BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol

He was a demented eco-terrorist, who thought Tim McVeigh and Ramzi Yousef were swell people.
View Quote
To be fair to Timothy McVeigh, there hasn't been another Ruby Ridge or Waco...
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I read about halfway through his manifesto a year or so ago before other things grabbed my attention.  There was nothing in it that hasn't been pointed out many times by posters here.  It was profoundly observant about society, in most respects.

He was wrong in mailing his bombs out.  'Nuff said.

But if he had written his manifesto today minus the bombing, he'd be hailed as a parallel to Jordan Peterson.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If he's so smart how come he's sitting in a Supermax prison?  Brutal maimings and killings of scientists with bombs is sheer barbarism.  He's a garbage human, and that's it.
View Quote
If he hadn't insisted on having his manifesto published, he'd still be out there.  Even then, his own brother pointed LE in his direction.  FBI was chasing squirrels the entire time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I vote prophet and murderer.

Had a chad killdozer vs virgin unibomber meme that summed up my thoughts, but I can't find it now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
People don't think MKUltra be like it is, but it do.
View Quote
And this.  I had no idea he was a part of that until I watched the series.  Crazy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He was right, sorta.

I think he got it backwards tho.

AnPrims fatal flaw is that humans have been a technocentric species since the adoption of crude hand tools.

You cannot unring that bell.

Instead, we should embrace Crypto Anarchy and transhumanism. Self limitation is for faggots.
View Quote
Dammit.  Another meme I lost.

>When deer form a road on your property
>[ancap & anprim] autistic screeching.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Stupid fucking poll!

He is a MURDERER!

He is INSANE!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I read about halfway through his manifesto a year or so ago before other things grabbed my attention.  There was nothing in it that hasn't been pointed out many times by posters here.  It was profoundly observant about society, in most respects.

He was wrong in mailing his bombs out.  'Nuff said.

But if he had written his manifesto today minus the bombing, he'd be hailed as a parallel to Jordan Peterson.
View Quote
That's true but he wrote his manifesto in 1995 now it's common to discuss these beliefs on a open forum.
I don't think Kazinski was a prophet, patriot or hero I think he popped his Pmag so to speak.
Same as Timothy McVeigh.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stupid fucking poll!

He is a MURDERER!

He is INSANE!
View Quote
You fail at reading, Murderer is in the poll. I refuse to label the Unabomber insane as that relieves him of any personal responsibility for his actions.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There MIGHT be a tiny flaw or two in your logic.  I call it flogic.  
View Quote
Flogic.

I may re new my membership just so I can use that a sig line.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
He was a dumb-ass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's true but he wrote his manifesto in 1995 now it's common to discuss these beliefs on a open forum.
I don't think Kazinski was a prophet, patriot or hero I think he popped his Pmag so to speak.
Same as Timothy McVeigh.
View Quote
 They're all scouts.  Scouts are supposed to go out beyond the herd, then report back, so the herd can make a decision.  They're not supposed to carry bombs out there and fo - it never works.  Anders Breivick is probably the most fitting example.  He FENT hard on leftists.  He found the little island all the Stalins, Maos, and Lenins send their children during the summer time.  It's solid logic, but lacking any humanity.  

Scouts who don't do that crap are great for the cause.  They write fiction or non-fiction about what's coming in 20 years.  We adjust accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There MIGHT be a tiny flaw or two in your logic.  I call it flogic.  
View Quote
Come at me bro

Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Murderer, whacko.   Good at mathematics.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If he's so smart how come he's sitting in a Supermax prison?  Brutal maimings and killings of scientists with bombs is sheer barbarism.  He's a garbage human, and that's it.
View Quote
Yes, this. He is a piece of shit. Fuck him and his soul mate Al Gore.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was right, sorta.

AnPrims fatal flaw is that humans have been a technocentric species since the adoption of crude hand tools.

Instead, we should embrace Crypto Anarchy and transhumanism. Self limitation is for faggots.

This, but unironically

Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#18]
CIA played with that boy's head at a young age.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So perfect middle management material....
View Quote
Considering some middle management is more damaging to their organization than a mail bomb going off you may have a point.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That guy is what happens when someone doesn't have one friend in the whole world.  He's like Private Pyle in FMJ, or the Joker in TDN.  They come to resent existence because they only see the suffering side of life, no light or brightness.  At that point, they each take a slightly different path.

There is no point to living if there are no other people in the world, and that is the position they are in.  They think everyone else is also alone, so the compassionate and logical thing to do is end everyone's suffering.

They fail to understand that while everyone does suffer at some point (or even daily), most people have a "why" that allows them to bear their cross without wishing for annihilation.
View Quote
People are strange when you're a strangerFaces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#23]
From late 1959 to early 1962, Murray was responsible for experiments that have come widely to be considered unethical, in which he used twenty-two Harvard undergraduates as research subjects.[4] Among other goals, experiments sought to measure individuals' responses to extreme stress. The unwitting undergraduates were submitted to what Murray called "vehement, sweeping and personally abusive" attacks. Specifically-tailored assaults to their egos, cherished ideas and beliefs were used to cause high levels of stress and distress. The subjects then viewed recorded footage of their reactions to this verbal abuse repeatedly.

Among them was 17-year-old Ted Kaczynski, a mathematician who went on to become the Unabomber, a domestic terrorist targeting academics and technologists for 18 years.[5] Alston Chase's book Harvard and the Unabomber: The Education of an American Terrorist connects Kaczynski's abusive experiences under Murray to his later criminal career.[5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So you're against the American revolution then I presume?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And popping people with bombs from a drone is not?

Being barbaric is only decided by what side of history you fall on.

If he rid the government of liberals, GD would pray twice daily in his direction.
In our society you follow the rules or change them by a democratic process.  You don't just go around terrorizing people with bombs.  That's why he's in a Supermax and technology is moving.
So you're against the American revolution then I presume?
Comparing the unabomber to the founding fathers of the country? Really?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#26]
He wrote everything in code and from my understanding, some it has not been broken yet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#28]
He was all of the above and then some. Plus wacky as all hell.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And popping people with bombs from a drone is not?

Being barbaric is only decided by what side of history you fall on.

If he rid the government of liberals, GD would pray twice daily in his direction.
View Quote
He blew up people in parking lots, he was pretty indiscriminate with some of his targets...
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not psycho
View Quote
Just because you are educated or brilliant, doesn't mean you are not psycho.  This thread is dumb.  Ted was a murderer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Murdering piece of shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Obvious answer is obvious.

Polls such as this is what will get AR15.com plastered across CNN or one of the liberal leaning media outlets eventually.  We actually have people voting that he was a prophet and a patriot in this poll, and in another poll/thread, people actually believing that Bonnie and Clyde were murdered....even when case law specifically covered the officers at the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fist-bump for @Mr_Smiley

I want to be a spaceship when I grow up. What do you want to be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was right, sorta.

Fist-bump for @Mr_Smiley

I want to be a spaceship when I grow up. What do you want to be?
I want to be made post human.

To destroy and create on cosmic scale, art that will last until entropy takes hold.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#34]
tagscribe
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just because you are educated or brilliant, doesn't mean you are not psycho.  This thread is dumb.  Ted was a murderer.
View Quote
So you believe he can be cured? Released?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Left wing luddite terr orist.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Read his manifesto.

He was a genius, and understood the problems with the way technology is destroying society.

But he was also a wack job that sent bombs in the mail.

_
View Quote
Yep, he was 100% spot on.

I wouldn't say whack job, but it was a very bad idea to use that method to get his points out there.

He saw the threat and decided to act. Wish he would have used a better method.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#38]
The squirrels in his head told him it was a groovy idea to commit murder after he was frustrated with his own behavior regarding his temporary desire to undergo a sex change.

He is broken.

I remember being in the mail room at college when he was mailing out his love notes to random victims in academia.  He meets the definition of terrorist.  Does that package have a full return address?  Does the intended recipient recognize the name of the sender?  Is there a mix of different stamps used to post the package?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#39]
He was all of the above, but the positives in no way excuse his actions.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#40]
This is why armed revolution will never happen in this country. Because the first person to FO will be like this guy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Not really a prophet, but his manifesto is worth reading.

Otherwise, a sociopath.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A libertarian hero.
View Quote
Stupid fucking comment.

He is a whackjob serial killer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is why armed revolution will never happen in this country. Because the first person to FO will be treated like this guy.
View Quote
Maybe he was the first to fo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So you believe he can be cured? Released?
View Quote
Little late for that.............
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Unabomber was a gifted student, but always isolated. He grew up as kind of an outcast, lowest kid in the pecking order in grade school. He apparently had only one friend for a brief period, who then betrayed him when peer pressure to beat up the “weird kid” took over.

After that, I believe the only childhood friend he had was his younger brother.

If he’d been born in the past decade or two, I think there’s a good chance he’d be diagnosed as having Asperger’s or very high functioning autism.

Because of his academic success, he went to college a year or two early. He thought he found a like-minded intellectual environment, but he was still isolated because of his social awkwardness. Worse, he was mentored by a professor he thought was a friend, who turned out to be using him as a test subject for psychology experiments on identity and self-esteem.

Women? Forget it. The closest he came was a painful infatuation with an office girl at a job his brother had gotten him after dropping out of college. What was really just a sad attempt at reaching out to the opposite sex on the part of a broken individual who was struggling, looked creepy and stalker-ish from everyone else’s perspective. When his younger brother got married and was living a “normal life” in the society he despised, it was perhaps the final “betrayal” that sent him over the edge.

Being highly intelligent in terms of literacy and mathematics, but very deficient in social intelligence, he could not understand that his life sucked because HE had problems, or perhaps he did, but felt he had no way to fix himself. So his thinking became pathological and he built his entire “Man in technological society” philosophy and manifesto.

The semi-random anonymous bombings of university science departments, and small computer businesses through the mail was probably because he couldn’t stand urban society long enough to develop larger plans, and also because of his own personal poverty, lacking a car, or tools and resources to build and transport larger bombs.

By the standards of an insanity defense, namely, so insane he didn’t know what he was doing was wrong, he didn’t come close to meeting it. He knew it was wrong, but he did it anyway.
View Quote
You won’t find a better description than this.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
From late 1959 to early 1962, Murray was responsible for experiments that have come widely to be considered unethical, in which he used twenty-two Harvard undergraduates as research subjects.[4] Among other goals, experiments sought to measure individuals' responses to extreme stress. The unwitting undergraduates were submitted to what Murray called "vehement, sweeping and personally abusive" attacks. Specifically-tailored assaults to their egos, cherished ideas and beliefs were used to cause high levels of stress and distress. The subjects then viewed recorded footage of their reactions to this verbal abuse repeatedly.

Among them was 17-year-old Ted Kaczynski, a mathematician who went on to become the Unabomber, a domestic terrorist targeting academics and technologists for 18 years.[5] Alston Chase's book Harvard and the Unabomber: The Education of an American Terrorist connects Kaczynski's abusive experiences under Murray to his later criminal career.[5]
View Quote
I would like to know what happened to other 21.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Muhfucka was brilliant. Muhfucka also was crazy
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck him with a nonskid fid.
View Quote
what size line is it used for
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Right in what he believed in, wrong in his execution.
View Quote
I'm somewhere along this line of belief about him.

There was a really good profile about him in The Atlantic a long time ago that is still available, definitely worth a read if the subject interests you:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/

Harvard and the Making of the Unabomber

In the fall of 1958 Theodore Kaczynski, a brilliant but vulnerable boy of sixteen, entered Harvard College. There he encountered a prevailing intellectual atmosphere of anti-technological despair. There, also, he was deceived into subjecting himself to a series of purposely brutalizing psychological experiments—experiments that may have confirmed his still-forming belief in the evil of science. Was the Unabomber born at Harvard? A look inside the files...
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Because he was socially awkward and delusional, he decided that murder and terrorism were appropriate ways to lash out.
View Quote
You just described the vast majority of GD's "is it time to start shooting my neighbors yet?" threads.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top