Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI, Christians in the 1st Century, less than 60 years after the Resurrection, were convinced that they were living in the End Times, too.
View Quote

That's because their guy said some things to infer that. Since it didn't happen there's been a plethora of re-interpretations and moving of goal posts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So you can predict, with certainty, a bullet hitting a bullet in 6 years?

And I know, bullets are a bad analogy, because the difference in velocities is MUCH higher.
View Quote

I look at it as the “infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters” thing. Eventually, one of them is going to write a masterpiece.

It only takes one asteroid.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You see that's the issue….I don't want to even see this BS in GD….it degrades the entire experience because it appears that these threads and the ones that post in them are part of the ARF protected class.  

So yeah, I don't want to even see this drivel pop up.  This crap should be treated exactly like the Covid shit was….immediately moved to the appropriate forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wishes for an ignore button for religion threads.  Posts in a religion thread instead of just ignoring it.

You see that's the issue….I don't want to even see this BS in GD….it degrades the entire experience because it appears that these threads and the ones that post in them are part of the ARF protected class.  

So yeah, I don't want to even see this drivel pop up.  This crap should be treated exactly like the Covid shit was….immediately moved to the appropriate forum.

There was exactly one religion thread on page 1 when I clicked on this one.  A lot of the posts keeping it there are the ones from guys like you who don’t want to see them.  And, if seeing just one religious thread title triggers you so much, there are many topic/specific forums you could go to where you won’t see them.

But yeah, they should totally change the rules to accommodate your emotional response to words you don’t like to see.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How fucked up would it be if the end of the world was laid out in GD years in advance? Would survivors add a new book, the book of GD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let’s just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A “great star falls from heaven”?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I’m going to say asteroid.  A “great star” falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn’t THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn’t that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won’t strike Earth.  It’ll be a “close miss”.  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if…somehow…it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please)…2029.  And…I’ve posted this before…while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I’m a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

This right here is actual, known, confirmed, physical proof of timing.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.  And, I’ll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I’ll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we’re told that no one comes to Israel’s aid in this war.

I can foresee quite a lot of icky stuff hitting the proverbial fan, post-haste.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don’t think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y’ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.

How fucked up would it be if the end of the world was laid out in GD years in advance? Would survivors add a new book, the book of GD?

Especially since God said no one knows the time or the day of the rapture/ second coming.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Here's the thing tho... does that mean he set things in motion from the beginning of time knowing such a collision would happen at this time and place or did he intervene outside of his ordained laws of physics at a later time?
View Quote

I believe He has always kept that option available.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Especially since God said no one knows the time or the day of the rapture/ second coming.
View Quote

So your saying that God has a sense of humor?

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I do as well

I'm looking forward to seeing The Lord.
Then my Father, and Grandfather again.
View Quote

But, will you know your father and grandfather. I heard preachs say we won't. And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It'd really break my heart if this crap got posted in the religion subforum instead of GD.

View Quote

OP is just looking out for you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And I know, bullets are a bad analogy, because the difference in velocities is MUCH higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let’s just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A “great star falls from heaven”?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I’m going to say asteroid.  A “great star” falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn’t THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn’t that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won’t strike Earth.  It’ll be a “close miss”.  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if…somehow…it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please)…2029.  And…I’ve posted this before…while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I’m a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.  And, I’ll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I’ll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we’re told that no one comes to Israel’s aid in this war.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don’t think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y’ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.

They do it with eclipses much further out than six years...
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

GD is where pretty much everything goes unless it's very gun related and even then, it often ends up here. It's just the way it is for better or for worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really don't need to read everything someone posts..........unless you are a wee bit burdened or something.......

Just saying.

They did it with the covid threads. For some reason this topic is verboten to suggest putting where the enthusiasts can better access it.

GD is where pretty much everything goes unless it's very gun related and even then, it often ends up here. It's just the way it is for better or for worse.

And GD has more traffic
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#11]
2 Peter 1:14

knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.

Peter knew that he would not be part of the generation that would see the return of Jesus.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?
View Quote
Animals don't have souls, so no, you won't see them again.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They did it with the covid threads. For some reason this topic is verboten to suggest putting where the enthusiasts can better access it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really don't need to read everything someone posts..........unless you are a wee bit burdened or something.......

Just saying.

Who is twisting you  arm to click on this?....you guys that do this are no better than the lefties you cry about.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Copy that. I'm gonna make a new thread every day about anilingus, let me know when you get tired of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock on dude.

I propose we do the same for many topics with dedicated discussionn boards, that way the pantywaists won't get triggered.

Put the AR15 topics in the AR-15 forum
Put the movie threads in the movie forum.
Put the politics threads in the politics forum
Put the police threads in the police forum
Put the chick threads in the women's forum
Put the truck threads in the cars forum
Put the pet threds in the pet forum
Put the science threds in the science forum
etc. . . etc . . .

Or we could use common sense and tell them to read the title of the board: "GENERAL DISCUSSION".  What to do? What to do?

Copy that. I'm gonna make a new thread every day about anilingus, let me know when you get tired of it.

And I will rate anything you post as a troll
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#15]
The Rapture has already happened. That's why the world is turning to shit now.

All the truly good and righteous folks have already been taken.

Nobody noticed because there was only 25 or 30 to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It'd really break my heart if this crap got posted in the religion subforum instead of GD.

View Quote

Subforums offer guidelines for behavior.
GD is free for all.
Best course of action would be to not click on topic headlines that don't have interest or offend.
As grown American men we can figure this stuff out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We can see things through a clearer lens today.

I wonder if I have more faith in God today than the people who walked the earth when Jesus did.

Thank you, Lord God, for your Holy Word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, Christians in the 1st Century, less than 60 years after the Resurrection, were convinced that they were living in the End Times, too.

I wonder if I have more faith in God today than the people who walked the earth when Jesus did.

LOL!  Maybe more faith but definitely more self righteousness.

What would more faith even get you?  Christianity is a great religion except for when you have to deal with other Christians.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just don't click on it if you are not interested in the topic.  it really is that easy.  

Religion threads do not overwhelm GD like COVID threads did.  Not a good comparison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't click on it if you are not interested in the topic.  it really is that easy.  

Religion threads do not overwhelm GD like COVID threads did.  Not a good comparison.

This...the bulk of GD threads could fit into any number of the sub fourms.
It really is as easy as not clicking a line of text.

American men are a delicate lot.

It almost like ...just seeing a reference to anything Bible related.. causes some kind of turmoil of the human soul?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hold up.
I gotta check your mathing.
Can any calender experts confirm that 2029 is indeed the year before 2030?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let's just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A "great star falls from heaven"?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I'm going to say asteroid.  A "great star" falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn't THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn't that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won't strike Earth.  It'll be a "close miss".  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if somehow it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please) 2029.  And I've posted this before while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google "Myrvold Neowise paper" and read what he says.  It's highly technical, so I'll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I'm a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I'm saying, this calendar year.  And, I'll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I'll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we're told that no one comes to Israel's aid in this war.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don't think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y'ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.
Hold up.
I gotta check your mathing.
Can any calender experts confirm that 2029 is indeed the year before 2030?

Or how 2029 is going to happen this calendar year.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let's just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A "great star falls from heaven"?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I'm going to say asteroid.  A "great star" falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn't THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn't that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won't strike Earth.  It'll be a "close miss".  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if somehow it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please) 2029.  And I've posted this before while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google "Myrvold Neowise paper" and read what he says.  It's highly technical, so I'll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I'm a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I'm saying, this calendar year.  And, I'll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I'll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we're told that no one comes to Israel's aid in this war.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don't think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y'ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.

From NASA's page on the asteroid:

"Estimated to be about 1,100 feet (340 meters) across, Apophis quickly gained notoriety as an asteroid that could pose a serious threat to Earth when astronomers predicted that it would come uncomfortably close in 2029. Thanks to additional observations of Apophis, the risk of an impact in 2029 was later ruled out, as was the potential impact risk posed by another close approach in 2036. Until March 2021, however, a small chance of impact in 2068 still remained."

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope to get raptured
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/GZHd6Sp-56.gif

I just have to put it out there...the idea of a "Rapture" is actually pretty new. For all of the previous 2000 years of church history, none of the church or church fathers thought it was going down "Left Behind" style. This is an idea that is less than 200 years old. And, uh...from what I've read on this topic, there is no Biblical support for it. Sure, you can interpret a couple of verses to support this position, but its reaching and the whole of scripture does not align with it, plus there are verses than run counter to it. So, uh...if you take a high view of Scripture, you have to reconcile all of that somehow...the only way to do so is taking the view the early church had, which is that there will be no Rapture of the church before the end of days.
View Quote

Negative brother.

The writings of the early church fathers all speak of a litteral pre-tribulation rapture, much like the entirety of the bible alludes to it, and IIRC it was not until after the third century when people began to allegorize it away from being literal.

The lecture below of from the foremost researcher and translator of early church writings.

The End Times by the Church Fathers
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That would be difficult as I likely won't click on any of them.
View Quote

There are many here that I simply ignore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
8:15 service was pretty packed today for the middle of summer.

IME the Holy Spirit has been reaching out more aggressively recently.

A lot of things have been lining up that without a doubt would be precursors to prophecy fulfillment.

I’m glad that these topics have been more up front and center recently for both Christians and those who are searching and are beginning to knock.  Knock friends knock!

No one knows the exact time but there will signs.

View Quote

It’s becoming more apparent daily isn’t it. It’s hard to ignore really…
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Romans 12:1-2

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
View Quote

This is part of my philosophy.  Try to listen to God and be in His will at all times.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  The Rapture is the cherry on top, not the cake.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it was totally awesome when staff hid all the criticisms of covid in a sub-forum.  All the warning that the vaxx was dangerous got buried away so certian people wouldn't get "offended by seeing another covid topic".  

Was the censorship worth it now that we found out 1 out of every 35 moderna booster shots resulted in some level of heart damage and many Arfcomers or their family got boosters and have suffered or died from the effects?  Was their loss worth it so you're not triggered?

Same issue now- but the warning is to get right with God and his Savior before its too late and your soul becomes eternally seperated from God and all that is good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have been reading chatter about the Apophis thing for almost 2 decades and I concur with this. It was very briefly reported early on that it was confirmed to impact in 2029, but then it was later retracted and Nasa covered it up. This also would help to explain Elon's rushed timeline to get humans on Mars.

An asteroid-studying probe named OSIRUS-Rex is currently on course to land on Apophis to study its composition.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/perfectly-excited-canadian-scientists-await-first-look-at-bits-from-asteroid-bennu-1.6499447

ETA: the idea that the probe's interaction with Apophis could actually alter its orbit enough to increase the risk of collision is plausible.
ETA2: I think the rapture is bunk, BTW, and if it happens it will be via a great number of people dying. I wouldn't bet against the battle of Armageddon though, and (adjusts tinfoil hat) I think a certain group has been trying to fulfill prophecies for more than 50 years to provoke the second coming - because they want to take a potshot at God who they think is an interdimensional alien entity. Yeah, probably the same group that likes to fiddle with and reverse engineer alien tech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth. And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.

I have been reading chatter about the Apophis thing for almost 2 decades and I concur with this. It was very briefly reported early on that it was confirmed to impact in 2029, but then it was later retracted and Nasa covered it up. This also would help to explain Elon's rushed timeline to get humans on Mars.

An asteroid-studying probe named OSIRUS-Rex is currently on course to land on Apophis to study its composition.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/perfectly-excited-canadian-scientists-await-first-look-at-bits-from-asteroid-bennu-1.6499447

ETA: the idea that the probe's interaction with Apophis could actually alter its orbit enough to increase the risk of collision is plausible.
ETA2: I think the rapture is bunk, BTW, and if it happens it will be via a great number of people dying. I wouldn't bet against the battle of Armageddon though, and (adjusts tinfoil hat) I think a certain group has been trying to fulfill prophecies for more than 50 years to provoke the second coming - because they want to take a potshot at God who they think is an interdimensional alien entity. Yeah, probably the same group that likes to fiddle with and reverse engineer alien tech.

You guys discussing Apophis consider this:  It's not necessary for the asteroid to hit in order to cause chaos on Earth.  It will pass close enough to be visible with the naked eye even in the daytime.  Don't you think that's going to cause a worldwide panic that makes COVID look like a practice run?  People will be in the streets predicting doom.  Governments will be overthrown.  Cities will burn.  This will give the globalists all the ammunition they need for a worldwide lockdown and the Great Reset.  Society will transform into a global totalitarian society overnight.  It will actually get to the point that people will be praying for the asteroid to hit and save us from the New World Order.  That's right:  we've got until 2029 to basically make plans to get off the grid and prepare to live without the niceties that civilization offers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Most Christians worldwide are "amillennialist" (green below) and the rapture is just one thing that occurs at the end of the world, not a seperate event.  This was not even a word before the 1930s.

https://www.postost.net/sites/default/files/mill856.png
View Quote

So “caught up with Him in the clouds” wasn’t in the Bible before the 1930’s? Sure about that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#29]
The Rapture isn’t an original christian eschatological belief. It was invented by J Nelson Darby
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wishes for an ignore button for religion threads.  Posts in a religion thread instead of just ignoring it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well….that's not the way it works. You see GD is a place for the religiously insane to come and preach to a wider audience.  I used to have fun with them but no more but after a few account warnings due to aggressive site staff "protecting" them from normal GD banter .

In the staff's defense I'm sure that my tune ups are a result of the holier than thou crowd pinging them with the report button and crying like little babies.

I do wish there was an ignore button for threads vs. just individuals.

And has a bible verse in his signature line. I respect the resolve, I do. I have that same resolve, but in the opposite direction. Based on my belief, I also know that some have a hardened heart and have been turned over to a reprobate mind. If you don’t believe, I will live with that. It will not change the chores I need to accomplish today. You can wait on the last plane out of Kandahar, me, I plan on catching the early one. Good luck!

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What would more faith even get you?  Christianity is a great religion except for when you have to deal with other Christians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lol’d, because it’s true. Do you know the number of man? Hint, it’s the same number as the dragon. That should tell you a lot. Have faith in the blood of Jesus, not in ANY man. Not.one. We all fall short don’t we.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Rapture isn’t an original christian eschatological belief. It was invented by J Nelson Darby
View Quote

That’s simply inaccurate.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I just have to put it out there...the idea of a "Rapture" is actually pretty new. For all of the previous 2000 years of church history, none of the church or church fathers thought it was going down "Left Behind" style. This is an idea that is less than 200 years old. And, uh...from what I've read on this topic, there is no Biblical support for it. Sure, you can interpret a couple of verses to support this position, but its reaching and the whole of scripture does not align with it, plus there are verses than run counter to it. So, uh...if you take a high view of Scripture, you have to reconcile all of that somehow...the only way to do so is taking the view the early church had, which is that there will be no Rapture of the church before the end of days.
View Quote
This. It's a modern western church culture belief that doesn't have much of a solid foundation.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He has. June 3 2022 he made his presence known to me. He showed me what was lacking and since has shown me many more things. I'm not going to elaborate because it really doesn't matter to anyone but me. I now know, with 100% certainty, He exists. Prior to that date I spent the previous 25 years of my life in horrible pain and darkness. It was only when I let go and let God take over that my life has improved. My addiction to easing the pain any way I could fell away overnight. I now see more clearly then I ever have. Life, as it truly is meant to be, is only beginning.

Praise God
View Quote

Great Testimony

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I don’t believe in the “rapture” as movies and books depict.  Lots of hysteria and drama.

The world is a shit show for now, and we don’t know when God will punch our ticket.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#36]

The Rapture: Pre Tribulation, When will Christ Return?

The Rapture Pre-Mid-Post Tribulation, Why The Debate?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gowing up a Methodist, I was taught believing in the rapture was akin to handling snakes, talking in tongues, and marrying your cousin.
View Quote

Well, the Methodist church allows homosexual pastors and weddings now so.....you definitely put the METH in Methodist.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well, the Methodist church allows homosexual pastors and weddings now so.....you definitely put the METH in Methodist.
View Quote

So they are now masquerading as a Christian church in name only.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Never-mind….

Not worth the hassle .  

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

you mean 2000 years? pretty sure thessolonians was written like 50 odd years after JC left town
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you mean 2000 years? pretty sure thessolonians was written like 50 odd years after JC left town

Midcap any chapter and verses you can point to for me?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gowing up a Methodist, I was taught believing in the rapture was akin to handling snakes, talking in tongues, and marrying your cousin.

UMC Stance on Homosexuality
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  I'm right there with you.  The prophets, the apostles, the saints, and Jesus himself did not avoid tribulation so I don't think I am so special that God will spare me from that either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

He couldn't help it, the Devil made him click it.  I don't care when Christ comes. It isn't important when he comes. We are told to be ready. That is important.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He has. June 3 2022 he made his presence known to me. He showed me what was lacking and since has shown me many more things. I'm not going to elaborate because it really doesn't matter to anyone but me. I now know, with 100% certainty, He exists. Prior to that date I spent the previous 25 years of my life in horrible pain and darkness. It was only when I let go and let God take over that my life has improved. My addiction to easing the pain any way I could fell away overnight. I now see more clearly then I ever have. Life, as it truly is meant to be, is only beginning.

Praise God
View Quote

So, basically, your username does not fit?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

So when John wrote to the churches in Asia, the letter didn't have enough postage so was not delivered, or was it a case the recipients couldn't read?   ROFL.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If we have no free will then our choices don't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter and is pointless for us to speculate. We do not have free will, we have a choice; to follow good or evil.

If we have no free will then our choices don't matter.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

ETA: Beat
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes it does.

View Quote
Those three heavenly events you are describing are Jesus the High Priest working the sacrifice of himself with the Heavenly Altar things. It goes back to the Exodus where they were baptized by the cloud that sprinkled, and the parted sea, and they drank from the spiritual rock because the place they were at only had bitter water. These objects from the sky are patterned after the Exodus baptisms and spirit. So as Jesus casts things from the Heavenly Altars you get the sea turning to blood from our Sins (He will cast our sins into the sea!) and the Star you reference is likely the Holy Spirit that comforts us. He has it carry away the sins of our unfaithfulness and it turns the water bitter just as the bitter water ritual of the unfaithful wife.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does.

That is a lot easier to do.  Just saying.  No comparison at all.

The forces acting on and the attributes of the earth and moon are well understood and measured.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?

Lots of things without souls will be there.  You are stretching your own opinion a little too far.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why does God need a starship?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top