Quoted:
I watch the new episodes on Hulu.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, what's up with that?

I think I watched the first six episodes on Hulu, and it's been about a month since they've put up any new episodes.
I watch the new episodes on Hulu.
Weird.  Maybe I need to do a reboot on my streaming device.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If the Alliance had tier one fighters like the Krill, they wouldn't need Krill help fighting the toasters.

Also have to agree about the nose to nose bit.  Does no one have stand-off weapons in the future?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

That’s one of the VFX guys on the show.
I watched the episode on my tablet and couldn’t tell if there were any in the battle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just started watching this show a few days ago, watched one earlier they we're doing repairs to and in a tool box was an AR armorer wrench.

Also norm MacDonald needs more lines.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tonight's episode went a long way in making up for the past 6 episodes of homoerotic fagitude.
View Quote
Budgets.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:08:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
CBS announced in January they are moving ST:Discovery to... Thursday evening at 8:30, obviously as a direct challenge to The Orville.

View Quote
Pretty silly for an online only show, but I like it.  I woke up Friday morning at 1:45am and watched the Orville first, then STD.

STD is getting better but I still dislike everything about burnham.  Both the actress and the entire premise of her character.  Just rubbish.

The Orville is still my favorite thing to watch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:37:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just started watching this show a few days ago, watched one earlier they we're doing repairs to and in a tool box was an AR armorer wrench.

View Quote
Yes, we discussed it in the Season 1 thread:  
The Crew Finds Out That Claire Is Missing | Season 1 Ep. 8 | THE ORVILLE

The wrench appears at 0:14.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
this

I want the cute one back
View Quote
As she was dating Seth and they broke up I highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Watched part 2 last night and my jaw is on the floor! Fantastic. I haven't watched a big space armada battle on the edge of my seat in a long, long time.

Show deserves an Emmy for that two-episode arc, but some stupid doctor show will win instead.

Also, I get it that those fucking kids were integral to the evolution of Isaac and a necessary plot device, but I don't want to see either of them again for very long time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s1VfSOJqZA
View Quote
cool. I couldn't find the season one thread, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

I always like seeing funny stuff in scifi set design... thule cargo boxes as rockets, or horribly misused tools.

I gotta admit its better than I thought it would be...he almost seems to be taking it more seriously as it goes on.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
cool. I couldn't find the season one thread, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

I always like seeing funny stuff in scifi set design... thule cargo boxes as rockets, or horribly misused tools.

I gotta admit its better than I thought it would be...he almost seems to be taking it more seriously as it goes on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was expecting Seth to write the scene as a snub to all those goofy tools the past ST used and have one guy say, "Hand me a 14mm box end".
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was expecting Seth to write the scene as a snub to all those goofy tools the past ST used and have one guy say, "Hand me a 14mm box end".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s a scene along those lines in ‘Pria’.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Another solid episode! I liked it!

Reminded me a little bit of TNG's The Wounded.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Watched part 2 last night and my jaw is on the floor! Fantastic. I haven't watched a big space armada battle on the edge of my seat in a long, long time.

Show deserves an Emmy for that two-episode arc, but some stupid doctor show will win instead.

Also, I get it that those fucking kids were integral to the evolution of Isaac and a necessary plot device, but I don't want to see either of them again for very long time.
View Quote
I get the kid angle but yeah, I’m not digging it overall
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 2:34:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Glad Norm is included, was kinda bummed by Patrick Warburton’s role
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Glad Norm is included, was kinda bummed by Patrick Warburton’s role
View Quote
yeah, Puddy's roll was kinda weak.. huge missed opportunity.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Gave the show another try and the last 3 episodes have been pretty good. The last one was even Star Trek quality.
Which brings up the question, is someone besides McFarland writing/producing it now?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gave the show another try and the last 3 episodes have been pretty good. The last one was even Star Trek quality.
Which brings up the question, is someone besides McFarland writing/producing it now?
View Quote
The show has gone from comedy to sjw to decent scifi.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife's cousin was the admirals attache on the second episode of the 2 parter.

I told her to tell him we need swag.

Oroville is the first TV show I have followed since TNG was airing new episodes when i was a kid.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm really wanting to like The Orville but stuff like the kids' part in the 2-part episode is making it difficult.  And what's with these starships not having any kind of intelligent aiming technology?  They have a holodeck and food replicators but still have to manually aim their weapons.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
A lot of the old Trek people have been working on it from the beginning.

Brannon Braga is a producer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Was there an episode tonight?   PlayStation Vue didn't record it and Hulu doesn't have it until the morning (if there was a new one).
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Was there an episode tonight?   PlayStation Vue didn't record it and Hulu doesn't have it until the morning (if there was a new one).
View Quote
No, not this week for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
+1

It was on par with ST Battle of Wolf 359 or B5 Battle Of The Line .

Kids and Dr seem shoehorned and annoying .
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#24]
The cigarettes. Lol.

"500 cigarettes, please!"

Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The cigarettes. Lol.

View Quote
Bortas sitting in the captain's chair smoking...

And 3 weeks until the next episode.  WTF?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The cigarettes. Lol.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I really enjoyed this episode. It's a shame the earlier episodes this season were so odd.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Now I want to play Pictionary and do Dick Van Dyke.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Awesome episode on multiple levels!

The hilarious cigarette bits along side the rather deep reflections on the time capsule, life, and relationships came together quite nicely.

Chuckled just as soon as I heard Tim Russ's voice on the open. He's definitely showing his age but then again, I am too.

And Leighton Meester really can sing! I've heard her name before but never seen or heard her in anything but I was definitely impressed with her voice.

This and the last episode are why The Orville blows STD out of the water. When they tell a good story they do it amazingly well and don't need movie quality effects or massive amounts of shaky cam and lens flares to do it.

I know they had their crap episodes this season but on a whole, the signal to noise ratio is pretty damn good. Dare I say, maybe better than most Star Trek (leaving STD out) which definitely had it's share of stinkers. I hope it continues to be as good or better.

More than a little bummed about the 3 week break and there only being 3 episodes left in the season. What ever happened to 22-26 episode TV seasons?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#30]
How is it that Firely gets cancelled but
this shit show keeps on?

Even Star Trek Discovery keeps on with
pushing the gay bullshit!

I'm sick of it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
+1

It was on par with ST Battle of Wolf 359 or B5 Battle Of The Line .

Kids and Dr seem shoehorned and annoying .
View Quote
Nothing has ever come close to B5s space battles.

Unfortunately Orville hasn't learned the lesson from TNG. People fucking hate kids in episodes. The docs kids are the equivalent of Westley. Thankfully they aren't as ever present as that sweater wearing dork.

Stop letting your female doctors drag their damn kids on board!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And Leighton Meester really can sing! I've heard her name before but never seen or heard her in anything but I was definitely impressed with her voice.
View Quote
Leighton Meester - That’s All I’ve Got To Say (cover)
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Cobra Starship: Good Girls Go Bad ft. Leighton Meester [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

Leighton Meester - Somebody To Love ft. Robin Thicke
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Good episode that didn't have to rely on special effects. I was highly sceptical with the start of Season 2, but it's getting better.

They missed a chance for a damn good WTF? moment at the end when Lt. Malloy's GF had her fiance take a picture of them together with her cellphone, and having the picture be discovered on the original cellphone from the time capsule.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought it was a really good episode. An interesting take on Time Travel without having to actually do it.

Well done.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#36]
“Wireless Transmission Facility”
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I think the style she sung in on The Orville suits her much better than the pop crap. Then again, I hate pop.

But that "Somebody To Love" video...
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow, srsly?  This episode had me fucking lactating!  And while the girl could carry a tune, her voice was nothing special.  Also, this has been done before; anyone ever heard of a movie called "Laura"?

Boortus and his nicotine fixation was pretty funny, though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#39]
How did the paper with her number leave the simulator.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How did the paper with her number leave the simulator.
View Quote
It also replicated items. It's the same thing as a holodeck. A lot the stuff is replicated items. Happened all the time in Star Trek.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Jessica Szohr Talks Season 2 Of FOX''s "The Orville"
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I thought it was a really good episode. An interesting take on Time Travel without having to actually do it.

Well done.
View Quote
I thought so too. I think Orville is serious sci fi disguising itself as a parody. The 2 part episode is more evidence.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Bortis smoking, is he the new Marlburo Alien?

lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#45]
I missed this last episode due to a DVR failure but I'll catch it.

So far this season I've been impressed at the way things are coming along.

At this time The Orville is the only show I record on the DVR.  It's becoming good TV.  That's kinda rare these days.

2000 channels of shit, with the occasional penny in it.  That's cable TV today.  Orville has become one of those rare pennies worth searching for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Budgets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tonight's episode went a long way in making up for the past 6 episodes of homoerotic fagitude.
Budgets.
The creator has the show moving in the direction of becoming a musical...
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#47]
They're using a lot of people from voyager,  the doctor, now tuvok, who will be next?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They're using a lot of people from voyager,  the doctor, now tuvok, who will be next?
View Quote
I wonder what Seven of Nine looks like now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go watch the Amazon series Bosch. She was in season 2 (2016).

Still very
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
She's still hot.

if they ever need a crazy alcoholic cat lady alien they can probably find whatever trailer kes is hiding behind
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top