User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see anyone holding up musk to be the next conservative messiah. I do see a lot of people happy to see someone stick a giant cactus up the leftist's vagine.
View Quote
This. It's important to recognize the difference.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, I do consider Elon Musk better than RINOS and majority of those on the left, but lets not kid ourselves thinking he is the next conservative messiah that will save America either.
He is not our enemy but not our ally like some here might be thinking he does what benefits himself and is a wildcard whereas most billionaires only follow the status quo and left think tank.
I do think it is great he bought out twitter to weaken the leftist's censorship cabal having a complete monopoly on social media.
View Quote

To what group do you belong that you would use the word "us", who is worshipping him, and how does that effect your group?
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I hope he buys out your membership next.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Going to need a link.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard an interview with him once where he said he was against private ownership of guns.

So that's not a good thing.

Being an advocate for free speech and recognizing that big tech has chosen sides (and maybe actually doing something about it) is a good thing.

So, like pretty much anything else, it's a mixed bag.

Going to need a link.

It was in the radio. Not even sure if such a link exists, but his words on that subject stuck in my mind.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't see anyone holding up musk to be the next conservative messiah. I do see a lot of people happy to see someone stick a giant cactus up the leftist's vagine.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was in the radio. Not even sure if such a link exists, but his words on that subject stuck in my mind.
View Quote

I think if he spoke such a position on such a subject a simple google search would turn it up. I think the left would have latched onto it.

I guess I'll take your word on it despite lack of any evidence that he has a public position on 2A.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
OP is making himself look bad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Yep perfectly said
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think if he spoke such a position on such a subject a simple google search would turn it up. I think the left would have latched onto it.

I guess I'll take your word on it despite lack of any evidence that he has a public position on 2A.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe whatever you want.  I’m not trying to convince you of anything.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You made an assertion that appears to have no evidence. Musk is pretty libertarian in most of his views. You claim he made a statement and can't corroborate it, and can't be corroborated by multiple people doing searches on the topic.

Funny how his views on climate change, evolution, taxation, unions, drug use, AI, oil drilling, all of these can be found quickly with a google search, but his stance on guns can't be other than your interpretation of your recollection of a radio interview he gave some time in the past.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You made an assertion that appears to have no evidence. Musk is pretty libertarian in most of his views. You claim he made a statement and can't corroborate it, and can't be corroborated by multiple people doing searches on the topic.

Funny how his views on climate change, evolution, taxation, unions, drug use, AI, oil drilling, all of these can be found quickly with a google search, but his stance on guns can't be other than your interpretation of your recollection of a radio interview he gave some time in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I lie?  I already told you I was glad he was a free speech advocate. I heard that statement on guns and it turned me off.  It’s not like I’m a hater or anything.

This place is so weird. People are so 100%/0%, and get uptight at the notion that most of the time people are a mixed bag.

He’s not my hero, he’s not lower than worm shit either.  He’s just a dude.

If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s fine.

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why would I lie?  I already told you I was glad he was a free speech advocate. I heard that statement on guns and it turned me off.  It’s not like I’m a hater or anything.

This place is so weird. People are so 100%/0%, and get uptight at the notion that most of the time people are a mixed bag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't accuse you of lying. I said you made an accusation, a fairly serious one in the context of this being a gun forum, and that you provided no evidence for it. If you were able to substantiate your claim, we would be able to look into the context of his statement and possibly revise our opinions. I've read a couple books about Musk's life and companies, and watched most of the interviews he's given in the last 5 years or so. I don't agree with everything he says, but I've never seen him even comment on gun ownership one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#13]
The only worship here that makes us look bad is the worship of corporations as demigods and the worship of Disney and all that it owns.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I didn't accuse you of lying. I said you made an accusation, a fairly serious one in the context of this being a gun forum, and that you provided no evidence for it. If you were able to substantiate your claim, we would be able to look into the context of his statement and possibly revise our opinions. I've read a couple books about Musk's life and companies, and watched most of the interviews he's given in the last 5 years or so. I don't agree with everything he says, but I've never seen him even comment on gun ownership one way or the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard him say that he was against private ownership of guns.  I think that’s bad, but there are other things about him that aren’t so bad.

My opinion is based on that.

You are welcome to think otherwise.

You asked me where I heard that, and I told you.  Again, either you believe me or you don’t, and either is fine, I suppose.  I made no accusations, I just said what I heard.  It would be great if what I heard was available to click and verify, but apparently it’s not.   That’s a bummer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I heard him say that he was against private ownership of guns.  I think that’s bad, but there are other things about him that aren’t so bad.

You asked me where I heard that, and I told you.  Again, either you believe me or you don’t, and either is fine, I suppose.  I made no accusations, I just said what I heard.  It would be great if what I heard was available to click and verify, but apparently it’s not.   That’s a bummer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And again, unless I see evidence I don't believe you. He's one of the highest profile men on the planet, and you're talking about one of the hottest political issues in this country. Why would there be no corroboration of such an extreme position? That's even more extreme than Biden's official position on gun ownership. Even Bernie's. That's way out there with AOC.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top