BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 431
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Highly recommended opening an account with coin tracking if your an active trader . New tax
Reform going to make it fucky for us
View Quote
Dude, nice find!   It looks like I can import trade trade history.  This is a life saver for me.  I have over 100 pages of trades at Poloniex alone.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hope so because LTC has been disappointing lately.  Getting spoiled by the quick moving alts...
View Quote
Yeah I really like Litecoin.  I luckily took my funds out of Litecoin and put them in some other things temporarily.  I plan to jump back into it in a couple of days.  I'm currently waiting to see what happens with Verge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
EMB just opened up their BTC market on cryptopia.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
EMB just opened up their BTC market on cryptopia.
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The one question I have isn't about the project specifically, but about the involvement of Charles Hoskinson.

When I was first starting out researching crypto (a grandeous 7-8 months ago), one of the first interesting long form, multi part interviews I watched was with Hoskinson and he never mentioned Cardano or any other initiatives/projects (he was still pushing the future of Ethereum Classic).

I realize that this all falls under the umbrella of IOHK and it's only a few months old, but I'm curious when he decided to switch directions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither did I which is why I didn't buy much early......

XRP and COLX are about the only early calls I made.  
Actually the TRX pump triggered a sell limit I set a while back and forgot so it gave me some profits to buy near the support of ADA.

I've been trying to figure if I should regard ADA as another shitcoin to play with or something going somewhere.
Its legit.

https://whycardano.com/
The one question I have isn't about the project specifically, but about the involvement of Charles Hoskinson.

When I was first starting out researching crypto (a grandeous 7-8 months ago), one of the first interesting long form, multi part interviews I watched was with Hoskinson and he never mentioned Cardano or any other initiatives/projects (he was still pushing the future of Ethereum Classic).

I realize that this all falls under the umbrella of IOHK and it's only a few months old, but I'm curious when he decided to switch directions.
When the entire ETH ecosystem decided they preferred vitalik and abandoned code is law.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been reading the embercoin website but haven't quite figured out.... am I supposed to keep my EMB in my own (PC) wallet during the coin burn, or on an exchange?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When the entire ETH ecosystem decided they preferred vitalik and abandoned code is law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the TRX pump triggered a sell limit I set a while back and forgot so it gave me some profits to buy near the support of ADA.

I've been trying to figure if I should regard ADA as another shitcoin to play with or something going somewhere.
Its legit.

I was referring to his move from ETC to ADA (not the original ETH split). Is that the case now with ETC (knowing that Barry Silbert has been involved for a while now)?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
How far is ADA gonna climb?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Did xvg find a new floor?  Been hovering right around 1100 for several hours now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was referring to his move from ETC to ADA (not the original ETH split). Is that the case now with ETC (knowing that Barry Silbert has been involved for a while now)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its legit.

ETC is a fork of ETH.  ADA is a new development effort, built to be correct (same with Tezos).  ETH was built to be expedient, by someone without the experience or expertise to build something to be correct.

So it's completely understandable to me that one would abandon ETH (and ETC) and move to ADA or Tezos.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ETC is a fork of ETH.  ADA is a new development effort, built to be correct (same with Tezos).  ETH was built to be expedient, by someone without the experience or expertise to build something to be correct.

So it's completely understandable to me that one would abandon ETH (and ETC) and move to ADA or Tezos.
View Quote
I wouldn’t touch Tezos.  Research them first.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tezos will be fine when they launch.  I've been following them since long before the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did xvg find a new floor?  Been hovering right around 1100 for several hours now.
View Quote
Just curious
Why do a lot of people refer to a coin value vs bitcoin instead of its USD price?
Bitcoin has doubled and then halved in a few weeks, seems a bit wonky to use a coin's BTC value when BTC is anything but constant
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Technically, ETH is a fork of ETC.

Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tezos will be fine when they launch.  I've been following them since long before the beginning.
View Quote
From an article on Business Insider,

“The third largest ICO, Tezos, raised $232. It is now embroiled in lawsuits, controversy, and allegations of US securities laws violations and investor fraud.”

Seems to be lots of bad news about them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just curious
Why do a lot of people refer to a coin value vs bitcoin instead of its USD price?
Bitcoin has doubled and then halved in a few weeks, seems a bit wonky to use a coin's BTC value when BTC is anything but constant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just curious
b/c when you sell and buy alt you do it back to another trading coin..  being BTC or LTC or whatever..  its more appropriate to trade and new everything in SATS rather than USD...
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a fair point.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

“The third largest ICO, Tezos, raised $232. It is now embroiled in lawsuits, controversy, and allegations of US securities laws violations and investor fraud.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really give a fuck what bi says about it, I'm reading the Tezos developers chat thread continually.

There's a lot of foundation nonsense going on, but the development of the tech is still ongoing.  I don't care about the foundation, that's just money.  I care about the development of the technology.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll just be over here hoarding my fractions of Bitcoins...
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lots if fighting because they are sitting on a fuckton of potential. Good tech and a war chest of close to $1 billion since the crypto raised in the ICO has appreciated in value.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't really give a fuck what bi says about it, I'm reading the Tezos developers chat thread continually.

There's a lot of foundation nonsense going on, but the development of the tech is still ongoing.  I don't care about the foundation, that's just money.  I care about the development of the technology.
View Quote
Well, aren’t you a peach to talk to.....  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lots if fighting because they are sitting on a fuckton of potential. Good tech and a war chest of close to $1 billion since the crypto raised in the ICO has appreciated in value.
View Quote
I’ll have to keep an eye on it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There's a lot of foundation nonsense going on, but the development of the tech is still ongoing.  I donm't care about the foundation, that's just money.  I care about the development of the technology.
View Quote
yea It's still a promising project, but holy shit the only other place you can see a billion dollars accomplish nothing is in the government
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

umm.

Do you need a safe space?

Business Insider is not a tech publication, they're badly misinformed in nearly everything they post.

You can follow the Breitmans on facebook, twitter, telegram, riot, reddit, and probably some I've never heard of if you want the story from the horse's mouth.  There's a lot of fud, there's some problems with the foundation, but the guy who started it all has built the network and is continuing development regardless, with an aim for a February release.  You can download the docker image and run the testnet right now if you want, you can pull up their github and read the code if you can.  As far as the development goes, they've been pretty transparent.

I don't care much what an ambulance chaser in california thinks he can get out of a lawsuit against a group of people that don't have any money, which is what they did.  Filing a lawsuit against the developers when all the money is completely controlled by the foundation is idiotic.  Filing a lawsuit in which one claims to have purchased unregistered securities which they were prohibited by the terms of the sale to purchase because of their location in the US is also idiotic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
yea It's still a promising project, but holy shit the only other place you can see a billion dollars accomplish nothing is in the government
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lot of foundation nonsense going on, but the development of the tech is still ongoing.  I donm't care about the foundation, that's just money.  I care about the development of the technology.
Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#26]
What's everyone's favorite sub 0.01 cent coin? I just grabbed another half a btc, most is spoken for, but I have a couple hundred worth I'm gambling with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How far is ADA gonna climb?
View Quote
I sold at the peak today, 5900 sat... have a buy order back in at 5414 so hopefully it hits that before climbing again
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What's everyone's favorite sub 0.01 cent coin? I just grabbed another half a btc, most is spoken for, but I have a couple hundred worth I'm gambling with.
View Quote
KIN and BCN... also if you can spare 0.03 Intense coin has the most potential
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Become an embernaire
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
What do you mean by the phrase, "build something to be correct"?
ETA: I think you are referring to building software correctly. If so, what specifics are you referring to?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I just realized I haven’t really been in GD for over a week. This thread is now my home.

I don’t know whether to be impressed, or sad.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Any of you guys use a trader bot such as cryptobot or cryptotrader?   Seems like with the current volatility, automated trading could be fairly profitable....
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just realized I haven't really been in GD for over a week. This thread is now my home.

I don't know whether to be impressed, or sad.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. I used to rove all over the vast landscape of arfcom
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any of you guys use a trader bot such as cryptobot or cryptotrader?   Seems like with the current volatility, automated trading could be fairly profitable....
View Quote
or you could miss a trip to the moon because it was selling at a 1% gain
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Sold off a bunch of ADA and dumped it in XRP.

Hope i dont regret it
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sold off a bunch of ADA and dumped it in XRP.

Hope i dont regret it
View Quote
I like ada as a long term coin. Especially if it can replace ethereum.
I want to pick a bunch up if it hits $0.50
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

or you could miss a trip to the moon because it was selling at a 1% gain
View Quote
Yeah that's a definite possibility - I think I'd just dedicate a small percentage of any given coin towards day-trading/bot-trading.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#38]
For sake of interest....

Anybody keeping a close eye on any ICO’s?

Which?

Researching LWF now(Local Word Forwarders)
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was thinking the same thing. I used to rove all over the vast landscape of arfcom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just realized I haven't really been in GD for over a week. This thread is now my home.

I don't know whether to be impressed, or sad.
I used to lurk in GD all day. Now I go every few days to check for new crypto threads. Haha
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I like ada as a long term coin. Especially if it can replace ethereum.
I want to pick a bunch up if it hits $0.50
View Quote
When it gets down that way, i may be all in.

Ill pick up a bunch more when it hits .60
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I used one when I did currency trading. What I did was let it decide the right time to buy then decide when to sell myself/skimming.

Had good luck but took too much of my time/life
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Ok who here is pumping POE? Lol.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ok who here is pumping POE? Lol.
View Quote
Been on a crazy run today.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Also...

Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Anybody having issues with GDAX (coinbase)? Trying to move some LTC from GDAX to Binance and it's been an hour and hasn't even registered/started confirming yet at Binance. Usually LTC is confirmed/complete in 8-10 minutes but it still shows pending on Coinbase, is this GDAX/Coinbase being a turd?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Nvm
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Also...

View Quote
Who is that faggot?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Who is that faggot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also...

Who is that faggot?
XVG Whale: Discussing Meeting Verge Creator Sunerok & Wraith Protocol Release
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anybody having issues with GDAX (coinbase)? Trying to move some LTC from GDAX to Binance and it's been an hour and hasn't even registered/started confirming yet at Binance. Usually LTC is confirmed/complete in 8-10 minutes but it still shows pending on Coinbase, is this GDAX/Coinbase being a turd?
View Quote
So far this weekend transfers from coinbase to binance in ETH have ranged from minutes to hours.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Also...

View Quote
Get me an address. I’ll swing by and ask.
Page / 431
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top