BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seen handwritten "recipes" here in Yankee land that are a jar of spaghetti sauce, a pound of ground turkey, a tablespoon of chili powder, and a couple cans of beans.
View Quote

Please hunt down those recipes and toss them in a burn barrel.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't we just accept the fact that there's chili that has beans in it
No.
Beans in chili are an affront to the lord.

Be gone with that toxic blasphemy heathen!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Beans belong in chili.
View Quote

I used to respect you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The earliest mentions by Europeans about Chili Say it was a mixture of BEANS. Meat and spices.  Do not listen to the Nancy boy revisionist.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am willing as well.  Choose your weapon.  Are you friend or foe?

Choose wisely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am willing as well.  Choose your weapon.  Are you friend or foe?

Choose wisely.
https://i.postimg.cc/Gpkz4MjV/Screenshot-20230816-190938.png
It's a date.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can't we just accept the fact that there's chili that has beans in it, and there's chili that doesn't. Like someone already pointed out, it's all about the meat, the sauce, and the spice. I've had some mighty fine chili with beans, and I've had chili  without which I enjoy just as much. Instead of worrying about the damn beans worry about the consistency is the chili more like soup or is it nice and thick? Actually I believe the best chili I've ever had not only had beans but it had the little red chili peppers in it as well. It's been well over twenty years since I had that chili and I can still remember it.
View Quote

I was hoping to win using ChatGPT but that piece of shit AI also had a reasonable answer.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Chili has beans, corn, and noodles.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I used to respect you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The earliest mentions by Europeans about Chili Say it was a mixture of BEANS. Meat and spices.  Do not listen to the Nancy boy revisionist.
View Quote

The early European Texans we all learned about in school? Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Says the Yankee heathen.

Beans do NOT belong in chili
View Quote

Chili = bean soup
Chili con carne = bean soup with meat.

Either way, beans are there …
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Real chili has corn.
View Quote

You just had to go there, didn’t you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wisconsin?

Are you going to teach us about tacos next?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Chili should be a seamless experience, every bite a homage to its rich heritage. Beans are the speed bumps on the road to flavor town. Why would anyone willingly choose a bumpy ride?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I actually used to believe that beans belong in chili.

I was radicalized by Arfcom.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Your chili over rice is incredible.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#20]
TLDR

Beans
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess every generation needs its culinary mistake. Like bell bottoms in fashion, this too shall pass.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Beans belong in chili.
View Quote

I guess if you're making that crap the poors call chili with ground beef and tomatoes, beans are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Beans belong in chili.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Did you see my previous argument? What exactly is the sin rice commits against chili? No one has answered yet.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Chili = bean soup
Chili con carne = bean soup with meat.

Either way, beans are there …
View Quote

Where are you from?? Wisconsin?

Chili does NOT have beans.

There is something seriously wrong with you people who THINK chili has beans in it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Chili has beans. This reminds me of the morons who get mad when someone refers to people from the United States as "americans".

"Buh wuh wuh about South and Central Americans! Could be them, so it doesn't mean people from the US!! Durrr!".

Which is dumb and bullshit. Ask everyone in the world to point to an American and 9/10 will point to the guy holding the US flag.

Words mean things, and if you did a poll most people by far would say chili has fucking beans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Chili has beans. This reminds me of the morons who get mad when someone refers to people from the United States as "americans".

"Buh wuh wuh about South and Central Americans! Could be them, so it doesn't mean people from the US!! Durrr!".

Which is dumb and bullshit. Ask everyone in the world to point to an American and 9/10 will point to the guy holding the US flag.

Words mean things, and if you did a poll most people by far would say chili has fucking beans.
View Quote

Most people would be wrong then.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most people would also say that we live in a democracy.  Thus the conclusion is not that chili has beans but rather that most people are idiots.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#34]

I will pray for you
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

As long as you say "I'm going to ladle chili over rice" then you're good to go.
View Quote

Correct, chili over rice, not rice in chili. And for the record, my Connecticut chili is seared beef and a mixture of dried peppers reconstituted, blended and strained into a slurry, some garlic and some onion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Most people would also say that we live in a democracy.  Thus the conclusion is not that chili has beans but rather that most people are idiots.
View Quote

Oh, we do. You just don't know that a representative Republic is a form of democracy. We are of course both.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Did you see my previous argument? What exactly is the sin rice commits against chili? No one has answered yet.
View Quote

Ah, the age-old debate of adding rice to chili. To truly understand why some might consider this a cardinal sin in the culinary world, we must delve deep into the heart of chili tradition, the passion of purists, and the essence of flavor profiles. Prepare for a whirlwind of emotions and scalding truths!

Sacred Simplicity: Chili, in its original form, is a celebration of minimalism. It basks in the glory of meat, spices, and sauce. This trinity, so to speak, is a testament to the beauty of simplicity. Rice, with its distinct flavor and texture, disrupts this sanctified trio, and in doing so, detracts from the very essence of chili.

Textural Turmoil: Chili has a rich, chunky, and meaty texture that allows each ingredient to shine. Introducing rice into this beautiful medley turns the experience into a muddied clash of textures. It's the gastronomic equivalent of wearing polka dots with stripes.

Flavor Fidelity: For chili purists, the intense, spicy, and smoky flavor of chili shouldn't be diluted or tamed. Rice, as a neutral and absorbent ingredient, acts as a sponge. It can mute the chili's potent profile, robbing one's palate of the full chili experience.

Historical Honor: Tradition plays a significant role in food. Some chili aficionados hold on to recipes passed down through generations, cherishing the authenticity and story behind each dish. Adding rice, for some, might feel like rewriting a cherished family history.

The Balance of Boldness: Chili is bold; it's a dish that demands attention. It's not meant to be a side note or a mere companion. Adding rice may be perceived by some as relegating chili to the role of a sauce or a topping, which for chili enthusiasts, is nothing short of sacrilege.

So, the next time you're tempted to merge these two worlds, remember: for some, chili isn't just a dish; it's an experience, a tradition, and a bold statement. To them, adding rice might just be akin to diluting the very soul of chili!
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Chili has beans.

Pasta sauce is completely different.

I would venture to guess that most of you Texans would eat roadkill armadillo as long it had tomato and chilies.
View Quote

Roadkill armadillo is quite handy. You can be walking down the road, see one, build a fire, and cook it in its own shell. No pots or pans needed. Try to do that with chili...with or without beans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Beans are disgusting filler for poors who can't afford a true all meat chili.

The same goes for rice, etc.

You may ADD beans TO chili, but beans do not MAKE chili, chili.

now... /thread.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh, we do. You just don't know that a representative Republic is a form of democracy. We are of course both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Words have meanings.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ah, the age-old debate of adding rice to chili. To truly understand why some might consider this a cardinal sin in the culinary world, we must delve deep into the heart of chili tradition, the passion of purists, and the essence of flavor profiles. Prepare for a whirlwind of emotions and scalding truths!

Sacred Simplicity: Chili, in its original form, is a celebration of minimalism. It basks in the glory of meat, spices, and sauce. This trinity, so to speak, is a testament to the beauty of simplicity. Rice, with its distinct flavor and texture, disrupts this sanctified trio, and in doing so, detracts from the very essence of chili.

Textural Turmoil: Chili has a rich, chunky, and meaty texture that allows each ingredient to shine. Introducing rice into this beautiful medley turns the experience into a muddied clash of textures. It's the gastronomic equivalent of wearing polka dots with stripes.

Flavor Fidelity: For chili purists, the intense, spicy, and smoky flavor of chili shouldn't be diluted or tamed. Rice, as a neutral and absorbent ingredient, acts as a sponge. It can mute the chili's potent profile, robbing one's palate of the full chili experience.

Historical Honor: Tradition plays a significant role in food. Some chili aficionados hold on to recipes passed down through generations, cherishing the authenticity and story behind each dish. Adding rice, for some, might feel like rewriting a cherished family history.

The Balance of Boldness: Chili is bold; it's a dish that demands attention. It's not meant to be a side note or a mere companion. Adding rice may be perceived by some as relegating chili to the role of a sauce or a topping, which for chili enthusiasts, is nothing short of sacrilege.

So, the next time you're tempted to merge these two worlds, remember: for some, chili isn't just a dish; it's an experience, a tradition, and a bold statement. To them, adding rice might just be akin to diluting the very soul of chili!
View Quote

Brother, I'm not adding chili to rice. That would be the same as adding beans or pasta. Rather, chili is being served on top of rice. Chili is consumed as the pure, unadulterated ecstasy that it is on its own. Its wholesome goodness drips down upon the rice and extends its enjoyment, co-mingled with a lesser but nearly equally important staple.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Real chili has corn.
View Quote

Shoot yourself
It'll hurt less than continuing to live in your condition
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Beans belong in chili.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Brother, I'm not adding chili to rice. That would be the same as adding beans or pasta. Rather, chili is being served on top of rice. Chili is consumed as the pure, unadulterated ecstasy that it is on its own. Its wholesome goodness drips down upon the rice and extends its enjoyment, co-mingled with a lesser but nearly equally important staple.
View Quote

If you are still requiring enjoyment after your first bowl of chili, grab a second.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top