Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Remember how in the OP I said this doesn't apply to the far left crazies? I'm convinced those you are referring to are leftist plants that fall into that category. GD has been infiltrated over the years. I even recall seeing a post on either reddit or 4chan about leftists looking to buy old accounts here.
View Quote

Quoted:

‘Greatest Generation’ Survey on Race, Sex and Combat During World War II Runs Counter to Its Wholesome Image

This is a perfect example of how Conservatism is a joke.  The average white American in August 1945 was basically a white supremacist.  Now, "Conservatives" (who are overwhelmingly white) are just as committed to a color-blind society as progressives.  Conservatives have no core beliefs, they are always shifting based on the movement of progressives.

There will be no "conservative resurgence" until a truly non-liberal (in the classical sense) movement emerges.  When it does, it will be opposed by progressives and conservatives alike.

View Quote

Case in point.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe.  Maybe not.  A lot of it has to do with luck.  

Do you think inflation under Biden was cause by Biden?  He sure didn't help it but the inflation baby was already cooked.  If Trump had been reelected, we'd have similar inflation numbers.  That's what loose monetary policy starting with Obama and continued through the Trump admin will do.  Too much money chasing too few goods.  My fam of four received $11,400 between Trump and Biden's "stimulus".  

Furthermore, conservatives have a lot of ground to make up after losing so many elections in a row.  Like it or not, Trump has hurt the conservative movement.  Was life better with Trump as president?  Absolutely, but that's not the point.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not possible at the fed level with the Uniparty control. Can Trump be elected? Sure, but you will see the same crap as 2017-20 only 10 fold. And the way Trump signs bills not realizing he has veto power (COVID bills), he might even be coerced into signing a similar 5k per day but you get your wall immigration bill.

Conservative movement at the state level has likely peaked. It just needs to be kept in place by those constituents. With the recent Texas middle finger and the 25 states joining them, this is more important than ever.
View Quote
I would have to agree. But it will eventually get to the federal level. Again, change takes time, and those playing the long game typically wind up on top. I think many are taking this as "THINGS ARE GOING TO TOTALLY CHANGE IN THIS ELECTION!"

...that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is seeds have been planted and are starting to grow. Many of the suburban liberals are starting to connect the dots.

This whole post was sparked by a conversation with my mother in law last night. She is as leftist as they come...she is shifting in ideology suddenly. Why? Because of three things: Inflation. Immigration. The Hunter Biden cover-up. She is upset that her grocery bill, energy bill, etc have all tripled and she is starting to feel it. The town she lives in just had an influx of illegals, it is effecting their schools and community programs as they have turned a community center that used to host events for kids and the elderly into a makeshift shelter. She is seeing how the media had suppressed the Hunter Biden story and is now more cautious in what she listens to from the media. She went as hard last night to state that as much as she hates to say it, she is planning to vote for Trump this year because she just can't afford or trust Biden anymore....and this woman was queen of the Karens during covid.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All you need to do is watch what is going on around the country.

-People, even those on the left (aside from the real crazies) are disappointed in the job Biden and the dems are doing. Many of your "suburban democrats" are starting to be effected by the shit policies they're pushing, and they don't like it.

-Black and Latino voters seem to be switching sides in large numbers after getting a taste of success in 2016-2020 only to have it ripped away and having welfare programs pushed back on them in their communities. Many will tell you they made the most money they have ever made, experienced the most success they've ever had, and experienced an improvement in their quality of living under Trump. Biden has pretty much eraced a large chunk of that.

-Many around the country are seeing Biden try to flex the power of the Federal Government in regards to Texas trying to handle their border crisis. It's not a good look.

-The shipping of illegals to sanctuary cities has been eye opening for many. Many who supported illegals coming here are having second thoughts now that their communities are being effected. Two weeks ago when the cold front came through and New York City closed some of its schools to house illegals from the cold, residents got big mad because their children's education is being affected.

-Where there they want to admit it or not, a large percentage of white liberals do not like DEI.

This is all coming to a head, and I feel like it is going to end in a rise in conservatism. Many see the times we're in as the death of America....it's not. America is an idea, ideas don't die. Are times right now shitty? Sure. But it's a cycle. We've have both good and bad times in this country, and I have faith that there is still a majority of good folks out there. So go enjoy your weekend. Drink some beers. Mayne some whiskey is you're feeling groggy. Grill something. Sound tome with friends and family. Just remember, this is cyclical and things will get better.

https://media.tenor.com/8Y58jCkrHikAAAAM/idiocracy-emotionally.gif
View Quote

I read similar in 2016 and things swung further left than I ever could have expected.

Make no mistake, I am and have been ready for a real conservative revival… but the realist in me holds no real hope of it happening in my lifetime. The extremist lefties are in control and short of burning them out like a cancer, it ain’t happening.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I read similar in 2016 and things swung further left than I ever could have expected.

Make no mistake, I am and have been ready for a real conservative revival  but the realist in me holds no real hope of it happening in my lifetime. The extremist lefties are in control and short of burning them out like a cancer, it ain't happening.
View Quote
I believe in the theory of reflexivity in terms of politics. History would be a strong indicator to support that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Got to have a Republican RINO purge before that could ever happen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't worry our purity tests will sort that out.
View Quote

Exactly, I have full faith in the conservative ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would have to agree. But it will eventually get to the federal level. Again, change takes time, and those playing the long game typically wind up on top. I think many are taking this as "THINGS ARE GOING TO TOTALLY CHANGE IN THIS ELECTION!"

...that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is seeds have been planted and are starting to grow. Many of the suburban liberals are starting to connect the dots.

This whole post was sparked by a conversation with my mother in law last night. She is as leftist as they come...she is shifting in ideology suddenly. Why? Because of three things: Inflation. Immigration. The Hunter Biden cover-up. She is upset that her grocery bill, energy bill, etc have all tripled and she is starting to feel it. The town she lives in just had an influx of illegals, it is effecting their schools and community programs as they have turned a community center that used to host events for kids and the elderly into a makeshift shelter. She is seeing how the media had suppressed the Hunter Biden story and is now more cautious in what she listens to from the media. She went as hard last night to state that as much as she hates to say it, she is planning to vote for Trump this year because she just can't afford or trust Biden anymore....and this woman was queen of the Karens during covid.  
View Quote

What you are saying about your mother changing her mindset is part of my point. President focus, yes there will be a shift. Congress critters? Nope. Not with RINOs and "middle" lefties always fooling their voter base to keep them in office with the latest vote pamdering phrase.

No offense to your mother, but I would wager other than not voting for Biden, she will tow the party line and still vote D for the other political offices. She may be upset about Biden and the items you mentioned, but does she realize that Congress is 100% at fault for the inflation with their money printing bills? Or her AO is messed up because of the dems in power there (just guessing) and allowing the feds/party to run it into the ground?

The conversion, sadly, is only single level most of the time. I hope not in her case and that it is 100% eyes wide open amd not a myopic focus on whoever the MSM wants to crucify to save the main agenda.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

-People, even those on the left (aside from the real crazies) are disappointed in the job Biden and the dems are doing. Many of your "suburban democrats" are starting to be effected by the shit policies they're pushing, and they don't like it.

-Black and Latino voters seem to be switching sides in large numbers after getting a taste of success in 2016-2020 only to have it ripped away and having welfare programs pushed back on them in their communities. Many will tell you they made the most money they have ever made, experienced the most success they've ever had, and experienced an improvement in their quality of living under Trump. Biden has pretty much eraced a large chunk of that.

-Many around the country are seeing Biden try to flex the power of the Federal Government in regards to Texas trying to handle their border crisis. It's not a good look.

-The shipping of illegals to sanctuary cities has been eye opening for many. Many who supported illegals coming here are having second thoughts now that their communities are being effected. Two weeks ago when the cold front came through and New York City closed some of its schools to house illegals from the cold, residents got big mad because their children's education is being affected.

-Where there they want to admit it or not, a large percentage of white liberals do not like DEI.

This is all coming to a head, and I feel like it is going to end in a rise in conservatism. Many see the times we're in as the death of America....it's not. America is an idea, ideas don't die. Are times right now shitty? Sure. But it's a cycle. We've have both good and bad times in this country, and I have faith that there is still a majority of good folks out there. So go enjoy your weekend. Drink some beers. Mayne some whiskey is you're feeling groggy. Grill something. Sound tome with friends and family. Just remember, this is cyclical and things will get better.

View Quote

whatever, nothing will change
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What have “Conservatives” actually “conserved”?
View Quote

Are you really that fucking clueless?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe in the theory of reflexivity in terms of politics. History would be a strong indicator to support that.
View Quote
Where is Francisco Franco when you need him

Seriously, that's about what it would take for a "resurgence".

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
USA is like the Garden of Eden, there is the Tree of Life & the Tree of Knowledge from which to eat. Conservatives eat from both trees, but leftists want to force everyone to only eat from the Tree of Knowledge.
View Quote

And knowledge should be in quotes, because it's their particular brand of twisted politicized "science" that they are offering.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh...2023 account, averaging over 15 posts a day, most being of a defeatist "no point is trying" nature.

....that's not suspicious or anything.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What have “Conservatives” actually “conserved”?
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you really that fucking clueless?
View Quote
He's talking about the slide to the left over time, despite the presence of conservatives.
Example: Hillary Care was rejected in the early 90's, only to have Obama Care easily shoved down our throats.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#16]
So many lefties vote left because doing so makes them feel good about themselves and supports their view they are simply smarter, better people than all those nasty Republicans.

Statistics, facts, logic have very little affect on that kind of attitude.

Only direct personal expereince, like Paul's on the road to Damascus, can cause change in those situations.

Nowhere near enough members of the Woke cult have had that level of experience yet.

I see zero real evidence of it, especially based on the actual elections since about 2018.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You mean like the 'red wave' in the last election?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#18]
The US needs one but it isn't on the verge I don't think.  The republican party today is too fractured to succeed anymore - it's done and we're going to suffer until it changes.  Maybe about 15 years of failure will bring enough generational shift that some of the religious values will be dropped and a party of low spending, low government, and high liberty can emerge.  Going to be some dark times until that happens though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#20]
That's the problem: to get people to actually vote differently, they have to see how bad Democrats run things.

Then when the Dems get run out, the controlled opposition doesn't turn the clock back.  See Obamacare.

People forget or listen to media too much, then they vote in more Dems.  Rinse and repeat.

Economically, America may or may not be fine.  But as a leading society, we are done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#21]
No it's not.  People have moved left.  Your neighbors and friends have moved left.  There is no silent conservative majority.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Is there a single country in the entire world governed by "conservatives"? I'm pretty sure there isn't, unless you count Russia or Belarus as being conservative.
Fact is most humans reject conservative ideology. Call me a troll or commie or whatever, but you can't prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Lol at anyone that thinks blacks and Hispanics are voting red in numbers that matter.

Lmao even
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not possible at the fed level with the Uniparty control. Can Trump be elected? Sure, but you will see the same crap as 2017-20 only 10 fold. And the way Trump signs bills not realizing he has veto power (COVID bills), he might even be coerced into signing a similar 5k per day but you get your wall immigration bill.

Conservative movement at the state level has likely peaked. It just needs to be kept in place by those constituents. With the recent Texas middle finger and the 25 states joining them, this is more important than ever.

I hope you are right but those things are fleeting. The Gulf War thread of this morning got me thinking about how in even late 1991, George HW Bush had a very good approval numbers and was cruising to reelection.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Republicans aren't conservatives. At all.

They are just leftists who proceed with caution versus the modern Democrats who want to jump in head first.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You mean like the 'red wave' in the last election?
View Quote
Red Wave! Mitch is back in power to save us!
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lol at anyone that thinks blacks and Hispanics are voting red in numbers that matter.

Lmao even
View Quote
Winning a majority of them? No. Gaining, yes. Case in point:

Attachment Attached File

That is a 16% increase in support from 2016 and a 14% increase from 2020. 10% higher than the peak that any republican has seen in the black vote in 50 years.

But sure. No increase that matters.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#30]
a resurgence to what level?
Certainly not to a amount that matters.

We have passed the event horizon.  

Im not a doomer.  
I don't scream, we're all gonna die when a cat5 hurricane is coming,  I just check my preps and batten down the hatches.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't see it happening.

Voting by mail leads to permanent Dem control.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#32]
We’re going to lose again, because all women care about is abortion. Literally, nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter if they’re an unfuckable hag 75 years old and 200 pounds overweight, the only thing they give a fuck about in this entire world is abortion.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/411079/1000011996_jpg-3116736.JPG

That is a 16% increase in support from 2016 and a 14% increase from 2020. 10% higher than the peak that any republican has seen in the black vote in 50 years.

View Quote
When it comes to the national election, I wait to see the actual results.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't see it OP. The people that vote D are going to get smart and realize they're the problem? If it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to.
Democrats have been lying to Blacks since the middle of last century. I'm sure they'll make the connection any day now.

View Quote

This.

Also, we have millions of new illegal immigrants who are forever grateful to the Democrats. And they WILL vote. And their illegal votes WILL be counted.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I agree with OP.

The up coming Presidential election looks a lot like the '76. It is a choice between two people whom the vast majority of the voting public dislike. Neither of them are capable of truly leading the country or respected on the global stage.

After Reagan lost to Ford at the 76 Republican primary, he and a handful of other conservatives rebuilt the party. They crushed Carter in '80, united the country, righted the economy, rebuilt the military, all of which ultimately lead to the downfall of the Soviet Union.

This time is reminiscent of Nixon. In the Republican party we are witnessing the death throws of a narcissistic figurehead who has failed to unite the party. MAGA-ites will legitimately point out there is no better option. The problem is any conservative cable of uniting the base is instantly attacked by MAGA or discredited by association. No conservative capable of leading the country has a chance to build any momentum.

It is only a matter of time before the Orangeman fully implodes. Once that happens conservatives will unite stronger than ever behind a new leader. The only real question is how much more damage will be done before that time.
View Quote

That's a lot of typing to say that only a RINO can win.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't see it OP. The people that vote D are going to get smart and realize they're the problem? If it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to.
Democrats have been lying to Blacks since the middle of last century. I'm sure they'll make the connection any day now.

View Quote

With all due respect, Quiggy; I agree with this above quote.

My wife and adult daughter believe (as my adult son once did) that there will be a reckoning due to the overreach of the Democrats.  

But I don't see it - people don't think for themselves and far too many have greed for that government payout. Plus, people want to be "nice" and support the alphabet agenda and porous borders.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make no mistake, I am and have been ready for a real conservative revival  but the realist in me holds no real hope of it happening in my lifetime. The extremist lefties are in control and short of burning them out like a cancer, it ain't happening.

May you be right. I mean it.

I've heard it described for my whole life as a pendulum, swinging between left and right. With a few minor exceptions (blips really), the pendulum has only really swung left. I'm in my early fifties and genuinely would love to be surprised by being wrong. But it won't stop me from encouraging preparedness as if I'm 100% right though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Exactly, I have full faith in the conservative ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't worry our purity tests will sort that out.

It's not a victory if you have to compromise all your positions away in order to win.  There's a word for that, it's "surrender".
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've heard it described for my whole life as a pendulum, swinging between left and right. With a few minor exceptions (blips really), the pendulum has only really swung left. I'm in my early fifties and genuinely would love to be surprised by being wrong. But it won't stop me from encouraging preparedness as if I'm 100% right though.
View Quote
Make no mistake, I'm not saying people shouldn't be prepared. There's a likelihood that things are going to get worse before a massive shift occurs and people should be prepared. My point is that this isn't 'the end' as some say.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Make no mistake, I'm not saying people shouldn't be prepared. There's a likelihood that things are going to get worse before a massive shift occurs and people should be prepared. My point is that this isn't 'the end' as some say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree there. Every election is the most important one in history, ever.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#41]
The exact same bullshit stories precede every single election but never come to fruition. I guess the need for people to cope is why they believe this horseshit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I cringe when I see an "interview" of an undecided voter. Yikes. Talk about absolute stupidity. They're as bad as liberals. ZERO ability to process information. They make assumptions. Wildly out of touch with reality.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/411079/1000011996_jpg-3116736.JPG

View Quote

What the hell are they trying to say? Was this article written by AI?

No republican candidate has failed to win more than 12%......
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a big difference between having a pragmatic, even cynical view of things (taken from long experience), and becoming a defeatist because you've quit in the face of overwhelming adversity.  You shouldn't cross that line.

Never quit.  Dig down, find resolve, and press forward.  You may not succeed but if you quit, your loss will always be yours and yours alone.  Quitters are always the ones who have to explain why its "not their fault" over and over again...
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

With all due respect, Quiggy; I agree with this above quote.

My wife and adult daughter believe (as my adult son once did) that there will be a reckoning due to the overreach of the Democrats.  

But I don't see it - people don't think for themselves and far too many have greed for that government payout. Plus, people want to be "nice" and support the alphabet agenda and porous borders.
View Quote
That niceness ends when they start getting directly impacted, and that's what we're starting to see. Look at the sanctuary cities...they were all for supporting illegal immigrants until they started bussing them to their towns. Look at inflation....it wasn't a concern for them until their grocery bills quadrupled. It's not going to be a sudden shift, but eyes are starting to open. Cultural shifts are won by those willing to play the long game.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That niceness ends when they start getting directly impacted, and that's what we're starting to see. Look at the sanctuary cities...they were all for supporting illegal immigrants until they started bussing them to their towns. Look at inflation....it wasn't a concern for them until their grocery bills quadrupled. It's not going to be a sudden shift, but eyes are starting to open. Cultural shifts are won by those willing to play the long game.
View Quote

I like your optimism, but the long-game was already won before either of us were born.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Black voters aren't switching sides lmao
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The exact same bullshit stories precede every single election but never come to fruition. I guess the need for people to cope is why they believe this horseshit.
View Quote
On a national scale, polls are going to be inherently skewed, because they only get data from people willing to take them. My gut tells me that inner city minorities aren't particularly inclined to have a long winded political discussion with a pollster. I'd welcome a shift actually taking place, but I'm not going to take a poll as any semblance of fact.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have a household of six. My grocery bill is over $1k a month. It sure as fuck wasn’t under Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like him or hate him that arrogant SOB made life better. People will bitch and moan because he wasn’t perfect, and he wasn’t but he was decent and actually gave a single fuck about his country and countrymen. More than could be said about many of the previous presidents in the last 30 years.

Voting for the guy that fucks with you the LEAST is a viable topic that is changing minds daily, in my experience.

There's not a lot of ideological progressives here, moreso vestiges of the "Blue-collar" democrats. They are getting fed up with the consistently worsening cost of living increases.

I have a household of six. My grocery bill is over $1k a month. It sure as fuck wasn’t under Trump.

The people who started the money printer working overtime and are keeping it going are responsible.

You remember when it really got going, right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#50]
OP, I hope you’re right.  I’ll remain cautiously optimistic.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top