[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't read because "Holy fuck that's too long".  

But, based on the thread title, I'm sure it's not awesome and leans much closer to retarded.

Hey, another square filled.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I asked you before, why do you specify "inside your house"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember, we're talking my opinion with my weapon INSIDE my house. I'd like to think I'm not one of the shotgun derpers. I know how to use it, it's limitations, the most likely and realistic situation I'd face inside the house, and I think that (all urban myths that I don't believe, regurgitate or repeat aside) my 590 will work just fine. For serious social work, the 590 goes in the jeep, the AR is carried

Terrain.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Flamethrower>Halberd>Katana>Rifle>Carbine>Shotgun>handgun
View Quote
I got a big Kitchen Knife. I'll serve you up like a turkey.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
i really wish i'd saved the "bearded obama" pic from the older threads...reminds me of the red sunsets from home
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A scatter gun ain't gonna kill you deader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Id take a shotgun all day for shot for shot, but the shotgun falls down with capacity and ease of reloading.  If you think a .233 can do anywhere near the damage a defensive shotgun round can you're dreaming. I own several shotguns that I use for 3 gun inculding an m2 that can hold 10 rounds and vepr-12 with several 12 round mags... however I would grab the ar first in a home invasion due to capacity advantage.

A scatter gun ain't gonna kill you deader.

whatever man ill pull out the 50 bmg and if i shoot you in the finger the shockwave will kill ypu instantly.  shit if i shoot 6 inches from your head you face would  be torn off what are you gonna do with no face smart guy?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Terrain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember, we're talking my opinion with my weapon INSIDE my house. I'd like to think I'm not one of the shotgun derpers. I know how to use it, it's limitations, the most likely and realistic situation I'd face inside the house, and I think that (all urban myths that I don't believe, regurgitate or repeat aside) my 590 will work just fine. For serious social work, the 590 goes in the jeep, the AR is carried

Terrain.

Because I know that against one or two maybe three guys INSIDE the house my 590, with 9 rounds in it, and 11 rounds on it, is going to be enough. I am not going to be ineffective with the AR inside, neither am I going to be ineffective with the 590. Personally I like the idea of putting 24 .33 holes in a guys center mass with two rounds, than two .22 caliber holes, fragmentation be damned.

Now the reason I specify, is that OUTSIDE (not a home invasion scenario but in the realm of something entirely different) I want the range, the capacity and the accuracy. In my mind outside means that it's not a home invasion of several persons, but something entirely different.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
THE THINGS I LEARNED ON ARFCOM:

All AK's belong in the trash
1911's are inaccurate, jam and are obsolete ( todays polymer mass consumer wonder nines with shitty triggers are far better)
FALS suck
H&K 91's suck
AR's are the shit
9mm is all the round you need with todays ammo and far superior to the .45 ACP
the .40 cal is worse than my ex red headed junkie stepchild
Glocks are perfection ( even with a shitty grip angle)

Shotguns are also  obsolete and not suited for home defense
due to multiple assailants in a common home invasion scenario where there are mass hoard's of  evildoers
coming to rape your male  Floridian pit-bull.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because I know that against one or two maybe three guys INSIDE the house my 590, with 9 rounds in it, and 11 rounds on it, is going to be enough. I am not going to be ineffective with the AR inside, neither am I going to be ineffective with the 590. Personally I like the idea of putting 24 .33 holes in a guys center mass with two rounds, than two .22 caliber holes, fragmentation be damned.

Now the reason I specify, is that OUTSIDE (not a home invasion scenario but in the realm of something entirely different) I want the range, the capacity and the accuracy. In my mind outside means that it's not a home invasion of several persons, but something entirely different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terrain.

So what happens if you get shot in the hand/arm and can't rack the shotgun to load the next round?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
THE THINGS I LEARNED ON ARFCOM:

All AK's belong in the trash
1911's are inaccurate, jam and are obsolete ( todays polymer mass consumer wonder nines with shitty triggers are far better)
FALS suck
H&K 91's suck
AR's are the shit
9mm is all the round you need with todays ammo and far superior to the .45 ACP
the .40 cal is worse than my ex red headed junkie stepchild
Glocks are perfection ( even with a shitty grip angle)

Shotguns are also  obsolete and not suited for home defense
due to multiple assailants in a common home invasion scenario where there are mass hoard's of  evildoers
coming to rape your male  Floridian pit-bull.

View Quote

Wrong. 1911s are God's gun. AR's are great. FALs are good enough. You're right about the rest of it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I'm off to bed. I'd like to make clear I don't believe or advocate the shotgun retardery that's commonly said in social circles. I happen to have the 590 out, and if something goes bump in the night that's what I grab. If you have (and I have had) an AR for a night stand gun than power to you. I have my reasons and I prefer the 590. I don't think I am disadvantaged for any reasonable scenario in the house by using it, and I don't think that anyone breaking in would think me a laughing stock facing that same 590. Night boys.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The warm I Trane for...

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpassets.com/bphoto/FZb-Y49ltund5hoRNFbq7g/l.jpg

Is very different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What epic goodness will we get out of this one?

I mean, it's hard to imagine things getting better than screen doors, terrain, bears, Afgahan Man, "A Different War", proned out and the like.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/ltlabner/boyardee_zps2599a55b.jpg
The warm I Trane for...

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpassets.com/bphoto/FZb-Y49ltund5hoRNFbq7g/l.jpg

Is very different.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well, I'm off to bed. I'd like to make clear I don't believe or advocate the shotgun retardery that's commonly said in social circles. I happen to have the 590 out, and if something goes bump in the night that's what I grab. If you have (and I have had) an AR for a night stand gun than power to you. I have my reasons and I prefer the 590. I don't think I am disadvantaged for any reasonable scenario in the house by using it, and I don't think that anyone breaking in would think me a laughing stock facing that same 590. Night boys.
View Quote
I think the nick name "short stroke" is applicable.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]
The halberd is always the correct choice.  Always.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So what happens if you get shot in the hand/arm and can't rack the shotgun to load the next round?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Terrain.

What happens if your AR takes a hit in the receiver and wont function? What happens if he has a sawed off and takes your support/primary hand off? What happens if you take a hit in the neck/head? What happens if you are using a pistol and take a hit in one of your extremities? Plenty of academic what ifs and they are infinite.
I'l rack with a wounded hand/arm. If I can't I'll rack on another surface. All just as likely.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bad guy holding your wife in front of him as a hostage.  Gun to head/knife to throat/whatever...
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]
The wife wouldn't agree
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bad guy holding your wife in front of him as a hostage.  Gun to head/knife to throat/whatever...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

O.K., I'll bite. If she was downstairs making a cappuccino, and they broke in, and got in that position, and I was again as I said, MAX 20 feet away, even with buckshot, I can make no better shot with the rifle than I can with the 590. At 20 feet it makes a ragged hole. Same difference.

I actually experimented with he hostage targets and the exact load I use for fun one day. Tango always winds up with a big chunk of his frontal lobe missing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I won't use an AR cause I dont trust anything that shits where it eats.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#19]
1911s are God's gun.

Could not agree more with you.

AR's ARE THE SHIT
I HAVE A  FAL

Gaston Glock sold his soul to the debil
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I won't use an AR cause I dont trust anything that shits where it eats.
View Quote

That's silly too if you're not being sarcastic. I've never had anything in my mil or civvy side experiences over the years that was not ammo/mag related for a malfunction. I tried to torture an A2 once, got guilty and detailed it after doing nothing but light lube to prevent rust for a year. No failures.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I locked my door.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1911s are God's gun.

AR's ARE THE SHIT
I HAVE A  FAL

View Quote

Here's another can of worms. My go to pistol ( thought I love my glock 22) is a custom 1911. My favorite battle rifle (non scoped) is my L1A1. And my second choice depending on mood for social work is the AK.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What happens if your AR takes a hit in the receiver and wont function? What happens if he has a sawed off and takes your support/primary hand off? What happens if you take a hit in the neck/head? What happens if you are using a pistol and take a hit in one of your extremities? Plenty of academic what ifs and they are infinite.
I'l rack with a wounded hand/arm. If I can't I'll rack on another surface. All just as likely.
View Quote

Guys who have done force on force stuff will usually tell you that people get shot in the hands all the fucking time. We have a member here who got shot in the hand.

I know it sounds dumb, but play some airsoft. You will take a shot in the hand/wrist/arm way more than you will anywhere else for some reason.

If that happens with a pump gun, you're a dead man.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

O.K., I'll bite. If she was downstairs making a cappuccino, and they broke in, and got in that position, and I was again as I said, MAX 20 feet away, even with buckshot, I can make no better shot with the rifle than I can with the 590. At 20 feet it makes a ragged hole. Same difference.

I actually experimented with he hostage targets and the exact load I use for fun one day. Tango always winds up with a big chunk of his frontal lobe missing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure your groups under stress are fantastic. You should just use what you're confortable with....And shoot your wife in the face.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Lets get to defeating body armor, I doubt anyone in my area breaking in will have a decent set or one at all on so I am not all overly concerned about that aspect of the issue.
View Quote

You can pick up soft body armor off of ebay for about $100. If I'm the bad guy and I'm kicking in people's doors doing home invasions you better believe I'm going to be wearing kevlar. It's somewhat unlikely but I sure wouldn't discount the idea that an attacker might be wearing armor since it is easily available.

I like shotguns too but if you look at the people who do CQB for a living and have access to what ever weapons they want I don't think any of them are using shotguns anymore. There is probably more then a few reasons for that.

What the shotgun does have going for it over an AR is that I can purchase a shotgun for around $200 just about anywhere in the US. Can't say that about an AR. An SBR with a suppressor on it might be a better tool for the job but it is expensive and legally not an option in many areas.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ITT someone in thier mid 40's to mid 50's with no experience or training will justify shotguns for HD based on theory, possibly even the use of bird shot (prefacing it with "think about it" or "everyone knows").  They will more than likely do this while arguing with guys who are experienced and have training. Bonus points for citing "I've been shooting for over 20 years" as if makes any difference.

I should make a tic-tac-toe board for these threads.
View Quote

Bird Gun Bingo
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Here's another can of worms. My go to pistol ( thought I love my glock 22) is a custom 1911. My favorite battle rifle (non scoped) is my L1A1. And my second choice depending on mood for social work is the AK.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1911s are God's gun.

AR's ARE THE SHIT

I HAVE A  FAL

So much fail.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:[/b]

I like shotguns too but if you look at the people who do CQB for a living and have access to what ever weapons they want I don't think any of them are using shotguns anymore. There is probably more then a few reasons for that. .
View Quote

Benelli M4 is one of the most popular entry gun choices.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Guys who have done force on force stuff will usually tell you that people get shot in the hands all the fucking time. We have a member here who got shot in the hand.

I know it sounds dumb, but play some airsoft. You will take a shot in the hand/wrist/arm way more than you will anywhere else for some reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is because hands kill.

Dudes immediately look at someone's hands to determine if they're a threat or not.

When they see a weapon they can become fixated on it, and often times your rounds naturally go where your eyes are pointed.

Just like anyone who has had professional driving instruction knows, the vehicle naturally goes where your eyes are pointed. Your brain makes your body connect the dots.

You can trust me, I'm an amateur scientist.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm sure your groups under stress are fantastic. You should just use what you're confortable with....And shoot your wife in the face.  Maybe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

15 years experience, both ground and sea. I do well enough under stress that I can still shoot. Stress aside, the group with one shot from the 590 is tight enough that it wouldn't make a difference at 20 feet if I made it with the AR, so with your logic, I shouldn't make it with either?
Know you and your weapons limitations. I make sure I know mine. If I don't think I can make a shot, I don't. If you don't think you can make one I can, don't do it either.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

With who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like shotguns too but if you look at the people who do CQB for a living and have access to what ever weapons they want I don't think any of them are using shotguns anymore. There is probably more then a few reasons for that. .

With who?
The Geese Police.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
15 years experience, both ground and sea. I do well enough under stress that I can still shoot. Stress aside, the group with one shot from the 590 is tight enough that it wouldn't make a difference at 20 feet if I made it with the AR, so with your logic, I shouldn't make it with either?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell load are you using, and what kind of choke?  Most guns will have between a 6 and 7 inch pattern at 20 feet.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Do you have bears in your AO?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Flamethrower>Halberd>Katana>Rifle>Carbine>Shotgun>handgun
View Quote

This. People constantly remind us all that 'stopping power' isn't real when it comes to gun fights. Bullshit. Flamethrower FTMFW. Doesn't matter how fanatic you are, what you believe in, how well you're trained, how big you are, or how mean you are. No one sucks up a good shot from a flamethrower. No one. WOOOOOOSH motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Awwww, yeah, dis gonna get goood.

*zip*

View All Quotes
Standing by to lubricate portal!

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Know you and your weapons limitations. I make sure I know mine. If I don't think I can make a shot, I don't. If you don't think you can make one I can, don't do it either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

Preaching to the choir in this crowd.

The real thing is, how fast can you toe load?

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's not 1995.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#43]

I said MAX distance in the house was 20 feet. If someone (unlikely scenario) hauled the wife from the front of the house, to the opposite end of the hallway from the bottom of the stairs to have a hostage standoff with me, well that's not a likely enough scenario for me to completely dismiss using the 12 gauge.
The way that particular gun patterns at 6 yards, with flite control wads gives me a tight enough group and consistent enough results on targets that any target viable to hit with a rifle I would try with that 590.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#44]
I did a couple too.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

O.K. Madcap. You got me, what the F is toe loading, before I have to look it up?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So much fail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1911s are God's gun.

AR's ARE THE SHIT
I HAVE A  FAL

So much fail.

Really, because after the ARs I own, the only other intermediate large capacity rifle is the AK. I did say SECOND choice (after my other Ars) and it's better than a pointy stick. Sorry I fail with the 1911 and my other weapons. I guess I'm doomed to death if I ever have to use them because you think they're inadequate
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Really, because after the ARs I own, the only other intermediate cartridge large capacity rifle is the AK. I did say SECOND choice (after my other Ars) and it's better than a pointy stick. Sorry I fail with the 1911 and my other weapons. I guess I'm doomed to death if I ever have to use them because you think they're inadequate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1911s are God's gun.

AR's ARE THE SHIT
I HAVE A  FAL

So much fail.

Really, because after the ARs I own, the only other intermediate cartridge large capacity rifle is the AK. I did say SECOND choice (after my other Ars) and it's better than a pointy stick. Sorry I fail with the 1911 and my other weapons. I guess I'm doomed to death if I ever have to use them because you think they're inadequate

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#48]
racking noise

(I pooped my pants just typing that)
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Meh all arguments are pointless.

I plan on getting both.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll I read was "I have carefully planned out what will happen in a home invasion scenario, and I won't begin to believe that other things may happen."
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top