Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like him or hate him that arrogant SOB made life better. People will bitch and moan because he wasn’t perfect, and he wasn’t but he was decent and actually gave a single fuck about his country and countrymen. More than could be said about many of the previous presidents in the last 30 years.
View Quote

I can't remember EVER having a perfect president, and I'm old.

I doubt we could even choose an ARFCOMMER for president that would make everybody happy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Young people are more liberal than ever thanks to indoctrination and programming.

More minorities may be conservative than before but it's still extremely small percentage of them.

I don't see this happening the way you think it does.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No it's not.  People have moved left.  Your neighbors and friends have moved left.  There is no silent conservative majority.
View Quote

No, people have not. What has happened is there are precious few solid right, Constitutional originalist, smaller, less intrusive, less expensive .gov real conservatives to vote for. So, many in the silent, conservative majority has no one to represent their views. The media would like everyone to think like they do. We do not.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol at anyone that thinks blacks and Hispanics are voting red in numbers that matter.

Lmao even
View Quote

Yes, they are. As an extreme example, take a look at tiny, rural, Hudspeth County, Tx. Look at their voting trend over the last 40 years. And, much of the Hispanic areas of Texas have done the same.

Solid blue county turns solid red over time
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't see it OP. The people that vote D are going to get smart and realize they're the problem? If it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to.
Democrats have been lying to Blacks since the middle of last century. I'm sure they'll make the connection any day now.

View Quote

Sample size of 1 and all, but I just saw it this week.

One of my wife's sisters is the definition of lefty moonbat. Woke supporter of every shitlib idea she's ever seen, major TDS since Trump ran in '16, and has never voted anything other than straight Democrat in any election.

She told us last weekend she's voting for Trump this year.

It all stemmed from the financial impacts of what's been going on the last 3 years. She recognized that her household was much better off financially under Trump and wished she could go back to that.

Once she realized how much better things were under Trump she started reading a lot and watching videos from sources that weren't her normal biased trash sites and realized she wasn't opposing "literally Hitler".

I don't think she'll do a completed 180 on her political beliefs, but I also don't think she'll be such a lemming going forward. She's been watching A LOT of Candace Owens videos this week and has had regular conversations with my wife about the things she's been learning.

Wasn't a realization I thought she would ever come to. The whole family, her husband included are in shock.

The economy and Biden encouraging illegal immigration are going to make a lot of people question what's best for their own situations.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Oxiden just had a campaign event.  After it he went into sniff mode on a pair of suspecting kids.

What Trump has to do is put a few more black faces in the background of his rallies like OXiden does.  It is little things like that that are noticed.

I think Trump can bead the sniffer, but if Big Mike jumps in, Trump will have to triple up or more to get elected.  Mike would be a major problem.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Young people are more liberal than ever thanks to indoctrination and programming.

More minorities may be conservative than before but it's still extremely small percentage of them.

I don't see this happening the way you think it does.
View Quote
I work with quite a few Gen-Z/Millenials...while you are correct that more are more liberal than ever, they too are starting to shift. Taxes alone are a huge issue, many count on a huge tax return to go on vacation and such. Many claim 0 for that reason but are seeing the amount start to dwindle. Realizing that home ownership is becoming an impossible feat is another big issue.

The problem is instead of guiding them in their way of thinking, our side ridicules them with comments about avocado toast and stupid shit like that. Look at any thread that is about younger generations not being able to afford to buy a home.... "Quit buying avocado toast, hurr durr'

...I'm a young Gen-X'er and in a sense feel bad for the shit they are being left. There's no such thing as a starter home anymore. Many have been bought up as rentals. Others are in neighborhoods that aren't exactly safe. The world they have isn't the same world we had, some fail to realize that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
You mean like the "Red Wave" that never happened?

I'd like to agree with you OP, but I can't.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We’re going to lose again, because all women care about is abortion. Literally, nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter if they’re an unfuckable hag 75 years old and 200 pounds overweight, the only thing they give a fuck about in this entire world is abortion.
View Quote

Sad, but seemingly true

Only because they are insulated from the brutality of it. I wish they had to see the leftovers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Like him or hate him that arrogant SOB made life better. People will bitch and moan because he wasn't perfect, and he wasn't but he was decent and actually gave a single fuck about his country and countrymen. More than could be said about many of the previous presidents in the last 30 years.
View Quote

He did fuck all as President. Except nominate SCOTUS people that he was told to nominate, and a tax break.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, I like your enthusiasm.  It is refreshing to see instead of all the doom normally posted.  That said, my honest assessment is that there will be no right wing resurgence because our demographics simply won’t allow it.  One of the major reasons the country has slid further left is the importation of millions of left leaning people.  I’m not just talking about the illegal aliens, but the legal aliens and naturalized citizens.  Those groups overwhelmingly vote left.  

Couple that with the trend of left wing voting among the youth, the left’s control of every institution of influence in our society, and the right’s inability to offer and implement real solutions to the US’s current issues.  You end up with situation where the right wing defines itself as that which is not left wing and serves as a relief valve for people’s discontent with the direction the country is headed.  The left wing will continue to shift the Overton window left with the right wing serving only to ease the shift.  Same as it ever was.

I might change my mind if I saw a large scale shift back to right wing principles like limited government, focus on the nuclear and extended family, belief in Judeo-Christian theology, self reliance, and civic duty.  I just don’t see it.  Many of those things are mocked and ridiculed by those in the right wing for cheap social media validation.  Look at the recent thread in GD about the Mormon family with 17 kids.  Many of the comments were split between, “Woo doggie, I’d stick my dick in her,” and “Woo doggie, I bet her vagina is loose.”  There was a perfect example of a Tradwife taking care of a self reliant large family (two things which should be applauded by those on the right), and the response from an ostensibly right wing forum is lecherous ridicule.  You can’t win when your own team undermines your core principles.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't remember EVER having a perfect president, and I'm old.

I doubt we could even choose an ARFCOMMER for president that would make everybody happy.
View Quote

I was a kid when Reagan was president.  My democrat grandparents voted for him.  It wasn't until I was older and learned about FOPA 86 that I realized he wasn't perfect, and then learned a few more things as time went on.  But to a person who isn't into guns, that didn't even register.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

May you be right. I mean it.

I've heard it described for my whole life as a pendulum, swinging between left and right. With a few minor exceptions (blips really), the pendulum has only really swung left. I'm in my early fifties and genuinely would love to be surprised by being wrong. But it won't stop me from encouraging preparedness as if I'm 100% right though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read similar in 2016 and things swung further left than I ever could have expected.

Make no mistake, I am and have been ready for a real conservative revival  but the realist in me holds no real hope of it happening in my lifetime. The extremist lefties are in control and short of burning them out like a cancer, it ain't happening.
I believe in the theory of reflexivity in terms of politics. History would be a strong indicator to support that.

May you be right. I mean it.

I've heard it described for my whole life as a pendulum, swinging between left and right. With a few minor exceptions (blips really), the pendulum has only really swung left. I'm in my early fifties and genuinely would love to be surprised by being wrong. But it won't stop me from encouraging preparedness as if I'm 100% right though.

We watched the creeping liberalism "progress" to the point of liberal apocalypse
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't worry our purity tests will sort that out.
View Quote

We need to eat our own. The Left did and their weak are gone and the rest fell in line. They now literally rule the planet
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Yes, hanging out on ARF. You get a false picture that this place has anywhere near a majority of opinion in the country.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's a lot of delusion and cope
View Quote

Sadly this
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No. Republicans and conservatives will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Purse swinging, purity test, and stupidity will be what guarantees the democrats lifelong control of this once great country.
View Quote

Don't forget about the voter fraud
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
????????Four more years of Biden Bro!
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, they are. As an extreme example, take a look at tiny, rural, Hudspeth County, Tx. Look at their voting trend over the last 40 years. And, much of the Hispanic areas of Texas have done the same.

View Quote

Is that caused by demographic shifts, or just people changing their minds?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You missed the point. Polls are showing a drastic shift in ........
View Quote

Lol. Polls
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I want my cake back, all of it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

One of my wife's sisters is the definition of lefty moonbat. Woke supporter of every shitlib idea she's ever seen, major TDS since Trump ran in '16, and has never voted anything other than straight Democrat in any election.

It all stemmed from the financial impacts of what's been going on the last 3 years. She recognized that her household was much better off financially under Trump and wished she could go back to that.

Once she realized how much better things were under Trump she started reading a lot and watching videos from sources that weren't her normal biased trash sites and realized she wasn't opposing "literally Hitler".

I don't think she'll do a completed 180 on her political beliefs, but I also don't think she'll be such a lemming going forward. She's been watching A LOT of Candace Owens videos this week and has had regular conversations with my wife about the things she's been learning.

Wasn't a realization I thought she would ever come to. The whole family, her husband included are in shock.

The economy and Biden encouraging illegal immigration are going to make a lot of people question what's best for their own situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see it OP. The people that vote D are going to get smart and realize they're the problem? If it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to.
Democrats have been lying to Blacks since the middle of last century. I'm sure they'll make the connection any day now.

encouraging
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#24]
No. The institutions will not allow a resurgence to the right of Chomsky
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I work with quite a few Gen-Z/Millenials...while you are correct that more are more liberal than ever, they too are starting to shift. Taxes alone are a huge issue, many count on a huge tax return to go on vacation and such. Many claim 0 for that reason but are seeing the amount start to dwindle. Realizing that home ownership is becoming an impossible feat is another big issue.

The problem is instead of guiding them in their way of thinking, our side ridicules them with comments about avocado toast and stupid shit like that. Look at any thread that is about younger generations not being able to afford to buy a home.... "Quit buying avocado toast, hurr durr'

...I'm a young Gen-X'er and in a sense feel bad for the shit they are being left. There's no such thing as a starter home anymore. Many have been bought up as rentals. Others are in neighborhoods that aren't exactly safe. The world they have isn't the same world we had, some fail to realize that.
View Quote

So Trump and "the right" need to campaign on "make the American dream affordable again".
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He did fuck all as President. Except nominate SCOTUS people that he was told to nominate, and a tax break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like him or hate him that arrogant SOB made life better. People will bitch and moan because he wasn't perfect, and he wasn't but he was decent and actually gave a single fuck about his country and countrymen. More than could be said about many of the previous presidents in the last 30 years.

Same old N_T lying bullshit. For those that actually want to see some of Trump's accomplishments:

laundry list of Trump accomplishments

Like the man said, "that arrogant SOB made life better".
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Government Indoctrination Facilities that some people refer to as public schools have made a conservative resurgence impossible…and a few million illegals over the last four years.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the percentage of Hispanic folks there haven't changed much, I'm guessing the latter. It may be like Reagan once said, "The Democrat party left me."
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So Trump and "the right" need to campaign on "make the American dream affordable again".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't be a bad platform. Run on an agenda to cut spending, reduce taxes, fight inflation, and make the American dream once again accessible to younger generations and minorities.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Uh, no, OP.

We just need to pass more taxes to make life fair.

DEI will fix the problem with jobs.

Move more funding from police to community outreach.

Free transgender education in kindergarten.

Even if you do get Republicans in charge, wtf will they do with the power?  Not a d#*n thing.  Defecit spending will still increase, etc, etc....
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Even if you do get Republicans in charge, wtf will they do with the power?  Not a d#*n thing.  Defecit spending will still increase, etc, etc....
View Quote
So because it doesn't meet your standards and isn't perfect, burn it all down?

Will it be a sudden change if Republicans take control? No...I'm not saying it will, but its where things start. The liberal cartel we have in charge now took years to harvest and install. Your mindset is part of the problem...

"If I can't have it all now, then fuck it."
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That niceness ends when they start getting directly impacted, and that's what we're starting to see. Look at the sanctuary cities...they were all for supporting illegal immigrants until they started bussing them to their towns. Look at inflation....it wasn't a concern for them until their grocery bills quadrupled. It's not going to be a sudden shift, but eyes are starting to open. Cultural shifts are won by those willing to play the long game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect, Quiggy; I agree with this above quote.

My wife and adult daughter believe (as my adult son once did) that there will be a reckoning due to the overreach of the Democrats.  

But I don't see it - people don't think for themselves and far too many have greed for that government payout. Plus, people want to be "nice" and support the alphabet agenda and porous borders.
That niceness ends when they start getting directly impacted, and that's what we're starting to see. Look at the sanctuary cities...they were all for supporting illegal immigrants until they started bussing them to their towns. Look at inflation....it wasn't a concern for them until their grocery bills quadrupled. It's not going to be a sudden shift, but eyes are starting to open. Cultural shifts are won by those willing to play the long game.

Brother, I absolutely hope you are right. I am not prescient, so ultimately your prognosis may be 100% correct.

And, the main reason that I hope you are right is not for me (I'm 68) but for my kids and grandkids (and all people under the age of 40).
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I went to a local gas station then the liquor store next door. At the gas station the attendant was listening to a Trump rally on his phone. When I mentioned something about it he went on a 10 minute tirade about Biden, Epstein, FBI and what not then told me to God bless as I left. At the liquor store the guy working there was probably 25 or so and mentioned how Biden has fucked up the economy when I mentioned how prices went up. He went on a similar 10 minute tirade and was surprisingly knowledgeable about all the bullshit that has been happening.

A woman showed up at the lobby at work to get some items that were found and somehow ended up on long diatribe about Biden and how shitty the world is now due to libs. I don't know if it will translate to anything at the polls but I have never seen people act like this in my life.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't worry our purity tests will sort that out.
View Quote

Yep.  They always turn inward.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
How did Trump fair when you elevate the stock market? I recall a huge drop around 2018? And is he really pro Second Amendment? Is he really pro First Amendment? I ask these questions because it seems almost like a cult following. I think he was a way better President than he was ever given credit for but he had horrible people around him and he seems to be behaving a lot like a reformed Hitler. I ask these questions because I truly want what is best for our country. If it comes down between Trump and Biden I will vote Trump but I dont think it will come to that. Trump is too close to losing everything and his followers are too high on the Trump Koolaid to be objective.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#37]
FPNI. Never underestimate the rights ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I went to a local gas station then the liquor store next door. At the gas station the attendant was listening to a Trump rally on his phone. When I mentioned something about it he went on a 10 minute tirade about Biden, Epstein, FBI and what not then told me to God bless as I left. At the liquor store the guy working there was probably 25 or so and mentioned how Biden has fucked up the economy when I mentioned how prices went up. He went on a similar 10 minute tirade and was surprisingly knowledgeable about all the bullshit that has been happening.

A woman showed up at the lobby at work to get some items that were found and somehow ended up on long diatribe about Biden and how shitty the world is now due to libs. I don't know if it will translate to anything at the polls but I have never seen people act like this in my life.
View Quote
These are not isolated instances, it's happening all over. I honestly feel like those who downplay it are either leftist plants trying to instill a defeatist attitude in their opposition or people who don't give a fuck and just want to watch the world burn.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Sigh..   we'd already have a right wing permanent majority of the GOP would drop first trimester abortion bans from the platform and treat weed like alcohol legally.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Black voters aren't switching sides lmao
View Quote

Nope.  They’ll complain about Democrats, then vote for them come Election Day.  Every.  Single.  Time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope.  They'll complain about Democrats, then vote for them come Election Day.  Every.  Single.  Time.
View Quote
Maybe, maybe not. Black communities saw the biggest increase in quality of life during Trump's time. That was immediately ripped away when Biden took office and put them back on the welfare plantation.

People seem to remember and be more vengeful when they are given a taste of something nice only to have it taken away.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
The GOP had a chance to nominate a real conservative this election cycle. Proven, successful, conservative leadership, with a resume of accomplishments.

Instead, he got laughed at for his boots.

I’ll believe in a conservative resurgence when I see it. Because from where I sit, even the GOP isn’t even interested in actual conservative governance.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe, maybe not. Black communities saw the biggest increase in quality of life during Trump's time. That was immediately ripped away when Biden took office and put them back on the welfare plantation.

People seem to remember and be more vengeful when they are given a taste of something nice only to have it taken away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  They'll complain about Democrats, then vote for them come Election Day.  Every.  Single.  Time.

I hope you’re correct, but ime, they fall back in line by election day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You really think anybody noticed anything different other than covid lockdowns and stimulus checks? And that somehow they attributed that properly to Trump?

Did welfare disappear while he was in office? Did the jobs minorities got suddenly disappear when Biden was elected? You think minorities are too stupid to connect all that emergency spending with the inflation that followed it?

This is fantasy.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I hope you're correct, but ime, they fall back in line by election day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're correct, but ime, they fall back in line by election day.
I agree with you there. However we are in uncharted territory where they had the chance to experience a level success and have it taken away.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but my own experiences are showing a change in mindset in quite a few. Polls are showing it as well, enough that the left has acknowledged that they in fact have a problem and are losing large portions of the black and Hispanic vote.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Come Jan 25, radical leftists will own the WH, house, and senate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't see Biden losing right now with the current economy.  The stock market is completely on fire lately, good job numbers, low gas prices, and our country is producing more oil than ever before.  Biden's foreign policy has been a disaster, but voters care about the home front.  They're also brining in enough migrants to turn texas blue eventually and then we'll never see another R president.  Elon Musk is actually dead on, we're being replaced by people who won't mind living in a socialist country.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
These are not isolated instances, it's happening all over. I honestly feel like those who downplay it are either leftist plants trying to instill a defeatist attitude in their opposition or people who don't give a fuck and just want to watch the world burn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are correct. It sure seems different.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I agree with you there. However we are in uncharted territory where they had the chance to experience a level success and have it taken away.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but my own experiences are showing a change in mindset in quite a few. Polls are showing it as well, enough that the left has acknowledged that they in fact have a problem and are losing large portions of the black and Hispanic vote.
View Quote

If they were capable of that level of introspection they wouldn’t be in the situation they’re in. I’m not talking about individuals but the community as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sigh..   we'd already have a right wing permanent majority of the GOP would drop first trimester abortion bans from the platform and treat weed like alcohol legally.
View Quote

Those are big points, seems like the conservatives like to piss people off catering to the social conservative crowd.  Most normal people want legal weed and abortion is an absolute landmine of an issue to step on.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top