User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please add me to your newsletter!

I hate all of the cost cap, limited testing, and part limits. We should be looking for the most advanced machines that the best engineers can build. Don't care if there are practice, qualifying, and race engines.

OP, sorry for the huge distraction
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do not get me started.

F1 should have people die all the time in my book. They should be looking for absolute speed regardless of cost with no limits placed on them.

Quoted:
F1 should be a death trap where the only goal is winning

F1 should have crazy engines (most of which unstandardized) which just race hard. Change engines every lap? That's fine, might hurt your time. Have a bazillion dollars to invest? Sweet, the world gets better cars.

F1 should legit be a contest of how fast cars can go, with no other rules

Please add me to your newsletter!

I hate all of the cost cap, limited testing, and part limits. We should be looking for the most advanced machines that the best engineers can build. Don't care if there are practice, qualifying, and race engines.

OP, sorry for the huge distraction

What you want is for humanity to flourish, as do I.

The uncomfortable part is that there are people that don't
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Every hoodrat that has a car that looks 95% identical to yours agrees.

Love the car, love the performance, but you're the only person.....including owners I personally know.... to EVER call it classy.

Maybe I'm wrong though.  I also saw a dude in the NV section who has more thermal and NVG goodies than I do, I was super jealous.  Until I saw the comparison photos he posted between them were....in a trailer park.

View Quote

No, you're not.  Chargers and Challengers are both ruined by the fact that everyone and their brother has one and thinks it's the baddest car around.  Absolutely nothing special about them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Viper's 8.4L V10 should be represented by a woman with E cups, not those tiny Bs.

Also, there's plenty of room in that block to increase displacement for even more NA goodness.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/509384/FB_IMG_1561215089090-2940818.jpg

Bonus targa top goodness for extra sexiness

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/509384/FB_IMG_1561215059296-2940820.jpg
View Quote

Better?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not yet, but I'm working pretty hard at it.

Large engines will always reign supreme, period. Boomers were right, there's no replacement for displacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drove a customers front engine Z06 the other day and it was insane.

Everyone does cars wrong in terms of soul, but America.

BMW used to be cool with nat asp only and rwd only and 50/50 but the government killed that.

Japs have always been gay

And yes, our laws are turbo gay what makes America awesome is we give zero shits and diesel delete faggotry then turbo a v10 because America. Fuck every other country in the world

Are you drunk already?

Large engines will always reign supreme, period. Boomers were right, there's no replacement for displacement.

Lol.....no.  I'm a fan of cars across the board, and the whole blanket statement "replacement for displacement" argument is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]

CajunMojo: gentleman, scholar, hero.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol.....no.  I'm a fan of cars across the board, and the whole blanket statement "replacement for displacement" argument is bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drove a customers front engine Z06 the other day and it was insane.

Everyone does cars wrong in terms of soul, but America.

BMW used to be cool with nat asp only and rwd only and 50/50 but the government killed that.

Japs have always been gay

And yes, our laws are turbo gay what makes America awesome is we give zero shits and diesel delete faggotry then turbo a v10 because America. Fuck every other country in the world

Are you drunk already?

I'm sorry I didn't know the gays were aware of cars outside of Littlepony
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are Challenger guys even car guys?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Car guys don't go around shitting on other vehicles to make their own ride 'better'

Are Challenger guys even car guys?

Most Challenger and Charger owners are just hood rich.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Viper's 8.4L V10 should be represented by a woman with E cups, not those tiny Bs.

Also, there's plenty of room in that block to increase displacement for even more NA goodness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There's some guys local to me who swapped a viper v10 into an rx8. Based.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe you can still buy a brand new one. I recall seeing 1 or two left that were never sold
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#13]
They launched them and they were way too expensive for the performance. I guess if you make few enough of them, it still makes up the value.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Ill start by saying I know nothing about this car, outside what I just googled. That being said Toyota/Lexus makes nothing that excites me on the performance side, such a boring car company. 4.8L V-10 w/ walnut sized pistons...
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based, but I would rather not die that quickly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better quickly than slowly!
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Love the Viper but it would be the body building chick with thick legs and a maybe-penis.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Love the Viper but it would be the body building chick with thick legs and a maybe-penis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think a Viper is more Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity. Strong, toned, might try to kill you, but still sleek and sexy.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe you can still buy a brand new one. I recall seeing 1 or two left that were never sold
View Quote

They've continued to dwindle. I'm not saying Craig Zinn has one untitled currently, but if there's any, I'm betting one of his still is. His dad was the first Toyota dealer in FL (mid 60s),  initial Lexus franchisee who has a great collection of rare Toyotas, including a number of 2000GT. He's a driver, and used to daily one CZAG controls two Lexus franchises now and was friends with Naruse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For the price I would rather have a true super car like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or very high end Porsche.
View Quote

Why?  For the price, you buy an LFA and drive it.  I don't think the LFA has crazy maintenance costs like other super cars. And in 20 years the LFA will still run like the day it came out of the factory.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm actually kind of meh on these. The V10 is tiny.
View Quote

Tiny V10.

The big boy V10 is 8+ liters.

The LFA is neat because they made it. But boring because it’s a Toyota. Boring lines and mild at best. Full of electronic nanny assists any “driver” looks good because the car does it all. If you want a surprise. Turn off all the traction control and stability crap and give it a drive.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#22]
All I can say is, Meh!
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:30:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a flattened out old Honda Prelude to me
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm actually kind of meh on these. The V10 is tiny.
View Quote

This one's 38% smaller.

Ferrari F2002 F1 V10 Engine Pure Sound

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When did GD become gay
View Quote

You're one of the smartest, most personable guys on this forum.
Why do you feel the need to mimic the retards?
Does GD have some sort of power over you?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#27]
One of the most insane sounding cars of all time from the factory.

Actual Toyoda family member had to say “no we’re doing this” IIRC

Literally the crown jewel of a corporation who is about to go into GM-style badge engineering hard.

There was a white one that sat at our dealer for several years inside the Lexus showroom. No clue what happened to it. Plenty of people around here that could swing the $.

A gen 3/4 Viper or C7 Z06 is more my affordability, but gotta give credit where it’s due.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Needs more Viper. One day WTC may be able to do more than just look at them.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That gauge cluster kinda changed the game.
View Quote

Everyone copied it
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Tiny V10.

The big boy V10 is 8+ liters.

The LFA is neat because they made it. But boring because it’s a Toyota. Boring lines and mild at best. Full of electronic nanny assists any “driver” looks good because the car does it all. If you want a surprise. Turn off all the traction control and stability crap and give it a drive.
View Quote

Driving nannies are on every car.  Go take a look at the number of computerized systems that help mediocre drivers keep from turning modern 911s into scrap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Driving nannies are on every car.  Go take a look at the number of computerized systems that help mediocre drivers keep from turning modern 911s into scrap.
View Quote

My Viper has one nanny. ABS. Everything else is on me to handle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No ABS or cupholders on mine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

My point was you were dissing the Lexus for nannies when they are pretty ubiquitous.  If you want to say your Viper is more manly because it doesn't have those features, ok, fine but don't single out Lexus as the only brand that tries to find ways to avoid killing their clients.  

If you want to talk about driver assistance, all I have is boosted brakes on mine.  Fortunately for me, even with some minor mods, I also have less than 200 hp as well.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My point was you were dissing the Lexus for nannies when they are pretty ubiquitous.  If you want to say your Viper is more manly because it doesn't have those features, ok, fine but don't single out Lexus as the only brand that tries to find ways to avoid killing their clients.  

If you want to talk about driver assistance, all I have is boosted brakes on mine.  Fortunately for me, even with some minor mods, I also have less than 200 hp as well.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/502236/IMG_4897_jpeg-2941035.JPG
View Quote

But you get there in style with that fine tan leather interior.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This one's 38% smaller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqaJKTRs-Kg

View Quote

Sad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Not that useful for picking up lumber at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#37]
That seriously sounded like asshole.  Comparing a viper v10 to the perfectly balanced Lexus is hilarious

fun story and why I love the cars I do.  DSM shootout probably 2001ish.  Mopar Nationals happened the night before.  There are half a dozen vipers including a henny still at the track doing some tuning.  viper happened to be my favorite car at the time. I was attending the shootout with a Friend.  

then all the 4 banger forced induction awd cars hit the track.  I watched all of the vipers get smoked time after time by a bunch of 16yo kids running fish tank regulators for boost controllers.  The old boomer Hennessy guy really didn't like loosing  3 of 3 to a bunch kids in $1000 cars. After the third lose he got out. Whipped his $1000 shoei helmet down the track and kicked in his own viper door.  

it was at that point I knew what my favorite cars were

track announcers were almost as good.
"kids, last night was the mopar nationals, There cars wererunning 9 seconds and breaking drive shafts" he blasts across the PA. The first two cars rip sub 9 and the Announcer shits himself.  

second run a carbon shaft explodes.  Someone ran on to the track held up the pieces and yelled to the announcer. "Yea it's carbon fiber"

good times.

comparing anything mopar to the Lexus isn't even possible and I am a huge mopar fan boy.   The 90-99 eclipse is the baddest mopar and possible best car ever made.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#38]

From that angle the rear end looks like a Sebring convertible which is a shame.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
comparing anything mopar to the Lexus isn't even possible and I am a huge mopar fan boy.   The 90-99 eclipse is the baddest mopar and possible best car ever made.  
View Quote

In 2012 the LFA was chasing the gen 4 Vipers Nuremberg times and couldn’t beat it. It got close. With all the technology it still couldn’t beat a viper with none of the nannys. I find that funny. But yet here we are and you’re making a Mitsubishi reference. The early 2000 eclipse was a neat body style and the cars were fun. But I don’t know of any Mitsubishi or Lexus powered vehicle for that matter that came in a factory 8 second 1/4 time either. (Demon 170 reference incase you aren’t aware of it)

Don’t see many of the eclipses on the road today. Doesn’t look like they held the test of time either. Most were riced out or just trashed in general.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#40]

That sounds mean, but it's not stock.

I love American muscle, big V8's and V10's as well as high revving engines like the one's in the LFA or the Italian supercars.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

From that angle the rear end looks like a Sebring convertible which is a shame.
View Quote

Well they are both Dodge products. Can’t be too surprised there. you’re the first person I’ve ever heard say it through. Comparison for entertainment purposes

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

In 2012 the LFA was chasing the gen 4 Vipers  times and couldn't beat it. It got close. With all the technology it still couldn't beat a viper with none of the nannys. I find that funny. But yet here we are and you're making a Mitsubishi reference. The early 2000 eclipse was a neat body style and the cars were fun. But I don't know of any Mitsubishi or Lexus powered vehicle for that matter that came in a factory 8 second 1/4 time either. (Demon 170 reference incase you aren't aware of it)

Don't see many of the eclipses on the road today. Doesn't look like they held the test of time either. Most were riced out or just trashed in general.
View Quote
It's not always about lap times. The pre 99 eclipses were made in Illinois's (by mopar incase your weren't aware of it) .  My riced out one is still on the road smoking hellcats for fun.

eta:  wtf is Nuremberg?? Lol the lfa was never meant to win paper titles.  It was meant to be the best driving car ever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's not always about lap times. The pre 99 eclipses were made in Illinois's.  My riced out one is still on the road smoking hellcats for fun.
View Quote

There’s two sets of times people pay attention to in performance. Straight line or road coarse. You’re saying it’s not about lap times then mentions your car still being around smoking hellcats.

You’re a wee bit contradictory there in your statement.

Would like to know more about this 10 second eclipse though. I did like that body style back when it came out. Especially the GSX-T. Favorite from that era was the 3000GT VR4 Spyder though. That car was ahead of it’s time.

The main point that usually sticks in my head is that when you push things to the extreme limits. Like massive boost in a smallish 4 cyl things don’t tend to last long without major rebuilds. The viper makes 600+ stock. And with a few bolt ons or a cam/head upgrade 700.

To get that power to weight ratio in a smaller 4cyl it’s a shit ton of stress going into the motor to do it. I remember back in the 2000’s. The saying was “there’s no replacement for displacement except technology” it was the rally call of the 20 year old reply to the boomers. As I get older though. It’s easy to note the reality is that same tech can be applied to big engines. Like the Calvaro Motorsports 2400hp Gen V viper. It really depends on where you want to start off with as a platform.

All the stuff done to an eclipse done to a hellcat or Z06 or Viper. Would make that eclipse get left behind in the dust. As for the reference to John Hennessy. He’s a scam artist that is hated in the Viper world. He ripped off people repeatedly and did dangerously unreliable tuning to engines.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There's two sets of times people pay attention to in performance. Straight line or road coarse. You're saying it's not about lap times then mentions your car still being around smoking hellcats.

You're a wee bit contradictory there in your statement.

Would like to know more about this 10 second eclipse though. I did like that body style back when it came out. Especially the GSX-T. Favorite from that era was the 3000GT VR4 Spyder though. That car was ahead of it's time.

The main point that usually sticks in my head is that when you push things to the extreme limits. Like massive boost in a smallish 4 cyl things don't tend to last long without major rebuilds. The viper makes 600+ stock. And with a few bolt ons or a cam/head upgrade 700.

To get that power to weight ratio in a smaller 4cyl it's a shit ton of stress going into the motor to do it. I remember back in the 2000's. The saying was "there's no replacement for displacement except technology" it was the rally call of the 20 year old reply to the boomers. As I get older though. It's easy to note the reality is that same tech can be applied to big engines. Like the Calvaro Motorsports 2400hp Gen V viper. It really depends on where you want to start off with as a platform.

All the stuff done to an eclipse done to a hellcat or Z06 or Viper. Would make that eclipse get left behind in the dust. As for the reference to John Hennessy. He's a scam artist that is hated in the Viper world. He ripped off people repeatedly and did dangerously unreliable tuning to engines.

View Quote
It isn't always about times unless that's what you're going for.  The LFA was never supposed to the fastest. It wasnt supposed to be a pure performance race car.  It's a drivers car. Luxury sport tourer.

I mention the eclipse because it was the best car mopar ever put their hands on.

as for the boost I'm running 30psi(+bigger turbo) on this car and have been for 40,000 miles.  Stock block. Stock tranny.  over twice the factory power.

but neither my car nor ANY mopar belong in an LFA thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They've continued to dwindle. I'm not saying Craig Zinn has one untitled currently, but if there's any, I'm betting one of his still is. His dad was the first Toyota dealer in FL (mid 60s),  initial Lexus franchisee who has a great collection of rare Toyotas, including a number of 2000GT. He's a driver, and used to daily one CZAG controls two Lexus franchises now and was friends with Naruse.
View Quote

A shame that enthusiast owned dealerships are dwindling these days. The late owner of one of the bigger Toyota dealerships here had quite a collection, including a LFA. Don't think it lasted more than a month or two after his passing before his daughter liquidated it all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It isn't always about times unless that's what you're going for.  The LFA was never supposed to the fastest. It wasnt supposed to be a pure performance race car.  It's a drivers car. Luxury sport tourer.

I mention the eclipse because it was the best car mopar ever put their hands on.

as for the boost I'm running 30psi(+bigger turbo) on this car and have been for 40,000 miles.  Stock block. Stock tranny.  over twice the factory power.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/280864/IMG_6655-2905458.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/280864/IMG_8711-2905460.jpg

but neither my car nor ANY mopar belong in an LFA thread.
View Quote

That’s the best body style of the eclipse lineup as far as I am concerned.

Plenty of guys run the stock Gen 5 vipers up to 1000hp on the oem bottom end. As well as the stock rear gears and transmission. Beyond that though. Things tend to break.

As for Vipers in a LFA thread. So far there’s more than one Viper owner in here…
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A shame that enthusiast owned dealerships are dwindling these days. The late owner of one of the bigger Toyota dealerships here had quite a collection, including a LFA. Don't think it lasted more than a month or two after his passing before his daughter liquidated it all.
View Quote

Sadly that happens. Look at the flying hearts collection for an example. Paul Allen was still warm and his family was ready to sell off the collection even after he set it up to be a self maintaining collection that actually made profits from the exhibitions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#48]
1. The LFA looks much better in person than in print.

2. It is the best sounding car I've ever heard up close and personal.  

3. Love the Viper, but come on, why are we talking about it in an LFA thread?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did GD become gay

That's very kind of you but I'm actually retarded
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top