Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoy explaining to Prius owners that my truck weighs close to 4 tons and has no crumple zone....just a heavy steel frame and a 400 lb bumper. So when they decide to cut me off they should not be surprised if they end up underneath my truck.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, it's true. My truck, unbeknownst to me, oppressed no less than 4 people on the way to work this morning. It's now sitting in the parking lot, on top of a Prius. These sentient killers must be stopped!
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Women drivers cause most accidents on the road.  Honk honk
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because thats what people paying the money for them want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The author isn't wrong about the styling.

Nearly every truck has a "big angry dick gon' fuck you up!" front end anymore, all are comically big for what they're doing (even 'compact' pickups are what full sizes used to be, and rapidly swell to bloated full size after a couple model year changes).  And of course everything is lifted, every last model, even though nearly all are 2WD.

A Chevy 2500 used to be considered a big truck --not huge, but big.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/482171/2001-chevrolet-silverado-2500hd-3_jpg-1866599.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/482171/2021ChevroletSilverado2500HD-exterior-02-1866598.JPG

Why the fuck is the hood higher than the bed?
Why is the front end flat?
Why is there a sharp corner at the front of the hood?
How much fucking plastic is there around the engine bay?  Everything but the fenders is molded vinyl, anymore.

Don't get me started on how retarded the interiors have become, in order to cater to lardasses --why else would you want, let alone need, a dinner table for a center console?

Because thats what people paying the money for them want.

I was going to write a multi paragraph response, but this did the trick in a more succinct manner.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just knew that this was penned by a white woman

Here is the confirm

https://usa.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/08/Angie-Schmitt-headshot.jpg

PS here is the link  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-11/the-dangerous-rise-of-the-supersized-pickup-truck?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Seriously .. dont know why people are afraid of HTTP referrer address. wierd

*shrug*

View Quote

She looks like someone butt-stroked her in the face with an ugly stock.

These idiots are using the same argument that they do with guns. I guess the truck just ups and kills people indiscriminately on it’s own, has nothing to do with who is operating it.

Not surprising that some big city thinker came up with this. They hate anything that has to do with suburbia or flyover country, whether it’s guns, trucks or the people that use them.

It truly looks like it will be urban vs rural soon.

LC
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nearly every truck has a "big angry dick gon' fuck you up!" front end anymore, all are comically big for what they're doing (even 'compact' pickups are what full sizes used to be, and rapidly swell to bloated full size after a couple model year changes).  And of course everything is lifted, every last model, even though nearly all are 2WD.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/482171/2001-chevrolet-silverado-2500hd-3_jpg-1866599.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/482171/2021ChevroletSilverado2500HD-exterior-02-1866598.JPG

How much fucking plastic is there around the engine bay?  Everything but the fenders is molded vinyl, anymore.

Don't get me started on how retarded the interiors have become, in order to cater to lardasses --why else would you want, let alone need, a dinner table for a center console?
View Quote

I have an '08 GMC Duramax and couldn't agree more. Often wonder how much better this truck would be without all unnecessary amenities. They would do well to put even half the thought into basic truck needs as they do all the fluff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a website where we can direct republish garbage like this? Like an unironic onion?

Sent from my idling evil diesel 3/4 ton
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If sucking dick was a professional sport, the author of that article would be a team captain would have led his team to 5 or 6 national championships.
View Quote
That whole FPNI is really true.

I also laughed out loud at this.  Nicely done.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody who listened to Rush enough remembers how he chronicled and ridiculed the War on SUVs in the same manner.
Looks like we're back.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup. They did get heavier.
My old ‘84 Silverado came in at about 4200 pounds.
My ‘05 F150 King Ranch is about 5200 pounds.
The difference is my Ford has a 4 door Super Crew cab.
I do miss my old Chevy though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
F250 super duty crew cab 7.3 checking in.

My trucks got more of the “ dirty bug terminator “ front end thing going .  

Does that still count?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#12]
It reads a lot like "stop liking what I don't like".
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#13]
There they go again, attributing human characteristics to inanimate objects.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
"...the biggest vehicles on the market now weigh almost 7,000 pounds — or about three Honda Civics."

Pretty sure a Honda Civic hasn't been that light in a long time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
She’s just mad that men who drive huge trucks prefer the company of other men rather than her.
View Quote

...and here we go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Here is the confirm

https://usa.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/08/Angie-Schmitt-headshot.jpg

PS here is the link  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-11/the-dangerous-rise-of-the-supersized-pickup-truck?utm_source=pocket-newtab

*shrug*

View Quote
Why are they always ugly?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe the pick up has gained popularity because the large rear drive V-8 sedan was killed by the EPA and the NHTSA
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Government mandated pedestrian crash rating.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I shake my head at what this country has become.....

After they ban guns, they'll back pickup truckskill everyone that doesn't agree with them..  Do it for the children pedestrians.

And to counterpoint the article, I have a friend who owes the lives of himself and his wife to driving a Chevy Silverado.  They were hit head on by a full size car that crossed the median, with both vehicles doing 55+.  Both him and his wife suffered significant injuries they are still trying to recover from a year later.  From the pictures I saw, if they were driving a Honda Civic, they would have been dead.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the confirm

PS here is the link  

*shrug*

Yeah, she's got a low lip-to-nose ratio.  Weird.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone must have pulled up a little too close to the back bumper of her Prius and honked their train horn when she didn't hit the "gas" because her nose was buried in her phone as the light turned green.

This article was her way of getting revenge for the slight.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

alot of front end design is due to pedestrian impact standards
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#23]
So when she pays a MAN to redo her kitchen or bathroom, she's going to make sure the contractor shows up in a Prius, right?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not a Ford guy, but the new F-150 is nice looking. Alas I am afflicted with the poors so my 06 Silverado will have to last another 10-15yrs.
That author is a dumb bitch, but most are.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#25]
i have an auxiliary tank in mine so i can carry even more petro-masculinity

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#26]
My Ranch Hand bumper makes the front of my F-250 look intimidating.  The weird thing is it was my wife that talked me into buying it. I guess she didn't get the memo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you free market Bro?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#28]
That kind of makes me wish I still have my 2500 Cummins.  Of course, gas mileage sucks on the Tundra, so there.  Suck it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the confirm

PS here is the link  

*shrug*

No one NEEDS an assault nose!
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Might as well display my bro dozer
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#31]
It's like someone didn't look into how much cars have gotten bigger. Take the Civic, I now have to look carefully, the new ones seem very close in size to the Accord.

Not to mention, those same enthusiasts on that same Jalopnik she referenced, (the few left) will bitch right after about how new cars suck because they have gotten too big.  I'd guess that cars have gotten heavier/bigger than trucks by percent.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Huh, I would have guessed it would have been a lack of attention (probably texting) that would be the cause of rising pedestrian deaths.
View Quote

Like the video of the woman killed by a backhoe just last week. Had her head in her phone and walked right into the back of a moving tractor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, when a new truck costs 70 grand, and has a 144 month loan, the owners are probably living in it
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw Bloomberg and quit reading.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#35]
All types of cars have gained weight in the past few decades, mostly due to more safety features and improved crash testing.

Compare a small car from the 90's with a comparable model in 2021, and the difference is pretty much the same. It's not limited to pickups.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If sucking dick was a professional sport, the author of that article would be a team captain would have led his team to 5 or 6 national championships.
View Quote

After looking at the pic, I’d lay odds she’s a tuna licker.

LC
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#37]
If you can't stop or get out of the way, smile as you go under....
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My Ranch Hand bumper makes the front of my F-250 look intimidating.  The weird thing is it was my wife that talked me into buying it. I guess she didn't get the memo.
View Quote

a grill guard or replacement bumper is the first thing that ever happens to my pickups

the dealer carried ranch hand this last pickup so i had one on before i'd even signed the paperwork.  cheap insurance and as an added bonus, they act as a truck burqa for chevrolets
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, when a new truck costs 70 grand, and has a 144 month loan, the owners are probably living in it
View Quote

My new 250 doesn't have a payment, I do however have a couple homes with a mortgage.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"...the biggest vehicles on the market now weigh almost 7,000 pounds — or about three Honda Civics."

View Quote

No, they start around 3k lbs.    So probably 3500+ with typical options.

That said, they are still among the lightest vehicles on the road.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Author clearly has no concept of Horse Chicks
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A tesla model x is about 5500 lbs but I'm sure that's really forward thinking and intelligent in every way if you asked the author of that article.
View Quote

Teslas don’t have grilles.  It’s all about the angry grilles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Author clearly has no concept of Horse Chicks
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, don't need to know anything.  She just needs to write stuff and use the oppression words.

2021 Honda Civic/Curb weight
2,771 to 3,012 lbs
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#45]
She might be upset with "rolling coal," which has to be illegal but like many things, police don't enforce it.  Also the oversized tires that stick out the sides, again illegal, and great for picking up  rocks and throwing those into windshields.

Remember when officers used to check muffler nose with a decimeter?  That could afford to come back and fast.

I put all this up to the immature desires to "follow trends" and expression one's self.  Also, it's obnoxious but the young tend to be obnoxious.

How one acts makes everyone look bad.

Now all that said.....how about this.

People that write for magazines tend to live in big cities.  People in big cities tend to hate each other, trust no one, constantly very stressed out.  It's a fact.  That might be part of it.

Ditto on the requires for safety features others have stated.

Finally, it's what the makers think people want.  

She's probably never done any work in her life at all and doesn't know anyone that does.  I grew up watching both my parents work....do things on their own.  People in cities don't understand the concept.  They rent or hire things done, including hauling things.

Pretty soon I'll be loading up the ramps and mowing grass for people.  My Honda Accord isn't cut out for that.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#46]
On the subject of "grill guards."

I plan to buy one for my truck and weld up a spare tire mount.  I plan to move my spare tire to the front bumper.  That used to be an option for trucks but fell out of favor.  I don't like hauling my spare under the bed and I really don't like getting it down, in the rain, lying in mud to do so.  

I'm my AAA.

I'm sure she'd be freaked to see a big wheel coming in her rear view mirror!  

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
She’s just mad that men who drive huge trucks prefer the company of other men rather than her.
View Quote

LOL

Wut
That strafing run blew up the Nazi train and the allied POWs in the rail cars.
You got everybody, nice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Is nothing to be LEFT alone !  Freaking air should be cutoff the bumbling bigot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top