Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
People complain about the MP5 family being dated while running what's essentially a Sten gun with a semi trigger and more room for rails.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But its also easy for normies to use, which is why euro cops still issue it.

My wife is much more on the euro cop than the sas side of the shooting skill spectrum.  

Its benefit as a non shooters gun is its biggest selling point in my mind.  I love shooting my two but would pick an AR over it everytime if I knew it was going to be used defensively.
View Quote

No doubt the AR is a better general purpose arm

But I feel applying that role is disingenuous to the role that the MP5/K was born to rule in the first place.

I just pitty those who turn their nose up at them. They have no clue what they are missing out on
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
People complain about the MP5 family being dated while running what's essentially a Sten gun with a semi trigger and more room for rails.
View Quote

The MP5 was modular before being modular was cool

So long ago that people cant fathom the MP5 being 'modern'. Its just as easy to kit one out as anything else.

"Muh bOlT HOld opEN thO"
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I briefly owned a Cetme. It ruined HK MP5's and HK91's for me. The lack of a last shot bolt hold open annoyed me. As the did the charging handle. So much so that I really have no interest in owning another HK 91 rifle or MP5 pistol. I might make an exception for a full auto.

My CZ Scorpion pistol charges like an HK MP5 on the 1st magazine. It differs in the fact that it has both a last shot bolt hold open and a bolt release. Those features allow subsequent mag changes and chamberings to be done without needing to work the charging handle. The CZ charging handle is reversible.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanted one since I was in my early 20s. Only took a decade or so

Are there PCCs better at some stuff than the MP5 family? Yes.

Are there PCCs better at being an MP5? No.

For me, this is where it's at.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Try adding a registered pack to it.  Way to easy to shoot.  No way it’s obsolete.  The UZI is obsolete but still fun to shoot FA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuuuuuu. The SP5K-PDW is my grail gun right now and I ain't settling for clones.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yet it's still the best SMG. None of this blowback operated shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the mp5 is for people who have a really, really hard time leaving the 80s behind

Yet it's still the best SMG. None of this blowback operated shit.

B&T Enters Chat:

B&T APC45 Versus H&K UMP 45 (Full Auto Slow Motion)

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

That guy has really good technique, and he’s still getting pushed all over.

MP5 looks more controllable.

For the haters, what design has relegated the MP5 to the dustbin?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the mp5 is for people who have a really, really hard time leaving the 80s behind
View Quote

Name a better host in type platform.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wanted one since I was in my early 20s. Only took a decade or so

Are there PCCs better at some stuff than the MP5 family? Yes.

Are there PCCs better at being an MP5? No.

For me, this is where it's at.

https://i.imgur.com/PKAktHw.jpg
View Quote

I really want to try one of those stocks
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
roller lock > gas piston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blowback
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#15]
The Mac 10/9 with a lage upper have outperformed the Mp5 numerous times at knob creek during head to head competitions.

I know that upsets a lot of hk purists and fanboys.  But it is true.

The mp5 does weigh less.  Both are about as ergonomic as a brick.

FWIW, I use 36 round modified Suomi magazines in my M10/9.  So, it also has better capacity.  And is a lot more reliable to boot.

I don't like my sbr'd semi reverse stretch mp5 clone.  It's my least reliable gun that I own and I have always regretted getting it and sbr'ing.

Where semiauto pcc's and the likes are concerned, there are far better options these days, and for less money.  But it's not like hk is gonna stop milking the cash cow and why they keep producing it.  But, as I mentioned earlier, there are far better designs out there these days.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Mac 10/9 with a lage upper have outperformed the Mp5 numerous times at knob creek during head to head competitions.

FWIW, I use 36 round modified Suomi magazines in my M10/9.  So, it also has better capacity.  And is a lot more reliable to boot.

I don't like my sbr'd semi reverse stretch mp5 clone.  It's my least reliable gun that I own and I have always regretted getting it and sbr'ing.

Where semiauto pcc's and the likes are concerned, there are far better options these days, and for less money.  But it's not like hk is gonna stop milking the cash cow.
View Quote

I own and have shot both FA MP5's and MACs. If a MAC variant beat an MP5 its more likely a matter of the Indian, not the arrow. My MAC is fun, but I'll take my MP5 over my MAC any day.

Who built your reverse stretch?  The RS guns can certainly be problematic compared to either the the full size or the k guns since they're a bastardized mix of both.  I've got full size and k's from different manufacturers have all been perfect, even with  sear.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#17]
That's slick. I hope to own one some day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Wanted an MP5 for years.
Finally decided it's only money.

Neither of mine are H&K guns, but they rock.
The full size is a SBR now, and the K has the SHF Tailhook sliding brace but I don't have a current picture.

But I agree with you wholeheartedly OP.

Attachment Attached File

Edited to add:
They are especially fun now that my suppressor is out of jail!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Dude is getting blown all over the place. If it recoils that much; it offers nothing over my 300blk(not counting current ammo prices) other than getting slightly smaller.

SMGs need to have no recoil and get extremely small to be useful now.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not even close. I have extensive full auto trigger time on both.

Sten = open bolt bucking bronco inaccurate rattle trap.

MP5 = smooth as ball bearings see your hits thru the sights while firing accurate AF

Both are 9mm, guess you can say that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Where semiauto pcc's and the likes are concerned, there are far better options these days, and for less money.  But it's not like hk is gonna stop milking the cash cow and why they keep producing it.  But, as I mentioned earlier, there are far better designs out there these days.
View Quote

I have both and there is no way the swd11 is better even with a lage upper.

Also I would never want to bet my life on a SWD gun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You say that like it’s a bad thing…
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#24]
The K really needs a can and it has a lot more muzzle flip than the full sized MP5.  I qualled on one some years back and it was pretty tough to control on auto compared to the full sized gun.  

I wouldn't go with one over the full size MP5.  It gives up a lot of practical accuracy that's needed to deliver multiple hits quickly.

YMMV.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I own both an MP5K-PDW and a full sized MP5.

I love them both for different reasons.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sure

Im not really sure what you are arguing here

In reality the difference, excluding the extended barrel as already discussed, is the addition of a stock, locking piece, and different rear sight

But they are the same gun otherwise. All this can be user swapped
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They may very well offer the K now with a threaded barrel in their modern incarnation.  However, the PDW configuration is spec'd with a stock for more accurate fire to increase the effective range.  

The history and development of the MP5K and the subsequent PDW was narrated to us in the Gray Room by the late G3Kurz, with emphasis on the differences that make them unique.

Sure

Im not really sure what you are arguing here

In reality the difference, excluding the extended barrel as already discussed, is the addition of a stock, locking piece, and different rear sight

But they are the same gun otherwise. All this can be user swapped

Sorry if I'm giving the appearance of arguing.  I'm just being more technical than necessary I guess.  These threads are always good, and have good info, just wanted to be sure info was accurate.

I agree that the MP5K/PDW is great and thanks for making the thread, always nice to see pics of other setups.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

MP5 = smooth as ball bearings see your hits thru the sights while firing accurate AF

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do believe he was knocking the direct blowback semi auto AR9s and other direct blowback setups.

Nothing modern about direct blowback 9mm PCCs/subguns, even with special buffers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry if I'm giving the appearance of arguing.  I'm just being more technical than necessary I guess.  These threads are always good, and have good info, just wanted to be sure info was accurate.

I agree that the MP5K/PDW is great and thanks for making the thread, always nice to see pics of other setups.
View Quote

All in good fun my man!

I too love them and love talking about them

But yes you are correct there are some differences in the K and the PDW that should be adhered to
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Do believe he was knocking the direct blowback semi auto AR9s and other direct blowback setups.

Nothing modern about direct blowback 9mm PCCs/subguns, even with special buffers.
View Quote

Yep, that was a reading comprehension fail.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#31]
On steroids.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
the MP5K and MP5K-PDW are uniquely different
View Quote

Unless there is a happy switch on the K it is worthless as are all stockless semi auto pistol caliber guns like it.

Now a semi MP5K-PDW is pretty sweet.

A real MP5 is sweeter

but a real MP5 cut down to K length is the sweetest of them all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll take mine as a reverse stretch. Please, and thank you.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/37/1c/09371c22daa6740c466b5e0d6134b3a1.jpg
View Quote

It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Sexiest subgun ever, no doubt. It’s an outdated design, though. Yeah, recoil is minimal. But, like how a 1911 still has the best trigger available, there are better, more modern options available.

I just went through this very decision. I’ve been debating picking one up for about the past month. This past Friday, I ordered a B&T APC9K pro that accepts Glock mags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, then we agree.

Scorpions, B&Ts, AR9s with one exception, etc are nothing but closed bolt Sten guns with more room for doohickeys.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Meh.

It's ok.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Rare instance both FPNI and SPNI.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep, that was a reading comprehension fail.
View Quote
My bad doh!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
its also not for poor people
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#39]
What makes it and the full-size so good is the capacity for full auto, and the ability to control them in close quarters.  I think that fact gets forgotten in the many past threads of how the mp5 series is outdated, and/or only a gun if nostalgia at this point. Ease of suppression usually does get mentioned.

I loved my first SP5. I sold it, and made more than twice what I picked it up for.  I regretted it, waited, and found another for the original no markup price. It’s definitely a fun you regret selling. HK slaps during the downtime will make it hard to ever get rid of another.

On a serious note, I have it mainly through nostalgia, and after having experience with the binary, it certainly isn’t as functional or fast as the real thing, or even as close as a RareBT FRT for an AR. I’m hoping FRT releases one for HK or something else besides Franklin releases a trigger, because MP5 triggers in Semi owners, have always been terrible. And that makes the gun to many useless and even more outdated.  

For me, without that full auto function, it turns my SP5 or any semi MP5, into fun gun territory. There’s such a huge market fir AR triggers, and even without binary or FRT triggers, triggers like the SD3G is insanely easy to fire fast. And this market isn’t there for the MP5. I believe the MP5 sort of “compensated” for its lack of updates over the years, by being a design that’s great for suppression but surely putting rounds on target fast using that full auto capability, at short range.

I’ll keep mine, as nostalgia makes the gun my favorite, but I do always wonder how the topic of full auto rarely gets brought up as an argument. It’s what the MP5 was meant for and excels at.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's probably not apples to apples, but I was shooting my TP9 and my MP5 this weekend, but suppressed, and the MP5 is miles softer with less recoil and snap. That's my experience with the APC as well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's probably not apples to apples, but I was shooting my TP9 and my MP5 this weekend, but suppressed, and the MP5 is miles softer with less recoil and snap. That's my experience with the APC as well.
View Quote

Still kind of want a TP9

It seems 9mm firearms get me more excited than about anything else
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#42]
They're OK if they're the real select-fire version.

If they're semi-auto they're a gigantic 9mm range toy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
They shoot soooo nice, especially suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was the Lords caliber, .45ACP. My GHM45 has so little recoil that I can't justify the upgrayedd to the APC.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#45]
This guys video really rekindled my want for the platform.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZmf6gXFVzM/?utm_medium=copy_link
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dude is getting blown all over the place. If it recoils that much; it offers nothing over my 300blk(not counting current ammo prices) other than getting slightly smaller.

SMGs need to have no recoil and get extremely small to be useful now.

View Quote

That was .45 ACP and I assure you my GHM45 is a queef compared to 300BLK subs.

MP5's - 100K round SPENDEX = There are much better hammers that don't weigh more than a 6933.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#47]

That's got to be worse than an Obrez
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Not for the poors, but there is the JP5

Roller goodness with AR controls.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top