Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/14/2020 10:25:18 PM EDT
I'm a recently retired Military Officer, academy graduate, fan of the constitution, hater of the Fed, and the current income tax system (FairTax).   Lived in a small rural comunity just under a year now.  Plugged in to the local school by volunteering to coach robotics (I'm an electronics geek on top of guns and hunting)...

Thinking with all the COVID stuff, government controls, shut downs, isolation/quarantine.    Its time for patriots to unite, organize, and participate in local militias...  focus on serving the comunity first through emergency response and preparedness, then ready to organize a response to tyranny.

So what does the ARFCOM group mind think?   Are there any ready made organizations/guides etc for doing such?

ETA:  Updated my profile... after reading some responses... realized I forgot to update where I retired to (was stationed in VA, moved home: live in the Thumb of Michigan now).
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Not today Mr Fed Agent
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Your first member will be FBI.

Your second member will be ATF.

Your third member will be a methneck whose family tree doesn't fork.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It might be a good idea.
But for goodness sake don't organize it through the internet unless you want to attract a solid mix of genuine lunatics and federal provocateurs.

You should also consider running for local government, especially sheriff.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It would be riddled with guys from 3 letter agencies.  I honestly can’t think of anything beneficial that would come of it.  

I certainly wouldn’t trust anyone I didn’t know for years.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Hates the Fed, yet his retirement income comes from????  Hard pass West Point.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Not today, glowie.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be fun.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Some local counties in Va are forming militias. Might want to check your county.
.https://www.galaxgazette.com/content/militia-muster-call-sent-out-grayson-citizens
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Can I be a colonel?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s glowing in here
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I be a colonel?
View Quote

I want to be President of Calendars!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Half of your members will be FBI.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can I be a colonel?
View Quote

Not unless you're related to OP.  He'll probably follow the state NG model.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It’s glowing in here
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I want to be President of Calendars!
View Quote

I'm the Thane of my local Fyrd.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#18]
What rock have you been under since lobby day, op?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can I be a colonel?
View Quote

Sure, Samuel.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#21]
It would be good to gather in a community of like minded individuals and not necessarily for defense.  Resources can be better used, knowledge shared (farming, gardening, canning, mechanical repair, woodwork, etc.).   Americans used to do this until the creation of the TV.   People used to sit on their porch in the evening and would meet neighbors who strolled by.  That way everybody knew everybody else and kept an eye out for the kids ("I'm going to call your mother!").   We drifted away from that with the invention of TV (everybody stayed inside and isolated from their neighbors) which isolated people.   Churches were another source for community gathering but attendance is down.

The economic reset is upon us.  People are in arrears in their mortgage payments and will be foreclosed on.  Our monetary system has been corrupted (can you say brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!?) and when it goes, most accumulated savings, earnings and retirement will vanish.  

Rather than fight among ourselves, we should come together to help each other out during the next few years.

It is very likely that as law enforcement absents itself, communmities will need to engage in self-protection.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can I be a colonel?
View Quote

You can join the American Pioneer Corps and be a Colonel...if you can sufficiently prove you currently have a federal commission or commission from the governor of your state as a colonel, whether active, reserve, or retired...

Otherwise, you're going to have to settle for "dude", "buddy", "pal", or if we really dislike what you're doing at the moment, "fuck wit".
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#23]
You do you op, keep it small and trusted. Don't alienate the locals, with your "crazy talk" it's not quite time for the normies but having a small trusted cadre ready would be helpful when its time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#25]
A recently retired "Academy grad" who doesn't capitalize "academy" or "constitution," yet capitalizes "Fed."

Yeah… nice try, whoever the fuck you are.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]

More of an FBI thing this time, I imagine.  Likely trying to penetrate the second wall of The Boogaloo Movement (lol)
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It would be good to gather in a community of like minded individuals and not necessarily for defense.  Resources can be better used, knowledge shared (farming, gardening, canning, mechanical repair, woodwork, etc.).   Americans used to do this until the creation of the TV.   People used to sit on their porch in the evening and would meet neighbors who strolled by.  That way everybody knew everybody else and kept an eye out for the kids ("I'm going to call your mother!").   We drifted away from that with the invention of TV (everybody stayed inside and isolated from their neighbors) which isolated people.   Churches were another source for community gathering but attendance is down.

The economic reset is upon us.  People are in arrears in their mortgage payments and will be foreclosed on.  Our monetary system has been corrupted (can you say brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!?) and when it goes, most accumulated savings, earnings and retirement will vanish.  

Rather than fight among ourselves, we should come together to help each other out during the next few years.

It is very likely that as law enforcement absents itself, communmities will need to engage in self-protection.
View Quote

You Could move to Seattle, I heard they were already organized in Chaz! Working wonderfully for them I believe.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#30]

BROWNELLED!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Why not just use the militia as a honey pot ? Use it to throw a nice loving party for all the alphabet boys in the group?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can join the American Pioneer Corps and be a Colonel...if you can sufficiently prove you currently have a federal commission or commission from the governor of your state as a colonel, whether active, reserve, or retired...

Otherwise, you're going to have to settle for "dude", "buddy", "pal", or if we really dislike what you're doing at the moment, "fuck wit".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can I be a colonel?

What if I make some tasty fried chicken, or have a YouTube gun channel?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hates the Fed, yet his retirement income comes from????  Hard pass West Point.
View Quote

Unironically this. Thanks for your service but I’m not willing to roll those dice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#35]
This pilot compsci major doesn't give a flying f about capitalization....  and yes I retired at 20 because the system wanted me to care about spell nazi crap.

But keep the ideas and dick measuring coming... it helps me get mentally prepared on how to weed out the idiots and trouble makers as I plot to unite my like minded community members.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Your first member will be FBI.

Your second member will be ATF.

Your third member will be a methneck whose family tree doesn't fork.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep. With your neighbors. No internet, just meet and discuss how to secure your neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This pilot compsci major doesn't give a flying f about capitalization....  and yes I retired at 20 because the system wanted me to care about spell nazi crap.

But keep the ideas and dick measuring coming... it helps me get mentally prepared on how to weed out the idiots and trouble makers as I plot to unite my like minded community members.

View Quote

With a command attitude like that, what could possibly go wrong...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep, nothing fishy here.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Do it OP. The time is now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You Could move to Seattle, I heard they were already organized in Chaz! Working wonderfully for them I believe.
View Quote

But they already got a warlord.   I want to be generalissimo.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Boomhauer was a Texas Ranger.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Most memes and gifs are pretty dumb. A few may elicit a smirk. That just had me in tears!  That’s fucking great! Who the fuck would think to add the explosion?  Absolute genius.

Anyway OP, didn’t you know there already is a militia in Michigan?  It may have made the news once upon a time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#44]
oOHHHh..those Virginia farm boys sure do have a sense of humor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes.

It is always a good time for citizens to organize. As for feds joining, so what? Just ignore any illegal suggestions. Hell, see if you can get them to pay for things.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Good job OP.
Operation Top Prop is a go. You have integrated nicely.
Love, Your Secret Handler

(This is a private IM right?)
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Michigan is a militia hotbed, but you already knew that.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok top cop.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top