BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The GOPe isn't 'on the ropes'.

The GOPe are the ones who were voting for Trump.  

The GOPe has never been stronger.

The GOPe are laughing their asses off because now they're going to have the biggest 'deal-maker' who's ready to cut deals with the devil they've ever had.  

The GOPe wanted (and got) Trump.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We could have had a good TEA party leadership if the ROPe hadn't fought them so hard.

Trump was a fluke.

It might be possible, now that the GOPe is on the ropes to use the opportunity to steer it towards a TEA/libertarian lean.

I doubt it, though.

The GOPe are laughing their asses off because now they're going to have the biggest 'deal-maker' who's ready to cut deals with the devil they've ever had.  

If you sincerely believe any of that, you are either astoundingly ignorant or delusional.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Reagan was a populist, a nationalist, and a law and order Republican.  If anything, we are rediscovering aspects of  that dynamic.  Lots of self serving revisionism here when Reagan is mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For what, calling bullshit?

Deal with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last night?

OP is trolling hard.

Oh, just lock him.  

For what, calling bullshit?

Deal with it.
I'm sorry, i didn't realize you were being serious.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.

In addition, Dems have made whites, especially white men, the new "kulaks".

What you are seeing with Trump is the nascent formation of white identity politics becoming mainstream among white working class voters.

They don't care anymore if you call them racist bigots. They see other ethnic groups aligning by common interest and are doing so under Trump.

The white (guilty) educated "upper" middle class isn't there yet, and the white working class doesnt care.

The entire working middle class/blue collar segment has been decimated economically since NAFTA and thereafter. Minorities have been "bought" with Gov programs targeted to them (yes, whites numerically are a larger cohort, but the perception is that these programs are meant for minorities IMO).

Not only do white working class feel neglected by the economy of the past 20 years, politically they feel despised due to the racial rhetoric, which has worsened exponentially under our current "post racial" president.

This trend of identity politics among white working class as an overt phenomenon is not going to end here.  I'm not saying we're going to have Cartman's race war.  What we will see is much more open and acrimonious racial politics with whites pushing back and using rhetoric that would have been unacceptable even 10 years ago.  

My take, YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think its even more basic .

Democrats have succeeded in moving their party to the communist line. Its why bernie is doing so well.

Half of your "countrymen" want what you have and want gov to confiscate it for them.

You are reduced to voting against the communist party PERIOD.

This.

What you are seeing with Trump is the nascent formation of white identity politics becoming mainstream among white working class voters.

They don't care anymore if you call them racist bigots. They see other ethnic groups aligning by common interest and are doing so under Trump.

The white (guilty) educated "upper" middle class isn't there yet, and the white working class doesnt care.

The entire working middle class/blue collar segment has been decimated economically since NAFTA and thereafter. Minorities have been "bought" with Gov programs targeted to them (yes, whites numerically are a larger cohort, but the perception is that these programs are meant for minorities IMO).

Not only do white working class feel neglected by the economy of the past 20 years, politically they feel despised due to the racial rhetoric, which has worsened exponentially under our current "post racial" president.

This trend of identity politics among white working class as an overt phenomenon is not going to end here.  I'm not saying we're going to have Cartman's race war.  What we will see is much more open and acrimonious racial politics with whites pushing back and using rhetoric that would have been unacceptable even 10 years ago.  

My take, YMMV

could be, I know a lot of my co-workers feel that no-one has been representing us for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Conservatism, by its nature always goes the same way as progressivism, just slower.

Trump is a 90's era Democrat like Bill Clinton, just living and running in 2016.  Just as Reagan was a 60's era Democrat like Kennedy, just running in the 80's.  Just as Nixon was a 50's era Democrat like Truman, just in the 60's.

So take a long hard look at the Democrats now.  In a generation or 3 "conservatives" will look just like them & the liberals will truly be out in left field.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We could have had a good TEA party leadership if the ROPe hadn't fought them so hard.

Trump was a fluke.

It might be possible, now that the GOPe is on the ropes to use the opportunity to steer it towards a TEA/libertarian lean.

I doubt it, though.

lol, it's a bit early to be drinking, isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep pretty much but will add that 'conservatism' as we know it is dead.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

"Conservatism as we knew it" for the last 20 years has been been letting the Democrats run the table on economic and governmental policy while bleating about gays and alternating between limp-wristed attempts to turn Buttfuckistan into a Dallas suburb or simply shipping billions of dollars to people who say they hate us and want to kill us in the slim hopes they might hate us slightly less.

It's too early to tell what we may be able to win, bht we've lost nothing.

When in the last 20 years has the Republican Party followed 'conservatism?' Answer, not once outside of lip service. Cruz was the last attempt, 'conservatism' exemplified by Reagan will never be a national movement/force again. No small thing.

You get it.

GHWB was pissing on Reagan's legacy not 2 years after he'd inherited the office.  Either "Conservatism" died then or it's been assiduously redefined into something else entirely.  Either way, it sure didn't die last night.  The rotting corpse finally tumbled off the chair where it had been propped up as a sick parody, perhaps, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

These two posts are frightening because I think they might actually be correct.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Democrats have succeeded in moving their party to the communist line. Its why bernie is doing so well.
Half of your "countrymen" want what you have and want gov to confiscate it for them.

This.
My take, YMMV

These two posts are frightening because I think they might actually be correct.  

If this is true, exactly why is it frightening?

Do you have something to lose? If so, why do you?

Do you have something to gain? If not, why don't you?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

I doubt it, though.

Part of me believes this could be true.

If there is that much deception going on, then we are in much bigger trouble as a nation than we can imagine.

Paging EXP37
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Bye bye chess vs. checkers party.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you sincerely believe any of that, you are either astoundingly ignorant or delusional,or Canadian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

I doubt it, though.

If you sincerely believe any of that, you are either astoundingly ignorant or delusional,or Canadian.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Trump is a result of the RINOs.
View Quote

Not only is he a result of the RINOs he is the result of the GOPe thieves running the show for their own benefit and selling us out. Same holds true for the DNC.

Here's the way laws are enacted.

Some greedy corporation writes them, then pays congress off one way or the other to enact them and the corporation and congresscritters have a big laugh at our expense all the way to the bank.

While I do not think for a second that this will go away, I do think that maybe it will at least hit a speed bump.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]

I have been saying for 2 weeks now the 2020 election will likely be 4 parties with b8-10 in each party running for the office

I kinda like trump but he will be a one term president.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It died the instant the Republican party bedded down with the Christian Coalition and turned the party into the moral police.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.

My take, YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

My take, YMMV

Spot on assessment.  I have been saying for sometime that Trump is the backlash to that, to years of radical race narratives in the media and pandered to by the Democrats.  They also have a demographic problem, they are hemorrhaging traditional white working class democratic voters....to their own detriment. The Democratic party is becoming a party that consists of mainly ethnic and political minorities....representing no clear majority but ever increasingly convoluted alliances.  When these groups start to compete for power within the D party, well things are going to get interesting.  You can see it now with the fight between Bernie and Clinton, with Bernie representing young college educated liberal white people entirely, and who clearly no longer hold any decisive sway to determine a nominee.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you sincerely believe any of that, you are either astoundingly ignorant or delusional.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

I doubt it, though.

Not saying it is true, but consider this.

The GOPe knew very early there was anti-GOPe sentiment in the GOP.
Trump has stated early on that Bill Clinton talked him into running for president.I saw that video.
Trump is not conservative. He is anything but consistant.
Trump is well connected with money and power
The GOPe is well connected with money and power.

It would not be that much of a stretch to think the GOPe could have used deception and treated the republicans like a 4 year old and came across publicly as not wanting Trump to be the candidate knowing it could get him more support. and when they saw it dud get him more support, they kept it up.

It's plausible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It died a long time ago. Even Reagan spent money like a drunken sailor and irreparably hurt gun rights.
View Quote

you think this is about spending and guns that's nice dear

this is about programing the masses and the lack  of panic as the card house falls.

in the first history of WW3,  Obama, ISIS, the arab spring and Ukraine will be the intro.

chapter one will be written about either a failed trump presidency or a successful Clinton presidency

in other words now is the time to get your helmet
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Conservatism as we knew it" for the last 20 years has been been letting the Democrats run the table on economic and governmental policy while bleating about gays and alternating between limp-wristed attempts to turn Buttfuckistan into a Dallas suburb or simply shipping billions of dollars to people who say they hate us and want to kill us in the slim hopes they might hate us slightly less.

When in the last 20 years has the Republican Party followed 'conservatism?' Answer, not once outside of lip service. Cruz was the last attempt, 'conservatism' exemplified by Reagan will never be a national movement/force again. No small thing.

You get it.

Sadly the hatred on Cruz from the establishment AND Trump supporters had to do less with the man and more with what he stood for. For many Trumpsters, it was his religious beliefs and his approach to limited government that our Founding Fathers envisioned. For the establishment it was for his lack of tolerance for corruption, graft and essentially the business as usual. In other words, he *really* believed and governed based on his beliefs and ideals and we simply cannot have that.

Again, Reagan was HATED by the establishment party insiders who still fought him as president. Only now do they try to pretend they respected/supported the guy but f course only when it suites their agenda.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You should study what went on and how few of those people Reagan wanted allowed in on that Amnesty you speak of.

I should know as I was a voting age adult when that 1986 law was passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If that means we don't get anymore true Reagan conservatism like amnesty and gun control then I'm ok with that.

We'll see how it goes.

You should study what went on and how few of those people Reagan wanted allowed in on that Amnesty you speak of.

I should know as I was a voting age adult when that 1986 law was passed.

He did sign the Mulford Act which outlawed open carrying of firearms and then signed the fifteen day waiting period into law. All while he was Governor.

He later supported the 1994 AWB.

Reagan was a general Fudd when it came to guns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

could be, I know a lot of my co-workers feel that no-one has been representing us for a long time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

My take, YMMV

Yup.  In any case what we have been getting is not conservatism.    They have been selling out to obama for 8 years, they are perfectly happy with jobs being outsourced instead of trying to reduce spending, taxes.  and regulations to keep jobs here.  All they do is bang the pot about abortion come election time and they expect the base will turn out.   Those days are hopefully over for good.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I typed this up for another thread, but decided to start a new thread. I know we don't need more threads, but this one I think is different.

From my perspective and what I was seeing bore out last night and even most of the talking heads started saying things I have been posting. (and I've only been posting the last few weeks on this stuff)

You heard it here first. The Republican party of Reagan died last night. The party of the moral majority no longer exists the way it used to. Even Huckabee knew it. You can call them RINOs  if you want, but it is dead. There was a changing of the guard. It was either going to be this or the Republicans were going to become the equivalent to the Green party in the near future.

There is just not enough people who believe in all the planks of the Republican party. The social issues planks are doomed. Hopefully we can get taxes and spending under control under Trump. If not, he will be a one term guy. The vast majority of Americans know that we have to fix the government first. We can't use a broken government to fix a broken society.

Before you freak out, the demos are doomed too. They are way more fractured than we are.

You will see it in the election. A lot of democrats are going to vote for Trump. Working class demos are not going to vote for the current demo contenders. A lot of fiscally conservative gays are going to jump on the Trump bandwagon. A lot of demo working women are going to vote for Trump.

The way the country has been fractured with hard line right wingers on one side and ultra libs on the other has left a huge chasm in the center and Trump filled that vacuum with an explosion of thunder that has rolled for months now.

Ignore what you think you know. Most Americans are not like you. A lot of them still like obama. Most of those don't like hillary. Those people are going to vote for Trump.

This is from my eyes that were formerly held shut by my belief system. Eyes that were so closed I could not believe obama got elected. I really couldn't believe he got elected twice. That second election opened my eyes. It should have opened yours too. Forget the term RINO. You will never get what you think you want as a candidate. No "true" conservative champion is waiting in the wings to lead us. They would have no chance.

The best we can hope for is personal liberty and support it for everyone, low taxes, secure borders, strong military and smaller less intrusive government. If you want more than that out of your government, you are creating the problem that got us to where we are.

View Quote

we have LOADS of people here who openly and vocally Despise Reagan.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One sec... trying to squeeze into this... tight... Nomex... suit... unghnn...

Personally I think we need to reexamine "pure", conservatism's effectiveness as an anti-liberal strategy.  While the basic tenets - personal responsibility, fiscal frugality, etc. - are unquestionably desirable goals, I fear that it's too late for a classic conservative approach to get us there.  Some of the other characteristics of conservatism, like carefully planned, methodical legislation, resistance to change, and, well... an overall conservative approach to things is losing badly to the left's more nimble strategy of capitalizing on people's feelings and manipulating emotions to achieve their goals.

Yeah, it's an oxymoron, but we need a new, more aggressive "conservatism" lest we ride our lofty principles into permanent obscurity.  A kind of hybrid perspective that preserves individualism, nationalism, exceptionalism... but takes a more agile approach to accomplishing it.

I think the Trump phenomenon represents just that... perhaps to the extreme.  Bombastic, aggressive, unapologetic... yes.  Effective?  I guess we'll see.

Flame on.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#24]
We need to separate (as much as possible) the economic issues from the social ones. We must fix the big economic issues in short order or become Greece, Puerto Rico or even Venezuela. Later we can worry about the color of our skin, or what we do with our junk.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Trump is a natural progression of the Tea Party.   The voters tried the Tea Party in the last two elections, and got no traction.
But the voters are still pissed off.
This is just another example of "water always finds its way".
The pissed of citizens have been blocked in every direction when they tried the Tea Party, and so here they are trying another direction: Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

I doubt it, though.
Trump is a natural progression of the Tea Party.   The voters tried the Tea Party in the last two elections, and got no traction.
The pissed of citizens have been blocked in every direction when they tried the Tea Party, and so here they are trying another direction: Trump.

That's the way I see it as well. Folks are just plain fed up with the status quo but the GOPe kept turning a deaf ear and going same-old-same-old every election cycle. The voters are done with this BS and are sending the clear message that "YOU CAN, AND WILL BE, REPLACED". If the problem is institutional then the entire institution must go, and it seems that is indeed the case. Those TEA party candidates that did make it into office were immediately set upon by their colleagues in the GOPe and cock blocked at almost every turn. It did not go unnoticed.

Assuming Trump takes the white house I don't look for much to change 'cause just like the TEA party candidates there will be too much opposition within the party to get anything done. He may be able to overcome it by calling out specific party members on their shenanigans publicly, but I don't see the GOPe RINOs suddenly waking up and wiping the sleep from their eyes and doing what the voters want done.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I respected and still think Reagan was one of the best presidents we've had - BUT how many would actually vote for him today???

Things change.

7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/02/06/3258121/reasons-tea-party-hated-ronald-reagan/

View Quote

As I've said over and over Ronald Reagan was a good president but the mythology built around him after his death is ridiculous. He's been built into this demigod of conservatism that has never existed and is attributed with facts and figures that never existed. People worship him as if he was this unbridled idealog of Tea Party conservativism.

When in fact he was just a pragmatic president that was middle of the road and promoted a policy of nationalism and pride in being American.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
it is worse than that

The Republic is dead because the electorate is without integrity, honor, family or moral compass.

The problem is not with the rep or dem party or the shithead politicians.

The problem is with the people.

It can not be fixed by politics.
View Quote

wrong the problem is no good people will run  nothing more I am sick of seeing DC filled with crooks cowards, liars, thieves. and malingerers.

there is hope. we have been fighting a war with an all volunteer Military  of great young men & women hopefully the ones who get elected over the next 4 elections fis being discharged honorably in the next 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
lol

The voters are so pissed off that "we" re-elect almost 90% of the House and Senate every freaking time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

I doubt it, though.

lol

The voters are so pissed off that "we" re-elect almost 90% of the House and Senate every freaking time.

"But remember it isn't my elected representative that bad it's just everyone else."

That's what everyone says.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

GHWB was pissing on Reagan's legacy not 2 years after he'd inherited the office.  Either "Conservatism" died then or it's been assiduously redefined into something else entirely.  Either way, it sure didn't die last night.  The rotting corpse finally tumbled off the chair where it had been propped up as a sick parody, perhaps, but that's about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get it.

Bush the Senior WAS a party insider that Reagan chose as veep to 'unite the party.' GHWB *hated* Reagan but took the VP spot for the reason he knew would win him the WH one day. In memoirs GHWB came to respect Reagan tremendously but at the end of the day didn't believe in 'Conservitism' as Reagan did she in fact screwed up. GHWB made a series of mistakes reversing Reagan's economic policies which resulted in a mild recession. Look up the numbers on that recession, compared to today it makes those years look like boom years. In short neither the Father or the Son governed as a 'conservative.'

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We live in a country in which two men kissing on a TV sitcom happens everyday.  Pot is legal in many places. 80% of black kids are born as bastards. We have no border between the sacred ground of the USA and a 3rd world shithole.  The IRS blatantly targets groups critical of the political elites. Our POTUS has as questionable of a lineage as could be imagined. This diatribe could go on and and on.  

The days of Reagan are long gone........never to be seen again.  Sad but true. We have to deal with what we have.
View Quote

Yep.  We, as a country, have changed.

One can throw their hands up in the air and declare we're doomed, or one can fight back at every level possible by voting for those who have a chance of winning.

Old white guys like Romney and McCain aren't viable.

Conservatives like Santorum, Huckabee and yes, Cruz were not viable (as the primaries demonstrated).

And for all of those who are crying that they won't vote for a non-conservative like Trump, guess what?  He isn't counting on your vote, he is taking his slice out of the middle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It died the instant the Republican party bedded down with the Christian Coalition and turned the party into the moral police.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right or wrong, that occurred in the 90's but the whole Bill Clinton affair.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

it is worse than that

The Republic is dead because the electorate is without integrity, honor, family or moral compass.

View Quote

Morals....

Morality is bullshit. Back in the day it was moral to beat your wife. Back in the day it was moral to segregate people based on the color of their skin. Back in the day it was moral to lock someone up against their will for their choice in sexual partners. Back in the day it was moral to own your fellow human.

Morals are a fickle thing. What you deem moral I can see it as an offense to my rights.

Government has no role in morality. That is society as a whole to decide.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Morals....

Morality is bullshit. Back in the day it was moral to beat your wife. Back in the day it was moral to segregate people based on the color of their skin. Back in the day it was moral to lock someone up against their will for their choice in sexual partners. Back in the day it was moral to own your fellow human.

Morals are a fickle thing. What you deem moral I can see it as an offense to my rights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it is worse than that

Morals....

You and I have a different fundamental definition of moral
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You disagree?

I would like to hear why an openly communist, America hating, drug addict got elected to the presidency twice and explain why half the people in this country want the govt to take your hard earned money and give it to them.

Not to mention that the dem candidate should be in prison for compromising classified info as Sec of State.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it is worse than that

Yep,that is the reality of the situation.

You disagree?

I would like to hear why an openly communist, America hating, drug addict got elected to the presidency twice and explain why half the people in this country want the govt to take your hard earned money and give it to them.

Not to mention that the dem candidate should be in prison for compromising classified info as Sec of State.
Morality has nothing to do with that. Commies are moral in their own world. Socialism is gaining ground because when you have a crooked economic system thanks to NAFTA and other fuck ups.... folks loose hope and jump onto the crazy train of Socialist Thought. Happened in everywhere else like that.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The GOP stopped being Reaganesque a decade ago.  What last night showed is that voters have finally figured it out.

Not that Trump is Reagan, but that the sham is over
View Quote

Quite right.

The republicans became the proverbial 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys' a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good.

I'm one of those that abandoned the "true conservative" republican party over their social issues and became a libertarian.

Libertarianism is the closest thing we have to true freedom. I don't want the government meddling in my life -- whether that's by taking my money to spend it on stupid shit like entitlement programs, or them telling me what chemicals I am or am not allowed to put into my body and how much I have to pay them to do so, or how many bullets my gun fires with every pull of the trigger.

Morality doesn't have to be derived from Judeo-Christian religion, but the "true conservative" party was inseparable on that. I don't care if people get abortions or use stem cells for medical purposes either.

View Quote

Abandoning Judeo-Christian morality is the very thing that is destroying our country.  Don't think so?  Just look around at the results of it in our society.  It will only get worse.  The United States of America was founded and only exists because of God's good grace.  The founding fathers knew that and embraced it.  The greatest moments is our country have been when we turned to God.  Libertarians think they know better, but God cannot prosper a wicked nation.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Reagan was a populist, a nationalist, and a law and order Republican.  If anything, we are rediscovering aspects of  that dynamic.  Lots of self serving revisionism here when Reagan is mentioned.
View Quote

He was also a conservative with conservative principles.

He wasn't perfect.  On occasion he compromised those principles.  That should give you a great deal of pause with regards to electing a man with *no* principles.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

We need to separate (as much as possible) the economic issues from the social ones. We must fix the big economic issues in short order or become Greece, Puerto Rico or even Venezuela. Later we can worry about the color of our skin, or what we do with our junk.
View Quote

Just to clarify, Puerto Rico is in the mess that it is in today because of Congress and the United States government. Puerto Rico was used as a social experiment by Congress and both the right and the left to see how things work. Lastly Puerto Rico is part of the US. Remember that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Was Trump a fluke?

Or was Trump the wet dream of the MSM... someone they could prop up and use to accomplish exactly this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

Was Trump a fluke?

Or was Trump the wet dream of the MSM... someone they could prop up and use to accomplish exactly this?

I don't see how you guys (i.e. it's not only you) can say that the MSM in any way was/is pro-Trump.

As a person who pretty much only has AFN, I "get" to watch a lot of CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, etc. and they pretty much trashed Trump every chance they could.

Oddly, now that his is the republican nominee, they (the liberal media) is doing a bit of backpedaling, stating that "no one saw Trump going this far."
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The best we can hope for is personal liberty and support it for everyone, low taxes, secure borders, strong military and smaller less intrusive government. If you want more than that out of your government, you are creating the problem that got us to where we are.
View Quote

That's all I ever wanted to begin with.

ETA:  Not that I ever expected Trump or anyone else to deliver on it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#41]
The Republican Party has not been the party of Reagan.

They have been lying to you.  I knew Ronald Reagan and they are not the party of Reagan.

Only a fool would believe such horse shit!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came here to say that it ended with big daddy CIA George Herbert Walker Bush.  He never should have been VP..  I still wonder about Rreagan's shooting, Nancy HATED GHWB.  There is a rabbit hole there...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is what I was thinking.

The republicans stopped being conservative a long time ago.  McCain, Romney?
How about the republicans budget deals they have passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The GOP stopped being Reaganesque a decade ago.  What last night showed is that voters have finally figured it out.

Not that Trump is Reagan, but that the sham is over

This is what I was thinking.

The republicans stopped being conservative a long time ago.  McCain, Romney?
How about the republicans budget deals they have passed.

yup. I'd say it started dying the second Ronnie left the WH, and once Newt didn't run the House anymore, it was truly dead. It's been all RINOs and orange democrats since then.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I respected and still think Reagan was one of the best presidents we've had - BUT how many would actually vote for him today???

Things change.
7 Things Republicans Would Be Shocked To Learn About Ronald Reagan:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/02/06/3258121/reasons-tea-party-hated-ronald-reagan/

View Quote

Absolutely.

Reagan wouldn't stand a chance today, just like Cruz didn't stand a chance.

Only a moderate, and it will probably take a left-leaning one at that, to pull in enough of the "middle-ground" (i.e. moderate voters) to pull of a win.

We may not like it, but it is a fact of the new world we live in.

(And yea, I know, if that's the new world then you (not YOU AZ_SKY) don't want any part of it.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Here's another news flash:  the number of millenials just surpassed the number of baby boomers, and we all know the boomers are dropping off the other end at an accelerating rate.  Guess what that means?  We (U.S.) haven't even started to see the leftward shift that is about to overtake us if we don't get with the program and start fighting smart.

Saying screw it, we're doomed, taking your ball and going home is not an effective means of correcting what you perceive to be wrong with this country.
View Quote
When you put it this way, I think I should raise my daughter as a liberal.  This way, she will probably be at least happy with her government shackles.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Rinos.  All one big cesspool of Dem and Rep criminals, inside traders, influence peddlers.  It hasn't been a government for the people in a long time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#48]
The Republican party of Reagan died when Bush Sr. was elected.

Trump had and has nothing to do with that fact.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

And this.  And I'm a Christian (for you believers - a Disciple is what I try to be).

.gov and .church should be separate.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It died when John McCain was the nominee.
View Quote

I would say GW with his bait and switch, though that had already been occurring within the party and they were lobbying Clinton before that.  Neo-conservatism is not conservatism at all. Bush was the worst thing that ever happened to the party.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
it is worse than that

View Quote

Exactly.  Trump, Clinton, Sanders, et al are just symptoms of the disease
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top