BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But, will you know your father and grandfather. I heard preachs say we won't. And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?
View Quote

I always wonder about shit like this. I also wonder how do believers decide which spouse they will spend all eternity with if they were married once, their wife died, and they married again for the rest of their life. Is it an automatic 3 some? I mean, that may help bring some new members to the church if they know they've got an eternal 3 some coming.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I always wonder about shit like this. I also wonder how do believers decide which spouse they will spend all eternity with if they were married once, their wife died, and they married again for the rest of their life. Is it an automatic 3 some? I mean, that may help bring some new members to the church if they know they've got an eternal 3 some coming.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, will you know your father and grandfather. I heard preachs say we won't. And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Copy that. I'm gonna make a new thread every day about anilingus, let me know when you get tired of it.
View Quote

Us adults won't give a shit.  We are mature enough to not click on threads that don't interest us.  There are probably 100+ threads every day that I do not click on.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lots of things without souls will be there.  You are stretching your own opinion a little too far.
View Quote

What sort of creatures without souls,?
The entire purpose of the afterlife is to give God a bunch of adoring fans who will spend eternity singing His praises. What kind of supreme being has such a weak ego that it needs a host of acolytes around to tell it what a great supreme being it is?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#5]
OP I found the videos you posted to be extremely informative and well grounded in the Word.

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It'd really break my heart if this crap got posted in the religion subforum instead of GD.

View Quote

Nobody made you read this thread.
I don’t click on threads that don’t interest me, it’s very easy
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As someone who also grew up Methodist my best advice is to get out of that pit of vipers and find a Church filled with and teaching the Word.

And not for thoughts on the rapture but because of what has infiltrated and killed the Church.
View Quote

Agree and ahead of you.  I left the Methodist curch 20 years ago ang joined the Orthodix  Churce in America 12. Years ago.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What kind of supreme being has such a weak ego that it needs a host of acolytes around to tell it what a great supreme being it is?
View Quote

Ask a Trump supporter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#9]

I don't see the guy with 2 wives? Where the fuck is the guy with 2 wives? Also, that's an awful lot of kids there. What about babies that lived a few days? My brother lived for 13 days before dying. Is he going to be able to run into my parents arms or will the nanny be there?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP I found the videos you posted to be extremely informative and well grounded in the Word.

Thank you very much.
View Quote

You're welcome

I'm just passing them along to those who may be interested.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It'd really break my heart if this crap got posted in the religion subforum instead of GD.

View Quote

You do realize there is a subforum on about 80% of every topic decussed in GD. But let's pick and choose what's censored by hiding it away in a subforum.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s simply inaccurate.
View Quote

If you’re going to use the belief in Chiliasm amongst literal heretics from the early church you’re gonna have a bad time
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You really don't need to read everything someone posts..........unless you are a wee bit burdened or something.......

Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really don't need to read everything someone posts..........unless you are a wee bit burdened or something.......

Just saying.

Agree but they don't want to see or allow others to see anything they hate.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You see that's the issue….I don't want to even see this BS in GD….it degrades the entire experience because it appears that these threads and the ones that post in them are part of the ARF protected class.  

So yeah, I don't want to even see this drivel pop up.  This crap should be treated exactly like the Covid shit was….immediately moved to the appropriate forum.
View Quote

You know, if you don't like a particular thread you don't have to click on it.  Or, you can click on these threads and ask yourself, why are these threads coming to me all the time?  Is the good Lord knocking at my door for a reason?  Should I open the door and seek the answers to life's mysteries?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That will happen right after people start putting car posts into the car subforum.

My contribution to this thread:

Insane Clown Posse - It's All Over

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You guys discussing Apophis consider this:  It's not necessary for the asteroid to hit in order to cause chaos on Earth.  It will pass close enough to be visible with the naked eye even in the daytime.  Don't you think that's going to cause a worldwide panic that makes COVID look like a practice run?  People will be in the streets predicting doom.  Governments will be overthrown.  Cities will burn.  This will give the globalists all the ammunition they need for a worldwide lockdown and the Great Reset.  Society will transform into a global totalitarian society overnight.  It will actually get to the point that people will be praying for the asteroid to hit and save us from the New World Order.  That's right:  we've got until 2029 to basically make plans to get off the grid and prepare to live without the niceties that civilization offers.
View Quote
User name checks out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The entire purpose of the afterlife is to give God a bunch of adoring fans who will spend eternity singing His praises. What kind of supreme being has such a weak ego that it needs a host of acolytes around to tell it what a great supreme being it is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of things without souls will be there.  You are stretching your own opinion a little too far.

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground unperceived by your Father. 30And even the hairs of your head are all counted. 31So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 ‘Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; 33but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven. 34 ‘Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household. 37Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. 40 ‘Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward"
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't see the guy with 2 wives? Where the fuck is the guy with 2 wives? Also, that's an awful lot of kids there. What about babies that lived a few days? My brother lived for 13 days before dying. Is he going to be able to run into my parents arms or will the nanny be there?
View Quote

Nanny angels will be on standby.

Everybody knows that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't think you'll know your people in heaven because if you did you would miss the ones that don't make it.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  I think of it like this.  When we're in heaven, we'll know everyone.  I don't know that we're going to be in family units like we are here.  I think I'll know my wife and I'll know we were married here on earth, but I'm not sure we'll be married in heaven.  I don't like that fact but I'm looking at it from a human perspective and understanding.  

I think when we get to heaven, we're going to have a different understanding and perspective.  I think we'll remember friends and relations who are not in heaven but we'll view it from a Godly perspective rather than a human perspective.  We will realize they made their choices and they chose not to spend eternity with God. I think we will view it more as a matter of fact rather than an emotion.  But I don't know.  That's just what I think.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You do realize there is a subforum on about 80% of every topic decussed in GD. But let's pick and choose what's censored by hiding it away in a subforum.
View Quote

Censored? Hidden away?

Sounds like a stretch. Are you a Democrat?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why does God need a starship?
View Quote

Jim! You don't ask the almighty for his ID!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.  I think of it like this.  When we're in heaven, we'll know everyone.  I don't know that we're going to be in family units like we are here.  I think I'll know my wife and I'll know we were married here on earth, but I'm not sure we'll be married in heaven.  I don't like that fact but I'm looking at it from a human perspective and understanding.  

I think when we get to heaven, we're going to have a different understanding and perspective.  I think we'll remember friends and relations who are not in heaven but we'll view it from a Godly perspective rather than a human perspective.  We will realize they made their choices and they chose not to spend eternity with God. I think we will view it more as a matter of fact rather than an emotion.  But I don't know.  That's just what I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you'll know your people in heaven because if you did you would miss the ones that don't make it.

A woman I was close with was raised in the Greek Orthodox Church and that was her take on eternal life…we would have different interests.

I can’t get my head wrapped around it and it makes me sad to think of eternity like that.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you’re going to use the belief in Chiliasm amongst literal heretics from the early church you’re gonna have a bad time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s simply inaccurate.
The reason most mainline Christian churches deny a literal 1000 year reign of Christ on earth is because they teach some version of Christ ruling symbolically through the church (our particular denomination - not the other guy of course).

The problem with teaching the church will rule the earth in the last days... Daniel 2 says a stone cut out without hands (Jesus) destroys the earth's empires when he returns. So rather than study scripture, study your catechism (sound familiar?).

Any scriptural study would show that Christ will return two more times.
Once where we meet him in the clouds, once where his feet touch the earth.
Once like a thief in the night (nobody knew until after it happened), another where every eye will see him.
Once where life is normal (people are eating, drinking, marrying), another where people are starving, suffering from plagues, and cursing God.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A woman I was close with was raised in the Greek Orthodox Church and that was her take on eternal life…we would have different interests.

I can’t get my head wrapped around it and it makes me sad to think of eternity like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The mental gymnastics exerted to make the supernatural credible to the subscriber tends to get a little absurd
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Now he only eats guitars.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let’s just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A “great star falls from heaven”?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I’m going to say asteroid.  A “great star” falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn’t THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn’t that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won’t strike Earth.  It’ll be a “close miss”.  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if…somehow…it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please)…2029.  And…I’ve posted this before…while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I’m a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

This right here is actual, known, confirmed, physical proof of timing.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.  And, I’ll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I’ll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we’re told that no one comes to Israel’s aid in this war.

I can foresee quite a lot of icky stuff hitting the proverbial fan, post-haste.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don’t think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y’ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.
View Quote

No man knows the day, nor the hour......Not even the Son
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Matthew 22:23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

- - - - -

Revelation 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

- - - - -

I interpret these to mean we will not be married in Heaven, for all of us, man and woman, will look to Christ above all others.  I fully expect my wife to be my best friend in Heaven for all eternity.  Just not married.

We will remember those we lost, but Christ will comfort us and do away with the bad memories.  I don't know how long we will remember them, but I already can't remember the names of many friends from my youth.  In the context of eternity, I doubt the memory of those I hoped to see in Heaven will haunt me.  Not for long anyway.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christ Himself said there would be no marriage nor any given in marriage in Heaven.....as posted above
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think of the best thing you have ever experienced.  The thing that brings you the most joy.  Now realize that being in the revealed presence of God, to whom you have been reconciled through Christ, will be so much better than that you cannot fathom it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They did it with the covid threads. For some reason this topic is verboten to suggest putting where the enthusiasts can better access it.
View Quote

They make a RU/UA trailer park fight forum (and enforce it as rabidly as they did the wuflu) and I'll be fine with moving religious topics to their forum.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let’s just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A “great star falls from heaven”?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I’m going to say asteroid.  A “great star” falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn’t THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn’t that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won’t strike Earth.  It’ll be a “close miss”.  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if…somehow…it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please)…2029.  And…I’ve posted this before…while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I’m a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.  And, I’ll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I’ll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we’re told that no one comes to Israel’s aid in this war.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don’t think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y’ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.

Jesus knows now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#32]
When I was going through confirmation in the church, they tried explaining how the wine actually turned into the blood of Christ, and the wafer actually turned into the body of Christ.

I asked if they meant it was to represent the body and blood of Christ, and they insisted it actually became blood and flesh.  Granted I wasn't Einstein, but I would tell the taste difference between blood and meat, and I never did believe that story.  I could have accepted that it was to represent the body and blood of Christ, but that wasn't the doctrine they were wanting me to believe.  I wondered what else they were lying about.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#33]
What does the Bhagavad Gita, Torah or Dianetics etc. state about a rapture?

Do other religions have similar stories?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not, so I probably shouldn't bother.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes it does.

View Quote

“But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”-Matthew 24:36
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground unperceived by your Father. 30And even the hairs of your head are all counted. 31So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 ‘Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; 33but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven. 34 ‘Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household. 37Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. 40 ‘Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward"
View Quote

None of which addresses the post you quoted
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Totally serious
The following posts only succeed in making God sound like David Koresh or the leaders of any cult of personality
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The mental gymnastics exerted to make the supernatural credible to the subscriber tends to get a little absurd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takes a great deal of faith to be an atheist drone
Big bang
Fine tuning etc
Informational processing in cell

Whatevs Baby Karl Marx
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Matthew 22:23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

- - - - -

Revelation 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

- - - - -

I interpret these to mean we will not be married in Heaven, for all of us, man and woman, will look to Christ above all others.  I fully expect my wife to be my best friend in Heaven for all eternity.  Just not married.

We will remember those we lost, but Christ will comfort us and do away with the bad memories.  I don't know how long we will remember them, but I already can't remember the names of many friends from my youth.  In the context of eternity, I doubt the memory of those I hoped to see in Heaven will haunt me.  Not for long anyway.
View Quote

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that one.  I remember now but that's why I was thinking we wouldn't be married but couldn't remember the scripture to back it up.  That's why I stated it the way I did.  Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just don't click on the damn thread!  

I saw a Sig thread 30 seconds ago in GD. Why aren't you bitchin about that one?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

you mean 2000 years? pretty sure thessolonians was written like 50 odd years after JC left town
View Quote

15 - 20 years
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Why would a Christian want to be raptured and miss out on Armageddon?

My understanding of that belief is that it would mean you were zoomed up to Heaven before the Battle of Armageddon where the forces of good and evil would square off in last epic battle with the forces of good being lead by Jesus himself.   I would think any true Christian man would pray for that opportunity to go out at Jesus's side fighting evil, what an epic way to conclude your time on this earth.  To be counted among the followers of Jesus, to have the glory of fighting by his and the angels' side against the forces of the Devil would be an honor that any man would cherish.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So “caught up with Him in the clouds” wasn’t in the Bible before the 1930’s? Sure about that?
View Quote

What are you talking about?  The word "amillennialist" appears in print for the first in the 1930s.  I even put in quotes to be clear.  My point is that the need to distinguish the beliefs of the overwhelming majority of Christians from the ideas of John Nelson Darby is rather modern.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why would a Christian want to be raptured and miss out on Armageddon?

My understanding of that belief is that it would mean you were zoomed up to Heaven before the Battle of Armageddon where the forces of good and evil would square off in last epic battle with the forces of good being lead by Jesus himself.   I would think any true Christian man would pray for that opportunity to go out at Jesus's side fighting evil, what an epic way to conclude your time on this earth.  To be counted among the followers of Jesus, to have the glory of fighting by his and the angels' side against the forces of the Devil would be an honor that any man would cherish.  

View Quote

Your understanding is Wrong

Go figure out who will be wearing 'White Linen'

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Totally serious
The following posts only succeed in making God sound like David Koresh or the leaders of any cult of personality
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally serious

First of all, heaven is described as full of beautiful things, none of which have souls.  Secondly, why would God create an eternal home for us and at the same time abolish nearly everything that we long for in this shadow existence?  The common interpretation of Heaven would suggest that Heaven is actually just a sterile place that we go when this life is over.  One may opine that this version of Heaven sounds incredibly dull and pales to the wonder and marvelous creation that God Himself made here on earth.  Honestly, why should Heaven be inferior to earth in any way at all?

In truth, the wonderful things that we have been given here on earth will pale next to the perfect and fulfilled things we will be blessed with in Heaven.

God reveals his plan for us through his Word.  He doesn't give a scientific narrative of exactly how he created the universe in Genesis any more than he is giving a biodiversity treatise about Heaven in Revelation (or any other book).  Heaven is our eternal home.  We are currently in our temporary one.  To think that God would reveal that our permanent home is inferior in any way to the temporary home would be like Him revealing that our ideas about His goodness are actually exaggerated and His actual goodness is far less.

God doesn't need us to praise him to get His jollies.  God is love and joy Himself, and the only people missing out on anything are the ones who choose to reject Him.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

First of all, heaven is described as full of beautiful things, none of which have souls.  Secondly, why would God create an eternal home for us and at the same time abolish nearly everything that we long for in this shadow existence?  The common interpretation of Heaven would suggest that Heaven is actually just a sterile place that we go when this life is over.  One may opine that this version of Heaven sounds incredibly dull and pales to the wonder and marvelous creation that God Himself made here on earth.  Honestly, why should Heaven be inferior to earth in any way at all?

In truth, the wonderful things that we have been given here on earth will pale next to the perfect and fulfilled things we will be blessed with in Heaven.

God reveals his plan for us through his Word.  He doesn't give a scientific narrative of exactly how he created the universe in Genesis any more than he is giving a biodiversity treatise about Heaven in Revelation (or any other book).  Heaven is our eternal home.  We are currently in our temporary one.  To think that God would reveal that our permanent home is inferior in any way to the temporary home would be like Him revealing that our ideas about His goodness are actually exaggerated and His actual goodness is far less.

God doesn't need us to praise him to get His jollies.  God is love and joy Himself, and the only people missing out on anything are the ones who choose to reject Him.
View Quote

1 Corinthians 2:9 (King James Version)
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into
the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Think about that verse for a moment... It's beyond our imagination what he has prepared for us.
Saying we will be completely blown away is a vast understatement of what is waiting for us.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Animals don't have souls, so no, you won't see them again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?

My Cat has more of a Soul than Jimmy Swaggart, or Pat Robertson
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Gowing up a Methodist, I was taught believing in the rapture was akin to handling snakes, talking in tongues, and marrying your cousin.
View Quote

Well y'all have drums in church so its not possible to take you and your kind seriously...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#49]
For those interested in a more theological take on the subject

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And will our beloved dogs, cats, etc be there?

according to the Pope
"One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ."

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top