Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jokes are fine more so in memes than in type because a meme is generally humor/irony/sarcasm based. Text doesnt always infer the proper attitude or joking manner. So yes the above memes are fine. And No, saying we need to "kill all commies by throwing them from helicopters" is not ok. Confused yet? There has to be some leeway in different forms of expression, that's how today works. We also can't have over the top memes which are racist or hateful in message (or threatening) because they still violate the rules. I don't want to post an example of a meme that goes too far. I imagine most folks can easily identify them.

In short, don't break the big 3 rules with an image or with a comment. It's just not worth it. If you think it's close, then it may get reviewed and acted upon. If you think it's probably wrong, then don't risk it. Use common sense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read it a couple times but I am not sure if the sample memes are acceptable or not.
Jokes are fine more so in memes than in type because a meme is generally humor/irony/sarcasm based. Text doesnt always infer the proper attitude or joking manner. So yes the above memes are fine. And No, saying we need to "kill all commies by throwing them from helicopters" is not ok. Confused yet? There has to be some leeway in different forms of expression, that's how today works. We also can't have over the top memes which are racist or hateful in message (or threatening) because they still violate the rules. I don't want to post an example of a meme that goes too far. I imagine most folks can easily identify them.

In short, don't break the big 3 rules with an image or with a comment. It's just not worth it. If you think it's close, then it may get reviewed and acted upon. If you think it's probably wrong, then don't risk it. Use common sense.
@goatboy

So... wait you just confused me.

In the initial post you said saying “kill all commies” is ok, and Pinochet memes are ok.  But then above you just said saying “kill all commies by throwing them from a helicopter” is not ok.

Sooooooooooo?

ETA Never mind, you said fuck commies not kill commies.  So kill all anyone bad, fuck all random group ok, except not fucking individual people or protected classes.

Can we fuck all commies with a helicopter?

ETA 2

This is not me coming out as Helicoptersexual, I’m just Rotor-curious.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is what I always thought. Team was more serious, GD was more shitpost.

Now we're in upside down territory.
View Quote
I would vote to keep the horseshit out of team.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seriously, does anyone mind if I ban the lacesout guy?

He is demonstrably a liar, is almost certainly a retread, and is busy shitting in this thread and trying to derail it with his bullshit slander.

Anyone?
View Quote
Do it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
What started the shit storm with the white tile floor guy?
The one that said he was gonna put his profile up for sale.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what I always thought. Team was more serious, GD was more shitpost.

Now we're in upside down territory.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SteyrAUG?

He had a loooong history of account warnings.  He was an interesting poster, and definitely contributed to the site, but he just didn’t like following the rules.  He had a history of getting locked, making promises to Site Staff that he would follow the rules, and then completely ignoring those promises.  

He was ultimately banned for organizing a group buy in GD after having been told not to.
View Quote
What was the deal with the Koran toilet paper?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SteyrAUG?

He had a loooong history of account warnings.  He was an interesting poster, and definitely contributed to the site, but he just didn’t like following the rules.  He had a history of getting locked, making promises to Site Staff that he would follow the rules, and then completely ignoring those promises.  

He was ultimately banned for organizing a group buy in GD after having been told not to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What started the shit storm with the white tile floor guy?
The one that said he was gonna put his profile up for sale.
SteyrAUG?

Serious question: are group buys a no-no in GD?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Amazon gave me a warning and threatened to suspend my Prime privileges.

Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Presumably that was just another account warning he racked up, but I’d have to check if he actually got a warning for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Presumably that was just another account warning he racked up, but I’d have to check if he actually got a warning for that.
Thought he got locked for that, then talked trash about putting his account on G-broker and that was what got 'eeem.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I can’t believe I’m still able to post. I have so many account locks and warnings. I love getting special treatment.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He is demonstrably a liar, is almost certainly a retread, and is busy shitting in this thread and trying to derail it with his bullshit slander.

Anyone?
View Quote
I know GoatBoy said nah, but I wouldn’t let his remarks continue much further, if’n it was me...

Edit; I tend to lean towards being over protective of people of others that I happen to like...
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Negative sir
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone?
Negative sir
I dont care either way. I dont even recognize the username. I dont think someone should be banned for being an annoying dumb-dumb, however.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah, a lot of people think that.

He did get temp locked for that (I just checked his account to make sure I am not telling anything incorrectly).  Then, at some point after being unlocked, he listed his account for sale in the E.E. ... I guess throwing a tantrum made more sense than just logging out, if he didn’t want to post here anymore .  He then got locked for that stunt, but was unlocked and was able to continue posting.

Then, he decided to try to organize a group buy, even though the site had very clear rules prohibiting that.  Given his long record of warnings, bans, locks and broken promises, that ended up being the final straw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought he got locked for that, then talked trash about putting his account on G-broker and that was what got 'eeem.

He did get temp locked for that (I just checked his account to make sure I am not telling anything incorrectly).  Then, at some point after being unlocked, he listed his account for sale in the E.E. ... I guess throwing a tantrum made more sense than just logging out, if he didn’t want to post here anymore .  He then got locked for that stunt, but was unlocked and was able to continue posting.

Then, he decided to try to organize a group buy, even though the site had very clear rules prohibiting that.  Given his long record of warnings, bans, locks and broken promises, that ended up being the final straw.
Did he get any offers?  Just curious, nobody wants to buy a teener account.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Been a while.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

GoatBoy is a much nicer, and much better, human being than I am.
View Quote
There's always the pit
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There's always the pit
View Quote
Buckshot_jim already has dibs on that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

the avilas were always muslim sympathizers..o. so i would guess thats probably off limits.
View Quote
Wow
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I swear some days this section reminds me of the monkey cage at the zoo, one monkey gets mad about something, then runs around the cage getting everybody else pissed off, then after a few minutes they are stop where they are and sit around and stare at each other, wondering what they are mad about!

View Quote
Have you ever read the concept of the "five monkeys experiment"?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What we have now works. We just need to not talk about killing the enemy.
View Quote
How about Team 2 Spicy Boogaloo?

Txl
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Has the staff considered how some of these rules might hamper our Boogaloo activities?

Will rules maybe be relaxed during said Boogaloo?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This fuckin place is stressing me out today.
View Quote
Pussy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That never happened to you according to your history, but let's be honest, you are lucky as hell to still be posting here after the temp ban you caught. I'm almost never for banning anyone and I would have clicked the permanent ban button on you for the remark about the family member.
View Quote
Do it wuss!!

No, really. Fuck that twat.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@goatboy

In the initial post you said saying "kill all commies" is ok, and Pinochet memes are ok.  But then above you just said saying "kill all commies by throwing them from a helicopter" is not ok.

Sooooooooooo?

ETA Never mind, you said fuck commies not kill commies.  So kill all anyone bad, fuck all random group ok, except not fucking individual people or protected classes.

ETA 2

This is not me coming out as Helicoptersexual, I'm just Rotor-curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read it a couple times but I am not sure if the sample memes are acceptable or not.

@goatboy

In the initial post you said saying "kill all commies" is ok, and Pinochet memes are ok.  But then above you just said saying "kill all commies by throwing them from a helicopter" is not ok.

Sooooooooooo?

ETA 2

Well, if you fucked a commie, or anyone else for that matter, with a helicopter,  it would invariably result in their death.   So if that is allowed, saying kill them should be as well.  It really is the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Anyone?
View Quote
Please do.

It's not often that one click can improve a site so easily.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Please do.

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone?
Please do.

Txl
Yeah, he is kind of a ....  well you know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well, if you fucked a commie, or anyone else for that matter, with a helicopter,  it would invariably result in their death.   So if that is allowed, saying kill them should be as well.  It really is the same thing.
View Quote
A clump of cells being aborted from the body politic?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@goatboy

Sooooooooooo?

ETA 2

They have these air speed indicator thingies and other stuff, you probably couldn’t fit an entire helicopter in someone’s ass...

I mean, you could probably get quite a bit of an Apaches 30mm up a commie before it becomes a medical hazard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Txl
View Quote
I really don't have much say in it but I think it could work. Just leave regular team alone because it works.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I really don't have much say in it but I think it could work. Just leave regular team alone because it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl
I am 100% with you on this. Team GD needs to stay the same. Either at the very least do what GB was talking about and put standard GD for members only. Or, have standard GD keep being what it is but more COC enforcement, and then have a GD 2.0 in team for a more "relaxed" environment.

I absolutely get where all of the is coming from. They have to protect the site and such. And, I'm not going to bitch about them doing such a thing. It needs to be shown that we're not just a bunch of people that are just waiting to go hot and rain some hate. But at the same time support what the 2A stands for and what the anti 2A agenda is all about.

I obviously enjoy my time here and have been around this place a day or two. And the last thing I want to see is it all to go south. I enjoy the banter, the ribbing, GD being GD, and all things arf. I've met some fantastic people though this place over the years and the last thing I want to see is it being forced to go away or as a tool to damn lawful gun owners. This place is a unimaginable collective of knowledge on a crazy amount of subjects outside of firearms. It's all the reason why I gladly pay to be a member. There is no better dysfunctional family.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It would remove it from google, and that would be a good thing for the site.  At least it wouldn't be the instant search result for every fucked up thing that gets posted here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, because I don't see what that would accomplish.

I think people are suggesting a new forum like team or BOTD that get unlocked with a payed membership and which would have a little more leeway.

People can still get breaking news on what's currently GD.
People are suggesting a couple of things. The one that stands out to me is making GD simply require a user to be logged into the site to read it.
It would remove it from google, and that would be a good thing for the site.  At least it wouldn't be the instant search result for every fucked up thing that gets posted here.
Something like this might prudent action in the short term.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:49:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Okay, I think I see how the rules are supposed to work.

Just an FYI, when using the mobile site, edits by mods and/or staff apparently do not appear. (Clarification: the edits appear but have no signature attached, making it impossible to contact the mod or staff involved).

I think there was an issue with this previously and I vaguely remember it being fixed. Or maybe thought it was.

It might go a long way to fix the issue so as not to present the appearance of shenanigans.

The following are screen shots. They are not a bitch, whine, tantrum or other form of wallowing. Simply the only way I know to relay the information.

(Crap...wrong button. Wait one, need to upload )

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The point being, when enforcing the rules I think the best course is one if clear communication. To do otherwise undermines the effort.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is technically off limits, but I personally don't have an issue with it. I guess, I would say it's gray until staff decides. BUT, I would also suggest avoid typing this until a formal decision is made. Saying to kill anyone is typically not a good thing to post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you saying/typing:

"kill all commies by throwing them from helicopters"

is NOT OK

(don't kill me)
This is technically off limits, but I personally don't have an issue with it. I guess, I would say it's gray until staff decides. BUT, I would also suggest avoid typing this until a formal decision is made. Saying to kill anyone is typically not a good thing to post.
what if...
the stick figures where kenny of southpark
or wile e. coyete with AOC face on them?

these are known cultural icons, who "die" but come back to life in the next episode, or after the commercial break. them suffering a painful death is part of the humor, and its understood that no real harm will ever come to them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:18:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Im still confused as to why we cant say kill commies. I mean they arent human, so whats wrong? FFS, I have a shirt that says kill a cimmie for mommie that wait for it..... I BOUGHT OFF AMAZON???????
View Quote
Dehumanizing those of differing beliefs is how people end up in gas Chambers and the bottom of mass graves. You guys who are posting this comment over and over again need to grow up.

Secondly, adopt a simple rule of thumb: post with a level of civility that you would apply to a conversation you would have with your elderly grandmother across the dining room table at Thanksgiving. Part of the curse of the internet is that some people forget how to have a civil conversation where people can agree to disagree, and get nasty in their exchanges. In recent days I've simply given up on some of you and simply put you on ignore because you can't control yourselves. It shouldn't have to come to that, but it is what it is....
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:20:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I hope I can still post funny pics of EdSr
View Quote
Every picture of Ed is a funny picture.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:24:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’d be down for Team becoming GD after dark.
View Quote
That would potentially be a long wait for posters near the Arctic circle
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Secondly, adopt a simple rule of thumb: post with a level of civility that you would apply to a conversation you would have with your elderly grandmother across the dining room table at Thanksgiving.
View Quote
This site would literally die within weeks if everyone suddenly obeyed that absurd expectation. This site exists because of novelty. Becoming kinder and gentler than Facebook is not novel, Pintrest already has guns.

It’s also a rather sad perspective to have. An environment of free-speaking men is a legitimate environment. Machine shops and garages across the United States contain conversations every day that are just as rowdy as GD.

Ivory towers are a lonely place.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dehumanizing those of differing beliefs is how people end up in gas Chambers and the bottom of mass graves. You guys who are posting this comment over and over again need to grow up.

Secondly, adopt a simple rule of thumb: post with a level of civility that you would apply to a conversation you would have with your elderly grandmother across the dining room table at Thanksgiving. Part of the curse of the internet is that some people forget how to have a civil conversation where people can agree to disagree, and get nasty in their exchanges. In recent days I've simply given up on some of you and simply put you on ignore because you can't control yourselves. It shouldn't have to come to that, but it is what it is....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im still confused as to why we cant say kill commies. I mean they arent human, so whats wrong? FFS, I have a shirt that says kill a cimmie for mommie that wait for it..... I BOUGHT OFF AMAZON???????

It isn't how people end up in mass graves. It makes it easier to start in that direction, but there's been other methods in history. Whatever the rule comes down to the that's the rule. That's being grown up.

To your second point, if I sit down at a table with Gramma, I'm on better behavior than with almost anyone else because she means more to me than most people do. You don't get the same treatment because you are not an important 90 year old woman in my life.

I personally don't see the point in making nice about people willing to burn her, me and the rest of my family to the ground.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This site would literally die within weeks if everyone suddenly obeyed that absurd expectation. This site exists because of novelty. Becoming kinder and gentler than Facebook is not novel, Pintrest already has guns.

It’s also a rather sad perspective to have. An environment of free-speaking men is a legitimate environment. Machine shops and garages across the United States contain conversations every day that are just as rowdy as GD.

Ivory towers are a lonely place.
View Quote
Its pretty sad that basic civility is considered an absurd expectation or an ivory tower.
I wonder if that's how you guys live your lives in the real world.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It isn't how people end up in mass graves. It makes it easier to start in that direction, but there's been other methods in history. Whatever the rule comes down to the that's the rule. That's being grown up.

To your second point, if I sit down at a table with Gramma, I'm on better behavior than with almost anyone else because she means more to me than most people do. You don't get the same treatment because you are not an important 90 year old woman in my life.

I personally don't see the point in making nice about people willing to burn her, me and the rest of my family to the ground.
View Quote
It IS how people end up in mass graves, because when you de-humanize others it justifies those kinds of extreme actions and makes it mentally easier to pull the trigger to remove the de-humanized "other".

How you treat people in the world says a lot about a person. I used the example of an elderly family member because that's what most people can relate to, and most cultures historically respectfully deferred to elderly tribal or family members. Use whatever example works for you, but we all need to learn to be more civil in general to each other.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He wasn't wrong when he compared GD to machine shops and garages across the US. It's how men talk.
View Quote
I get how men talk in an insular male-only workplace.
After all, its how Trump justified his conversation with that younger Bush family member when the tape came about with his grabbing pussies comment
That's not what the internet is. I don't see what's so hard for people to understand about that
You guys wouldn't stand up in the middle of a Sunday sermon and bellow this stuff out to the congregation.
And I'm still getting used to your new avatar.
Miss the old one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

GoatBoy is a much nicer, and much better, human being than I am.
View Quote
Don’t sell yourself short: aside from the occasional fowl deed, you’re a fairly pleasant breakfast pastry.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top