene the exact same movie. For some reason it is not available in the US. You can find it on e bay on DVD but it is European formatted. If you have a Non Region specific DVD player you will be able to play it. The cast is younger and more beleivable. Heat was good but LA Takedown is the better and the original.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa... how weird is that? LA Takedown

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
I don't have the pics and the servers, but I have dreamed of this thread so lets do it right.
In the bank shoot out, Al Pacino had an FN-FNC.
www.global-military.info/weappics/fn-fnc.jpg

In the drive-in shoot out, Val Kilmer had an HK-91.
www.ados.com/~guy1656/hk/HK91.JPG
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

Hk91? Not a G3?

What about the shotgun Tom Sizemore uses in the drive-in scene? Benneli M1 Super 90?
guns.apatity.ru/shotg/shotgun/benellim1-super90.jpg

What's the gun that the guy at the drive-in has? Kind of looks like a Steyr TMP?
www.asgmarket.com/ASP2/recensioni/ksctmp/tmp.jpg

Might as well do all the guns used based on the pictures.

Kick ass screen-shots. I always thought the goalie masks they were were just the coolest part of that scene. I've considered buying on just for the heck of it.

The shotgun is a Benelli M3 auto/pump
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can anyone verify what pistols Waynegrow carried. During the armored car scene I couldn't ID the pistol but, IIRC the stainless one at his end looked like a Star.

Anybody?

It's a Star MegaStar.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
tag for later perusal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2007 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a 590. Note the second band about 1/3 of the way back on the barrel, where the sling attaches. That's unique to the 590's. Just in front of the sling is where the bayo lug is. It's not a 590A1 cause it has the heat shield on there. The A1's (like mine )have a heavier barrel that negates the possibility of mounting a heat shield. All the 590's I've seen have parkerized bolts, just like the rest of the gun.

as an aside, the last time I saw a new 590 at a fun show, it didn't have a bayo lug on it. apparently they stopped making them so you can mount a pig sticker.

Quoted:

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
This thread is great, thanks everyone for all the info and screen caps.

What are these 2 agents using? The bottom looks like an M16, but not sure of the model/type shotgun.

img506.imageshack.us/img506/3580/heatshootout018iq.gif

^_^_^
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

Appears to be a Mossberg 590.

I believe it is a Mossberg 500A (at least it looks very similar to mine).  The 500 and 590 are VERY similar. The 590 is a beefier version, that I believe was used by the Marine Corp, of the 500.  The 590 has a stainless (or at least shiney) bolt visible in the ejection port and has a bayonet lug that will fit the M16 bayonet.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2007 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Can someone post the exact specs of Val Kilmer or Robert Deniro's AR in the last bank scene?  I am wanting to do a SBR clone of this gun.
Here is what I have, feel free to correct if I am wrong:
11.5" bbl, no lug
carbine handguards
C7/A1 upper
new style charging handle (not old triangle style)
4 pos. ribbed colt collapsible
old style stock retaining nut
A1 Flash hider
Round FA
Lower???-I can't tell if it is an A2 lower or a full fence A1
pistol grip???-Did they have A1 grips or A2's?
Link Posted: 5/3/2007 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Latakedown.jpg

Thats cool!

So what gun did Hanna use in LA Takedown?

Link Posted: 5/30/2007 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
FUck yeah, I love this movie.

They give eachother cover fire.  Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
My dipshit brother in law said he didn't like HEAT, because it was not violent enough.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

First came the Made-For TV-Movie.  Think of it as a Dress Rehersal.  Then came the movie we all know and love.

I'd like to get my hands on a DVD of LA Takedown.  Not available in the States.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Thats cool!hat

I had a VHS copy of L.A. Takedown, that I watched quite a bit (long gone nowHanna. The bad guys used Hk MP5-K sub guns. A lot of scenes were directly copied in Heat, and a few scenes were different. In L.A. Takedown the meeting between Neil and Hanna is accidental, as they see each other on the street and nearly draw down on each other, and then go for coffee. Here's a cool link to comparsion story, for all us fanatics:

www.dangerousuniverse.com/2006/la_takedown/la_takedown.asp
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd like to get my hands on a DVD of LA Takedown.  Not available in the States.

Cou*Bittorrent*gh  

Well, maybe.  There's two versions showing available now, but no seeds on either so it's stuck.  A couple seeds now working

no linky to copyright violations
kthksbai
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In L.A. Takedown the meeting between Neil and Hanna is accidental, as they see each other on the street and nearly draw down on each other, and then go for coffee. Here's a cool link to comparsion story, for all us fanatics:

Just like in real life. The story was based off of a real life detective's experience.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I always wanted a Galil, and seeing that movie made me want one all the more
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm watching this movie for the first time on DVD right now on my computer.  In the first bedroom scene DeNiro does, what are his tats?
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#18]
broke my HEAT cherry today. Prittay prittay prittay prittay good, albeit lenghty
Link Posted: 12/13/2007 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Is Heat available in HD anywhere?  Is it worth getting a HD copy?
Link Posted: 12/15/2007 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Cou*Bittorrent*gh  

Got to check out this 'LA Takedown', thx for ahem... seed'in.. AAARRRrrrrr
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Val-bow!

Link Posted: 12/22/2007 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Val-bow

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/squib/images/2003/june5/kilmer.jpg

Link Posted: 12/28/2007 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Val-bow

www.quickstopentertainment.com/squib/images/2003/june5/kilmer.jpg

It's...............BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

I need to dig up the archive link on my Valbow thread from a few years ago...
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I just saw this movie for the first time last night

It was excellent
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 4:38:22 AM EDT
[#25]
One of the best.  I really wanted an SBR after seeing it.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Val-bow

www.quickstopentertainment.com/squib/images/2003/june5/kilmer.jpg

I have a similar injury to my elbow. Sometimes it itches like a son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I am an athletic trainer by trade so i deal with alot of sports related injuries and the 'Valbow' looks to me as a case of bursitis. Or an inflammation of the elbow bursa sac caused usually by direct contact or infection. I have treated several athletes with it over the years and it does eventually go away but it can take sometime. Usually is is overly sensitive after it has becomed that inflammed and doesnt take much to irritate it again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I noticed this too, and he also wore an elbow pad in The Island Of Dr. Moreau.

I thought it was maybe a case of the Gout or something.

But some other forum stated it was due to an injury while jumping off the stage filming The Doors.

Is Valbow going a little off topic for this thread?  
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#29]
So I was watching the bank robbery scene today after picking up the DVD for $3...I hate to say it, but I think this movie is what got the CA AWB passed...

Collapsible stocks are evil as they were concealable under their overcoats, the full auto sprayed tons of EBR cop killer bullets that easily penetrated patrol cars, etc etc...

Just thank god none of them used a bayonet!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Didn't see these covered before...

14.5" A1

20" A1 with A2 handguards

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Didn't see these covered before...

14.5" A1
i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/CHRIS65-IL/H%20E%20A%20T/Heat009.jpg

20" A1 with A2 handguards
i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/CHRIS65-IL/H%20E%20A%20T/Heat008b.jpg

Top pic, A0.  No forward assist.
Bottom pic, get your cheek weld on!
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#32]
<---------------------Styer TMP FTW

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#33]
What kind of television does Pacino kick out onto the street?
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone got the specs on Pachino's fishtank?

All kidding aside, I just watched it for the first time, finished it 5minutes ago.

Amazing film.

The scene where Pachino and the cop are in the elevator, and hes cycling rounds out of the shotgun - is he just switching from buckshot to slugs, or something of that matter?
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

All kidding aside, I just watched it for the first time, finished it 5minutes ago.

Amazing film.

The scene where Pachino and the cop are in the elevator, and hes cycling rounds out of the shotgun - is he just switching from buckshot to slugs, or something of that matter?

I was wondering to...Im guessing he was switching to slugs to breach the door...
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing film.

I was wondering to...Im guessing he was switching to slugs to breach the door...

Correct.  He was switching to breaching rounds but they were probably not true slugs.  Some breaching rounds have a hard rubber slug filled with powdered lead.
They make quick work of locks and such without a lot of fragmentation, for safety's sake.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing film.

Correct.  He was switching to breaching rounds but they were probably not true slugs.  Some breaching rounds have a hard rubber slug filled with powdered lead.
They make quick work of locks and such without a lot of fragmentation, for safety's sake.

I almost said breaching round but didnt want to sound like a dumbass if there were no such thing...
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
The guy with the Steyr TMP at the drive-in looks exactly like the guy with the TMP in the restroom shootout near the beginning of True Lies. Same guy, same gun, movies released only a year apart (1994, 1995). Check it out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Great thread!

I did a Movie Guns post on this a while back and I wish that I had known about this.  Check it out if you're interested in some shots of the Star Megastars, as well as some other guns that you may not have seen - http://fateoflegions.blogspot.com/2008/06/movie-guns-x.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#40]
My wife and I watched Heat last night, it was her first time, and yes, she actually asked me what gun Al Pacino as using.. which I about died with laughter.. she didn’t get it..

Anyways..

I got the thinking.. De Niro’s Character, Neil told Eady that he had a father and brother “out there somewhere”. Watching the movie for the umpteenth time, I noticed how all of the characters were fairly distant from each other, except for Neil’s relationship with Chris (Val Kilmer) and Nate (Jon Voight).

It seems like Nate is a father figure for Neil, and Neil also treats Chris like a brother, even taking care to try and save his marriage when he catches Chris’ wife cheating on him.

So that it makes me wonder.. Is that his actual family? Could they keep that distance so they can walk away without regrets or to say goodbye? Is it a way of protecting each other if one is caught?

Just some thoughts there..
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Is Heat available in HD anywhere?  Is it worth getting a HD copy?

Mann is supervising a complete remaster with Warner Brothers for a Blu-ray release either the end of this year or early next year. The master Warner had for the DVD release was only mastered in 1080i, so rather than half-ass it they are totally redoing it. Will also come complete with a brand new lossless soundtrack, knowing Warner probably Dolby TrueHD.

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#42]
What does Waingro mean?  Is that his last name or a nick name?
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Just saw movie for first time. What an epic masterpiece.
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Id imagine its his last name, because even the cops call him that...
Link Posted: 9/13/2008 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/15/2008 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#46]
YouTube.com has a Link for the Entire Movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YwSsf2rYpU&feature=PlayList&p=69D1A7920E437EA6&index=0&playnext=1

I don't know if it does directly from one part to another, but if you haven't seen the movie in part or just want to watch a selected scene, here's where you can watch it there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
That's the Real name of a Real thug.
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 9/30/2008 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 10/20/2008 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Bump!

Good stuff blendingnoise!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top