Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If the morgue only holds 10-15 people three bad car wrecks and a couple of shootings would fill it to capacity.  Hospitals typically don't store hundreds of bodies on site.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:57:38 AM EDT
[#2]
isnt there another video down from that one where the guys is part of the loading crew and opens the trailer to show the bodies

edit- found it, but the guy does exaggerate when he said it was full

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
May I pose the question, of that being for real?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:03:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Long ass 18 wheeler like that provably can't negotiate down some of the streets is my guess.

There's footage at another hospital Wycoff doing the same thing only the footage is much closer where you can see the bags and coffins.

NYC is losing its shit right now.  expect panic asap.
View Quote

Why would a hospital have coffins and caskets?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There was a doctor from NYC in a video on the NYT site talking about having to use a refrigerator trailer as temp a temp morgue.
View Quote

I work the ED in a large urban hospital with hundreds of beds. Our morgue is tiny, something like 6-8 slots. It gets filled regularly on a normal day bw ED deaths and inpatient deaths.  I could easily see hospitals having to resort to such a measure.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
They call that a “blue load”. I had to do that in 93, at the Mobile ALabama train wreck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why would a hospital have coffins and caskets?
View Quote

Funeral homes are bringing caskets to the hospital and placing people immediately in the casket and then having immediate burials to protect their staff.

Doesn't do much good, hospital isn't running tests on suspected cases that die before tested. They just release them to us and then act like it's a nothing burger while putting our staff at risk due to hospital management's continued incompetency. If you think they treat nurses and staff like shit during a pandemic, they couldn't give a flying fuck what they pass off to us.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I don’t understand why we wouldn’t require cremation of potentially infectious remains. With some due process to the family of course.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t get it?
View Quote

It's fo' real!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that fo real?
View Quote

Y'all this is for REAL!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cant tell if for real....
View Quote

Real shit, Monica!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

theyre throwing away a mattress some fucking doomer shit themselves to death in
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it?

theyre throwing away a mattress some fucking doomer shit themselves to death in

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#15]
You don’t want to keep bodies in a hospital morgue during a “pandemic” with the virus that it causing it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I think that dude had a stroke.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What I'm unsure of is is that for real?
View Quote

That didnt look like it was for real.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That didnt look like it was for real.
View Quote

It sure sounded like it
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Long ass 18 wheeler like that provably can't negotiate down some of the streets is my guess.

There's footage at another hospital Wycoff doing the same thing only the footage is much closer where you can see the bags and coffins.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like propaganda. Why else would a hospital do that in front of everyone on a public access road?

Pfft hahahahahahahahaha coffins at a hospital huh?

This fucking thread is going to go places, I'm subscribing to this shit just for the laughs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don’t get it?
View Quote

Dis fo reel yaw
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#21]

A 38-year-old nurse at a Manhattan hospital shared this image yesterday of the inside of one of the refrigerated trucks lined on either side with the dead bodies of covid-19 victims
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This fucking thread is going to go places, I'm subscribing to this shit just for the laughs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like propaganda. Why else would a hospital do that in front of everyone on a public access road?

They must be using those FEMA coffins.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#23]

NYU Langone Hospital in Manhattan has 12 refrigeration trucks at its disposal. Eight of the trucks are seen above on Sunday
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Makeshift morgue trailers sits alongside Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City on Sunday.
Each refrigerated truck is said to be able to hold some 44 bodies.

The above image shows a makeshift morgue trailer set next to Lenox Health Medical Pavilion, which part of Northwell Health system, in Greenwich Village in Manhattan

A refrigeration truck and a rapid evaluation tent is seen above near Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City on Sunday
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Guess you never worked in Brooklyn.  Woodhull & Kings County are even busier.  Elmhurst General in Queens is also over whelmed.

These hospital’s  operate at 100-120% over on a normal day.
View Quote

Shhh shhh shhhhhhhhh, no logic now.  Only panic
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My brother works for the FDNY and he told me they had to get a cherry picker in to get this extremely large individual out of his

apartment in Harlem ,couldn't get him out the front door ended up having to take a window frame out to get him out , the man had not been

out of his apartment for over ten years he relied on family to get him what ever he needed .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting those big boys (600-900lb) out of their houses to begin with would be a tremendous effort.

Someone should document it.

My brother works for the FDNY and he told me they had to get a cherry picker in to get this extremely large individual out of his

apartment in Harlem ,couldn't get him out the front door ended up having to take a window frame out to get him out , the man had not been

out of his apartment for over ten years he relied on family to get him what ever he needed .

When I still worked 911, it was not unusual to need extra volunteers and FD personnel to get bariatric patients out of their houses.  More than once we cut out the front door and walls from the entryway to make room.

One in particular had to be rolled onto a cargo net and the entire wall cut out of her livingroom.  About 15 dudes struggled to heave l/drag her, on the net, onto the ambulance floor with the stretcher and mounting hardware removed.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Bodies are seen being loaded into a makeshift morgue outside Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, New York, on Thursday

Dramatic video from Sunday shows hospital workers using a forklift to load a body into a makeshift morgue outside the Brooklyn Hospital Center in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, on Sunday
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#29]
If a local news station doesn't hire that guy for their "man on the street" news segments....there is no justice in the world

This is fo real!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps things are at the point where their "give-a-shit" meeter is pegged out?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cant tell if for real....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Is that Mike Tyson narrating?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Mr Roger's did an interview with the brother many years ago
Mr Rogers interviews a bass player
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never been to Brooklyn before, have you?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There was a doctor from NYC in a video on the NYT site talking about having to use a refrigerator trailer as temp a temp morgue.
View Quote

Previous heat waves have forced NYC and Chicago to use Refrigerated trucks in the past.

ETA:  people forget that people are dying of the regular everyday shit too. Not every dead person in the world is Covid19.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/30/12/26581342-8167283-image-a-7_1585566684533.jpg
A 38-year-old nurse at a Manhattan hospital shared this image yesterday of the inside of one of the refrigerated trucks lined on either side with the dead bodies of covid-19 victims
View Quote

Look at all that wasted space.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what, we did it for Katrina. How big of a morgue do you think hospitals have?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess you never worked in Brooklyn.  Woodhull & Kings County are even busier.  Elmhurst General in Queens is also over whelmed.

These hospital's  operate at 100-120% over on a normal day.

We need a sloth meme with that on it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#39]
There is a great big chunk of our population who will not accept being inconvenienced for anything. They will refuse to social distance, refuse to stay home some more, refuse to obsessively wash their hands, refuse to wear a scarf over their face. They will refuse to accept responsibility for anything they don't like. If they get somebody else killed, they will blame the goverment.
These people are why government overreach will be justified, just like our founding fathers predicted.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#40]
So how many bodies can the typical hospital morgue hold at a given time?

I can see the need for trailers if you add COVID deaths to all the other deaths we have daily.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There is a great big chunk of our population who will not accept being inconvenienced for anything. They will refuse to social distance, refuse to stay home some more, refuse to obsessively wash their hands, refuse to wear a scarf over their face. They will refuse to accept responsibility for anything they don't like. If they get somebody else killed, they will blame the goverment.
These people are why government overreach will be justified, just like our founding fathers predicted.
View Quote

Turn in your guns and be a good citizen, it's for everyone's safety.

It's always interesting to see this place become more about big government control and less freedom because a scary bug is here.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03/30/12/26581342-8167283-image-a-7_1585566684533.jpg
View Quote

Not quite what we've been told to expect.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#43]
So a super fat guy got the Hong Kong fluey and died...

Never would have guessed that
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Look at all that wasted space.
View Quote

I suppose you could hang the bodies like they do beef.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Umm...it’s fo’real.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#46]
1. Using a scissor lift to load the trailer looks like the least efficient means possible.

2. The medical examiner's office has a really fancy "special operations" truck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
1. Using a scissor lift to load the trailer looks like the least efficient means possible.

2. The medical examiner's office has a really fancy "special operations" truck.
View Quote

You ever tried living a 600lb dead guy? scissor lift was the most efficient means possible.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You ever tried living a 600lb dead guy? scissor lift was the most efficient means possible.
View Quote

That requires you moving the guy from the bed to the lift that still has its sides on it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So a super fat guy got the Hong Kong fluey and died...

Never would have guessed that
View Quote
No, a super fat guy dies, but nobody knows the cause of death, so we're just going to
say kung fluey in order to incite panic and fear. 'Cause facts suck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is nothing new.  Does it make you scared?  Are you hoping to scare others?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top