[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We could do a whole set including Mason
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to remind you all to check in here for the next hike. Will go 14NOV2019 at about 1900.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
i found the theme song

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Did 3.5 miles at 16:20/mile w/ 35lbs this am. Felt good. Plenty left in the tank. I’ll increase distance this week.

For a more economical armor solution, does anyone have thoughts on steel ops? It’s fully coated ar600 and seems pretty good, especially for the price.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did 3.5 miles at 16:20/mile w/ 35lbs this am. Felt good. Plenty left in the tank. I’ll increase distance this week.

For a more economical armor solution, does anyone have thoughts on steel ops? It’s fully coated ar600 and seems pretty good, especially for the price.
View Quote
How much are you willing to spend, and how do you intend on wearing your armor?

Concealed or overt?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Concealed or overt?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concealed or overt?
I need to be under $400 right now. I’d like the flexibility to have an adaptable carrier. Something I can toss under a stiff jacket(Duluth fire hose) or slap some mag carriers and gear on it.

I know at my price point I have to compromise and will need to upgrade components. It’ll be my first, not last(hopefully).

I am looking at this specifically with either the pro plates or armis plates: https://shop.steelops.com/products/vanquish-kit

It’ll take higher quality accessories and then I can upgrade the carrier as funds allow.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I need to be under $400 right now. I’d like the flexibility to have an adaptable carrier. Something I can toss under a stiff jacket(Duluth fire hose) or slap some mag carriers and gear on it.

I know at my price point I have to compromise and will need to upgrade components. It’ll be my first, not last(hopefully).

I am looking at this specifically with either the pro plates or armis plates: https://shop.steelops.com/products/vanquish-kit

It’ll take higher quality accessories and then I can upgrade the carrier as funds allow.
View Quote
If you are going to purchase steel armor, you should find plates significantly thinner than those you posted. Velocity makes plates that are special threat steel plates .27" thick. A couple other companies do similar plates in the price range you are looking at- and they are able to be worn under a tshirt if you want. You are looking at stuff twice as thick.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you are going to purchase steel armor, you should find plates significantly thinner than those you posted. Velocity makes plates that are special threat steel plates .27" thick. A couple other companies do similar plates in the price range you are looking at- and they are able to be worn under a tshirt if you want. You are looking at stuff twice as thick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I’ll check it out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also- if you have a good plate carrier, the need for a spray on spall guard coating for your steel plates really is negligible. At least from the testing I've seen. Not saying there is no danger there...just smaller than people think.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Do any NOVA battle buddies have armored vehicles?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Do want

GD Growler $18k
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do want

GD Growler $18k
View Quote
Needs more pink spray paint.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do want

GD Growler $18k
View Quote
No bro. No. Not when you can get this for a couple thousand more after shipping:

Or this for a couple thousand less after shipping:

In all seriousness though...could we find a big enough donor, or work out some other way, to get some armor which we could bring out to protests in January?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No bro. No. Not when you can get this for a couple thousand more after shipping:

https://www.mortarinvestments.eu/userfiles/files/IMG_20180403_1324319.jpg

https://www.mortarinvestments.eu/userfiles/images/items/BRDM2/1262.jpg

In all seriousness though...could we find a big enough donor, or work out some other way, to get some armor which we could bring out to protests in January?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do want

GD Growler $18k

Yes! Worst case we should turn my truck into a technical.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do want

GD Growler $18k

We have a couple NBB guys with MGs that we could put on a pintle mount...want to bolt a pedestal in the back of your truck?

-break-

@DK-Prof would you provide something to pintle mount? Or anyone got something belt fed?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We have a couple NBB guys with MGs that we could put on a pintle mount...want to bolt a pedestal in the back of your truck?

-break-

@DK-Prof would you provide something to pintle mount? Or anyone got something belt fed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do want

GD Growler $18k

-break-

An up-armored tractor with a PTO could be interesting... .45-70 gatling gun, if you know what I'm saying...
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Also- if you have a good plate carrier, the need for a spray on spall guard coating for your steel plates really is negligible. At least from the testing I've seen. Not saying there is no danger there...just smaller than people think.
View Quote
The thickness you were talking about makes more sense now. I wasn’t finding anything really thinner than the 7/16” with full coating.

Swimmers or shooters cut? I’m a chesty hombre(powerlifter).
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh and most importantly: coyote, od, or Multicam?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am sure a mount for a Madsen could be fabricated, but the 25 rd mags would definitely be a limitation ... not to mention that the SEVEN mags I own seem to be the only ones left in the entire world.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do want

GD Growler $18k

-break-

I am sure a mount for a Madsen could be fabricated, but the 25 rd mags would definitely be a limitation ... not to mention that the SEVEN mags I own seem to be the only ones left in the entire world.  
Wikipedia has a picture with a mount for a motorcycle side car

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Nimbus_motorcycle_with_site_car_and_mounted_Madsen_M48_machine_gun.JPG
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Inb4 Southern Poverty Law Center declares NoVA Battle Buddies a hate group and/or a terrorist group.
View Quote
I would instantly orgasm if that happened.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Bonchon Leesburg has reopened.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your GF is a white supremacist
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inb4 Southern Poverty Law Center declares NoVA Battle Buddies a hate group and/or a terrorist group.
I hope they call me a racist.
So is my wife
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So is my wife
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is my wife
This Asian and Latino white supremacy must stop!
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is my wife
Look at this!  Wearing white

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concealed or overt?

Huh.  That's about half what I paid for the 511 TacTec I got in the spring.  (Still don't have proper plates for it, but I load it up with plates from my weight set).

Any idea of quality / functional differences?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't think there would be anything illegal about us building pvc 25 mm bushmaster cannons for boogadeen parade technicals
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Local AO dictates either green or coyote, but realistically for part of the year it'll be under EWCS or some sort of jacket anyways.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Local AO dictates either green or coyote, but realistically for part of the year it'll be under EWCS or some sort of jacket anyways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
All my gear is either OD or coyote brown.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ranger green or multicam
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Turns out I am a terrible boyfriend and have no idea where my SO is most of the time.

Anyway, she's in Austin (I swear I thought she was in California, but to be fair, the last time I saw her was at 4am a few days ago, her telling me she was headed to Dulles) and is sending me pictures of Civil War memorials... felt it appropriate to share in this thread:

Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Turns out I am a terrible boyfriend and have no idea where my SO is most of the time.

Anyway, she's in Austin (I swear I thought she was in California, but to be fair, the last time I saw her was at 4am a few days ago, her telling me she was headed to Dulles) and is sending me pictures of Civil War memorials... felt it appropriate to share in this thread:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/1573401513564-1156026.jpg
View Quote
Virginia only signed the Constitution during ratification because James Madison explained at the House of Burgesses it was a revocable contract.

There's some quote where some guy asks "What is the Constitution?" And Madison replies "We shall find it in the states."

Also, Virginia didn't leave with South Carolina. We left later.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#37]
WOW!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ranger green or multicam
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ranger green or multicam
Ranger green is most common with domestic law enforcement...
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ranger green or multicam
Fuck
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got a text from my wife with a picture of the New York skyline this morning.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/1573401513564-1156026.jpg
I got a text from my wife with a picture of the New York skyline this morning.  
It is wild how that skyline evolves.

I mean, i'd have words with the architects of a few of the last buildings to go up. But as far as skylines go... the only better looking one is Philly. And no one likes Philly.

I do not like philly.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Battle buddies won’t starve.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Meat!
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You're gonna get clapped.

Dibs on your KAC!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ranger green or multicam
Fuck
You're gonna get clapped.

Dibs on your KAC!
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#46]
NOVA BATTLE BUDDIES PIT MASTER
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Look how close this guy parked next to my Mustang!  Look how empty the parking lot is!

Who does this?

Good thing my supermodel girlfriend is skinny and flexible so she could get in without dinging his door!
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do any NOVA battle buddies have armored vehicles?
View Quote
If you drive real close to the car in front of you does that count as a layer of armor

Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top