User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Atomic_Ferret
Damn missed that one....is it still going on ?  I couldn't find it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Milwaukee M18 Portaband is my new favoritest tool.

I have a conventional bandsaw but I had to cut up my mailbox stand/cage after it got squished by a 1000+lb branch. Wasn't looking forward to sitting there with a grinder and sawzall so I used the occasion to justify getting it.

Cuts box tubing like it is butter.... It is a little heavy and has a learning curve (demo is a perfect time to learn a new tool).

Also: The M12 radio is rad. I have the M18 one but it is too damn big to lug around with me and lacks bluetooth. The little one can be clipped to my bag and will run a full 8 hour day on a 6.0ah M12 battery. A few weeks ago HD had a deal where if you buy 2 M12 6.0ah batteries you got a free tool. I got the radio as the free tool.

@Atomic_Ferret
Damn missed that one....is it still going on ?  I couldn't find it.

Was about a month ago, I think it ended. Didn't see any mention of it over the weekend when I bought the portaband.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I keep putting off buying a portaband so I can buy a Fab Offroad table for it and have a small vertical bandsaw as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a conventional bandsaw but I had to cut up my mailbox stand/cage after it got squished by a 1000+lb branch. Wasn't looking forward to sitting there with a grinder and sawzall so I used the occasion to justify getting it.

Cuts box tubing like it is butter.... It is a little heavy and has a learning curve (demo is a perfect time to learn a new tool).

Also: The M12 radio is rad. I have the M18 one but it is too damn big to lug around with me and lacks bluetooth. The little one can be clipped to my bag and will run a full 8 hour day on a 6.0ah M12 battery. A few weeks ago HD had a deal where if you buy 2 M12 6.0ah batteries you got a free tool. I got the radio as the free tool.

I keep putting off buying a portaband so I can buy a Fab Offroad table for it and have a small vertical bandsaw as well.

If you are talking about the Swag one, I have my eye on it as well. Might throw it on my Christmas list.
I have a decent size "convertible" bandsaw but it is kind of a hassle to set it up as a vertical machine and it isn't my favorite tool in the world to use in that capacity.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you are talking about the Swag one, I have my eye on it as well. Might throw it on my Christmas list.
I have a decent size "convertible" bandsaw but it is kind of a hassle to set it up as a vertical machine and it isn't my favorite tool in the world to use in that capacity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Swag, not sure why I had Fab in my head. That would be a good idea. If the wife would buy me the stand I'd have to get the saw.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was the first thing I thought of when a portaband was mentioned
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I just remembered another one...

Great way for those without generators to keep their electronics charged during power outages.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Knipex pliers
View Quote

Knipex mini bolt cutters…
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My drill brushes are awesome, large bottle of super clean from Walmart, diluted 4:1, 3:1 or 2:1 for various cleaning jobs. Great for cars or bathrooms.

What's the good enough without spending a shit ton of $$$ rolling chest of choice?
View Quote

I am happy with my 48 inch kobalt tool chest. They were on clearance when ARFCOM had the huge clearance thread. I think I bought it for 170 bucks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a tool per se, but Oetiker clamps.  To hell with worm drives if it's even remotely permanent.

And wire ferrules.  No more loose strands, just strip then crimp.  Better contact and better grip.  Beware, crimpers can get expensive.  I just use the knipex pliers type, no 4 jaw for me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Basin wrench
View Quote

Omg... I looked at those thing for years and never understood what they were for.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Omg... I looked at those thing for years and never understood what they were for.
View Quote

That's one of those jobs "there has to be a better fucking way to do this, who is the idiot that designed this? " and then someone goes "here, try this."
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll agree with spade bits being a poor choice to make holes, even in wood.

But trouble with these is limited size, only up to 1 1/2 and for smaller holes, say 1/2 and down, a drill is plenty good.

Thinner metal, 1/4" or so and 3/4 to 1 1/2 hole, yes, its a good tool.
View Quote

Anything bigger or thicker, what your looking for is a annular cutter and a mag drill.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

There goes Arf, costing me money again!
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or you could get these, which are lights AND can charge electronics:

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm a retired carpenter and about 13 years ago someone loaned me a Fienn oscillating tool to undercut some door jambs.  Wow what a neat tool!
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top