BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That I agree with 100%, but in a de-railed conversation such as this opine- it does not directly correlate=depends on another  .
View Quote
Yeah this thread went off the rails
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Earth, Florida, Miami-Dade County.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
African and Caribbean Blacks want nothing to do with Black American culture.
On what planet?
Earth, Florida, Miami-Dade County.
I’m in Dade County right now, I observe differently.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because last I checked, Italians, Germans, and Irish weren't brought here as slaves and then treated as second class citizens for another 100 years. Yes, they were discriminated upon. But they formed their own ethnic enclaves and then multigenerationally assimilated into the greater American fabric since they weren't easily identified to be discriminated against like Blacks were.

I don't recall Germans, Italian, or the Irish being targeted by Jim Crow, segregated, or barred from marrying someone different.

The United States for all of its awesomeness fucked up on how it treated its Black population after slavery ended. Segregation, legal and corporate discrimination,  the violation of civil rights, etc is and was pretty fucked up and irrevocably ruined the full integration of Black Americans into the very fabric of this nation.

To this day, they are treated differently. Whether it is for their "benefit" or not.

In the end, because of our history. Black Americans have socially evolved into their own specific culture and society.

Up until the 1960s, Black Americans had stronger family ties, better cultural efforts put towards educational advancement, and solid Conservative social morals. But the 1960s ruined it by the civil rights moment being coopted by Leftists and turned into the complete utter clusterfuck we see today.

Multigenerational welfare destroyed the Black American Family structure. And that tied in with the history of racism, bigotry, and repression makes a shit smoothie of failure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Miami a votes Democrat, the same as Montpelier. Why? Because they're full of Leftists.

Again, are Whites a unified mono culture?
Never said white are a monolithic culture. But why did the Irish Italians Germans and whoever else came from Europe integrated well into American culture but blacks that have been here for 400 years still haven't
Because last I checked, Italians, Germans, and Irish weren't brought here as slaves and then treated as second class citizens for another 100 years. Yes, they were discriminated upon. But they formed their own ethnic enclaves and then multigenerationally assimilated into the greater American fabric since they weren't easily identified to be discriminated against like Blacks were.

I don't recall Germans, Italian, or the Irish being targeted by Jim Crow, segregated, or barred from marrying someone different.

The United States for all of its awesomeness fucked up on how it treated its Black population after slavery ended. Segregation, legal and corporate discrimination,  the violation of civil rights, etc is and was pretty fucked up and irrevocably ruined the full integration of Black Americans into the very fabric of this nation.

To this day, they are treated differently. Whether it is for their "benefit" or not.

In the end, because of our history. Black Americans have socially evolved into their own specific culture and society.

Up until the 1960s, Black Americans had stronger family ties, better cultural efforts put towards educational advancement, and solid Conservative social morals. But the 1960s ruined it by the civil rights moment being coopted by Leftists and turned into the complete utter clusterfuck we see today.

Multigenerational welfare destroyed the Black American Family structure. And that tied in with the history of racism, bigotry, and repression makes a shit smoothie of failure.
And there we have it folks, blacks been here longer but do worse than later white immigrants because racism.

mimiflipflops has finally outed himself as an SJW!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah this thread went off the rails
View Quote
That was as nicely worded as I could get it. Eventually someone is going to post pictures of a phallus.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yep, Latin white supremacists are working with Liberal white supremacists to accuse normal people of being white supremacists so they can take advantage of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking about this last night.  The left is importing a bunch of Latins to end "white supremacy."  Yet Latin culture is explicitly white supremacist.  The lighter your skin, the higher up you are in society.
Yep, Latin white supremacists are working with Liberal white supremacists to accuse normal people of being white supremacists so they can take advantage of them.
Well put
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And there we have it folks, blacks been here longer but do worse than later white immigrants because racism.

View Quote
Also I didn’t know that Jim Crowe was a thing in the north or west but I guess you learn something new everyday
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also I didn’t know that Jim Crowe was a thing in the north or west but I guess you learn something new everyday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn those Jim crow laws in Detroit, Gary, ST Louis, Cadmen, Phillie, etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Damn those Jim crow laws in Detroit, Gary, ST Louis, Cadmen, Phillie, etc.
View Quote
I know always holding a brotha down lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea holy fuck he just went straight up liberal, Jesus.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Meredith Townsend once said something that would make a College professor shit himself in anger:

"None of the black races, whether African or Australian, have shown within the historic time the capacity to develop civilization. They have never passed the boundaries of their own habitats as conquerors, and never exercised the smallest influence over peoples not black. They have never founded a stone city, have never built a ship, have never produced a literature, have never suggested a creed... There seems to be no reason for this except race. It is said the African has been buried in the most 'massive' of continents, and has been, so to speak, lost to humanity; but he was always on the Nile, the immediate road to the Mediterranean, and in the West and East Africa he was on the sea. Africa is probably more fertile, and almost certainly richer then Asia, and is pierced by rivers as mighty, and some of them at least as navigable. What could a singularly healthy race, armed with a constitution which resists the sun and defies malaria, wish for better than to be seated on the Nile, or the Congo, or the Niger, in numbers amply sufficient to execute any needed work, from the cutting of forests and the making of roads up to the building of cities?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I know GD too well so I skipped the 21 pages and went to the actual site. See Strategic Partners. See Funders. Elitists Foundations all the way.

https://theconversation.com/us/partners
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I did a bit of looking into this a few years back. I was in a class in my second stint in college, when we started discussing slavery. I was fascinated and a bit appalled that many other nations imported African slaves but to my knowledge, none of them was dealing with major racial issues the way we are in the US. Why is that?

I boils down to how the slaves were treated after they were freed. Brazil wound up importing far more slaves than the US did but once they were freed, they were embraced while freed Africans in the US were shunned and ostracized. For decades upon decades. This isn't virtue signaling or any bleeding heart crap from me; this is fact.

If the US had embraced the freed slaves the way other nations like Brazil did, yeah "muh whiteness" would have been "at risk" (to those who care about it) at a far earlier date, but we wouldn't be constantly be getting these calls for reparations.

IMHO this is another historical problem the Democrats created and are hanging - successfully - on the necks of the Republicans. Without the inner-city blacks to point to and screech about unfairness, the Democrats lose their power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is interesting that in Brazil and Cuba there is a lot of social preference for "lighter skin" (perceived as being "better" and discrimination against "darker skin"...

An observation for what it is worth...
Slavery in Cuba ended on October 7, 1886. In Brazil it was May 13, 1888.

Brazil is for the most part mixed and doesn't give a damn (40% of the population is African ancestry). Cuba only became Afrocentric after the takeover of Castro in January 1, 1959 when there was a major flight of wealth. Afro-Cubans were treated as second class Citizens and Fidel himself was raised amongst them since he was a bastard child of an affair.

The few photos you see of the Confederados in Brazil mean nothing in terms of light skin. There are dark skinned Confederados due to the generations of mixed ancestry.

http://www.strangehistory.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/festa-confederada.jpg

The average Brazilian family looks like this.

https://i1.wp.com/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Coloured-family.jpg

Colored
I did a bit of looking into this a few years back. I was in a class in my second stint in college, when we started discussing slavery. I was fascinated and a bit appalled that many other nations imported African slaves but to my knowledge, none of them was dealing with major racial issues the way we are in the US. Why is that?

I boils down to how the slaves were treated after they were freed. Brazil wound up importing far more slaves than the US did but once they were freed, they were embraced while freed Africans in the US were shunned and ostracized. For decades upon decades. This isn't virtue signaling or any bleeding heart crap from me; this is fact.

If the US had embraced the freed slaves the way other nations like Brazil did, yeah "muh whiteness" would have been "at risk" (to those who care about it) at a far earlier date, but we wouldn't be constantly be getting these calls for reparations.

IMHO this is another historical problem the Democrats created and are hanging - successfully - on the necks of the Republicans. Without the inner-city blacks to point to and screech about unfairness, the Democrats lose their power.
If you want to place blame somewhere for the consequences of slavery, place it on the people that bought them all the in the first place. The short term economic boost that the people that thought it was ok to own another human as property realized from working slaves was not even fucking close to being worth the long term effects we are still dealing with. It destroyed the southern communities/states and left tax payers picking up the tab today to support the descendants of those slaves. I don't give a crap about people's feelings and whether they felt welcome or embraced. Plenty of people were unwelcome when they came to this country and they turned into productive groups despite the adversity.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meredith Townsend once said something that would make a College professor shit himself in anger:

"None of the black races, whether African or Australian, have shown within the historic time the capacity to develop civilization. They have never passed the boundaries of their own habitats as conquerors, and never exercised the smallest influence over peoples not black. They have never founded a stone city, have never built a ship, have never produced a literature, have never suggested a creed... There seems to be no reason for this except race. It is said the African has been buried in the most 'massive' of continents, and has been, so to speak, lost to humanity; but he was always on the Nile, the immediate road to the Mediterranean, and in the West and East Africa he was on the sea. Africa is probably more fertile, and almost certainly richer then Asia, and is pierced by rivers as mighty, and some of them at least as navigable. What could a singularly healthy race, armed with a constitution which resists the sun and defies malaria, wish for better than to be seated on the Nile, or the Congo, or the Niger, in numbers amply sufficient to execute any needed work, from the cutting of forests and the making of roads up to the building of cities?
View Quote
White people were oppressing them before they ever even met.

This is why we need reparations.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does Lagos count?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Lagos count?
https://hotels.ng/guides/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Nigerian-city.jpg
Does importing foreigners to build your cities for you count?

There are a bunch of third world countries who got rich off selling their natural resources and then imported engineers and construction expertise to build out their cities.

If those outside experts left they’d fall to pieces within a generation or less.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Lagos count?
https://hotels.ng/guides/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Nigerian-city.jpg
Don't Forget Wakanda...

Wakanda Forever!!!  
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There are a bunch of third world countries who got rich off selling their natural resources and then imported engineers and construction expertise to build out their cities.

If those outside experts left they’d fall to pieces within a generation or less.
View Quote
I would say getting other people to do your bidding does count.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
A LOT of the 1800's to 1920s America (Gold Age) was built by imported foreigners (Irish, Italians, Poles, Greeks, and don't forget the Chinese too)

The Railroads (Arguably Americas greatest engineering feat of the 1800s you'd be talking the Chinese, Irish & Others.

The USA got rich initially selling natural resources (Tobacco, Cotton, Agricultural crops, Fishing & Whaling and of course Gold & Silver mining (importing lots of experts & engineers to design, build & operate the mines)
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

So just like the rest of Africa China has it tentacles in Nigeria
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Once the world was filled with Yetis now very few exist...
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sort of ....
View Quote
Generational communists,their brainwashed neo-coms,and the globalists who hate the America of our founders...

They are pushing the Cloward-Piven strategy and Gramsci Marxism the crushing weight of invaders on the national
treasury will bankrupt us...the overwhelming crime will steal our freedom out from under us.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Lagos twin cities are Gary IN and Atlanta you can’t make this shit up
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/304912/EF322B80-FFB4-4A84-8EB8-FD7DA3047843_png-933254.JPG
So just like the rest of Africa China has it tentacles in Nigeria
View Quote
Pretty much all developments get money from somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pretty much all developments get money from somewhere.
View Quote
Citation needed
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lagos twin cities are Gary IN and Atlanta you can’t make this shit up
View Quote
Probably. But there is an advance city in Nigeria.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Haiti is a failed state.

But Black Caribbeans are more than Haiti. You have Blacks from Dominica, Grenade, Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, etc....

Great work on lumping in Black Caribbeans as if they're all Haitian.

On top of that, Black African Immigrants want nothing to do with Black American Culture either. Kenyans, Nigerian, etc....
View Quote
What about PR? Black or Latino? Either way its full of fail.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
People can explore that city with Google street map and decide for themselves.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Citation needed
View Quote
It's fairly common to borrow money when you don't have enough to do it yourself. No need to cite.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

People can explore that city with Google street map and decide for themselves.
View Quote
No doubt. Follow the quote chain to better understand.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's fairly common to borrow money when you don't have enough to do it yourself. No need to cite.
View Quote
That’s not how Chinese “loans” work. They’re made with the knowledge that the countries being extended the loans are so stupid and dysfunctional that they’ll never be paid back. China then takes possession of said infrastructure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That’s not how Chinese “loans” work. They’re made with the knowledge that the countries being extended the loans are so stupid and dysfunctional that they’ll never be paid back. China then takes possession of said infrastructure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

ETA: This PNG did not play well on here. The colored in portions are different land rights China now owns.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah and if you think European colonialism was bad just wait to see what China does to Africa in the next 50 years
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am still correct. Whatever their penalties are is on them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah and if you think European colonialism was bad just wait to see what China does to Africa in the next 50 years
View Quote
Takes the focus off the White Man.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A LOT of the 1800's to 1920s America (Gold Age) was built by imported foreigners (Irish, Italians, Poles, Greeks, and don't forget the Chinese too)

The Railroads (Arguably Americas greatest engineering feat of the 1800s you'd be talking the Chinese, Irish & Others.

The USA got rich initially selling natural resources (Tobacco, Cotton, Agricultural crops, Fishing & Whaling and of course Gold & Silver mining (importing lots of experts & engineers to design, build & operate the mines)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, most of those people are fundamentally of the same race as the original colonists, people can nitpick what is and isn’t white but if you’re European you’re pretty much some flavor of white.

Further with regards the the Chinese, Importing menial labor does not equal importing the various engineers and brains who run the operations.

The normie-con compulsion to downplay the achievements of European civilizations and play up any shred of turd world accomplishment really is a curiosity. You’ve allowed the leftist media and education complex to rot your minds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, we could have taken it all by force at our whim.

At some point white people decided that the conquest ethic was immoral so we allowed the third world to keep their resources and actually paid for them instead of just seizing it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

First, most of those people are fundamentally of the same race as the original colonists, people can nitpick what is and isn’t white but if you’re European you’re pretty much some flavor of white.

Further with regards the the Chinese, Importing menial labor does not equal importing the various engineers and brains who run the operations.

The normie-con compulsion to downplay the achievements of European civilizations and play up any shred of turd world accomplishment really is a curiosity. You’ve allowed the leftist media and education complex to rot your minds.
View Quote
Nobody is saying they(Euros) didn't engineer it or were the brains. They(non-Euros) just harnessed it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

At some point white people decided that the conquest ethic was immoral so we allowed the third world to keep their resources and actually paid for them instead of just seizing it.
View Quote
There would be no reason to.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, trillions in natural resources, no reason to seize it.

They’re lucky white people are as nice as they are really.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
My neighbor has a nice car. Should I seize it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you miss where I referenced conquest ethic?

You’re not paying attention.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can defend it from your neighbor and state authorities it's yours.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Did you miss where I referenced conquest ethic?

You’re not paying attention.
View Quote
I guess my neighbor is lucky then
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you can defend it from your neighbor and state authorities it's yours.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Since Simon Bolivar, Latin America has never had a leader follow term limits.
View Quote
US culture had leaders follow them for about 140 years.

The fact FDR broke the tradition and people still loved him suggests a cultural decay, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There is no Black Boricua culture in Puerto Rico. There is just Boricua. Boricua means Island born Puerto Rican. The Mainland born Puerto Ricans are different thsn the Island born ones.

She just happens to be Black, but she is Boricua.

Boricua culture is different than Cubans too. Even though we have a shared past and language. There was a split long ago.
View Quote
Everything I know of Puerto Rican culture I learned from Hurricane Maria. What a lazy entitled corrupt culture. Kinda like NOLA.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well if you want to be nitpicky like you are he was talking about anglos not whites. Irish are Celtic not Anglo Saxon if you didn’t know that
View Quote
I was thinking of this book when I responded about the Irish:

https://www.amazon.com/History-England-Penguin-Classics/dp/0140431330

Macaulay made the point that Irish culture was such a small number of English could colonize and control them, however, if you viewed them on an individual level they were often very capable individuals. Of course, he was talking about the situation in the 1600s.

I made a similar point earlier, and his work is one of the things that made me think about that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was thinking of this book when I responded about the Irish:

https://www.amazon.com/History-England-Penguin-Classics/dp/0140431330

Macaulay made the point that Irish culture was such a small number of English could colonize and control them, however, if you viewed them on an individual level they were often very capable individuals. Of course, he was talking about the situation in the 1600s.

I made a similar point earlier, and his work is one of the things that made me think about that kind of thing.
View Quote
Thank you I’ll check it out
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Gdamn it. So is it or isn’t ok to be white?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top