BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The reason it's disproportionate, is that this virus has only had ~3 weeks to crank up.
View Quote
Officially, I think it made its official debut on or about the 20th of December. However, I suspect that it has been out there longer than that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
87 celcius
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If my neighbors are infected, what temperature do I need to cook them at to still be safe?

... just trying to plan ahead before the internet goes down and society collapses.  
87 celcius
Dude, that’s 188 F, way overdone and they’ll come out all stringy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
There are like 8 videos of people flat on the ground in public. Hell, one shows a person standing just collapse.  Shits fucked.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want even more conspiracy theory nightmares, consider that China is one of the few countries experimenting with CRISPR with limited restrictions. Then read Bobby Akart's 'Pandemic' series.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There are like 8 videos of people flat on the ground in public. Hell, one shows a person standing just collapse.  Shits fucked.
View Quote
Someone needs to grab a mask and prone out on an airport floor

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What if some other 'entity' engineered and released it [in China] and not the Chinese?

There are other reasons 'someone' might want a MAJOR distraction right now.

Analyze -carefully...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what I was saying yesterday. They are downplaying the severity and hiding the real numbers. In my mind it  means they tried to hide what may amount to a global pandemic, keeping other nations from locking down international travel and essentially guaranteeing the virus is successful. Those communist motherfuckers.
What if some other 'entity' engineered and released it [in China] and not the Chinese?

Analyze -carefully...
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Uh Yeah that isn’t flu like
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/740/432/9fa.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/740/432/9fa.gif

While mildly amusing in a dark humor sense, I'm betting dollars to donuts that they could be charged with some type of 'Inciting a panic' law, similar to using the term 'bomb' in those locations.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I want to know what this guy is saying.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBatlayeri/status/1220449370484682752
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#14]
So 600 confirmed cases (I know they ran out of kits) and less than 20 confirmed dead and they are rolling the military to lockdown a city?

Calling commie BS on the numbers

Either this is wayyyyy more serious than they are claiming or when it’s over we’re gonna be saying “Wait where’d all the people in HK go?”
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Absolutely no way China responds this way unless the numbers are dramatically worse than they are reporting.
View Quote
They are dying, and reanimated...  Zombies!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same here. Desperately low on TP. Could be Coronavirus. Could be the McDonald's
View Quote
At least you can poop out McD. I’ve been coughing non stop and the aches make it difficult to sleep thru after maxing the meds
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Analyze -carefully...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what I was saying yesterday. They are downplaying the severity and hiding the real numbers. In my mind it  means they tried to hide what may amount to a global pandemic, keeping other nations from locking down international travel and essentially guaranteeing the virus is successful. Those communist motherfuckers.

Analyze -carefully...
If anyone engineered it, it was the Chinese and it was released because the Chinese are grossly incompetent.

More than likely it is a natural Coronavirus strain and the Chinese acquired it through poor hygiene and sanitation practices, allowing the virus to mutate enough to infect humans.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese embassy whisked her away in the dead of night at this point.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If my neighbors are infected, what temperature do I need to cook them at to still be safe?

... just trying to plan ahead before the internet goes down and society collapses.  
View Quote
You need to rub Purell into your mustache to block the virus, especially the handlebars.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#21]
This is the thread where everyone that panicked about Ebola are going to panic here
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh - Probably want good meal before she die.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese embassy whisked her away in the dead of night at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She deserves every bit of that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
There goes her social credit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Texas A&M student may have possible case of deadly coronavirus

BRAZOS COUNTY, Texas (KEYE) -- The Brazos County Health District is investigating a suspected case of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.

The patient traveled from Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus originated, health officials say.

Brazos County is the home of College Station and Texas A&M University. Texas A&M University confirmed that a student may have a possible case of coronavirus.

Here
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A passenger on a flight to Los Angeles International Airport from Mexico City has been hospitalized and quarantined after showing 'disturbing' symptoms consistent with China's deadly coronavirus, health officials announced Thursday.

The passenger, who has not been identified, arrived at LAX on American Airlines flight 2546 on Wednesday evening and was met by Los Angeles firefighters and police.

Officials conducted a 'deep contamination process' after transporting the patient to a local hospital.

DM
View Quote
LAX! Arfcommers will be foing that happy dance there’s a chance it will wipe us out.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m all kinds of fucked up sick today, I think I got it
View Quote
I’ve been sick for 2 weeks now.  I started getting better, but it kicked in again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tents.
I’m guessing they lay a gravel pad or pour a concrete pad then erect temp modular trailer like structures or tents?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Tomorrow they will say that the number jumped to 10,000 cases, but nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese embassy whisked her away dead in the night.
View Quote
FIFY if true.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks staged.

I’m curious about what the frack is going on in this though.

Wtf kind of magic fish hole is this?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I’ve been sick for 2 weeks now.  I started getting better, but it kicked in again.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
That is not good, we may have to cleanse that city with nuclear fire.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Texas health officials are investigating a suspected case of the deadly new coronavirus in a person who recently traveled to Wuhan - the Chinese city where the disease originated.

The Brazos County Health District announced the possible new case on Thursday.

The patient, who was not named, has been isolated in their home after health care providers recognized their symptoms as consistent with the coronavirus - which has killed 18 people and sickened more than 600 across at least nine countries.

So far only one case of the virus has been confirmed in the US - a Washington state man who was diagnosed on Monday after returning from a trip to Wuhan.

That man is currently being treated by a robot in a guarded bio-containment room at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett.

Doctors have identified and are monitoring 16 people he came into contact with in the US during the five days before he was diagnosed.

Officials are also investigating another potential case involving a passenger who flew into Los Angeles International Airport from Mexico City on Wednesday.

The two new suspected infections came as health experts warned that the US will likely see an increase in cases as the coronavirus continues to spread at an alarming rate.

DM
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
N95 masks on Amazon have increased in price and ship time since I checked earlier today
View Quote
And probably made in China
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LAX! Arfcommers will be foing that happy dance there’s a chance it will wipe us out.

View Quote
Promises. Promises. Shouldn't tease like that.
Realistically, this won't do it.

Though looking on the bright side of it.
Looks like I'll get OT out the azz at the hospital and a clean up of the homeless population!
And with the street shitters gone, just might make that trek back to see SF & Cambria, CA again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
N95 masks on Amazon have increased in price and ship time since I checked earlier today
Was just at HD, surprised still in stock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#38]
TURN YOUR KEY SIR
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Analyze -carefully...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Analyze -carefully...
I have read there is an operating Level 4 Bio-containment Lab in Wuhan
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have read there is an operating Level 4 Bio-containment Lab in Wuhan
View Quote
The part in red may not have been made entirely clear to them.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#41]
that looks fake to me.

he puts his arms out at the last split second.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Weird.

I thought Wuhan airport was supposed to be closed.

Apparently it isn't
View Quote
I was curious so checked again. Flight aware is showing the flight diverting to Guangzhou.

Flight CZ8420

@Mach
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

BRAZOS COUNTY, Texas (KEYE) -- The Brazos County Health District is investigating a suspected case of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.

The patient traveled from Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus originated, health officials say.

Brazos County is the home of College Station and Texas A&M University. Texas A&M University confirmed that a student may have a possible case of coronavirus.

Here
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Cue the C-47 delivered FAE gif
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Y’all remember those cellophane ten packs of expired tamiflu in bottles the government was giving out in 09?

Pepperidge farms remembers

Doubt it does any good
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was curious so checked again. Flight aware is showing the flight diverting to Guangzhou.

Flight CZ8420

@Mach
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird.

I thought Wuhan airport was supposed to be closed.

Apparently it isn't

Flight CZ8420

@Mach
Interesting

So maybe these places really are shut down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Ban flights from China or anyone making a connection from China. Close the border down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here
Yea, that is not good, you can imagine how many contacts a student has, and if you are sick, you still go to all your classes unless you are deathly unable to get out of bed sick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top